Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
    Don’t you just love it when some – one says its soooo easy everyone should be doing it! Like everything else its easy when you know still here's one of those for consideration Freeenergyinventions
    Regarding EASY:
    I talked some weeks ago to a jumbo jet pilot. He complained because he was not able to operate an one button operated video recorder. My insertion: "Ok, but you can fly a jumbo" "Shure, but that's easy!"
    rgds John
    Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
      I played with one some time back, an old Delco out of a 60's chevy and found it would run at 6.5 khz with no problems. It seemed to have a natural resonance at around 3khz. I've run them as high as 300khz but only briefly and it's performance wasn't the best.

The primary measured in at 6.5 mh and the secondary was 51.6 Henry.

More recently I set one up with a passive oscillator using HV solar panels to charge a .5uf cap matched for the 3k resonance ( actually about 2.7khz ) and ran it through a GDT. Quite interesting what you can do with them.
      I've got a couple of ignition coils now that I'm playing with and both of them switch off around 80khz

I've just been pulsing around 70khz into a 12 volt stop light bulb using just one wire and touching the glass and seeing a plasma hit the glass where my finger is.

Anyone else noticed the smell of ozone every now and again when there playing with this sort of stuff?

Comment

• Measurements on ignition coils

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
        I've got a couple of ignition coils now that I'm playing with and both of them switch off around 80khz

I've just been pulsing around 70khz into a 12 volt stop light bulb using just one wire and touching the glass and seeing a plasma hit the glass where my finger is.

Anyone else noticed the smell of ozone every now and again when there playing with this sort of stuff?
        Testers for ignition coils operate up to 8KHz. That does not indicate that these coils can not operate at higher frequencies but that is their intended range of use.

FYI my measurments:

BOSCH pt.Nr. 0 221 122 001 (blue painted for transistor ignition)
        Primary: 0.9 Ohm / 2.9 mH / natural resonance at: 3.2 KHz + 745 KHz (high peak)
        Scondary: 8.95 KOhm / 65.5 H
        Ratead voltage (data sheet): 20KV

BOSCH pt.Nr. 0 221 119 021 (black painted standard VW)
        Primary: 2.5 Ohm / 6.3 mH / natural resonance at: 3.3 KHz + 300 KHz (high peak)
        Scondary: 12.07 KOhm / 64.3 H
        Rated voltage (data sheet): 15 KV

American cars often use ignition coils with up to 40 KV (i.e. Ford econovan). Therfore the HV cables are double insulated and much more thicker than the tiny European ones.

Warning:
        Please take in account that the measured inductance is valid for the measurement frequency of your meter only. Linear behavior can be expected at air coils only. Our meters are stupid experts - we need to interpret their display correctly.

Discussion:
        - My assumption is that the high peaks are more pronounced than the lower 3.x KHz because the iron core being at high frequencies out of order. There the coils will probably display less loss and less inductance (my assumption). Can`t measure that just now.
        - These conditions are not good basis for calculations only. Calculations degrade to assumptions.
        - A complete other animal will be if we hit the magnetic resonance of the core. No idea where to search for it.
        rgds John
        Last edited by JohnStone; 12-18-2011, 01:56 PM.
        Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Hi, the coils I have tried are:

BERU ZS 106 0 040 100 106

Primary 3.5ohms
          Secondary 7.76kohms

INTERMOTOR 11040

Primary 3.2ohms
          Secondary 8.74kohms

What sort of equipment do you use for measuring henries?

I am going to buy 4 performance ignition coils, 4 HT leads and a distributor cap and glue a conductive plate inside the cap so the terminal that is usually used for the coil input is used for the four coils wired in parallels output.

Another experiment that has also entered my mind from this thread is using two coils wired in anti parallel for the spark gap and in parallel with that two high voltage capacitors wired in stout bar/hairpin/lechers lines fashion. Replacing the NST with a much safer variable duty and high frequency, high voltage a/c.

Will be interesting to see how much can be drawn load wise on the other side of the capacitors and whether it makes the current draw go down on the primary side the greater the load.
          Last edited by soundiceuk; 12-18-2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
            I SPEAK FRENCH, if the pic is posted i can translate no prob

Last nite experimenting with my new driver, i stumbled on the "building-wave-form" !!!!!!
            if anyones interested...

Don Smith Device Project Part 19: New Driver with Resonant Building Wave-Form on L1 Tank Circuit - YouTube
            International Friends for Tariel Kapanadze - Working OU!!! - YouTube

Done that, had OU straight over this important bit..

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue_Serge View Post
              Hello,

I measured the input power with an Amp meter connected in series on the input side. I don't have a kilowatt meter but I will look into getting one.

Zilano made some suggestions earlier and I wanted to try them out next. I was thinking of making the third coil either a bifilar or caduceus coil and attaching the right capacitor to resonant with the pick up coils. Which is better a bifilar or Caduceus coil?

@T-1000: I used 2 HV 10KV - 30mA diodes to charge the primary capacitor then discharge it through the spark gap into L1 or primary coil. I was just showing the signal that is picked up by the probe. From what I understand I believe I need a signal that is rising in voltage or ringing up, no?
              hi,blue_serge:

What's going on? Do you have got the point?

Comment

• Originally posted by ostone View Post
                Hi zilano:

As your simple OU circut, but it does not work. My connection like this:

Even a 6.5v 0.15A bulb, it does not work also.

What's wrong with my circut?

As i see. It's a tesla twin coil. And one side are 50 turns(the wire coil), the other side one turn(the tube). Is it right?

Pls help.

Best regards.

Originally posted by editor View Post
                Hello everybody!

I, too, take some 2 hours to build the device and also I believe it is not a working one, even small discharge lamp is not lighten!!!!!!

have a nice nighte

Does anyone got OU by this circut?
                Last edited by ostone; 12-18-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• If you disconnect one of the wires to the bulb and attach it to an earth rod it should light. But be careful electricity is dangerous.

Comment

• The coil would need to be tuned to resonance to begin with. The copper tube is a hindrance in the sense it will create large eddy currents. It's difficult to bring a coil to resonance if there is such a force against it. You can slit the tube lengthwise to lower these currents. Still you have a considerable factor to overcome.

You would have better luck placing the tube inside a ferrite toroid with a primary coil wrapped on the toroid and then connecting it as shown.

The way it's shown produces a considerable amount of waste in heat losses, chances of getting unity would be difficult at best let alone lighting the bulb in any fashion.

Comment

• Still working on it

Originally posted by ostone View Post
                      hi,blue_serge:

What's going on? Do you have got the point?
                      Hey,

I'm still working on the modifications I posted ealier. I don't have much time these days to work on my projects but I will post more info for everyone once I make some progress.

Comment

• Hi all,
                        studying Utkin and Tseung I have got some ideas to share. While all OU methods seem to relate on resonance there are different approaches in order to input (obvious or hidden) or output energy.

If we use a harvesting system ccw/cw (see Zilano / Utkin) it seems to be suffitient to pump the lossy resonance circuit by sparks of i.e. 40 KHz - asynchronously - in order to keep it running while the resonance circuit oscillates much faster. A prper designed cw/ccw system does not react much to the input area (Utkin)

If we expect a resonance circuit with increasing amplitude the approach above seems not to work fine. If we follow Tseung (lead out theory) this could be a clue.

Well known fact:
                        A resonace system (all deal somehow with some kind of inertia) moves between two dead points (velocity of mass, current = 0). A small kick at the dead point (picture a swing or pendulum) will add energy to the system. So the lossy resonance action can be at least sustained.

Tseung theory in short:
                        The kick action will add more energy to the system than the energy of the kick. (Crazy animal - needs to be digested) Please study his publications. This notion can be applied to pendulum, rotating mass (adams and others) or electrical circuits. He states that Bedini uses the mechanical kick to the wheel and the electrical one to the (resonating) batteries es well.

Discussion:
                        If the obove claim is true (still digesting?) then we might have a clue on how to get an increasing oscillation. See picture below:

In case A the resonance circuit approaches to peak voltage of +1000V while the DC voltage at spark gap is constantly 4000V. Consult wave picture on right hand side The gap is not allowed to fire.
                        In case B (intentionally drawn reverse in order to picture the facts) the circuit moves toward the negative peak voltage of minus 1000V. Thesla ever spoke of carefully adjusting the gap. Then the gap will fire at say 4999 Volt just in the negative peak area.
                        The capcitor C1 stored a small energy amount before and now is ready to to perform the short and vigorous (voltage!) kick. The spark will stop soon because of the minute energy out of C1.

So the notion can be that every oscillator needs to experience the kick just at the dead point and only there and it should be a short one in "DC" mannor.
                        Additionally this explains why the frequency is a factor. The more times you kick the more we get this amplification chunk.

Imagine: Mr ZPE - himself - sits there in the vacuum and tries to repel our kick. "Unfortunately" he misses our pulse and kicks the wheel himself. But beware this happens in his blind spot area only. In other areas he - His Majesty Rex - ZPE - hurts you severely .

Replications:
                        a) This behaviour might explain why some replications do well while others behave different (joule thief, Imhotep, FLEET ...). Essential is just that very moment where the kick is applied.

b) Feel free to harvest > by an output spark into another transformer, nromal coil or by cw/ccw ......

c) I feel that it might be possible to tune a spark circuit in order to fire at both amplitudes if the HV transformer oscillates with same freqeuency but opposite amplitude. But here my imagination gets severly foggy .

d) If we apply this notion to the Zilano circuit with the flash tube:
                        - have a small C1 in action
                        - Keep the ballast before diode tuned
                        - fire just at negative dead point
                        As we get ZPE at the resonace coil directly, the harvest coil can omit the CW/CCW rule. The normal wound harvest coil will dampen the resonant coil being pumped steadily.
                        But cw/ccw will increase harvest power. As Utkin states - aproaches can be combined.

~o0o~

I don't know if this helps but I feel it might be an important approach.
                        rgds John
                        Last edited by JohnStone; 01-11-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• who knows?

Hi Ostone haven't attempted this as yet but I would respectfully suggest a/ heavily tape the pipe, b/ wind the coil with bare copper wire ( strip some house wire), using a plastic cable tie at either end to keep everything tight.
                          And stop any shorted turns. c/attach a decent HV probe onto the negative connection of your HT supply, you can now go carefully touching each turn (and around it) until you reach a tuned “Resonant” condition
                          I put resonant in inverted comma's here because I'm not sure its the correct term when dealing with a linear wave, It is clear that the linear wave is very sharp and difficult to tune as demonstrated by this Tesla One-Wire Transmission by Bill Williams
                          and at a wild guess that’s what your trying to do. You seem to have a few variables one of which of course is the spark gap, seems strange to traditionally trained guys like me that what is effectively a short circuit could possibly produce usable power, but it can .. here demonstrated... Tesla "Hairpin Circuit" lighting 100 watt halogen bulb, under water as well - YouTube The whole thing of course is bordering on insane/suicidal, wear rubber gloves, tie one hand behind your back and put a johnny on your nose! and it might “just might” … happen! I hope you'll be kind enough to tell us if it does in the unlikely event of it all going horribly wrong pictures of burnt smouldering appendages would be acceptable !
                          Soooo the linear wave doesn't officially exist the above experiment and Mr Eric Dollard defy that statement Eric does it here loud and clear Part 1 of 6: Eric Dollard Tesla Longitudinal wave Energy SBARC Ham Radio with Chris Carson - YouTube ( this young hansom guy tuned first the accepted hertzian wave then … the linear wave ) That’s the one your after... In short Ostone you are working in fractions of a mm! Will it work? who Knows(sorry just could not resist)
                          Last edited by Duncan; 12-20-2011, 09:12 AM.
                          Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• @JohnStone

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                            Hi all,
                            studying Utkin and Tseung I have got some ideas to share. While all OU methods seem to relate on resonance there are different approaches in order to input (obvious or hidden) or output energy.
                            ~o0o~

I don't know if this helps but I feel it might be an important approach.
                            rgds John
                            Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Do you think it would be easier to model this with a PLC or microcontroller using low voltage to correctly time and pulse the peaks at their apex in both directions and see what happens? Just a thought. The problem that I see with passive elements is the ever changing voltage swings. The more advanced HV capacitor switching systems use a microprocessor to time the zero crossing point to switch capacitors on large industrial systems to reduce arcing and switch wear.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwind View Post
                              Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Do you think it would be easier to model this with a PLC or microcontroller using low voltage to correctly time and pulse the peaks at their apex in both directions and see what happens? Just a thought. The problem that I see with passive elements is the ever changing voltage swings. The more advanced HV capacitor switching systems use a microprocessor to time the zero crossing point to switch capacitors on large industrial systems to reduce arcing and switch wear.
                              High nightwind,
                              that's exact my present concern. Some thoughts regarding:

1. Initial designs:
                              Tesla got at his times a maximum sophisticated setup. (See spring loaded magenetic spark gap.) It was ignited by decreasing gap (manually) and the spring shifted it back to the predefined position.
                              Temperature is an issue. Some use bimetal controlled distance. Others used sequenced spraks inbetween of cooling washers of copper.....
                              BTW:
                              - I'm shure that the "silent" or hissing gaps are those which operate at one spark every one or two oscillations.
                              - I'm shure that Tesla dealt with several effects operating his spark gap simultaneously . But as we are mere mortals we are restricted to either eat cake or drink wine at same time.
                              Our concern just now seems to be just one of those effects employed by Tesla. But any first light expels total darkness.

2. Current technology:
                              Current technical means suggest plenty of possible solutions. Tesla would have joy playing with them. Unfortunately few of us have enough spare tim or funds to build the most sophisticated setup und less of our community will have the chance for replications. Simplicity is the genius in a schematic.

3.Digital approach:
                              I am an digital freek as well and therefore my first thought scans this area. On the other hand I know how much effort it is until such an animal performs without flaws and how difficult it is to measure. Maybe there is some experts dealing with DSPs who could proof the concept. It would be a major help. Unfortunately this is not my area.

4. Analog approach:
                              On the other hand there are some TV experts who know to deal with HV and ramps and comparators ..... See horizontal circuits..... They are able to trigger events at precise timing. This way could be possible for lot's of people worldwide to replicate (scrap TVs).
                              Usually they do it this way:
                              - take the sine and convert to cosine (90 degree shigt)
                              - employ a zero point detector at cosine = peak of sine
                              - Use this signal for trigger.
                              I am shure there are some ready made TV-ICs out there. Some experts available?

5. Resonant approach:
                              If we have a flyback transformer operated at the same frequency as the main resonant coil, it will possible to operate both in 180 degree phase shift. This will happen as soon as the gap fires in the very timeslot where the differnce of flyback and resonat coil ist the maximum (choke, diode inbetween). Some Russians seem to have employed this. This seems to be the most simplicity but the most skilled tuning.
                              Too foggy for my Lotion just now. I have to get more experience by experiment.

6. First steps:
                              In order to get experience it could be imporant to exercise this matter at joul thief, imhotep, FLEET or others. They do not deal with high voltage in the primary area. Of course this is not direct related to Don's device but as the direct way seems to be too stony - it can be another approach.

7. Zilano schematic
                              Again and again in my imagination the Zilano schematic with the flash tube appears. It somehow is the fulcrum of my thoughts.
                              - The flash tube can be triggerd quite easily (very munute HV transformer triggerd by 555 - see electronic pars for flash tubes ). So we omit any temperature or voltage fluctuation.
                              - For proove of concept one synchronous trigger every 5 or 10 oscillation will suffice initially.
                              - The flash tube could be connected in series with others or with real adjustable spark gaps in order to increase operation voltage (hold off).

Such a spark circuit could be built as module to check different coil setups under controlled conditions. This is an important factor for any electrical OU setup.

~o0o~

Just some thoughts not being ripe for digesting. I am shure there are a lot of more valuable facettes out there to look for - being absent in my mind.
                              rgds John

Comment

• Copper to Bulb circuit

Hi Ostone or editor somewhere I read that tightening or loose winding effects frequency try to adjust the copper winding to that pipe wider until you reach resonance hopefully

Comment

Working...
                                X