Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
    Ok, I'll play along... when a magnetic field passes a wire in a closed circuit it produces a field that is equal and opposite to that field producing it - basic Lenz law. If we create a magnetic field in an open circuit and remove the magnet before the field collapses and close the circuit during the collapse (timed load) we can generate energy and there is no opposing interaction with the original source, excluding normal iron losses and cogging. So it's not dependent on an input force that is equal to that produced.

Say what you mean... then we will make it happen...
    And now think what happens when you got two wires in parallel, - one thicker and one wider.
    What happens over time period if thicker wire is x times thicker in such configuration - when magnet passed the Lenz law lags 90 degrees in phase in relationship to wider wire... ?

And another thing to think about: You got AC signal over 2 parallel wires in opposite direction. Does it really cancel magnetic field? If you do simple experiment, your compas will show something else - if North and South poles are on X axis, after those wires with current the weaker North and South poles will be on Y axis!
    This is where Tesla bifilar CW+CCW coils go...
    Last edited by T-1000; 02-29-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
      And now think what happens when you got two wires in parallel, - one thicker and one wider.
      What happens over time period if thicker wire is x times thicker in such configuration - when magnet passed the Lenz law lags 90 degrees in phase in relationship to wider wire... ?

And another thing to think about: You got AC signal over 2 parallel wires in opposite direction. Does it really cancel magnetic field? If you do simple experiment, your compas will show something else - if North and South poles are on X axis, after those wires with current the weaker North and South poles will be on Y axis!
      This is where Tesla bifilar CW+CCW coils go...
      T1000: I'm not sure what you mean by thicker and wider... what I'm envisioning from your description it would be like placing a ribbon wire below a round wire ( thin and thick )? Your saying the interaction between the parallel wires is 90 degrees off or if a magnet is moved over the wires the magnet interaction would be 90 degrees off from the wires?

I've built a transformer tank circuit where the layers between the coils being capacitive makes the 2 layers lag by 90 degrees and you get a potential difference where by you are able to drive a load between them. I haven't tried altering the wire size or physical shapes between them. Sounds interesting if this is in fact what you mean.

You mentioned in an earlier post about making a capacitor in the form of an inductor - I've been making 5 terminal caps for some time now for various experiments, using them as either a cap an inductor or a combination of both. Primarily the 3 plate caps I've made have these features.
      Last edited by dragon; 02-29-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• I have to check it , but...here is the question :

does current direction generated in coil via magnetic induction from single magnetic pole pulsing depend on coil winding direction ?

I believe Don Smith wanted us to compare NST internal with his table top coils. You will find this is the same setup inside NST (used by Don, new one may work differently) - EXCEPT inside NST there is ferrite core.
        Am I correct ?

WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF LENZ LAW ! PERIOD. When we start understanding we could develop plenty of OU devices. One would be Don Smith setup for lower voltages and frequencies exactly like Zilano showed in schematic.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
          I have to check it , but...here is the question :

does current direction generated in coil via magnetic induction from single magnetic pole pulsing depend on coil winding direction ?

I believe Don Smith wanted us to compare NST internal with his table top coils. You will find this is the same setup inside NST (used by Don, new one may work differently) - EXCEPT inside NST there is ferrite core.
          Am I correct ?

WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF LENZ LAW ! PERIOD. When we start understanding we could develop plenty of OU devices. One would be Don Smith setup for lower voltages and frequencies exactly like Zilano showed in schematic.
          Yes the direction does depend on the winding direction and/or the polarity of the magnetic input.

We do understand Lenz law in the sense of it's use and what to expect in normal circuits. We don't, however, fully understand how to use it to our benefit. This is the challenge...

Comment

Yes the direction does depend on the winding direction and/or the polarity of the magnetic input.

We do understand Lenz law in the sense of it's use and what to expect in normal circuits. We don't, however, fully understand how to use it to our benefit. This is the challenge...
            Some people do understand and use in motors for benefit - they LAG it behind cycle time:
            NASA Video Part 1 - Regenerative Acceleration Explanation - YouTube
            NASA Video Part 2 - Regenerative Acceleration Video - YouTube
            NASA Video Part 3 - Minimum No Load Speed - YouTube

P.S> Use same principle in resonant transformers and you will get maximum output with minimum input...
            The second part of energy will be recycled back to the source.
            Last edited by T-1000; 02-29-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Some people do understand and use in motors for benefit - they LAG it behind cycle time:

P.S> Use same principle in resonant transformers and you will get maximum output with minimum input...
              That's why I said we know what to expect in "normal" circuits and also that we don't "fully" understand how to use it to our benifit. We have lots of clues, still we have much to learn to utilize it to it's maximum potential.

So we are really only scratching the surface of the possibilities of what can be accomplished...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Noskills View Post
                Did anyone try to make schematic from those Don Smith pictures of the tube device ? Look up closely and you see that the GDT is connected directly to NST and capacitor is after it ! Diodes feed the tank circuit and nothing happens until there is ground spark (Utkin). When spark occurs energy is sucked from the ground in the tank circuit. Lets say energy goes back and forth in tank circuit 100 times before its strength drops to 50%. Resonance occurs when energy in capacitor is on the plate that is connected to diodes: little energy is required to fill it. If NST runs at 35 kHz, then this 100 assumption would give 3.5 MHz in secondaries. Tesla said that coil length must be one quarter of electric disturbance, that means wavelength to me. Speed of light gives about 300 MHz and 1 meter of wire would be full wave length. So to seek for optimum resonance with just 35 kHz would mean quite a long secondary dont you think ?

So we need to have two resonance conditions. First to feed the tank circuit in primary in resonance and second is resonance with L1 and L2 coils.

When you look at the output, there is clearly a quarter wave resonator with cap on one side. L2 side does not affect input, this also explained by Utkin. Connections for secondary side are clearly visible, no quess work required.

If this tube device was a working version, then the answer is in those pictures. Study them and make experiments. Skip the NST first, it could be difficult to find first resonance condition. Unless you have tunable capacitor.

I did not actually see from these pictures ground connection, I quessed it. Does not mean that it is correct quess tho. Ground could also be elsewhere in primary side. I have noticed that ground after diodes and before spark gap increases action in the spark gap. Common sense tells me that after diodes there is positive voltage and ground is negative and stuff wants to go to positive.

Hi Jack, Your right about the GDT connecting directly to the NST in the
                pictures, to me that looks suspicious, that means the two 100 nF capacitors
                are to tune the primary. Which still indicates an adjusted resonant frequency
                of 250 Khz. With no tank capacitor there is no capacitive discharge through
                the primary.

You say to skip the NST at first. How to supply the input power then ?

Why would he build a transformer with coils that have natural frequency in
                the mHz then adjust the frequency to 250 Khz with capacitors ? I can think of
                a couple of reasons.

I think the GDT going straight to the NST showing no tank cap is used is the
                final nail in the coffin for this project to me, I'll try a primary circuit like that,
                but I can't see how it would work very well. No tank capacitor seems very odd.

Is it possible that the Device in the pictures is purposely constructed wrong ?

Cheers

Comment

So we are really only scratching the surface of the possibilities of what can be accomplished...
                  Definitely !
                  Let`s see Tesla`s example : The more he came to discover new things
                  the more he realised that there`s more than a single, simple man can ever discover !!
                  Last edited by Peculian; 03-01-2012, 01:27 AM.
                  << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• yahehe cool, love Heins

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post

Thane Heins' work is awesome, i built a perepiteia, and it works just like advertised, problem is he kept improving the system
                    ...still cant believe i havent tried the BiTT
                    but wanted to keep on track with the Smith, getting there, but i need a more stable hv output and thinking of IGBTs
                    Last edited by mr.clean; 03-01-2012, 03:39 AM.
                    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                    In the expert's mind there are few.
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Exactly, it is reflected....

An excellent example would be the Cook coil, patent #119,825 - 1871 Daniel McFarland Cook
                      Last edited by dragon; 03-01-2012, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• genuine circuit

Hey guys, this is probably something most of you know, but I will show it anyway. This is the genuine circuit on the primary from the photo's. It does not work, you cannot spark to earth ground out of the NST. If I use a different circuit the primary will run, but not with the circuit in the pics. February 29, 2012 7:28 PM - YouTube

I think the pic is just a representation of what is really going on, although its not far off. I also think that there are a few that are successful but just have not continued because they are to focused on making the light brighter. The light is not going to be bright with 1000v @ 35MHZ.

Has anyone built the isolation transformer?

Nolan

Comment

• isolation transformer quest

Originally posted by kajunkreations View Post
                          Has anyone built the isolation transformer?
                          Nolan
                          That is the most wanted piece of the puzzle as I see it now.
                          That`s where things will get very interesting on this thread !
                          Isolation transformer suggestions are precious folks.
                          Come on everybody give some hints so everyone gets their hands on.
                          cheers.
                          << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• bingo

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                            Hi Jack, Your right about the GDT connecting directly to the NST in the
                            pictures, to me that looks suspicious, that means the two 100 nF capacitors
                            are to tune the primary. Which still indicates an adjusted resonant frequency
                            of 250 Khz. With no tank capacitor there is no capacitive discharge through
                            the primary.

You say to skip the NST at first. How to supply the input power then ?

Why would he build a transformer with coils that have natural frequency in
                            the mHz then adjust the frequency to 250 Khz with capacitors ? I can think of
                            a couple of reasons.

I think the GDT going straight to the NST showing no tank cap is used is the
                            final nail in the coffin for this project to me, I'll try a primary circuit like that,
                            but I can't see how it would work very well. No tank capacitor seems very odd.

Is it possible that the Device in the pictures is purposely constructed wrong ?

Cheers
                            totally, i believe it IS deliberately built wrong, in terms of the primary side, and similar to what you said, based on the values of coils and caps, the 35 khz dont add up

that in mind... Don himself said: "the one's who are smart enough will figure it out"

what a cute old man eh like ive said before, just by the fact that a Tesla Coil can go from no "output" ....to 10 ft arcs... with virtually the same tuning method as we are using, just different inductances due to the coils.

ive found tho yesterday that just a .5 x 8'' ferrite rod will bring up inductance several hundred uH !!!! that is unreal,

ive always wanted to avoid cores, but that is another purposely "missing" detail left for us to discover

makes sense that he would do that lol he prob needed to make the same discoveries along the way
                            ...and he mustve known from building that direction of turns matters, but its just EASY take a few turns out and put connectors on, rather than re-winding cw ccw, then it looks functional, but wont work hehe
                            ...the primary spark etc..

also to my knowledge the device demo was the briefcase model, which seems more like Mopoco's replica "Don Smith TROS"
                            And possibly self-feeding like kapanadze?
                            (now available from our american and european AAATRS

thats just a thought, but i agree, there's deliberate confusion, but its all basically there, just not arranged properly, and various components lol

***here is the best Smith i have seen to date, this adorable Russian Dmitrij aka Destine2012, took the time to send and translate,

and its nothing like we are doing, as seen on Dons double helices board, the only thing similar is the working principle, and there's coils Lol...

Модернизация , 5300 оборотов на валу двигателя! - YouTube

he has schem posted as well

his words: "150watts input, 880watts out, (220v x 4A
                            and 5300rpm on a motor.

he has no reason to lie, or even show us at all. but he took the time to tell me i had it wrong, and here is a little help... what a great guy
                            Based on the Dynatron model, and these guys are running motors
                            Last edited by mr.clean; 03-01-2012, 04:09 AM.
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• nice one

Originally posted by dragon View Post
                              Exactly, it is reflected....

An excellent example would be the Cook coil, patent #119,825 - 1871 Daniel McFarland Cook
                              whoa cool man, there's too many things to try eh
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                                Thane Heins' work is awesome, i built a perepiteia, and it works just like advertised, problem is he kept improving the system
                                ...still cant believe i havent tried the BiTT
                                but wanted to keep on track with the Smith, getting there, but i need a more stable hv output and thinking of IGBTs
                                Hi man, have some new videos?

Comment

Working...
                                X