Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a.king21 View Post
    At high voltages the electric field exists outside the wire (Steinmetz). As a result a standing wave is set up between the neon bulb and any earth or virtual earth. A virtual earth is a bowl of water, a coil of wire or a human body which is mostly water etc. Consequently you do not have to physically attach the neon to anything. Simply holding it near to the output will indicate
    the strength of the field. Alternatively attaching one wire to the output and the other end to earth ground will light the bulb. This is the best way to check for increasing electrical output. The standing wave is AC. So obviously you can bridge rectify it to charge capacitors. In fact this is the basis of one of Utkin's experiments. He additionally screens the output with a parallel plate capacitor to "blind" the device. I've tried it and it works but it doesn't give me enough output to get excited about. BTW This is the method Tesla used, but of course his coils were the size of a room. Anyway, using this method you can find nodes in your circuitry and obtain power by joining two nodes - as the SAAAR team did in the Lithuania experiments.
    But remember RESONANCE. We should concentrate on the RESONANT OUTPUT TRANSFORMER. It's probably the main part of the clue, which we have all overlooked. I welcome resonance experiments on output transformers. Keep your eye on the ball.
    Thx for your info. I just understood.

Expect your device!

Best regards!

Comment

• a.king21

Brilliant comments man ! Both here and on overunity.com

Now it's time to find why in "green box" video spark gap is silent and in "clear box" video it is noisy. Also interesting is measured 23 amps flowing throught ground wire in "green box" video.

I know that part of solution is standing wave between two metals or between metal and ground or two grounds or one ground and elevated capacitance (even in system itself). Here is another important issue : where is this capacitance in Kapanadze device and why when ground wire is disconnected Kapanadze stated that coil is destroyed .

Another isseu : if Avramenko plug is enough to kill person from ground wire then attaching to water pipe is not a good idea. That complicates enterprise a lot due to required excellent grouding (large metal mass?)

Can you point to any easy explanation of regenerative system in radio receiver ?

Comment

• Kapanadze etc

It's hard to destroy a coil. Kapanadze must have meant the electronics surrounding the coil. My view is that he uses the earth circuit (circuit B) to blind circuit A, so he can put extra energy into circuit A. Then the thing behaves like feedback in acoustic howl. So to stop the destruction he inserts a spark gap as a lightning arrestor. You can hear the process in his aquarium video. The circuit then normalises after a while. This is so similar to Don Smith in the Tesla symposium! So I guess that Don used a feedback loop also. If Kapanadze had no spark gap in circuit B (the earth circuit) then he would blow his transistors. In fact he did it in the aquarium video. It's funny when you understand what's going on. My view is that it is hard to spark gap circuit B because it feeds from the main circuit, and the system would never get going. Kapanadze is a genius, but he's no circuit genius. He should have put a fuse in circuit B. SIMPLE!
        Of course high voltage is dangerous. That's why the Kapanadze crew were very cautious when touching the earth ground!!! They checked that there was no short circuit first! With their hands!! It's kind of funny when you watch the video again!
        Re regenerative receivers: I found out about this when talking to a friend. It is all part of the history of radio, so if you go on a radio construction site, you will hear all about superheterodyne, feed back and regeneration etc. Only remember it's not ou in radio, but the regeneration circuit looks like ou on a scope.
        The capacitor is the very start up capacitor in my view. It powers the high voltage module and is recharged by circuit B. That's the trick. I guess it's low voltage high micro farads, that's why it takes so long to charge on start up.
        The plus point is that it is an easy matter to charge it from circuit B. Any high voltage will charge a lower voltage capacitor. Amps do not matter; but volts do. Of course in Kapanadze's circuit we need enough amps also, but this is supplied by the speed of the regenerating circuit in feedback mode. Circuit B can be micro amps, but high volts, but as long as the speed of feedback is speed of light, it soon mounts up. That's why I think the capacitor is charged in series mode. Romero thinks it's AC. So we differ. Probably both will work, depending on circuit configurations. This is one of those situations like the beginning of radio. Once you find the trick, anyone can build a device. The trick is Finding the trick! So my advice to builders is two fold. 1 Remember resonance in all transformers, especially output. 2
        build a feedback loop to charge the start up capacitor. It would be great just to get 10 watts as a way of understanding the concept. I'm still trying. It's all in Kapanadze's patent!! Maybe Zilano can help us. Just 10 watts please

Comment

• 23 amps

The use of these meters never ceases to amuse me. They are designed for 50 hz 220 volts or 110 volts 60 hz. The readings outside these voltages and frequencies can not be trusted. That is why I recommend using a neon bulb.
          I can show a circuit with 100 amps and thousands of volts, but it's just meter nonsense.

The reason for the noise is because of the aquarium construction. Tap on any glass and it's noisy, compared to the green box. Also I think the aquarium video was much higher in power potential, but the main reason for the noise is the glass box in my view.
          If you watch the videos with this new enlightened knowledge I think you'll find it all makes sense.
          But we still need to find the trick!

Comment

• Earth grounding

A standing wave works like this. Imagine two people holding a rope. You create a wave and you get the reflection and after a while you get a huge standing wave. So the ground acts as a reflector of energy. It is effectively in resonance with the output wave from the device. Now A good ground is moist. That's why Kapanadze gets a good ground. His reflected standing wave has hardly no losses. In the aquarium video he wanted to impress his over dressed "guests". So he went for a water pipe! Any radio ham will tell you that a moist ground is the best ground. One of the first things I did when embarking on OU research is to build my own crystal set. 1 I had "free energy". 2 I learnt about grounds and aerials.
            You can also substitute any moist body for a ground. ie a human being, a tree, a bowl of water. Tesla suggested the negative terminal of a lead-acid car battery. Of course a large lump of metal also. What we are looking for is good conductivity, and water is a good conductor, and cheap! The standing wave is also AC. So you could rectify the wave and charge caps. Don Smith also confirmed that he had devices with no earth ground. I'm convinced the good ground is to get circuit B as active as possible.
            This kind of ground is also relatively safe. The only time you get trouble is if you interpose yourself between the signal and the ground. This can also be done with an Avramenko plug. But the diodes have to be able to take the amps, and they would be mega expensive. The reason the Kapanadze guys tapped the earth ground in the way they did was to make sure the connection was still sound. If loose, they could have been spark gapped! It's still funny to watch though! The reason Kapanadze is so fascinating is it's like having a live Don Smith. The technology is almost identical. That's why I respect Wesley so much. He got on a plane and met Kapanadze. That takes some beating. It's also why I am busting a gut trying to help those guys. Remember we only have to succeed ONCE!

Comment

• About the don's secondary

Hi zilano and others:

As i have already light a 30w bulb brightly between the the secondary of don's arrangement some days ago. And many air core coils of mine could got this stage. And i see some others have got this stage also.

So, does it should be a little amperage between the secondary?

Because i found the diods and the wires of the secondary side are small amperage size in don's desktop device photo.

Last edited by ostone; 01-18-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Here is was I deduced (call me Mr Sherlock Holmes )

1. There is standing wave going on to ground (water pipe) and causing large amps flowing back and forth. From Tariel statement he also tried with large metal mass (probably iron which has interesting magnetic properties). It is confirmed with 200W Stiveip video when ground is a not so big metal construction. Apparently it has to be low frequency or there would be a flickering on meter. 800Hz max. It is very solid and trustable answer. You cannot fool this type of meters into stable display. Look at Steven Mark notes.Period.

2. Now, recall Tesla notes. He stated, that you have large current flowing in antenna. In other place he mentioned that when there is miscalculated 1/4 wavelength on secondary there may be a fireball between ground and the windings because place of max voltage is not on top of device (where there is ball condenser).

Here is my question ? Do you have HAM radio and can you measure if there is any effect (even fluctuating) on clampmeter in antenna ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ostone View Post
                  Because i found the diods and the wires of the secondary side are small amperage size in don's desktop device photo.
                  This is my concern too.
                  I have the strong feeling that there are two different animals: (1) energizing electrons (low amperage) and (2) current draw.
                  It might be possible that real current performs in the following step down transformer along with an earth connection. - Just an idea! Please correct!
                  rgds John
                  Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Copper pipe circuit

Hi Ostone did you manage to get it work the copper pipe circuit?
                    Did you light that bulb?
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                      Hi Ostone did you manage to get it work the copper pipe circuit?
                      Did you light that bulb?
                      Thanks
                      Not yet. I'm reading the basic books now. Expect to understand the theories behind. Hope next will be fine.

Comment

• Trumpet Waveform

Does dark energy expansion look familiar?

2011 Nobel Prize: Dark Energy feat. Sean Carroll - YouTube
                        Last edited by nightwind; 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Thanks

Originally posted by a.king21 View Post
                          The resonant output transformer is part of the circuit. J L Naudin forgot this and used a microwave oven transformer in reverse and ... FAILED!!!
                          REMEMBER THIS. The important thing to remember is the wiring ratio 1 to 4. Measure the wire before winding. In this reverse coil;- total secondary should be 4 primary should be 1. (Harmonics should also work, so later we can try 8:1) Number of turns simply increases voltage or amperage and does not really matter in getting OU. But the primary goes inside the secondary.
                          Remember to measure the wire FIRST! If using Don Smith input, make sure the input wires ratio 1: 4 and output wire ratios 1:4 are exactly the SAME LENGTH. That way (if you are slightly out, you can avoid using capacitors)if you use wires with clips you can find the resonant points because the circuit will RING like a loudspeaker, only you will not be able to hear exactly where the sound is coming from because it is the WHOLE circuit which is outputting sound. Later you can experiment by EXACTLY doubling the output wire lengths. But the ratio must be maintained 1 : 4. (Later we can try 8:1)
                          Or you can use BIG FAT WIRES.
                          It is a bit like making a musical instrument.
                          If you use clear varnish on the output coil former you increase the Q. In other words you help RESONANCE! RESONANCE, RESONANCE, RESONANCE. HOW MANY MORE TIMES! Think of Tesla's earthquake machine. LOOK IT UP! Do you think he ever forgot the lesson? 2 watts in - BILLIONS OF WATTS OUT!! Repeat:-RESONANCE, RESONANCE, RESONANCE. IS IT CLEAR!!!!
                          Nowadays to avoid RESONANCE, bridges have nodes with spheres attached to avoid ...... RESONANCE. Once again RESONANCE RESONANCE RESONANCE on the output transformer. Now forgive me if I don't post for a while cos I'm building RESONANT output transformers according to Tesla's diagram and script.
                          I read all the post from my last one up to THIS and had to jump in.

Firstly

Thanks for posting your own experiments links photos videos etc.POWERFUL stuff.

I agree that our collective experiments will give the breakthough we are looking for.

Zilano did give some details and how to build a resonant transformer.

I intend to build one and provide data to everyone on power in and power out.No spark gap yet, no high voltage.

If you know of anyone who has done this please do not hesitate to let me know.

There is no way I am going to risk buying those HV Variable Caps just yet.I prefer to just build one of those low voltage resonant transformer, add a variable cap or two and prove to my satisfaction that power out is greater than power in.

IF that works, then I will simply build a giant crystal radio but with the driver circuit as transmitter and the inclusion of a sparkgap and variable caps as tuners.When it happens you will all know.And no,IF it works I have no interest in keeping stuff secret.

Ged.
                          Last edited by Gedfire; 12-30-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Agreed

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                            There are many sources of OU which fortunately can be combined. One of those stakes we can hammer down in the ground is a spark gap. Searching for some confirmations and additional knowledge I found:
                            See EueJin Jeong Ph.D Physics - especially after minute 3:30
                            He states that if we discharge a capcitor via a spark gap the kinetic enrergy of the moving electrons is higher than the static energy (not electrons! see link below!) stored previously in the capacitor.
                            He calculates: at a precondition of 10KV / 5 KHz / 10 nF an surplus of 2.5 KW. (minute 9:16)
                            He further states that this energy can be harvested via resonant systems only.

This is exactly what Tesla found: a discharge out of a capacitor increases the usable energy considerably.
                            Regarding the magic of a capcitor: see demonstration of MIT starting with minute 2:00. It is not true that electrons are being stored somewhere on the metal surfaces.

Summary: spark gaps and resonant systems form a very real building stone for real OU systems. This is true for the hairpin circuit as well :-)

rgds John
                            Thanks Johnstone,

Great links.

I have been experting with spark gaps over the last two weeks.

I was out to prove that the energy put out by a spark gap is real.I read up ionisation of gasses at high voltage as well as existing research on SG.

I used no resonance.I just wanted to prove that you can harvest energy from a SG.Yes, it worked. I fired up my flyback and used the coil from my last experiment.I hooked a diode bridge then my DMM. Yes there was a significant voltage reading: about 2 volts and a tiny amount of amps.Yes, the info on all this exist but ,proving it was just very satisfying for me.

When I checked the frequency it was very close to that of the driver circuit.11 kHz.

My DMM went crazy sometimes.So I kept moving it to a "safe" distance from the scary looking sparking from my flyback.

The diode had to be used as apparently off the shelf DMMs are made to measure changing electricity in the 50 to 60 hz range.

Now to do all of this at resonance.

Johnstone you have more experience on this stuff, what has been your own experiences with SGs ?

Ged

Comment

• Capacitors

Hi everyone.
                              It's dead easy to build your own capacitors. Fortunately this is one area where we are not tied to the manufacturers. Go on any Tesla coil site and they tell you how to do it. Essentially you need a roll of bacofoil or other aluminium (aluminum) cooking foil. Use polythene as the dielectric (bin liner) and you're away!!!!! You can have them as parallel plate stacks or roll them up. Or you can make coil-foil-capacitors. An LCR meter is essential (I've just bought one) Then you can measure the capacitance. Yes they work. I've been pleasurably zapped. There's even a youtube video of some clown filling a shoe box full of alternating aluminium paper and computer paper as a dielectric. He kept charging the thing up and zapping himself. (I've lost the link)
                              Happy New free energy Year.
                              PS REMEMBER RESONANCE!!!!!!!

Comment

• New Video with bell-shaped wave-form

Hi everyone, been away from the forum but have some good progress in my opinion,
                                Here is my latest video, i'll paste the description here...

Very pleased with the results from this new setup
                                -Variable Freq and Pulse Width adjustable with 2 dials from 20khz to 300khz + with various cap combinations and 0-100% duty cycle
                                -anti-parallel double ignition coil driver (seems to give double the freq than single) so when one is pos, the other is neg
                                -snubber between ignition coil primary is a 1kv .1uf parallel with a neon and those are series with a 10kohm resistor, havent blown any chips since and the neon lites when duty cycle is to high
                                -small 5 amp analog meter to view input from 12 v battery
                                -L1 is 4 ft of 3mm insulated cable (too thick is not good) with .005uf
                                -L2 is 16 ft of B&W Airdux inductor half rewound to cw ccw (WHAT A ***** THAT WAS) Dons popular double helices board is strangely wound all one direction with 1.54nf between center tap and output end of L2
                                -adding more or less capacitance on L1 or L2 took away from output
                                -Seemingly increased spark on output with more firey and violet apearance than the blue-white input spark
                                -output bulbs are the same 12vdc 30 amp automotive bulbs
                                -very strong output over the 92 ohm load 5 bulbs with more to offer
                                MEMORY CARD GOT FULL AGAIN, or i wouldve shown what a core does...
                                -No change in wave form or current draw when output is short-circuited
                                -Seemingly no drop in input battery while drawing 1 amp continuously after 2 weeks
                                -Shocks recieved right off both battery terminals during operation
                                -Rising exponential looking increase seen in the wave-form was achieved by varying the series spark, parallel to HV output capacitor and frequency dial.
                                -Voltage on output is 1000+ volts
                                -I could show readings from my clAmpmeter, but no-one believes them LOL
                                -0amps current registers on output with the analog meter LOL
                                -Oscillations no longer affect the tv or computer

Don Smith Device Project Part 20a: Bell-shaped Wave-Form and Output Testing - YouTube
                                In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                                In the expert's mind there are few.
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X