• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a look at this if you fancy?

TransWorld Energy

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
      Doesn't Don say that he has a patent for a device and it does 100Kw?

The one that looks like an NST, a polycarbonate cylinder with a layered board with a hole in around it mid height.

Also has anyone read this before?

"It is well known that every electric circuit, provided its ohmic resistance does not exceed certain definite limits, has a period of vibration of its own analogous to the period of vibration of a weighted spring. In order to alternately charge a given circuit of this character by periodic impulses impressed upon it and to discharge it most effectively, the frequency of the impressed impulses should bear a definite relation to the frequency of vibration possessed by the circuit itself. Moreover, for like reasons the period or vibration of the discharge-circuit should bear a similar relation to the impressed impulses or the period of the charging-circuit. When the conditions are such that the general law of harmonic vibrations is followed, the circuits are said to be in resonance or in electromagnetic synchronism, and this condition I have found in my system to be highly advantageous. Hence in practice I adjust the electrical constants of the circuits so that in normal operation this condition of resonance is approximately attained. To accomplish this, the number of impulses of current directed into the charging-circuit per unit time is made equal to the period of the charging-circuit itself, or, generally, to a harmonic thereof, and the same relations are maintained between the charging and discharge circuit. Any departure from this condition will result in a decreased output, and this fact I take advantage of in regulating such output by varying the frequencies of the impulses or vibrations in the several circuits."

Tesla's patent 568,178 - Method of Regulating Apparatus for Producing Electric Currents of High Frequency

Tesla Patent 568,178 - Method of Regulating Apparatus for Producing Electric Currents of High Frequency

Yeah I've seen those, the Don Smith setup is a Dipole generator.

The Tesla circuit controller is mercury interrupter, I don't think any of us
      should be contemplating trying to build one of those, mercury is very toxic,
      extremely so. That's why they put it into teeth fillings and vaccinations, by
      doing that they ensure dumbing down of people and increased health care
      needs of people and therefore increased profits for big Pharma. Same with
      fluoridation of drinking water, Where there is no fluoridation there are usually
      lots of fillings, it works out well for them since most processed food and
      sugary drinks these days rot the teeth. Tesla had the equipment and was
      qualified to deal with mercury and no doubt was aware of the hazard.

Contrary to what Zilano says, the spark gap is not necessary, any switch that
      works like one will do the job, be it mechanical, fluid or semiconductor, if it
      can make and break the circuit with a low resistance make and it is sudden
      and sharp it will work, and in fact if the make and break is not a spark gap the
      wave form can be much cleaner even a perfectly continuous waveform, a sine
      wave. Spark gap is just easy and rugged, it is not the best by a long way.

The Tesla's patent 568,178 - Method of Regulating Apparatus for Producing
      Electric Currents of High Frequency is saying that he uses the fact that
      de-tuning from resonance decreases the output as we all know. Don's method
      of tuning and de-tuning is the sliding primary. It can be done any way that
      works as Tesla states in the patent, kinda, that's what I get from it anyway.

The Tesla Patents are all layed out in chronological order in this Wiki. It's very
      helpful like that.

List of Nikola Tesla patents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Patent US568178 - METHOD OF REGULATING APPARATUS FOE PRODUCING CURRENTS - Google Patents

Cheers
      Last edited by Farmhand; 02-07-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Here is a list of most toxic substances

ATSDR – Priority List of Hazardous Substances

Mercury is number three below lead but mercury is more harmful to us because
        they put it in our teeth and it is a liquid metal in various devices and vapor in
        others. Read up on how to deal with broken fluorescent tubes and mercury
        thermometers.

Fluoride is down the list at 260 but it is above Thallium and considering it is in
        our water and toothpaste it is also placed to best harm us.
        Make sure your children do not swallow the toothpaste.

To get perspective here is the warning on Thallium.

Toxicity

Main article: Thallium poisoning

Thallium and its compounds are extremely toxic, and should be handled with great care. There are numerous recorded cases of fatal thallium poisoning.[45] Contact with skin is dangerous, and adequate ventilation should be provided when melting this metal. Thallium(I) compounds have a high aqueous solubility and are readily absorbed through the skin. Exposure to them should not exceed 0.1 mg per m2 of skin in an 8-hour time-weighted average (40-hour work week). Thallium is a suspected human carcinogen.[46] For a long time thallium compounds were easily available as rat poison. This fact and that it is water soluble and nearly tasteless led to frequent intoxications caused by accident or criminal intent.[19]
        Thallium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a nice day.
        Last edited by Farmhand; 02-07-2012, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Hi. Progress.

Hi everyone. I really haven't been reading the list. So this might seem a bit like a non-sequiter. But I have been talking with H20Commuter and he has encouraged me to keep in contact with everyone to tell you all what I've been up to.

Last I posted, I think I said I had tried a bunch of coil / cap / diode configurations with my little flyback transformer and managed to get a bunch of results that I had some explanations for and some that I did not. I had also managed to get the neon lights in my basement workshop to flicker, my first real mad scientist achievement in the real world. :-)

Perhaps the most confusing circuits that *didn't* work for me were the basic Tesla coil circuits shown on the Wikipedia page for "tesla coil".

So recently, I decided to try them again. As I recall, I couldn't get either one to work with my flyback or my NST with noGFCI.

Flyback: I thought the downstream circuit was interfering with my resonant driver circuit. Turns out that's probably not the case. The caps in my coil configuration are big (333nF), so the 2n3055 transistor on the flyback was overheating while filling them up. Once it overheats, no more juice. So I could get at most one spark out of it.

NST: I could have tried some dry ice to cool it down, but instead I swapped over to my 4kV NST, wired it up to the wall and... voila. When the gap is wide, it takes a long time for the caps to fill, so I get low-frequency sparking. But when the gap is narrow, it fires rather frequently. Not 60Hz, but more frequently.

I hooked up my 5+5 bifilar to the 80turn primary and put a neon across the end taps and the center taps. It lights brightly at the moment of spark, but not otherwise.

I was encouraged enough that I threw down another $200 or so for a 3kVA transformer on eBay. This should drive 25Amps if I can fill it up. My AWG4 secondary should have no problems with that.

I'm going to build the all-AC downstream circuit. i.e. Measure the L of the transformer. Add caps to tune for 120Hz and then put a resistor across it to correct the phase. However, I have a question about the nomograph on page 23 of the Handbook of Electronics Tables and Formulas. It seems that this is going to give me the reactance of my LC combo @ 120Hz.

My parallel resistor should have ohms equal to this reactance?

What equations do I equate to solve for R? Personally, I dig equations cause the nomographs seem sloppy. Good for double-checking, though.

Power Factor Correction... I know I also need power factor correction. How do I calculate my power factor correction needs for this? And frankly, I've read the stuff about PFC for 120Hz systems and I get it. But I just don't even understand how this works for HF.

Voltage control. It seems to me that my Tesla circuits are bad for voltage control. I mean I could get everything hooked up and then keep spreading the gap until I get 480V on the output coil. The varistors will take care of spikes during sparking.

Tuning. As I understand, the tesla coils tune by watching the size of their streamers. Since I won't get any streamers, what the best way to tune?

Thanks for your thoughts. :-)

Tortoise wins the race, right?

Comment

• Don Smith capacitor

Originally posted by Jokyb
            Don has been saying that the devices that he showed at the conferences in the 1990s are obsolete compared to the latest technology he developed. He said his latest devices don’t use coils. Is he referring to the application of marx or cw voltage multipliers as prime components to provide HV instead of coils? Why are we pursuing a device that has become obsolete more than a decade ago?
            Ok. It has been said before, that coil is pump and capacitor is collecting device. Abrupt discharge of HV via short primary is needed to stimulate aether flow (radiant energy) as per Tesla. This energy is then collected and used in load or magnified via secondary coil. It seems that abrupt DC discharge directly to capacitor can do same thing as coil....

In att. you have some Don's notes regarding capacitor and his circuit connection. There is also piece of email correspondence between Don and Bruce De Palma ?

That's why he probably said : "coil system is obsolete" ...

There is also simple schematics for Solid state Tesla coil driver. Can be used for Don primary as well. This setup is working in phase. If you want interlaced pulses, you need to invert driving of one IRF via for example MCP14E8.

Cheers,

Cinan
            Attached Files

Comment

• Varisors

Oh. And if I want a varistor that maintains my circuit at 480V, do I get a varistor with a clamping voltage of 480V or a maximum voltage of 480V?

Thanks!

Comment

• don docs

Originally posted by cinan View Post

In att. you have some Don's notes regarding capacitor and his circuit connection. There is also piece of email correspondence between Don and Bruce De Palma ?

That's why he probably said : "coil system is obsolete" ...

Cheers,

Cinan
                Hi cinan,

These docs; I not seen anywhere. if you have more of these docs could you put them on scribd.com for everyone. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by abdlquadri View Post
                  Hi cinan,

These docs; I not seen anywhere. if you have more of these docs could you put them on scribd.com for everyone. Thanks
                  I found these last week quite accidentally in dark corners of the internet
                  I think they are worth to explore and whole capacitor idea actually give sense....

Documents are posted here. I hope somebody else will distribute them if necessary...

Cinan

Comment

• [QUOTE=cinan;178970]
                    There is also simple schematics for Solid state Tesla coil driver. Can be used for Don primary as well. This setup is working in phase. If you want interlaced pulses, you need to invert driving of one IRF via for example MCP14E8.

Thanks Cinan. The docs were very informative.
                    Rgrds,
                    Jokyb

Comment

• We are not alone .. This technology is being tested and pushed on different sites by equally enthusiastic groups of people who also want to let the “cat out of the bag” don’t forget to check their progress now and again because we are all on the same trail and can inspire and of course be inspired Tesla- Kapanadze generator
                      Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jharmon View Post
                        Oh. And if I want a varistor that maintains my circuit at 480V, do I get a varistor with a clamping voltage of 480V or a maximum voltage of 480V?

Thanks!
                        1. A varistor can be used in a restricted frequency range (up to 30 kHz) because of it's internal capcity. At high frequencies it will add an AC current as short circuit.

2. A varistor performs not in a digital mannor (on / off) so you need to take your application in account.
                        Example:

Varistor V130LA1P
                        Continous AC: -----------> 130V (max. recommended)
                        Continous DC -----------> 175V (max. recommended)
                        Voltage at 1 mA ---------> 184 - 225V (not for continous condition)
                        Clamping Voltage at 10A -------> 390V max. (can be up to 20% lower)
                        Capacitance -> 180pF
                        But in any case consult data sheet. Not all manufacturers use to proceed in same manor.

So the answer to your question is: the type of Varistor gives you the nominal operation voltage. But take in account that the very important part is the behavior when protecting. Can your circuit stand i.e. overvoltage up to 390V at 10 A? What is the power of your overvoltage power source?
                        Last edited by JohnStone; 02-07-2012, 01:43 PM.
                        Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Mopozco

Another Don Smith video from MoPoZco deploying Spark and TROS respectively:
                          Mopozco's Channel - YouTube

What a great experimenter!

Comment

• Vladimir Utkin Recommendations

Well, I contacted Vladimir Utkin about our Zilano Don Smith project to see if I could get some input from him. He responded with the following statement:

I looked at schematics you sent.
                            I have to say
                            I do not understand the principle she used.
                            This is not Smith's device.

I attached my updated document (if you don't have it).
                            Pay attention to pp. 60-62, and understand voltage
                            distribution on the short circuited coil.

Make this coil by yourself (of any size), and play with it.

Input coil must be movable, wideness of it is no more L/4
                            of the total coil (more narrow is possible).
                            Output coil wideness is also L/4, and this coil is places at the
                            edge of the shunted coil.

Use wires instead of shunting capacitors.

Find position with no influence output on input.

After that, make version 2 of the short circuited coil (Smith presented it on his board). A half of the coil is shunted in this case.
                            Play with it.
                            You'll get the same result.

p.s. The length of the wire, total length of the coil, and diameter of the coil are not important.
                            Number of turns in input and output coils play the same* role as in ordinary transformer.

Comment

• Latest Vladimir Utkin PDF File Info

The latest Vladimir Utkin pdf file is the 75 page file provided by Patrick Kelly at his free energy website.

Comment

• David, I have the 71 page download, is there another that is newer? I didn't see it listed on Patrick's site

Comment

Working...
                                X