No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Dragon, thanks for the circuits. I think you have shown us something that is invaluable to our research. The building block that you have provided is a huge leap in our understanding of what is actually happening.

Nolan

Comment

• Hi guys, Dragon I tried the three plate capacitor a slightly different way with
      good results. I first used a 0.94 microwave cap with AV plug to ground and
      the third plate connected to the core of my converter, that charged the cap
      to about the same voltage as one transformer output of 180 volts or so.

Then I used a pair of 470 uf 400 volts electrolytic caps, I didn't want to strip
      the plastic coating off the caps to expose the can so I just wrapped some
      aluminium "flash tac" gutter repair stuff around the caps, flash tac is thickish
      aluminium foil with black jack (tar) on one side. This seems to work the same
      and I charged those to a level which almost blew my eardrums when I shorted
      them. I made the mistake of not realizing my volt meter was on AC setting so
      I was surprised by the caps making a sound like a rifle shot when I shorted
      them because the meter didn't tell me they were charged up pretty good

To cut a long story short I'm wondering if the third plate could be used in a
      different way, as in could the third plate be used for the feedback to trigger a
      transistor base. What I mean is, if a capacitor used normally as a kind of a tank
      cap had a third plate could that third plate be used to trigger a transistor ?

Eg. switch is closed connecting battery to cap the cap charging causes a
      voltage on the third plate which triggers the transistor to turn it on, then the
      cap discharges through a coil, ect. ect. I'm not good with self oscillators, it's
      just an idea I had. I was thinking along the lines of freeing up the secondary
      (of the kacher) so it needn't be used for feedback.

Cheers

P.S. When I look with the scope across it, probe to third plate - ground to
      ground, I see an impulse "type" wave form from the third plate. The waveform
      swings both sides of 0 volts. positive first and is a bit more than negative.

Last edited by Farmhand; 04-26-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Interesting question Farmhand. As an oscillator it might be questionable if the timing would be right - in a tank circuit you would have 2 peaks of different polarity so it might work... unless it simply holds the voltage steady on the 3rd plate... Using it like lasersaber and ibpointless as a "captret" where you have a lower voltage difference between the case and one of the terminals I'd bet it would work nicely. Add a resistor to the transistor base to control the voltage point it would trigger the discharge. Sounds amazing ! I'll have to give that a try... a voltage controlled oscillator? hmmm sounds handy !!!

That idea/question could go a long way... great thinking !

Comment

• I thought I should share that idea immediately because I'm so hopeless with self
          oscillators that even if it is a possibility I might not be able to make it work myself. And I'm not sure how to actually go about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
            Thanks Sergey,
            Googel translater helped. Some words not translated. Perhaps you might like to do the small final translation in order to forward it to the community? see
            • Who is the replicator?
            • What is that box named SISG after C2.
            • What is teh function of L31? Blocking HF and while giving GND reference to center tap.

rgds John
            Hi John!

Nice questions!You are experienced enough.
            It is a little bit difficult for me to understand the google translation in the file.
            Better I'll try to answer you questions and try to describe the theory.
            I think it will be more helpful.

* The replicator is a person from Ukraine( nick "dinatron").
            Perhaps google helps you to get more information.
            I do not know him personally. But he is very positive guy.

* SISG is the analogue of dynistor. It has the idea to close the way for
            backward wave from load. But as i know he couldn't make it work correctly because of high operating frequency.

* It is difficult question but I try to explain.
            The theory of Smith's device is
            1.We have LC resonance (C3 and L1) It is the regular process.
            2.We have highfrequency resonance ( L2 and C1).It is about 600-900 MHZ.
            3.We have an other one frequency additionally in L2 and C1. It is about 10GHZ. And
            this is our free energy. This is radiant energy .We call it cold electricity because it
            never make a heat of the wire and coils. Even the brush of motor doesn't have sparks.
            Isn't it cool?(It's kind of superconductivity at normal temperature)
            So L31 used to eliminate the influence of load to the resonance in L2 and C1.
            Important!
            The value of L 31 should be more then L2 in 8 times. At the same time the value of C this coil should be minimised.

Is it understandable explanation?
            If it isn't clear enough I 'll give more

Best regards
            Sergey.
            Last edited by usu; 04-27-2012, 02:14 PM. Reason: mistakes

Comment

• Hi all

Hi Dragon thank's for posting the circuits very helpfull.

So i tested the last one and it works very well, but needs some more tuning for my setup.
              And doing this i stumble upon this experiment

amazing discovering of an inductret effect 1.wmv - YouTube

hope this helps

Hi conrad

thank's very much for the link of the calculator , very heplfull.

Hi Farmhand
              Very intersting the way you see the use of those captret possibilities

thank's to all for sharing

And good luck

Laurent

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                Conrad, I used the kacher only because it is the simplest oscillator to put together which anyone can build quickly and easily. It isn't the best. The hartley may be a better choice but takes a bit of finesse to get it together and working at the frequency you want.
                I just had to search for a Hartley Circuit. Attached the one I found on the net, seems to be simple to adjust it to 1 MHz.

But the basic exciter circuit (as published by Dragon) is much easier to build, so one should start experimenting with it. Later on, when some interesting output is achieved, one could try to change the oscillator. My guess is, that one wants a noisy oscillator in order to excite the environment (whatever that means). A pure and stable sine wave might not be the way to go.

Greetings, Conrad
                Last edited by conradelektro; 11-05-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                  Hi all

hope this helps

Laurent
                  @Laurent:

One excellent feature of your videos is the circuit drawing which you show at the right time. This makes your presentation a joy to follow because one knows what you are talking about.

Thank you for your nice and educational videos.

Greetings, Conrad

Comment

• Pictures

HOWS IT GOING JOHNSTON

THE ANSWERS TO YOU ? IS (7) 1" IN A MINI BOBBIN WHICH SHOW APICTURE IN THIS POST

AND ALL GROUNDS ARE SEPERATE THEY MAY BE ABLE TO SEPERATE ANS STILL FUNCTION BUT I HAD

ALL SEPERATE LEADS FOR GROUND UNLESS YOU CONSIDER USING THE GROUND ON A HOUSE PLUG

AS THE SAME. BUT DIFFERENT PLUGS IN THE ROOM.

HERE'S THE LONG AWAITED PICTURES. I HAVE ALOT OF THEM IT COST $1.50PER PICTURE TO E-MAIL TO MAY

WEB ADDRESS TO MY COMPUTER . IT REALLY ADDS UP QUICK. THERE MUST FIFTY PICTURES THAT I TOOK.

THIS ONLY A FEW.

tHEIR IS SOMEONE HERE ON THE FORUM THAT TOLD ME HOW TO GET MY PICTUES ON COMPUTER FROM MY PHONE

IT ALUDES ME RIGHT NOW WHO DID IT BUT I APRECIATE THE HELP. WOULD NOT HAPPEND WITH OUT IT.

SO THANKS A MILLION
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                      ...this is simply my way of "giving back"...
                      Thanks, Dragon.

I think I can safely say that the people in this forum consider your contributions extremely valuable.

Thank you.

Also, if you or anyone else could provide a supplier's web site where I could purchase a 2kvac 2uf run cap (metal case) it would be greatly appreciated.
                      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Pictures

Here Some More. Hope This Is Ok To Do More Than 1 Post Of The Same Thing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                          Hi all

Hi Dragon thank's for posting the circuits very helpfull.

So i tested the last one and it works very well, but needs some more tuning for my setup.

hope this helps

Hi conrad

thank's very much for the link of the calculator , very heplfull.

Hi Farmhand
                          Very intersting the way you see the use of those captret possibilities

thank's to all for sharing

And good luck

Laurent
                          Another excellent video woopy ! It seems you've found how to use the capacitive quality between the case and coils of the ignition coil. Another interesting subject that we could spend lots of time on.

Very well done sir !

Comment

• Hi Vidbid - I like easy questions.... Capacitors just type in the voltage and capacitance and it will display what they have, up to 80,000 volts in some cases.

Comment

• High Voltal Multimeter

Hi All

Here Something I Thought Was Interesting Device Someone Could Build Themselves

And Save Some Money. High Voltage Meters Are Quite Expensive Compared To Building Your Own.

Here's The Circuit And The Picture Of The One I Built. Seems To Work Great.

Regards

P.s. Sorry For The Device Under The Hv Multimeter I Keep All My Builds In One Place That Is One Of Mr.cleans Replications.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• @Dragon. Thanks for that link! Much appreciated.

@SLOW-N-EASY

Originally posted by SLOW-N-EASY View Post
                                ...PICTURES. I HAVE ALOT OF THEM IT COST $1.50PER PICTURE TO E-MAIL

TO MAY WEB ADDRESS TO MY COMPUTER . IT REALLY ADDS UP QUICK...
                                SLOW-N-EASY

That's a lot of money for a few images.

If you just want to take some images inexpensively, you can pick up a mini web cam for just a

few dollars on ebay.

I think I spent $3.50 plus free shipping.

Mini USB 5M Retractable Clip WebCam | eBay

I bought a couple, and they work pretty good.

It might save you some money.
                                Last edited by vidbid; 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM.
                                Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Working...
                                X