Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a.king21
    This is the best Don Smith replication I've seen. Trouble is it's all in Russian. Could someone contact him and ask his advice?
    There's replication upon replication on this site.

Yes it makes me mad that I haven't replicated.

DYNATRON / FreeEnergyLT / FreeEnergyLT

On the other hand if he provides the breakthrough..
    LOL yeah there are more working replications in Europe for sure.
    Pisses me off too

Then again, over here in north america we get killed for working devices, THERE's incentive eh??

Its ok, just missing a couple things and we've got it...
    In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
    In the expert's mind there are few.
    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
      dons coils were cw.cw based on centre tapped trafo. yes polarity changes with the way we do a coil cw or ccw. an electromagnet is wound first layer cw from left to right when we reach the end the second layer is wound again on top of first layer cw right to left and many layers make it strong magnet but winding is in one direction either cw or ccw layering coil doesn't change direction of coil. if u started winding cw then all layers will be cw. or if u started winding ccw then all layers wound ccw. so poles remain same north as north and south as south. changing direction of coiling changes poles. suppose if u wound cw first layer and then ccw 2nd layer and same number of turns on both layers then first layer of poles neutralizes 2nd layer of poles. so no electromagnet.

important: the split lower end of cw cw centre tapped trafo(like don) produces amps and the upper half produces voltage. split coiling is done to separate volts and amps. and to have less or more volts one can tap lesser or more turns of upper half. for more or less amps one can tap more or less turns of lower half. in this way we can adjust our power requirement adjustable.

rgds

zzzz
      Thanks Zilano! Now I feel to have got these facts. Perhaps not completely - sorry for asking again - I did not get yet the real difference Kurt vs. Don. Your notions seem true for both setups.

Is it the cw/cw vs cw/ccw? Is it the earth connection(s) ? Is it the dispalcement out of the mechanical middle area? Please help an old brain crossing the road from education to reality?
      rgds John
      Last edited by JohnStone; 01-11-2013, 10:04 PM.
      Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
        Thanks Zilano! Now I feel to have got these facts. Perhaps not completely - sorry for asking again - I did not get yet the real difference Kurt vs. Don. Your notions seem true for both setups.
        [ATTACH]10014[/ATTACH]
        Is it the cw/cw vs cw/ccw? Is it the earth connection(s) ? Is it the dispalcement out of the mechanical middle area? Please help an old brain crossing the road from education to reality?
        rgds John
        It's kind of a brain teaser, Don had always said, and drew out, that you spin left and you get one, and right to get the other (volts / amps)...

But how do the coils know which way they are facing?? hehe
        THAT is what confuses me as well...

I am still in the process of discovery. but im finding out myself, it takes too long to wait for answers lol.
        But to me, the fact that they are driving a field in different directions, which APPEAR to cancel out if you arent driving it hard enough ive found.
        (may be wrong)

but it is the "pulling appart" that Don mentioned, then they re-unite to give you the watts,
        "and you do this as you go into the capacitor bank" -Don

So taking power off of the coils without putting it into output caps is a mistake i believe.

I'll have a new vid soon
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
          [ATTACH]10014[/ATTACH]
          rgds John
          LOL omg,

***How about instead of Kurt, we call it "Fig.2 from patent 336,961" , and Don's is "Fig.1 from 336,961"

I am not worthy of being written next to Don
          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Mr Clean, thank you for the answers. A special thank you to Zilano and all other contributers.

I would like to establish a FACT sheet for this replication. Please copy, paste, rearrange or edit at will. Some of these are not 100% correct now, but I have done this to start a ball rolling.

1. Primary and secondary conductors must have the same weight.

2. Primary and secondary conductors must have a length ratio 1:4, which includes the connections.

3. All connections must be of equal length.

4. HV variable capacitors can be used to tune the coil of lengths and/or weights are different.

5. The HV driver should be a 12v NST.

6. A number of HV diodes are needed.

7. A 12v lead acid battery with of a minimium of 0.8 ah is needed as the starter.

8. The amount of amps or volts is determined by the number of CW and CCW turns.

9. Any wire conductor works.

Mr Clean, where did you buy the black block connectors (like Don's) in you videos? What amperage are they rated at?

Heres an interesting video one step further:

resonances of TROS oscillations - trifilar - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
              It's kind of a brain teaser, Don had always said, and drew out, that you spin left and you get one, and right to get the other (volts / amps)...

But how do the coils know which way they are facing?? hehe
              THAT is what confuses me as well...

I am still in the process of discovery. but im finding out myself, it takes too long to wait for answers lol.
              But to me, the fact that they are driving a field in different directions, which APPEAR to cancel out if you arent driving it hard enough ive found.
              (may be wrong)

but it is the "pulling appart" that Don mentioned, then they re-unite to give you the watts,
              "and you do this as you go into the capacitor bank" -Don

So taking power off of the coils without putting it into output caps is a mistake i believe.

I'll have a new vid soon
              Hi kurt, i think you are right about the caps, remember de video with don using a high pot and two plates, he said that the ambient does a mimic of the voltage you put on one side. and about spinning left or right, did he mean winding left or right with the coil in front of you ??

salut

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                Your driving coil is wrong

The primary needs to be wound like the secondary but powered in reverse
                if you want energy to exit the secondary at the outer ends
                you power the primary at the outer ends
                then the kick back will enter your secondary in the right direction

If one side is volts and the other is amps as Don states then they need to be out of phase, that means you need to power the primary cww and cw out of phase, if you dont power the primary out of phase then they clash and cancel no energy.
                Sorry?? im trying to understand this, i know that if you wind L1 reverse direction to L2 it changes polarity of L2, but what do you mean by power L1 in "reverse" ?

Just wind L1 ccw to L2's?

You know this from experience?
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by frankidel View Post
                  Hi kurt, i think you are right about the caps, remember de video with don using a high pot and two plates, he said that the ambient does a mimic of the voltage you put on one side. and about spinning left or right, did he mean winding left or right with the coil in front of you ??

salut
                  Hi buddy, im doing experiments as we speak to determine directions and windings, i'll have answers soon.

But it is most likely in reference to the primary winding.

And yes, total re-action from the environment to the disturbance.

And put it this way, how close do you need to hold 10,000 volts to get it to arc?? ... on my large AC NST, it will jump across at 1cm, then can stretch it out, but... thats plenty of volts for primary....

...and as we speak, WAY up in the sky... enough charge builds up to arc KILOMETERS... but nothing happens without the Earth ground ... RE-acting
                  holy crap eh, still gives me shivers lol
                  Last edited by mr.clean; 01-11-2012, 03:48 AM.
                  -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• That's A Cinch!

@soundiceuk

I believe that Don was using the 142 series Cinch barrier blocks. 30Amp.

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogUSD/644/1671.pdf
                    Dude, you're curving my space-time.

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                      Mr Clean, thank you for the answers. A special thank you to Zilano and all other contributers.

I would like to establish a FACT sheet for this replication. Please copy, paste, rearrange or edit at will. Some of these are not 100% correct now, but I have done this to start a ball rolling.

1. Primary and secondary conductors must have the same weight.

**Yes, and L1 same weight as 1 of the L2 halves, not both L2's, there is basically 2 secondaries, because of the center tap, but only needs to tune with the one, so dont include the total weight of both

2. Primary and secondary conductors must have a length ratio 1:4, which includes the connections.

3. All connections must be of equal length.

*yes, but...in fig 2 (cw/ccw), Tesla distinctly drew fewer windings on the bottom half
                      ...AND NOTHING HE DREW WAS ACCIDENT

4. HV variable capacitors can be used to tune the coil of lengths and/or weights are different.

5. The HV driver should be a 12v NST.

*yeah but whatever you've got will work, large clunky nst...to small DC setup works

6. A number of HV diodes are needed.

*im using MOT diodes

7. A 12v lead acid battery with of a minimium of 0.8 ah is needed as the starter.

*not a self-runner yet,,but soon. Perhaps a larger battery

8. The amount of amps or volts is determined by the number of CW and CCW turns.

9. Any wire conductor works.

*yes, but the pdf says tinned copper wire has 3 times more inductance (or something like that)

Mr Clean, where did you buy the black block connectors (like Don's) in you videos? What amperage are they rated at?

*Got the terminal blocks at Home depot lol

Heres an interesting video one step further:

resonances of TROS oscillations - trifilar - YouTube
                      ****BEST VID on the net!!

***This is Don Smith's "Resonant Magnetic System For Water Systems" in one of Don's Pdf's

Mopozco is so amazing for building it and the coils are brilliant!
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Mr Clean,

I would like to replicate your circuit.

Could you post a current schematic of your circuit as of part 20a?

Thanks,
                        -Duff

Comment

• Originally posted by duff View Post
                          Mr Clean,

Thanks,
                          -Duff
                          You betcha Duff, as soon as i get it drawn lol

Keep in mind im still working on some things,

but you should see the discharges now

Ok... gonna have a vid ready for the morning, gonna take some time, and prob wont cover everything, but im making the vid in about 15 min, then take however long to load up
                          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• New video and schematic

Originally posted by duff View Post
                            Mr Clean,

Thanks,
                            -Duff

Back again,

Made a new vid here, SORRY IN ADVANCE, the camera glasses were pointing a little off, but i can re-post the picture of the schematic
                            (just added to the description)

Don Smith Project Part 20 B: Revised Schematic and Increased Output - YouTube

not in resonance, all my numbers changed, so will get even better, but for demo here it is

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/imag03311.jpg/
                            [/url]

What do you think of the Cap discharges at the end?

** Anyone know from experience if under 12 watts could provide that level of continuous discharge??
                            Last edited by mr.clean; 01-12-2012, 04:18 AM.
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Thanks Kurt,

That works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                                Back again,
                                What do you think of the Cap discharges at the end?

** Anyone know from experience if under 12 watts could provide that level of continuous discharge??
                                This is where Tesla coil (the correct one, not the one used for lightning show) goes.

N. Tesla always utilized capacitor discharge for lots of power.
                                Charge it up very frequently with high voltage and you get lots of amps almost constantly in discharge! This is where capacitor secret is..

Comment

Working...
                                X