Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
    All notions regarding cap is - it needs to be high capacity fitting to the power drawn. It's like a capacitor at an AC motor.

@ALL: Apart that I built this night my first HV pulse cap out of 10µm Al foil and document pouches (polyester). The stack (ca. 1cm thick) contains 34 pairs of laminated AL foils in half letter format (Europe A5) . The capacitance is exactly 340 nF => 10nF per sheet pair.
    The insulation is 2x80µm I assume the practical achievable voltage will be 15 to 20 KV (theoretical much more = 580V per µm).. Cost: less than 5 Euro The laminated edges protect from corona efects.

I can play with additional polyester foils inbetween or thicker material i.e. 150µm in order to face any voltage. The basic components are the same.

This is just a short message of success. I will take pics and issue a PDF ASAP. Thorough voltage measurements will follow later on.
    Hi John,

That’s very interesting solution!!!! I would like to see how it works.
    Did you try this circuit with your custom made capacitor yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
      Hi editor,
      I meant with my suggestion precision cutting lfor cutting a ceratin length. But your suggestion for cutting the slot is great!!!!

Clamping the capacitor plates: see. These are calmping rails for office use and very cheap. Use white or transparent color in order to prevent conductivity of the plastic material by color ingredients.

Alernative: Cut a hard plastic tube lengthwise and you have a smilar clamp.
      The glass shall protrude the metal plates in order to omit flashover. By choosing the diameter of teh tube you can account for the protruding glass area.

Just a hint in case you missed it: There are two different setups. The setup in post #3964 (pipes) requires a huge harvesting HV cap while the setup in post #4005 propses the metal / glass cap.

JohnStone,

thanks for the tips, I will try to use some. I know there are two
      different caps.
      I will firs tray the glass one. During the weekend i was brainstorming with my brother, the quick conclusions was that I need a thinner glass (3mm) and minimum attachment of the plates so they can vibrate. Hope to do some work in the next days.

chers

Comment

• Originally posted by Garsony View Post
        Hi John,

That’s very interesting solution!!!! I would like to see how it works.
        Did you try this circuit with your custom made capacitor yet?
        This circuit with copper tubes is my preferred setup. Materials puchased but not arrived yet.

I decided to build this home brew cap because it is essential to get the high frequency into the cap. I understand that the cap needs to be stressed in order to self charge or convert to hot electricity. Having too much impedance restricts the active area of the cup considerably. I do not trust any cap made for mains frequency (like MO caps).

It's like filling and draining a bath tub (capacity) through a stromal (impedance) in 2 minute cycles (working frequency). You will never make use of the full volume specified in the data sheet.
        Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by editor View Post

JohnStone,

thanks for the tips, I will try to use some. I know there are two
          different caps.
          I will firs tray the glass one. During the weekend i was brainstorming with my brother, the quick conclusions was that I need a thinner glass (3mm) and minimum attachment of the plates so they can vibrate. Hope to do some work in the next days.

chers
          Glass supply: Try to get these product. You get a plurality of them in different sizes.

Use double sided adhesive tape used for carpets in order to fix the metal plates on glass with distance. Applying at in the corners only will suffice (free vibration possible)

If you intend to hang the glass for free oscillation use suction cups
          Last edited by JohnStone; 04-17-2012, 07:53 AM.
          Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hi Conrad

great work bravo

There is a lot to learn with this setup

Perhaps you can answer this question, or perhaps Dragon(Znel) can ?

In the Kacher exciter , the primary coil (2 turns ) is normally DC pulsed, so the current in the coil is always pulsed in one direction, from battery positive , accross the primary coil, than accross the transistor (on and off switch) than to battery negative.
            So why do i get a kind of AC sine wave in the primary coil ? which produces an almost perfect AC wave in the secondary coil and also in the coupling wire loop?

What is the origin of this AC wave in the primary coil ??

And why is there no flyback spike in the primary ?

Is it possible that the flybackspike is so large that it produces the kind of sine wave, i notice on the scope shot here under ?? (channel 2.(the probe is attached at the output of the primary and not grounded)

Notice also the trace of the input current (accross 1 ohm resistor ) at channel 1. The wave is up and down the middle point as if there is a negative current coming back to source ?

And for finishing, the amplitude of the current wave (channel 1 ) decreases when i approach the wire coupling loop and the bulb begin to light ?

Very interesting isn't it

Good luck at all

Laurent
            Attached Files

Comment

• Improvements and Tests

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
              Great work Sir, I am pleased to see how fast you did this set up.

I suppose if you have variable caps you can re-tune whenever you move the loop.Have you considered multiple loops?

Best regards,

Gary
              Gary,

you can see a drawing of the circuit I used for the experiment beneath my last post. I would like to ask you to indicate where to put a variable capacitor?
              http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post188710

I plan to try an insulated copper wire loop for the incandescent lamp (to see whether iron is really necessary). Yes, I want to try multiple lamps (each with its own one turn loop of iron wire or copper wire). When I hold a fluorescent lamp near the big coil it lights up dimly and I can see the current draw of the circuit rising by 10 mA.

At the moment I have a two turn primary, but I want to put a sliding cardboard ring on the big secondary coil onto which I can wind various primaries each with a different number of turns (also pancake stile).

The circuit needs some additional components in order to make the transistor switch in a better way. In the simple circuit I used, the transistor gets hot easily although it should be able to switch many amperes (it only switches about 100mA to 500 mA). I think that means there is some faulty current between base and emitter of the transistor or even between base and collector (the base Voltage might go way below GND or way higher than the supply voltage).

Remark: The big red coil with 200 turns of 0,325 mm enamelled wire stems from my Joule Thief experiments and served as a huge tertiary coil and also as an exciter coil (in a circuit which was called Slayer Exciter). The bifilar Joule Thief coil needed 15 turns to work nicely with this tertiary. In the slayer exciter I used a eight turn primary.

Greetings, Conrad

P.S.: I am grateful for any suggestions and comments.

Comment

• Quick answer

Originally posted by woopy View Post
                Hi Conrad

great work bravo

There is a lot to learn with this setup

Perhaps you can answer this question, or perhaps Dragon(Znel) can ?

In the Kacher exciter , the primary coil (2 turns ) is normally DC pulsed, so the current in the coil is always pulsed in one direction, from battery positive , accross the primary coil, than accross the transistor (on and off switch) than to battery negative.
                So why do i get a kind of AC sine wave in the primary coil ? which produces an almost perfect AC wave in the secondary coil and also in the coupling wire loop?

What is the origin of this AC wave in the primary coil ??

And why is there no flyback spike in the primary ?

Is it possible that the flybackspike is so large that it produces the kind of sine wave, i notice on the scope shot here under ?? (channel 2.(the probe is attached at the output of the primary and not grounded)

Notice also the trace of the input current (accross 1 ohm resistor ) at channel 1. The wave is up and down the middle point as if there is a negative current coming back to source ?

And for finishing, the amplitude of the current wave (channel 1 ) decreases when i approach the wire coupling loop and the bulb begin to light ?

Very interesting isn't it

Good luck at all

Laurent
                Laurent,

I have to go now, therefore just a quick answer, more tomorrow:

The curves you observe (over the shunt and for the primary) are very similar to curves I observed during Joule Thief and Exciter experiments with air coils.

Yes, the back emf goes partly back into the power supply (therefore the negative part in the curve over the shunt).

According to my knowledge, the sine wave in the primary is caused by the back emf. This is the whole point in a transistor oscillator with an inductor (coil), a way to turn DC into AC oscillations.

Greetings, Conrad

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                  Sir,

In case I may have missed your promo, does the author have a working device?

Ged
                  This could quite easily lead into a debate on how best to prove the technology.

4 live web cams in 4 seperate parts of the world has been suggested.

These videos can then be downloaded and uploaded to 1000's of youtube channels very quickly.

I'm sure you are all aware how quickly videos can spread globally.

Gedfire if you had a device, how would you safely deliver it to the world.

No one has the monopoly on ideas.

Here is the link to the only manual you will ever need to buy and read in our quest to free the planet:

Direct Electrical Power from The Utilization of Earth IONS, SonoMagnetics

After you have purchased the manual, please send your invoice to the admin team of - TEAM ENERGY - www.energy.team-talk.net to receive further instructions.

It's not about profit, it's about freedom!

All inventors have failed because money is the root of all evil.

Money is nothing but a tool to free the people.

Lets free ourselves!

The powers that be are tightening the rope around our necks. No one is going to save our asses, only we can save ourselves, our close friends and family members.

-Bruce P.
                  Last edited by soundiceuk; 04-17-2012, 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

• DonZilano

Its nice to see you back Zilano! I have learned a lot from your posts many of the forum members with extraordinary talents.

Can you tell me if the circuit below has any chance of success before I start purchasing parts.

rgrds,
                    jokyb
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jokyb View Post
                      Its nice to see you back Zilano! I have learned a lot from your posts many of the forum members with extraordinary talents.

Can you tell me if the circuit below has any chance of success before I start purchasing parts.

rgrds,
                      jokyb
                      Some Notions:

Grounds:
                      For the Zilano setup with the copper tubes she requested two different grounds. (a asked this special question and she answered)
                      Your proposed setup is based on a Zilano proposal with two obviousliy different grounds as well.
                      If you study Utkin's paper you will find proposals where a long ground wire is requested.
                      So it is very obvious that you will need different grounds.

HV:
                      Not shure if the tesla coil delivers DC pulses or AC pulses. Your setup will deliver DC pulses.

Comment

• Use 3-plates high voltage capacitor to test charge without resonance destroy:

Easy setup to test:

Comment

• 3 plate cap charging and discharge...

SMOV0006_MPEG_.mpg - YouTube

kacher cap charge.wmv - YouTube

Comment

• Hi Conrad

thank's for your post and i am waiting for your next ones on this subject.

Just for your info , i tried different wire coupling loop material. and it seems that any conducting wire works

- uninsulated copper single loop of different wire's diameter

-plastic insulated copper wire single loop

- anodised aluminium single loop

- Antenna TV coax cable single loop (connecting the center wire or the shielding mesch) ( for info so far, nothing when connecting the center wire with the shielding mesh , trying to get some "stray capacitance " coupling )

-drilled flat steel band (strip ) single loop

- helicoidal loop (many turns from center to outside ) with very different results depending of the picking place of current but generally not better than the 1 single loop.

- steel mesh band is not good

I did not test a second identical to secondary diameter coil ??

hope this helps

good luck at all

Laurent

Comment

• Hi Dragon

I post here one experiment i made with the *Captret/ znel/Stiffler "

so i connected an 4 meter plastic insulated copper antenna to the alu envelope of a electrolitic cap.
                              Than i connected the positive and negative of the cap to an Avramenko plug (2 single 1n4148 diodes ) to the ground.

Than i connected the plus and minus of the cap to a voltmeter, and i got really fast (the cap is 22 uf 250 volts ) about 1.9 volts. Than i can short the cap and after some time and depending of the outside weather, the voltage climbs steadily to about 1.7 to 1.9 volts , with a very short antenna (about 4 meters).

OK now i am somehow confused to post all this here.

It seems to me that this thread is compulsing an immense variaty of different subjects.and perhaps the moderator should dispatch the info in different thread ?

good luck at all

Laurent
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano

use tesla coil and higher mfd cap

....am not an inventor am just a user
                                =========
                                zilano, can you show any of your using devices pls
                                you making so many changes in someones schematics, let us know which device you're personally using, so we can be happy too
                                thx

Comment

Working...
                                X