Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
    Here are my suggestions for off the shelf NSTs suitable for Tesla/Smith/Kapanadze/Zilano coils.

Both of these available from Tesla Coils, Plans, Parts, Kits Page 2 who sell them for there own Tesla coil kits.

Definately consider looking for the plans. The give you everything down to dimensions, materials, wiring and tuning infomation. All with clear illustrations and colour photos. There cheapest kit is $7 for the plans and it estimates $300 for the materials.
    Why not use 12v model? Also cheaper. Like this:
    Bertonee

This one is with S on end and is pulsating, maybe you need other model.
    Last edited by scratchrobot; 02-15-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• If the device will work just as good with cheaper HV source then brilliant.

It would be good for a sucessful replicator to try a few cheap options to see if they yield poorer results.

I'm sure a few of us won't mind donating.

The second NST is actually designed for a Tesla coil though. You won't find any other HV transformer on the market with that as a feature. I will be happily proven wrong.

You are looking at a brand new 15kV 60ma Neon Transformer with NO GFI circuit. These are perfect for Tesla Coil use. The production of these was commissioned especially for Tesla Coils and High Voltage experiments by my friend and author of the "Evil Genius", Bob Iannini . Currenty, manufactures must include a GFI circuit for neon sign use so these are not approved for that application.
      Last edited by soundiceuk; 02-15-2012, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Parts list

I found a mag wire dealer that carries tin copper just ordered awe12 tin copper wire from Local EIS inc 250ft role for about $100 can be found at (eis-inc.com)

Please ck out the the working device at destine2012's Channel - YouTube

the last 10 videos go through things he tried from don smith and didnt work, and then what he found worked. I don’t speak Russian but easy to understand what he’s doing.

Comment

• cold electricity circuit

You can use an avramenko to produce the HV. The battery can be replaced with a capacitor. Ensure the battery or capacitor is less than say 70 volts per neon. The neon acts to protect the thyristor but also as a kind of zener diode limiting the voltage to about 80 v per ne2. Two ne2s in series gives you 160 volts approx . The max this thyristor can handle is 800 volts, but my advice is don't push it. They are cheap, less than a couple of dollars/pounds/euros each.
          You can use a variable resistor in series with the input power to vary the pulse rate. Negative radiant energy is delivered, produces cold electricity, conditions all capacitors in that part of the circuit. You can use a high voltage capacitor on input say 400 volts (dc), couple of microfarads. Try placing a choke in series and you'll see what Bedini means about energy amplification. The neons will come alive. The neons should pulse or you've got a short. ie "neon on" is a bad sign. Bedini uses more colourful terminology.
          Anyway, you can use the circuit to get energy out of the build for other things. Like charging the input capacitor powering the nst instead of mains or battery. Be careful with this circuit it can kill you. Only for experienced experimentors. Capacitors will take about a day to go ou. The circuit also accepts one wire input into a bridge rectifier then into the input capacitor. If you get your wire lengths right it should accept radiant (no wire) charging, although I've not tried that Don Smith recommend yet. I'd like to see a scope shot if anyone builds it. It'll recharge most of your non-rechargeable batteries because it charges cold. Good for bringing dead car batteries back to life.Once conditioned on switch off it continues charging! So watch it. ENJOY.......
          Attached Files

Comment

• More Zigs More Zags

Hi all. Just a little update. I'm ditching my 60Hz NST / Terry Filter / Safety gap driver combination.

I was moving forward with this thinking that I could just clean up the signal in the L2 circuit. But the terry filter was gonna need to be tuned. And the safety gap was gonna need tuning. And the signal was gonna be super messy on the other side.

So I decided to go back to my little homemade Neon Power Supply with the flyback transformer. I played with my little 555 timer to 2n3055 driver circuit.

Once again, I took no lab notes. I was just trying to move quick.

I concluded that my single transistor wasn't able to drive enough juice at the resonant frequency of my caps / coil in parallel (34khz). And that is probably the only reason this circuit doesn't work. The caps are 333nf, so that's a lot of capacity to fill up at high voltage in a single cycle.

So I'm building a tunable ZVS (Zero Voltage Switching) driver for the flyback. It's tunable with fixed and trimmer caps.

Hopefully, this will push enough current to drive the gap, caps, and coil all in parallel.

The other thing I like about this is that the waveforms will be very clean resonant trumpet waves and the entire circuit will be resonant. With the ZVS driver, it should be very efficient too.

We'll see. Will let you all know how it goes.

Also, people talked about 30khz and 35khz for this circuit. I thought it was arbitrary. But I'm guessing that 35khz is the magic number if you want to drive a 50Hz output transformer and 30khz is the ticket if you want to drive a 60Hz output trafo.

I'm going to try to tune everything down to 30khz so that I can drive my 60Hz output circuit with resonance too.

People
            Last edited by jharmon; 02-16-2012, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by a.king21 View Post
              You can use an avramenko to produce the HV. The battery can be replaced with a capacitor. Ensure the battery or capacitor is less than say 70 volts per neon. The neon acts to protect the thyristor but also as a kind of zener diode limiting the voltage to about 80 v per ne2. Two ne2s in series gives you 160 volts approx . The max this thyristor can handle is 800 volts, but my advice is don't push it. They are cheap, less than a couple of dollars/pounds/euros each.
              You can use a variable resistor in series with the input power to vary the pulse rate. Negative radiant energy is delivered, produces cold electricity, conditions all capacitors in that part of the circuit. You can use a high voltage capacitor on input say 400 volts (dc), couple of microfarads. Try placing a choke in series and you'll see what Bedini means about energy amplification. The neons will come alive. The neons should pulse or you've got a short. ie "neon on" is a bad sign. Bedini uses more colourful terminology.
              Anyway, you can use the circuit to get energy out of the build for other things. Like charging the input capacitor powering the nst instead of mains or battery. Be careful with this circuit it can kill you. Only for experienced experimentors. Capacitors will take about a day to go ou. The circuit also accepts one wire input into a bridge rectifier then into the input capacitor. If you get your wire lengths right it should accept radiant (no wire) charging, although I've not tried that Don Smith recommend yet. I'd like to see a scope shot if anyone builds it. It'll recharge most of your non-rechargeable batteries because it charges cold. Good for bringing dead car batteries back to life.Once conditioned on switch off it continues charging! So watch it. ENJOY.......
              WOW! Have you got some links for more details. Never seen this. It is completely off my notions. I want to learn more!
              Last edited by JohnStone; 02-16-2012, 08:03 AM.
              Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by a.king21 View Post
                Direct high voltage will blow your batteries, please make sure to step down voltage before battery is connected.

Comment

• Donzelina 2012

Here my Thoughts and ideas about :

50 60 Hz isloation Transformer at the end
                  Open Circuit - open Capacitor to ground
                  Hot Cold Hot
                  Center tap

donzelina-2012 zoom play drag and fullscreen en active links in this online Prezi cocument.

I am still thinking and changing things and thoughts .. so more and less in the future.

Inspired by all you Wonderfull people on the Forum

Thanks
                  Utopia Now

Comment

• I'm not sure of the mathematics of this but for my 10 cents .. NSTs come in all shapes and sizes a few years ago I was considering attempting a Smith device and was searching about on ebay for a NST. Thinking all NSTs are much of a muchness I bought this one very cheaply

Keeping in mind that as Mr clean says you are effectively using a Tesla coil in reverse a quick study of Coilers sites will indicate that a 50 or 60 Hz transformer is preferred or some times a flyback transformer which produces a clean saw tooth waveform, Mr Clean has used two ignition coils which also gives him a clean repetitive waveform. Here’s is a scope shot of the HT output from this particular NST at the scopes best possible resolution

as you see its a synthetic sine and only has a passing resemblance to a “Pure waveform” and that aside the frequency is only “nominal” in other words in practice its not stable, If you watch this clip that’s been posted a few times you'll notice that providing the wave form is “pure “ and stable it doesn’t really matter if its a sine wave or square wave or sawtooth a sine wave is the result.

Coil Resonance Tutorial 1 - YouTube

I don’t know if mathematically a complex synthetic waveform could possibly be brought into resonance (I doubt it) still I had bought the thing and felt obliged to at least try it, however I decided I was probably on a fools errand. I assume the NSTs recommended by Don and ZZZZ all produce a nice stable saw tooth. .. unless someone knows different.
                    As for this NST .. back on the Bay me thinks
                    Last edited by Duncan; 02-16-2012, 04:33 PM.
                    Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Nst

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                      If the device will work just as good with cheaper HV source then brilliant.

It would be good for a sucessful replicator to try a few cheap options to see if they yield poorer results.

I'm sure a few of us won't mind donating.

The second NST is actually designed for a Tesla coil though. You won't find any other HV transformer on the market with that as a feature. I will be happily proven wrong.

You are looking at a brand new 15kV 60ma Neon Transformer with NO GFI circuit. These are perfect for Tesla Coil use. The production of these was commissioned especially for Tesla Coils and High Voltage experiments by my friend and author of the "Evil Genius", Bob Iannini . Currenty, manufactures must include a GFI circuit for neon sign use so these are not approved for that application.
                      Hello to everybody from Latin America.

I believe 9kv and 15kv is too much voltage, considering that there should be another rise in voltage in L1-L2. The capacitors after L2 should be gigantic! Am I wrong?

Comment

• Absent friends

Anyone out there heard from Mr Clean ? We are all very well aware of what these horrible filthy bastards are capable of doing to folks who dare reveal to much! We are after all just a small on line community and I get a little worried when one of our number drops off for a couple of pages.
                        Not that I suppose there is much we could do anyway .. still lets hope he's fit and well and frantically experimenting .. he shared a huge amount of key information on this thread.,
                        It would be a shame if his posts information and indeed Mr Clean himself Just disappeared A'la ZZZZ
                        Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Don is passed ?

Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                          Hi Farmhand,

We could really use your help!! I know I could!!

You are asking questions of the wrong guys, us. Zilano is no longer here; Don is passed; and the ones who know the answers to your questions are either dead or not talking.
                          Best Regards,
                          David Fine

Don is gone from us ???? When?

While we are on that, is there a way to track down the people who attended the his conferences, the original videographers editors? Patrick, do you know any?

Still wondering what Don Solid state third generation devices would be?

Are modified Don devices in stuff around us today? Still using 12 volts from the mains but operating very efficiently? Is the CCFL Inverter a possible Don influenced device.

Are we concluding that the Sparkgap is not necessary for Overunity devices?

Anybody ELSE with a 100 w to 10kW device yet?

Thanks for the info from everyone.I am still learning.

Thanks Zilano,you might be still looking on to see if we have succeeded...

Ged

Comment

• Hi Slovenia, I missed the post partially quoted in the previous post, so I went
                            back and found it. I understand your comments. But I can assure you I am no
                            expert. I'm just learning, I think I'm a fast learner because I have a lot of spare
                            time. I can assure you I'm not on any other side ( who said there is only two
                            side's anyway. ) I'm on the same side as everyone else here. I'm getting some stuff
                            together now to have a good go at this device with the things I've learned
                            recently in mind.

Here's where I see the difficulty is.

I don't think I see most things the same way as Zilano or Mr Utkin. It's hard
                            for me to even explain myself without having to disagree with them. But like I
                            said I'm not an expert. I can see that using resonance can be a very
                            frustrating thing to try to do. I can force myself to try to think in technical
                            terms but I rather think in pictures or "motion pictures". I draw a lot of
                            pictures to help myself see stuff too.

When you take away all the numbers and just imagine you can see the
                            currents, potentials vibrations and stuff working it's easier to see what needs
                            to happen. But the visualization can only be based on observation or the clear
                            understanding of other peoples observations. It's difficult to explain.
                            For example, my understanding of Counter emf seems to be incompatible with
                            a major proportion of other posters.

Another thing is, would it really make any difference if someone was to build
                            the device perfectly and end up never showing over unity. You see the thing
                            is Zilano doesn't need to even show a device. Zilano just made the claim.

To be honest. If I don't see it it doesn't exist, and if I see it but I don't see it
                            in action then it doesn't work.

It also seems the more I understand things in a way that works for me the
                            more I am at odds with others.

All I can say is. I will do what I can to help without disagreeing from now on.
                            And I'm starting to build a setup, and I'll share whatever I think is helpful.

Here's some pretty lights.
                            Effects with AC primary circuit..wmv - YouTube

Cheers

Comment

• cold electricity circuit

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                              Direct high voltage will blow your batteries, please make sure to step down voltage before battery is connected.
                              Yes I forgot to add I use a very low powered high voltage source 1.2 watts only. I play safe. Some of the power ratings on this forum freak me out. With a low power source I have charged batts using up to 800v with no ill effects. Also using one wire electricity is safer as mostly voltage and minimum amps gets through.

Comment

• Don Passed

Hi Gedfire,

Don passed a few years ago. He left us some good details but he wasn't trying to had us his device on a silver platter. He was a very smart guy who was just trying to show us it was possible. He worked for folks that didn't want us to have the Tesla tech.

According to Zilano you need spark gap and resonance to achieve OU. I've been studying her posts very hard and she gave us a lot of food for thought. She didn't want to give the secrets away on a silver platter either. I'm convinced that she had working devices. She/He was a very sharp individual indeed. Zilano did say that Don left a very big secret in plain view without bringing it to our attention. She said he said he had shared all we need right before our eyes but he didn't elaborate what he was referring to and/or where specifically he left the secret. I've been through all his stuff and it hasn't bit me yet but I am confident that it exists.

Best Regards,
                                David Fine

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                                Don is gone from us ???? When?

Are we concluding that the Sparkgap is not necessary for Overunity devices?

Ged

Comment

Working...
                                X