No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a pdf download for those interested in the brovin/kacher technology - sorry it's not in english but the schematics speak for themselves...

http://mazeto.net/index.php?PHPSESSI....0;attach=7744

Also the patent http://mazeto.net/index.php?PHPSESSI....0;attach=7742

Comment

• Romero's circuit

I have been Pm'd 3x regarding this incarnation of Romero's … Romero was a very active contributor on this forum and I miss his input, Still for whatever reason he has started up his own forum (which is where I poached this information) I'm sure he wont mind to much, however if you want more information I suggest you surf over and read the actual builds and trials and tribulations
      This particular circuit and build starts about here Tesla- Kapanadze generator
      Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
        Here is a pdf download for those interested in the brovin/kacher technology - sorry it's not in english but the schematics speak for themselves...

http://mazeto.net/index.php?PHPSESSI....0;attach=7744

Also the patent http://mazeto.net/index.php?PHPSESSI....0;attach=7742
        Hi Dragon, thanks for these.

Am I right in thinking the coils go into resonance using the circuits natural resonance?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by jharmon View Post
          Hi everyone. Thanks for all the tips on my previous post. I have a new challenge. I just got my 3kVA iron core and I'm trying to take an inductance reading.

My little LCR meter takes readings at 100Hz 120Hz, 1kHz, and 10kHz.

So I took my first reading of the L1 on the trafo at 120Hz thinking that was "brilliant" cause that was exactly what I wanted! I took the value of L and computed the value of C @ 120Hz by setting the XL and XC equations to each other like I did when calculating the tuning caps for my primary and secondary coils.

I got suspicious when I saw that the computed value of C was pretty close to the measured value of C.

Then I realized I really needed to take the L and C measurements at the frequency that it will *see* coming from the upstream circuit. For my setup, that's 35kHz. It took me a while to grok that. But I get it now.

I saw a post about how to measure the inductance of a coil using a signal generator, but I'm seeing that to get it really precise, I need to hook it up to my L2 and I need my L2 to generate a really smooth signal at an even voltage.

So I'm back to tuning the L1 and L2, which I still haven't done effectively yet.

And I'll need to put some form of voltage control on what's coming off of the L2. Or I'll have to find a way to drive the L1 with a very smooth signal, but I'm kind of leaning toward the former approach (controlling voltage off the L2) because I think the disruptive discharge is important.

And really, before I do any of this, I need to a HF filter line filter between my NST and the wall and I need a HFHV filter between my NST and the spark-gap / tank circuit protect the secondary of the NST from high-frequency kickback. So I ordered a line filter and parts for a Terry Filter from eBay, which a lot of tesla coilers seem to like.

And I also need a way to make my spark gap quieter because it's *too damn loud*, so I guess I'm gonna build a series spark gap.

Free energy sure ain't free. :-)

Can anyone suggest some shortcuts? Am I thinking about this correctly?

Thanks!
          Just found the HVP16 diodes I want £4 each, free shipping.

Next on the shopping list is an LCR meter.

I've never used one before. They do vary substantially in price. Only just realised the reason for this is because of the frequencies they handle.

Can any experienced electronics guys shed any light on this subject please.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
            Also not to be forgotten in the conversion and adaptation is the Kacher / Brovin circuit and its variations here is a brief explanation of its operation

Brovin / Kacher Generator (Invention and Operating Principle) - YouTube
            You will see an immediately similarity to the basic circuit that Mr clean sketched out for us This is Romero's take on the Kacher circuit also using an AV plug which may bring one of ZZZZs circuits to mind .. however this ones well tried and tested!

which is using either a flyback coil or in a later version a Tesla coil kacher driver per Romero circuit.MPG - YouTube As you can read from comments on this forum the Batteries are charged extremely quickly and there is obviously an explosion possibility, ,, Notice the OU claim is made very clearly here but not by me! Any mention of OU seems to attract the attention of undesirables and endless pages of “measuring techniques” and such like waffle still if you have a TC about and want to try a slight variation

Hi Romero

I am currently testing kacher circuit in Tesla coil style.

Would this circuit you posted work in Tesla coil style* or it has to be a fly back transformer?

Could you post approximate values of C1 and C2 cap you used?

Best Regards

JoeFR
            Hi,

this would work fine in a Tesla coil style, that is actually the next step after the one with fly back.
            I can tell you what I used for C1=3000pf/30000volts ; C2=150pf/3000volts and a variable capacitor in parallel with C2.
            L3 should be from a thicker wire, in your case even one turn should be enough, wound on top of your primary with some distance from the primary windings. One turn only has many advantages that Tesla found and used in his coils.
            Please try and don't tell me is not working as I have few friends who replicated it with no problems and minimum tuning.

hi all

Romero, I* tested your schematic and it works, charged battery from 10.3 to 12.6 in 15 minutes.
            I am very happy, this is my first working ou, I need to go now but I will test more later.

Thank you,
            David
            In the circuit diagram Romero states the shorted coil is where the magic takes place.

The shorted coil produces a standing electric field that can be drained from,
            it pulls in the aether all the time not just in pulses.
            Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
              Hi Dragon, thanks for these.

Am I right in thinking the coils go into resonance using the circuits natural resonance?

Cheers
              Correct, they trigger the transistor base at L2's natural resonance.

Comment

• If this is the case, what sort of frequency range would it fall under, or is the frequency dependent on the length of L2?

Would it be greater than 20khz?

Comment

• It would be dependent on a number of variables, all of which will effect the frequency. Such as the core ( air, iron, ferrite), the diameter of the coil, number of turns, etc. You can reduce the frequency using a cap across L2, the load will also decrease the frequency.

It's nice in a sense that it is "self tuning", but if your looking for a certain frequency it's not as easy as some others.

Comment

• Originally posted by jharmon View Post
                    I have been thinking this, but just saw it on the richieburnett site, so i'm even more worried now...

Static spark gap analysis

--quote--
                    In a TC supplied by AC the static gap firings tend to collect in clusters around the peaks of the supply current. This is because the tank capacitor recharges fastest when the supply current is near the peak of a cycle, and the breakdown voltage is reached in less time. In practice the firing of an AC supplied static gap system is almost always irregular, and it is quite difficult to set up the system to fire regularly over several cycles but it can be done. In terms of performance this irregular firing does not appear to hinder spark growth although it does give rise to poor power factor of the system as a whole.
                    --quote--

Will this totally f my secondary resonance? One argument is... yes. The other is no... the gap won't fire again until the primary and secondary ring out, so it doesn't matter when the next pulse comes. And 35khz is way higher frequency than 120Hz so my downstream trafo won't even notice either.

Thoughts?
                    Good point to consider, this is my thoughts on it and from my experiments, I'm
                    thinking it happens like in my drawing below to a degree, it depends.

If the supply was rectified to DC and not smoothed it would produce the same
                    break rate as AC, Half wave rectified should produce half of the break rate of
                    AC or rectified DC, and DC if it could be kept at a constant voltage should
                    produce a constant break rate, but in reality most of our supplies would dip
                    the DC voltage, Don's original setup shows two half wave rectified outputs
                    "out of Phase I think" Which charge the caps. He uses no smoothing caps.

Rough drawing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If the setup is tuned it shouldn't matter too much as long as the input
                    frequency is not too low, which is why i think the NST works well, they are
                    usually about 20 to 40 Khz. More rapid break rate will give a better result for
                    sure, to slow a break rate could cause arcing. Sparking Tesla coils I think use
                    fairly low break rates and big primary caps so the input is sudden and massive
                    which causes better sparks I think.

Cheers

P.S. A magnetically quenched spark gap increases the voltage required for the
                    gap width and shortens the arc "on" time, this means the gap can be narrower
                    and the break rate possibly faster, the smoothed DC supply would work best
                    with resonant charging as far as I can tell and definitely in my opinion requires
                    some kind of quenching or non static gap or interrupter of some kind.

Last edited by Farmhand; 02-09-2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• What break rate are you talking about for the spark gap?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker2011 View Post
                        What break rate are you talking about for the spark gap?
                        Hi Seeker, Yeah the spark gap.

I'm also thinking this is how the so called trumpet waveform might be caused
                        some thing to do with groups of firings or patterns of charging frequency to
                        spark gap frequency.

Cheers

Comment

• Sorry, that's what I meant. What frequency for the spark gap. I saw 200Hz somewhere. How fast can you make/break it?

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                            Next on the shopping list is an LCR meter.
                            I've never used one before. They do vary substantially in price. Only just realised the reason for this is because of the frequencies they handle.
                            Can any experienced electronics guys shed any light on this subject please.
                            Thank you
                            Hi,
                            most affordable LC meters make use of 2 stimulation frequencies (ca. 40 KHz) (you got it ) only at maximum and they are too low for our application. So they are limited. And some of their range being unreliable. The main problem is measuriung capacitance at coils.
                            There are new designs along with sophisticated dds frequency generators. being affordable. They measure at 15kHz - 750kHz!!!! sine shape. Thus thy can measure the capacitance of short coils as well.
                            I do not own this type and have no experience but from a technical point of view this seems very sweet. I would give this technology a try if I require a new LC meter.

BTW:
                            - These are Kits (smd components avoided or already solderd). Housing, PSU, USB adding cost.
                            - See the frequency generators of same manufacturer (up to 10 MHz) based on dds as well.
                            - Sorry for German eBay text. I am ready to translate if required.
                            Last edited by JohnStone; 02-09-2012, 09:08 AM.
                            Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Utkin update

This diagram, under the title "The Simplest Version where the output has zero influence on the input" is the only update to Vladimir's document.

The updated document is at http://www.free-energy-info.com/VladimirUtkin.pdf

I encouraged him to join this forum but he does not like forums, I gather, due to previous antagonistic experiences.

Patrick

Comment

• Hi Patrick,
                                Multiple thanks!!!!
                                Such knowledge is vital for understanding and targeted experiment.

Just for clarification:
                                I assume that the part "exitation spark" is meant as exitation spark with few primary windings and not being related to wave length.

In left schematic: the capacitor marked with "resonance" could work as shunt as well? I measured at a coil being shunted or not shunted the same (unexpected for me) natural resonant frequency. In case the capcitor is too small in value for performing as shunt, it will very probably deviate the coil from it's natural frequency to a lower one performing as resonant LC circuit conforming textbooks.

I feel with Utkin with his aversion against forums. He seems to be an individual with vast knowlege outside textbooks. But how to express? All our electrical terms are occupied with imaginations out of standard textbooks. As Tesla experienced - there are no terms in order to precisely transport own imaginations without being distorted. Nevertheless I appreciate Utkin's notions and give him warm thanks for his effort.

rgds John
                                Last edited by JohnStone; 02-09-2012, 12:08 PM.
                                Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X