Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peculian,

Thanks for the links, but my question was what did don use. You are saying he used 12 to 14 gauge?

Comment

• Originally posted by drak View Post
      Peculian,

Thanks for the links, but my question was what did don use. You are saying he used 12 to 14 gauge?
      I don`t know Drak.But I have already purchased a cable 10m long 14 gauge.
      I think from 12-18 gauge cable like the ones in photos I posted here should do the work.
      But experimenting with it needs to be done in order to see what fits at ones efficiency.

@Farnhand.
      LOL. Take a gauss meter to see radiation from your billy goat.
      Take care or you can be severely electrocuted.
      << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• link problems

If a video link is bad, please do not flag this post as problematic to the forum moderators.

Instead, bring it to the attention of the person that posted the link - submit a post in the thread stating this.

Thanks!
        Sincerely,
        Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
        Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
        RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Hello Drak

Originally posted by Peculian View Post
          I don`t know Drak.But I have already purchased a cable 10m long 14 gauge.
          I think from 12-18 gauge cable like the ones in photos I posted here should do the work.
          But experimenting with it needs to be done in order to see what fits at ones efficiency.

@Farnhand.
          LOL. Take a gauss meter to see radiation from your billy goat.
          Take care or you can be severely electrocuted.
          Peculian may be right about the size wire. I don't recall DS ever saying for sure. Instead he said use one fourth, larger to smaller, to form the L1/L2 coils. I do remember someone saying that he used his favorite wire with this build and that was jumbo speaker wire, I think.

I personally used solid copper wire (4 gauge) which is very heavy for L1 and solid copper wire (16 gauge) for L2. I designed my coils like the Kapanadze design for several reasons and followed the one fourth rule with 1 being L1 and 4 being the L2 length or one to four. Also important, L2 should be comprised of two smaller coils, each wrapped ccw to each other and each following the one fourth rule and then you must center tap between the two as DS explains in the pdf.

Best I can do for this so if you don't understand what I have said, then please re-read what DS said about this.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Stoker,

Thanks but I have already tried a lot of experiments with this, check my history. I'm simply trying to determine, as had been mentioned before, whether Dons' L1/L2 was in resonance with his NST. Looking at Don's device, he used (2) .1 uF caps across L1. I used 8 gauge wrapped like it is in his photos and with the .2uF caps it only dropped the resonant frequency down to about 300khz. His NST is running at 35khz. Maybe you can see where I'm going with this...

Comment

• In the end, electricity, along with all the known factors by which we measure the work that electricity can do, would all fail if it weren't for field theory. With it, all of the above can be true and is true. Don Smith knew this and built a machine without moving parts that can and does work with the ambient energy around us thanks to good old mother earth.

I hope this helps.
              Stoker, indeed it does.
              Thanks for your informative posts.
              Bob

Comment

• Hi Drak

This explanation will be ruff, but think you will understand.

Whether you are using 12v supply or wall supply you will need to adjust the voltages to fall into the right frequency range. For me, I use the wall, variac, NST with the appropriate capacitor (more on that later). Don used a 12v supply with inverter, variac, NST and the appropriate capacitor.

You used 8 gauge wire for primary L1 while I used 4 gauge wire instead. I don't know what gauge wire don used, but I do know that L1/L2 did resonate with the supplied power and frequency. Please recall that Patrick Kelly provided a chart for the purpose of finding the appropriate capacitor for this problem. It was a simplified version of a much more complicated formula that Don recommended. If you can determine the LCR measurements of the coils and feeds to them, then you can determine the proper capacitor to use.

Some of this is still above my head and I study with repetition to get past the hard parts.

The difference in the wire sizes we chose to use will also determine or have a determining effect on the size capacitor for the job. That is something I've learned by studying the Kapanadze information.

I think that 4 was easier than 8 for this purpose.

I'm probably wrong to suggest this, but our builds are not the same and will never be the same based on the material differences, but the function will be the same when all things are in balance.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peculian View Post
                  Thank you for making this clear to the point !
                  The same route applies for me too.
                  quite welcome sir

Comment

• Drak, one more thing, please

My last post was quickly written and may not be clear after all.

The voltage and frequency supplied by the NST will create the starting point. By this I mean, the frequency of the NST will hopefully get you in the ball park and the adjustment needed for L1 is just a matter of finding the right capacitor for the frequency you want. Don always suggested 35 KHz, your right, but he never said that it should not exceed that. He has said that he felt that he got better results in that range. In some of his later designs, though, he talked about much higher frequencies. I bet you know that. A variac can be a big help with this problem too.

Anyway, enough said.

Comment

• Originally posted by stoker_x1 View Post
                      My last post was quickly written and may not be clear after all.

The voltage and frequency supplied by the NST will create the starting point. By this I mean, the frequency of the NST will hopefully get you in the ball park and the adjustment needed for L1 is just a matter of finding the right capacitor for the frequency you want. Don always suggested 35 KHz, your right, but he never said that it should not exceed that. He has said that he felt that he got better results in that range. In some of his later designs, though, he talked about much higher frequencies. I bet you know that. A variac can be a big help with this problem too.

Anyway, enough said.
                      The output frequency of the NST will be the same as the input AC frequency (usually 60 Hz). To get to 35 KHz you will need to excite an additional resonator that is resonant at 35 KHz. Is that what you are doing? This may be the function of the spark gap. Or, am I missing something?

Comment

• Frequency

Originally posted by drak View Post
                        Stoker,

Thanks but I have already tried a lot of experiments with this, check my history. I'm simply trying to determine, as had been mentioned before, whether Dons' L1/L2 was in resonance with his NST. Looking at Don's device, he used (2) .1 uF caps across L1. I used 8 gauge wrapped like it is in his photos and with the .2uF caps it only dropped the resonant frequency down to about 300khz. His NST is running at 35khz. Maybe you can see where I'm going with this...
                        The frequency of the pulses passed on to the L1/L2 coil pair is determined by the rate at which the spark gap fires. That rate can be higher or lower than the frequency of the driving oscillator as it is determined by the number of oscillator pulses per second, plus the oscillator voltage, plus the gap which the spark has to jump, plus the size of the capacitor feeding the spark gap.

If the capacitor voltage builds up fast, then the spark gap can fire more than once for each cycle of the oscillator. If the capacitor is large, then it can take several oscillator cycles to get the capacitor voltage up high enough for the spark to occur. So, the capacitor size and spark gap width can be used to adjust the frequency of the pulses fed to the rest of the circuit.

However, if you strike a bell which vibrates at 400 Hz, you hear the sound. That does not mean that you have to strike the bell 400 times per second in order to hear it. The bell has it's own resonant frequency and will vibrate at that frequency even if it is struck just once. Just like the bell, the L1 coil has it's own resonant frequency and will vibrate at that frequency no matter what the rate of the incoming pulses happens to be, even if there is only just one spark. Because of that, it is vital to have the L1 and L2 coils in resonance with each other.

Because of the standing wave produced inside the wire at the resonant frequency by the sigal bouncing back off the end of the wire, if the coil wire is extended beyond the coil in order to connect with the next component in the circuit, then the wave will continue to that connection, and the connecting wire length forms part of the physical length of the "turns in the coil". If the wire forming the coil turns is terminated at the end of the turns and the connecting wire is a very different diameter, then the signal bounces back from that sudden change in diameter and the connecting wire length is not part of the vital 4:1 wire length ratio needed for inter-coil resonance.

Life is never quite as simple as it looks on the surface, but once you get the hang of it, it can be fun.

Comment

• When your are designing these blocking oscillators, consider using a resistor in the collector line of the transistor or they draw enormous currents.

An ordinary Joule-Thief circuit draws over 100mA and that is to much for self-running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haan
                            All this talk about 35KHz ...

For you guys looking for simple instructions on how to build a DS device, I suggest you listen to DS himself on the videos Donald L Smith Device bonus part 1 and part 2.
                            Thanks for the video links. So he was not using a neon sign transformer, he was using a neon sign power supply (oscillator with high voltage output).
                            Last edited by xee2; 05-24-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Variety is the spice of life … how many variables do you want ?

Just adding a little to Patrick's observations above regarding “standing wave” and its effect.. in radio (or power) terms I believe it would be akin to transmitting into a totally miss matched aerial feeder,... that is with a wave that is totally reflected,, all you “good O'l buddies “ perhaps remember doing this
                              How to use a SWR meter - CBradiomagazine.com - YouTube
                              well It would seem to me that the state of unity SWR is exactly what Tesla didn't want, he didn't have a SWR meter if he did he would be aiming for Zero! It is Hertzian electricity we use (The only type that officially exists) and the only one that is ever taught. It is all we have been allowed to know, however Tesla’s “linear electricity” worked in exactly the opposite way (simply look at the shape of his aerials in old photographs) I'm sure I've posted this clip by E.P.D before but still be so kind as to listen to what he says very carefully particularly regarding the waveforms and their units. Of course you wont understand much of it .. nobody taught in this day and age will. EPD is one of a self taught “very few”however suffice to say that this type of electricity does not obey any of the laws principles and theories which we have been taught. Note lectures two and particularly part three where. Eric points this out.”an SWR of Zero is what is desired”.... That is a full standing wave or in Tesla speak a longitudinal wave. It is the wave we are tuning our Smith coils to. .
                              Consider for a moment a SWR which is simply a “poor match” most Hams and CB guys will tell you that the result is spurious signals (that is the signal is broadcast at random unknown frequencies from the feeder into the Aether) Isn't this exactly the reverse of what we wish to achieve with our Don Smith device?
                              Part 3 of 6: Eric Dollard Tesla Longitudinal Wave Energy SBARC Ham Radio with Chris Carson - YouTube
                              The odd thing about these illegal “ accidental spurious” random signals is that they have been recorded easily going trans global with phenomenal power on several different frequencies at the same time out of all proportion to the power of the transmitter (even if it was correctly tuned) In the past this has been attributed to “freak atmospheric conditions”
                              and so just to add to all the frustrating variables Patrick has pointed out needs to be added .. The linear component of the power will not respond to our circuitry in any way we have the language, maths or science to explain. The mathematics and physics has been denied and suppressed for well over a hundred years.
                              Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Truth

Originally posted by citfta View Post
                                Look at this page. Go about 2/3 way down and you will see a diametrically magnetized magnet. Go almost to the bottom and you will see another. Gee Whiz what a bunch of lazy people. You want everything handed to you. No wonder you never build anything that works.

Disc Magnets

Carroll
                                Ok Cifta interesting good to know that there are magnets with polarized face

Originally posted by dragon View Post
                                I posted this 10 pages ago -it seems people really don't want to see the truth, they get caught up in the shinny parts and reality just fizzles away in a puff of smoke...
                                Ok Dragon maybe it was a simple motor but was very geniusly built to hide batts.

Regarding this Zilano schematic did anyone had success on this? Can one use a flyback instead of Tesla coil without coils?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X