Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
    "A CDI system has a short charging time, a fast voltage rise (between 3 ~ 10 kV/μs) compared to typical inductive systems (300 ~ 500 V/μs) and a short spark duration limited to about 50-80 µs."
    To add: normal spark time is 0.5 up to 2 ms.
    Do you remember Zilano's proposal with the flash tube and the SCR? (see) It is de facto a CDI design built for short severe pulses! As far as I understand it, this principle of pushing a coil to high voltage originates from Tesla - including a cap before!
    Apart that CDI pulses will reduce input power as well.

@Patrick: CDI technology along with reference to Tesla might be worth to mention in your online book.
    Last edited by JohnStone; 04-21-2012, 04:50 PM.
    Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Minni Coil Bobbins

Originally posted by SLOW-N-EASY View Post
      IF ANYBODY IS INTERESTED HERE IS AN UPDATE OF THE DON SMITH SUIT CASE DEVICE THAT I HAVE BUILT AND IT WORKS IT STILL NEEDS FINE TUNING BUT IT WORKS.I USED MINNI COIL BOBBINS I GOT FROM ALLELECTRONICS ON THE WEB. BUT THIS SCHEMATIC SHOWS EXACTLY HOW TO REPLICATE I WOULD THINK LARGER COILS SUCH AS L1 5' AND L2 320' WOULD WORK JUST AS WELL AS MY MINNI COILS @ 5" & 320". AND YES IT DOES NOT HAVE CAPACITORS. i TRIED USING A SMALL VARIABLE BUT WORKED BETTER WITHOUT. ALL I DID WAS TAKE 5" AS MY L1 AND DIVIDE THAT .25 THEN TAKE THE ANSWER AND DIVIDE BY .25 AND THEN DIVIDE THAT BY .25 AND I GOT 320" FOR L2 THEN WOUND L2 FIRST ON MINI BOBBIN AHD L1 ON TOP OF L2 i HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE.THESE MINI BOBBINS COST $5.00 FOR 200 IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST.

BEST WISHES
      SLOW-N-EASY
      Hi SLOW-N-EASY.

I am very interested in your device and would like to try and replicate
      one thing i need to find out for now is the size of those mini coil bobbins i can
      only find one size on that site that you mentioned 10 mm x 13 mm x 10 mm high.can you help.
      Thanks for sharring.

Regards Johan

Comment

• Don Smith

Hi guys I was planning to build this inverter for my Don Smith setup. Did anyone tried to connect the setup to an inverter yet?
        12V to 120V Inverter
        Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
          ..... Did anyone tried to connect the setup to an inverter yet?
          12V to 120V Inverter
          Hi Guruji,
          did you observe that the center of the primary coil is connected to earth! At the inverter you posted this is not possible. I am shure your proposal can b e reworked as to correspond the connection scheme posted by SLOW-N-EASY
          Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hi Dragon

In the video ,Importance of earth ground.wmv - YouTube, i have found at utuber "windfilter" and where the autor (Znel) is grounding the output of the secondary kacher and get a tremendous increase of the output power.

Can you say if by doing this manip ,the input power in the transistor increases or stay at the same level than before the grounding ?

Thank's

Laurent

Comment

• Howdy All, May I interrupt here with a quick question?
              What is a 'kacher' , kacher coil, or kacher circuit?
              I seem to have missed something along the way.
              Thnaks much for any clarification.
              jw

Comment

• The input power will increase slightly when you connect to ground. I wouldn't do this connected to a power supply - only batteries. Also, the input power will increase if you make direct connections to the battery terminals with the bulbs - drawing power from a capacitive copper plate in close proximity of the batteries will not increase the input. When you apply a direct load to the battery terminals ( i.e. bulb in hand to body capacitance ) it goes into a destructive feedback and tries to supply any amount of power that might be required. The kacher works on sort of a voltage controlled feed back . The capacitive plate allows the system to operate without the direct link and the voltage in the system is maintained. Same as I've done with the collector circuit using the capacitive plate as the antenna. You should be able to light small bulbs with what you have right now.

I have another one that I call a "suck charger" which shows the principal operation of the voltage feed. It will go into a destructive oscillation until the cap is fully charged then goes into an extremely efficient low power oscillation that it's input is barely measurable. It will charge a high uf cap faster than you can touch the pos terminal and release it to high voltage. This gives you a better idea of why the ground works so well connected at that point. Another discussion maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffy39 View Post
                  Howdy All, May I interrupt here with a quick question?
                  What is a 'kacher' , kacher coil, or kacher circuit?
                  I seem to have missed something along the way.
                  Thnaks much for any clarification.
                  jw
                  search Brovin/Kacher circuit - lots of information on these.

Comment

• Capacitor code information.
                    Capacitor Code Information

555 timer calculator
                    Download 555 Timer Free 1.1 Free - A calculator to help you with your work. - Softpedia

Comment

• Hi Dragon

Thank's very much for your info.

Of course your "Suck charger" is very interesting and perhaps you should open a dedicated thread. ??

For today i redo a bigger Kacher , i called the Swiss Kacher because i wound 25 turns of red 0.8 mm plain copper wire plasitc insulated and another 25 turns in white . The form plastic PVC is 21 cm outer diameter.
                      This kacher is really easy and quick to wind .

The primary is 2 turns pancake 2.5 mm stranded copper wire plastic insulated.

I used the same transistor circuit as per my previous flat kacher, and it works beautifully.

The amp draw is 225 ma at 24 volts. The frequency is arround 1.7 mHz. So i can perhaps tune down with a cap to 1.095 mHz

The black wire inside is the loop antenna in 1.5 mm copper wire plastic insulated .
                      Have also got 2 x 12 volts lead acid battery to avoid the power supply.

Just for info in the system as per this video amazing sparking between car coil and kacher 1.wmv - YouTube, i could replace the ground by an air antenna (at the end of the AV plug) to get the sparks. I get already small amount of sparks with a 1 meter air antenna.

OK a lot of experimenting youpp!!

hope this helps

Laurent
                      Attached Files

Comment

• How to measure cap of coil with out LCR meter

Hi all
                        i am facing a problem of finding Cap of Coil to resonate it.is there any way to get tuning without LCR meter.Can we use some sort of variable capacitor to get the right tuning without bothering what the value is?
                        Are there any ways(software+Hardware) to use PC as an oscilloscope.Thanks in advance
                        Last edited by atta; 04-21-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Hi all

just for fun , i decided to make some order in my system.

So i fixed everything steadily on a wood plate
                          So i could also shorten , minimise and / or suppress some of those crocodile connections.

So at the end, i have my frequency from 1.7 mHz down to 1.28 mHz.

So it seems that, in this operation, the length of the wire connections are of atmost importance.

Hope this helps

good luck at all

Laurent
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                            Hi all

just for fun , i decided to make some order in my system.

So i fixed everything steadily on a wood plate
                            So i could also shorten , minimise and / or suppress some of those crocodile connections.

So at the end, i have my frequency from 1.7 mHz down to 1.28 mHz.

So it seems that, in this operation, the length of the wire connections are of atmost importance.

Hope this helps

good luck at all

Laurent
                            Hi Woopy,

I've been watching your videos with amazement, and I would just like to say that they are very good.

I really like the exciter circuit that you are currently working on. I believe that this is the same circuit that windfilter was demo-ing in his video but didn't show.

I would like to build one myself. To that end, I am taking apart an old TV set to get at the magnet wire and the flyback coil.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos on YouTube.

Sincerely,

Vidbid
                            Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• hi Johnstone

Sorry for long to reply. I have been busy.Most of the info you are asking is on the schematic if you blow up so you can see the foot notes. Check it out if that is not enough info. ask me again.

Comment

• Kelly's Pdf

Originally posted by Patrick Kelly View Post
                                Hi Gedfire,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you - I have been away for two weeks where I had no reliable internet connection.

As it happens, my pdf is not an encyclopedia but instead is a collection of designs which I happen to believe work as described and which the reader has some chance of replicating. Dr Schwartz's device has extensive electronic circuitry weighing eight pounds and a major printed circuit board. If you can provide me with that circuitry and the operating principles, then I would be able to include the design, but without that information, how can it be replicated? Also, the complex layered plate sandwich/integral coil construction is likely to be outside the scope of the average constructor.

So, for those reasons, I can't see it being included in my pdf.

Patrick
                                Actually,calling your pdf an encyclopedia was my way of saying its the greatest ever...on matters relating to free energy .

I now understand your reasons for not including Dr Schwartz Device although I believe there are indirect references,however, in your pdf as to its operating principles.

It was supposedly based on Tesla aerial device with modifications.And no I have no schematics,just theories which I suspect are not too far from Don's and Moray's Devices.Different roads perhaps, but same destination.

Anyway, you have and is still doing a great service to humanity by your publication.

Thanks Man!

Best regards,

Ged

Comment

Working...
                                X