Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
    This is where Tesla coil (the correct one, not the one used for lightning show) goes.

N. Tesla always utilized capacitor discharge for lots of power.
    Charge it up very frequently with high voltage and you get lots of amps almost constantly in discharge! This is where capacitor secret is..
    Lovin it
    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
    In the expert's mind there are few.
    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Mr.clean , what kind of curent you are using in your coil ? AC ? By reading now more about Tesla transformer I come across the fact that he was using DC curent in order to obtain unidirectional pulses to generate "cold electricity" ...another condition is that he put the spark gap in a magnetic field wich " distorted the electrons and separate it from the electric component " . Very interesting the book of Gerry Vassilatos - "Secret Cold War Technologies Haarp Project and beyound " - it have a capitol in wich author put together all he have gather from materials about Tesla researches .

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
        FYI:
        Today I manufactored and measured some air cored coils one being CW and the other CW/CCW. Apart form the split winding type they are identical.
        [ATTACH]9985[/ATTACH]
        core diameter:...76mm
        core material:....cardboard
        turns:...............74
        wire length:.......18m
        wire diameter:....1.2mm
        wire spacing:.....1.2mm
        resonant frequency 2.2 MHz
        copper mass: 220g
        Further measurements:
        1. I manufactured a primary (L1) coil
        core diameter:....95mm
        turns: ..............16 turns
        wire diameter:....2.5mm
        length: ............1/4 of 18m (see above) = 4.5m
        Resonant frequency 3.1 MHz
        copper mass:.....260g

2. Both coils put together:
        Resonant frequency L2 (see quote above) dropped to 1.9 MHz
        An added 400pf capacitor adjusted the frequency of L1 to 1.9 Mhz (same like L2). Considerable increase of resonant voltage at both coils.

Notions:
        - This shows that pure calculation is not exact because the coils interfere when put together. This interference depends on positioning of coils regarding each other as well.
        - It is possible to get both coils to same resonant point.
        - The resonant point is definitely far from the 44 KHz of input HV frequency.
        - Fast diodes is a must at secondary L2 in order to harvest energy. (2 MHz corresponds to 250ns half cycle) Slow diodes operate at these frequencies like a diode with a poor capacitor in parallel and may diminish harvesting.
        Values of some diodes:
        BY500:............200ns
        HFA25PB50:.......25ns
        1N4007:.........2000ns!!!!! not time for diode to perform
        1N4148:..............4ns
        Last edited by JohnStone; 01-11-2012, 10:08 PM.
        Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Mr. Clean,

I have a few more questions for you.

1. Being that all ignition coils are not created equal, could you tell us what make/model coils are you using?

2. At what frequency are you pulsing and approximate what duty cycle?

3. Are you seeing better performance with the B&W coils than with the copper tubing of the same inductance?

Thanks
          -Duff
          Last edited by duff; 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• FACTSHEET (Amend as you wish)

Coils:

1. L1 conductor must weight twice as much as L2 conductor. Therefore L1 conductor is the same weight as one half of the L2 conductor. (DOES THIS INCLUDE CENTRE TAP?)

2. L2 consists of two secondary’s and a center tap.

3. L1 only needs to tune with one of these secondary’s.

4. L1 and L2 conductors must have a length ratio 1:4, which includes the connections. (DOES THIS INCLUDE BOTH HALVES OF L2, ONE HALF AND OR THE CENTER TAP?)

5. Any wire conductor works. Apparently tinned copper wire has three times more inductance.

Connections:

1. Optimal connection lengths have not been determined yet.
            2. Terminal blocks are available from Home Depot and also:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogUSD/644/1671.pdf
            Cinch Distributor

Capacitors:

1. HV variable capacitors can be used to tune the coil if lengths and/or weights are different. (MORE INFO IS NEEDED ON CAPACITORS THAT CAN BE USED, BUYING LOCATIONS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP TOO )

2. Capacitors have a good selection of HV capacitors.

Spark Gap:

1. A magnetic spark gap has been suggested because it apparently removes the electrical element. (HAVE WE GOT ANY OFF THE SHELF SPARK GAPS OR MORE INFO PLEASE)

2. High Voltage - RMCybernetics Shop have an off the shelf spark gap.

HV Driver:

1. The HV driver off the shelf would be an NST as they provide a stable HV source. (CAN AN IGNITION COIL OR MOT WORK OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE AN NST? IF SO WHY AND WHAT ARE THE ROUGH SPECS OF WHAT IS NEEDED?)

2. High Voltage, High Frequency Power Supplies are a supplier.

Diodes:

1. A number of HV diodes are needed.

(PLEASE COULD SOMEONE SHARE SOME INFORMATION THEY KNOW ABOUT HIGH VOLTAGE DIODES AND WHAT THEY THINK WILL WORK BEST AND HOW MANY ARE NEEDED?)

Source Battery:

1. Any 12v lead acid battery is an ideal starting source.

Voltage / Current Regulator:

1. The amount of amperage or voltage is determined by the number of CW and CCW turns.

Comment

• Nice analytics

I can really appreciate your detailed perspective. Iwant to cite a couple of points illuminated by Tesla, ZZZZ,and Dr Stiffler. The Placement of the coils in spacial positing to each other is of great importance. Tesla, The placement of the coil that is to feed the tabletop device is "between the two" coils the feed the 8kv caps. ZZZZ last Dr Stiffler clearly shows that physical placement is of absolute coincidence when finding perfect resonance.

Thanks JohnStone
              Zane

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
              Further measurements:

An added 400pf capacitor adjusted the frequency of L1 to 1.9 Mhz (same like L2). Considerable increase of resonant voltage at both coils.

Notions:
              - This shows that pure calculation is not exact because the coils interfere when put together. This interference depends on positioning of coils regarding each other as well.
              - Fast diodes is a must at secondary L2 in order to harvest energy. (2 MHz corresponds to 250ns half cycle) Slow diodes operate at these frequencies like a diode with a poor capacitor in parallel and may diminish harvesting.
              Values of some diodes:

Comment

• Originally posted by Cata_2012 View Post
                Mr.clean , what kind of curent you are using in your coil ? AC ? By reading now more about Tesla transformer I come across the fact that he was using DC curent in order to obtain unidirectional pulses to generate "cold electricity" ...another condition is that he put the spark gap in a magnetic field wich " distorted the electrons and separate it from the electric component " . Very interesting the book of Gerry Vassilatos - "Secret Cold War Technologies Haarp Project and beyound " - it have a capitol in wich author put together all he have gather from materials about Tesla researches .
                holy crap that would be good!!

I am running on DC now as opposed to the earlier days, the ignition coils may have some AC, but they are half wave rectified thru MOT diodes, and ive read that if you are pulsing DC, then you are inducing DC to secondary, but the output is AGAIN half-wave rectified to be able to charge caps and prevent positive charge reversal
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by duff View Post
                  Mr. Clean,

I have a few more questions for you.

1. Being that all ignition coils are not created equal, could you tell us what make/model coils are you using?

2. At what frequency are you pulsing and approximate what duty cycle?

3. Are you seeing better performance with the B&W coils than with the copper tubing of the same inductance?

Thanks
                  -Duff
                  1. i never bothered to even remember the make/model, but i just picked up 2 of the cheapest oil-filled coils i could find with no internal resistor (so it will say on it "external resistor required" and good to go.
                  ***the question is though, can they handle the freq we are demanding??

The best would be a buildable e-core (or toroid, or straight) flyback transformer as i believe Zilano has illustrated. You can wind the primary to the requirements you need (input volts divided by the number of turns...

One thing is for sure, i DRAMATICALLY lose power if i use only one ignition coil, and when you attempt to drive it at the freq you want... you are putting the components to their limits, burning chips,

and the cores of a single coil just simply cannot do what 2 of them can together

I have had NO PROBLEM with the double ignition coils out of phase (just like any large NST is configured) and the beauty here is that it's (basically) just a two part DIY DC NST
                  -and as far as i know, (by the size of the unit) the store bought DC nst's are only using a single secondary,
                  Plus the circuit inside them has fixed duty cycle / freq, and is set to draw something absurd like 5 amps
                  Talk about a heat-death-wishing power-pig eh

2. All numbers are off presently now that i switched from the 2 turn primary, still experimenting, but the freq is 143khz where the lights were brightest @ 15% Duty Cycle

*** I can turn up the duty cycle at will, and as Tesla said in the patent
                  "

3. Hehe, you know it's close, the output is still strong with copper tubing, but theres a good reason why B&W uses what they do, so if you can afford it, Yes its worth it to have the best possible inductors.
                  And in the pdf, it does say that tinned copper has 3 times better inductance/magnetic field (something like that

You can very easily find Tinned Copper wire to wind your own though,
                  im thinking of doing that for the other half of this 14 gauge L2 i have.

So beautiful, the thing has got 100 turns on it, 10 turns per inch, and it can still provide the type of current you get out of your wall (14 gauge solid wire

Just tap it where you need on the fly (thats what she said) lol
                  -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                    Further measurements:

Notions:
                    Values of some diodes:
                    wow what good info buddy !!!
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                      1. i never bothered to even remember the make/model, but i just picked up 2 of the cheapest oil-filled coils i could find with no internal resistor (so it will say on it "external resistor required" and good to go.
                      ***the question is though, can they handle the freq we are demanding??

The best would be a buildable e-core (or toroid, or straight) flyback transformer as i believe Zilano has illustrated. You can wind the primary to the requirements you need (input volts divided by the number of turns...

One thing is for sure, i DRAMATICALLY lose power if i use only one ignition coil, and when you attempt to drive it at the freq you want... you are putting the components to their limits, burning chips,

and the cores of a single coil just simply cannot do what 2 of them can together

I have had NO PROBLEM with the double ignition coils out of phase (just like any large NST is configured) and the beauty here is that it's (basically) just a two part DIY DC NST
                      -and as far as i know, (by the size of the unit) the store bought DC nst's are only using a single secondary,
                      Plus the circuit inside them has fixed duty cycle / freq, and is set to draw something absurd like 5 amps
                      Talk about a heat-death-wishing power-pig eh

2. All numbers are off presently now that i switched from the 2 turn primary, still experimenting, but the freq is 143khz where the lights were brightest @ 15% Duty Cycle

*** I can turn up the duty cycle at will, and as Tesla said in the patent
                      "

3. Hehe, you know it's close, the output is still strong with copper tubing, but theres a good reason why B&W uses what they do, so if you can afford it, Yes its worth it to have the best possible inductors.
                      And in the pdf, it does say that tinned copper has 3 times better inductance/magnetic field (something like that

You can very easily find Tinned Copper wire to wind your own though,
                      im thinking of doing that for the other half of this 14 gauge L2 i have.

So beautiful, the thing has got 100 turns on it, 10 turns per inch, and it can still provide the type of current you get out of your wall (14 gauge solid wire

Just tap it where you need on the fly (thats what she said) lol
                      missing quote from Tesla i was trying to edit...

"the device is sensitive to the slightest changes" ... " any current developed can be regulated to the demands in the working circuit"
                      --Patent 336,961
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Micro wave oven diodes

I pointed out the importance of recovery time yesterday. Now I had a look to micro wave oven diodes.
                        Please note that micro wave ovens do not have any electronic part built in in order to produce microwaves. The transmitter is a dumb mechanical part (magnetron) only and the diodes are supposed to rectify HV mains frequency in order to supply it with HV DC. This notion does not mean that these diodes are slow and of no use. Some are indeed. If the data sheet does not give any recovery time then this diode will be for mains fraequency only (i.e. T3512H). Treat it like 1N4007:-(
                        On the other hand the well konwn diode HVR-1X is quite fast and suitable for our experiments (50ns).
                        So please consult data sheets in order to improve your succsess in experimenting. Any success will be set to the level of the weakest part in the chain.

Explanation of recovery time:
                        - Recovery time is a tradeoff of forward voltage. While shottky diodes do not suffer on recovery time a short recovery time comes along with increase of forward voltage.
                        - The recovery time is not fixed - it's influenced by forward current before and the available reverse current when blocking.
                        - So please take in account that while your setups might work fine at low currents they might fail at high currents because of this very effect.

Interesting to know: step recovery diode
                        pic
                        Last edited by JohnStone; 01-12-2012, 11:40 AM.
                        Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Newcomers

A warm welcome to all newcomers attending the forum. We appreciate you being here! All here are kind and will help and share. May I give you a hint in order to speed up your experiments.
                          Some of you seem not to know the very essential online book from Patrick J. Kelly. His contribution is breath taking - especially the additions in 2011.

- Please consult http://free-energy-info.co.uk/PJKbook.pdf
                          chapter 3 page 40 onward
                          - Don't omit Notions from Utkin: page 5-57 onward

Patrick is a gifted writer and will answer many questions in the right context. You will get an essential primer and will get questions answered - even questions you are not able to ask just now.
                          Items still missing in Patrick's book regarding Don Smith replication we discuss here in the form.
                          rgds John

Comment

• Back again

Hello all,

hectic end of old year and beginning of new one is history and I am finally back online again. I can see that forum is rolling and more people is getting involved to achieve 'goal'
                            Distributing of experiments is good idea and it will speed up whole process. I will take care of developing of proper driver circuit with full control over sine signal. with flexible firing angle and phase shift, etc.
                            Will post some info soon. I have feeling that this part of puzzle is quite critical and Mr. Clean will need it for proper tests

Comment

• Originally posted by cinan View Post
                              Hello all,

hectic end of old year and beginning of new one is history and I am finally back online again. I can see that forum is rolling and more people is getting involved to achieve 'goal'
                              Distributing of experiments is good idea and it will speed up whole process. I will take care of developing of proper driver circuit with full control over sine signal. with flexible firing angle and phase shift, etc.
                              Will post some info soon. I have feeling that this part of puzzle is quite critical and Mr. Clean will need it for proper tests
                              Hi Cinan,
                              welcome:-)
                              Thanks for your initiative.
                              Please explain what you imagine with firing angle. Do you mean the phase shift regarding the oscillating target coil setup? Would be great for investigation!
                              I feel Tesla doing this by "proper adjusting" the sprk gap as he mentions again and again.
                              rgds John

Comment

• Spark gap

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                                Values of some diodes:
                                Thanks for the info John. Regarding the 1n4148 if used one have to put more than a thousand of these in series cause these diodes are only 75v on datasheet .
                                About sparkgap before primary coil in series or in parallel should be put? even HV diodes some schematics without

Comment

Working...
                                X