Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haan
    Hi John,

how did you obtain those frequency analysis results?.
    Hi,
    fortunately I have access to an older Wandel& Goltermann RF level metering and wobble equipment (15 years ago you got a house for that amount of money). Weight about 160 pounds.

generator:PS19 , level meter: SPM19, display unit SG4 .
    After hours of manual study I fortunately got now the very first success.
    With this equipment I can measure coil arrangements step by step in order to tune resonance in all elements. I am happy if I can forward some measurements of general use.
    Rgds John
    Last edited by JohnStone; 01-11-2013, 10:04 PM.
    Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• To Joefr

If you happen to have a short circuit in your secondary between windings you have a considerable increase in inductance of your setup. Your reduced secondary voltage is a hint for this fact.
      Examples:
      - In times of plain old telephone systems they coverd the windings of relays with a jacket of copper. Those relais did open very very delayed.
      - You can use a transformer as considerable choke if you short circuit the secondary winding.

If you try to exceed 20 KHz in your setups additional effects arise. So follow the hints of GSM as well.

rgds John
      Last edited by JohnStone; 01-08-2012, 12:30 AM.
      Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hi Again

Hi everyone,

I had to step back from the fire. Haven't been reading the thread for a while. Holidays and work had lots to do with it.

However, I did quite a lot of experimenting lately.

I have been playing with resonant flyback drivers, 555 timer flyback drivers, and 120Hz NSTransformer drivers. And I have played with all kinds of coil, gap, and capacitor configurations. I have excited the coil with one wire. I have run the exciter loop with various configurations of ground. I tuned my coils with an oscilloscope.

I see now that there are about a billion ways to excite and resonate a coil.

I had some circuit configuration that was causing the neon lights in my workshop to flicker.

I guess I don't have a question right now. I just wish I had taken better notes.

Comment

• Pretty Close

Originally posted by a.king21 View Post
          The free energy pdf features ZILANO'S SELF LOOPING CIRCUIT.
          May I suggest we replicate it together pooling our collective knowledge. Hopefully Zilano will contribute and guide us. The link is:-
          http://free-energy-info.co.uk/PJKbook.pdf
          It's chapter 3 page 40 onwards.
          It's output is several kilowatts and once the start up has been initiated, there is no input apart from energy from resonance which is generated within the circuit itself. Please can we have constructive discussions and successful replications. Happy New 2012. 2012 is here at last.
          This is what I have been working toward. I have the flyback driver and coils in place. I'm interesting in the C that you put across the power coil on the flyback. Is that intended to adjust the freq of the flyback? I have the hardest time getting the freq. of the flyback up to 35khz. But I don't think it matters given the circuit you show. I get lots of RF coming off the caps / coil combination in that arrangement.

I don't know what to look for in the secondary, though. I have an O-Scope across it and I see no voltage. Haven't tried to connect anything downstream from this yet.

Question... are two 120V varistors equivalent to one 240V varistors? I got a couple from RadioShack. I'm determined to do this with components from RadioShack. :-)

My coils resonate at 34khz +- 1khz. How close do you think these need to be. Tough to get really fine tuning.

Your downstream shows no diodes / rectification. You go straight to a 20:1 transformer to get DC. I know that 35khz looks a lot like DC, but really? No smoothing?

J

Comment

• 35khz hard.

Originally posted by joefr View Post
            Hi Zilano

Can you please help me with custom made high voltage NST which I made today per instructions in PJK book. I wound 4000 turns of 0.315mm diameter wire on 50mm diameter and 140mm length PVC tube. I then wound 8 turns primary with 1mm diameter stranded wire and 4 turns for feedback.

The problem is that I cant get higher frequency than 9.8Khz. If I put ferrite rods inside PVC tube the frequency drops to 3.5Khz. I have to use 27ohm resistor instead of 220 ohm resistor to get better output.
            I put different capacitors parallel to 8 turn primary but frequency does not change.

Do you have any suggestion what to do, to get 35Khz HV frequency ?

Here is the picture of my setup, scope shot and circuit used:

JoeFR

Hard to get resonant drivers to push a flyback at a freq beyond it's natural freq. I have been playing with this a lot lately. Also tried 555 pulsed driver. Works good right around the natural freq. of the flyback, but no other frees. :-(

Comment

• Love Nassim

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
              Interesting and excellent lectures in English from Nassim Haramein regarding current field theory, density of vacuum, vortices .... understandable for mere mortals. OU is genuine part in microscopic and macroscopic structures and no exotic idea.
              rgds John
              Love Nassim!

Comment

• Hi JohnStone, GSM, jharmon

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried all your suggestions, I checked connections and everything is connected per schematic. I removed insulation tape from secondary coil, I put diode across Base and Emiter of 2N3055 transistor.
                I tried different turns of primary and feedback coil.
                I also tried my mosfet kacher circuit but the frequency is the same 9.8Khz.

So it seems this is the natural frequency of the secondary coil and we need another design to make high voltage 35Khz power supply instead of the NST.

I want to make my own NST 35Khz power supply. I bought one on Ebay and it was working 5 seconds because the HV ferrite core transformer has arcing wire wich melted the insulation and killed the NST.

I am looking for your suggestions how to make custom and simple HV 35Khz power supply which we can use in Don Smith replication ?

Best Regards

JoeFR

Comment

• @Joefr
                  This driver circuit looks similar:
                  2n3055 flyback driver | Kaizer Power Electronics

"The frequency of operation in this circuit is determined by the capacitor across the transistors emitter and collector, experiment with the value of this capacitor to find the best performance, this capacitor have to be a good film or foil type (MKP/MKT)"

Comment

• Flyback Transformer

@Joefr
                    Have a look here
                    Flyback transformer - HvWiki
                    Take care of this difference in working frequencies >
                    Driven near 15 kHz (if television component)
                    Driven between 30-150 kHz (if monitor component)
                    <
                    in that site is a bit of good info.maybe is a reference point for your project.
                    If I am not wrong,the 2N3055 is not that good as an high frequency switch
                    but not sure if this is true.Other folks here maybe know something more
                    about it.
                    Regards.
                    << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• zilano

How can I produce NST with two positive outputs and negative at center ? is this possible without diodes ?
                      Last edited by boguslaw; 01-08-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Hi Zilano thanks for explanation

I am looking for a way to build high voltage 4000 - 6000 volts 30 - 40Khz power supply, driven from a 12V battery which is suitable and which I can use to replicate Don Smith - Zilano device.

I dont want to use flyback transformers or made NST.

I want to make my own HV source so that I am not dependent on purchased transformers.

I am looking for help how to calculate secondary coil, how many turns of wire, what size of the PVC tube on which is secondary HV coil wound. How to calculate HV secondary coil properties so it will oscillate between 30 - 40Khz.

Best Regards

JoeFR

Comment

• Hi Zilano thanks again

OK lets forget home build custom NST.

I have found one 12Volt powered model which can vary voltage and frequency:

Is this a good choice or do you have any better suggestion?

JoeFR
                          Attached Files

Comment

• FB measurement

Hi ALL
                            I did some measurement at my bare TV FB (home made oscillator control disconnected).
                            Primary: 10 turns of about 60cm total wire lenth.

Natural resonant frequency = 6.5 MHz

Secondary:

Natural resonant frequency 365 KHz.

Those resonant points are the only found between 1 Hz and 25 MHz.

Conclusion:
                            - Please take in account that the natural resonant frequency depends on wire length (Hint from Don Smith).
                            - Patrick drew a capacitor on primary side in order to align the primary resonant point to the secondary (with higher wire length).
                            - Zilano is right in that the primary control should kick the aligned coils in order to resonate where they feel comfortable.
                            - So either we have a fedback coil (see Patrick) for transisor control in order to operate at natural secondary frequency (like joefr having long primary wires) or we have a fixed kick control not depending on any feedback. I am not shure about the switching speed of HV diodes. This might be an issue.
                            - Another way could be to harvest the BackEMV at switch off only. With too slow HV diodes this might be the only slice to harvest as HV.

Please accept that I did not think these irtems to the end but I want to share asap.

BTW:
                            I will wind some additional coils Don like (see post yesterday) in order to measure and publish different combinations (cw/ccw, 2 coil, 3 coil, short circuited coils, earth connection ....)
                            rgds John
                            Last edited by JohnStone; 01-11-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Hi folks, my input this evening is that a very simple way of ensuring easy selection of weights and lengths is to use car audio cable.

You are pretty much guaranteed to get a near perfect 1st time round match if you use say 1 x 8AWG & 4 x 8AWG either tapped up or braided (maybe that will cause more turbulence of the magnetic field and more current?).

8 awg | eBay

The markings of every foot are nearly always on the insulation. Most decent car audio cable is made of very fine strands and the best are 99.9% oxygen free.

Wow, I didn't even realise LCR meters are so cheap.... in my head they were going to be 1000's.... lol

I've got a 600watt high pressure sodium bulb to donate to kdkinen for a spark gap if you would like to try?

Can't the spark gap be got rid of, just like the DRSSTC?

http://drsstc.com/

The Double Resonant Solid State Tesla Coil (DRSSTC) is a new type of Tesla coil that is set to drastically change Tesla coiling! The DRSSTC uses IGBT transistors to drive a conventional Tesla coil. Four IGBTs, in an H-drive configuration, replace the conventional variac, high voltage transformer, and spark gap of a conventional Tesla coil. There is no longer a heavy variac or transformer. The power waisting spark gap is also eliminated.

Comment

• Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
                                Can't the spark gap be got rid of, just like the DRSSTC?
                                Well.so far of what I`ve read Tesla`s writings, works & researches
                                that is not a good idea.aka your or others proposal
                                to substitute spark gap with an IGBT device or DRSSTC.
                                Tesla states that he for himself disliked the changes other researchers of his
                                time made to his plans & schematics.an example of them was Marconi
                                who put some fancy modifications in place of a spark gap.
                                I am sure Tesla knew very well what he was talking about.
                                Anyway. I wish to everyone here Only Success
                                as that is what we all are looking for
                                cheers !
                                << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

Working...
                                X