• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait!

Originally posted by zilano
    Nice design.
    1. But what freq?

2. DC Step up from 4.5V to 350V?

3. I don't quite understand where the HV pulse comes from and where it goes.

Will study. Tips welcome!

Comment

• @Zilano

Am I reading this correctly? Mixing 350 VDC w/ 2KVAC ? If yes, how are you mixing the different voltages on the L1 coil. Are there two separate L1 windings?

2KV - Your red arrow. Is this the 2KV (plus +) connection point?

I agree with jharmon, don't leave so soon. There is plenty of room for you

Thanks

If this works, Mr Kelly will want to put this in his book too.
      Last edited by nightwind; 11-24-2011, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• @Zilano
        In the drawing it looks like the 2k hv is shorted to ground.
        Is this a mistake?.

Agree with all other guys, do not leave, enough food for thoughts needed

Comment

• Originally posted by Haan
          Hi Farmhand,

what document does that page come from?.
          Good question, very good question, I would like to review that document as well,
          unfortunately I can't remember where I got the image, I'll try to find out.
          I think I copied it from a post because it was a clearer image.

The text and drawing seem to match the words from the other book I linked.
          The inventions, researches and writings of Nikola Tesla, with special reference to his work in polyphase currents and high potential lighting : Martin, Thomas Commerford, 1856-1924 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

But the drawing is on white backing not brownish like the above book. And the
          figure number is different so it is a page from a different book for sure.
          I think It will contain exactly the same info though, I'll investigate to see if I
          can locate the source of it. It may be a different publication of the same
          book. Or part thereof.

This passage of text is taken from page 204 of the book I linked above there is more there about it.
          But the drawing is on page 203, figure 131.

the same brilliancy, and are accompanied by the
          same sharp crackling sound, as those obtained from a friction or
          influence machine.
          Another way is to pass through two primary circuits, having a
          common secondary, two currents of a slightly different period,
          which produce in the secondary circuit sparks occurring at comparatively
          long intervals. But, even with the means at hand
          this evening, I may succeed in imitating the spark of a Holtz
          machine. For this purpose I establish between the terminals of
          the coil which charges the condenser a long, unsteady arc, which
          is periodically interrupted by the upward current of air produced
          by it. To increase the current of air I place on each side of the
          arc, and close to it, a large plate of mica. The condenser charged
          from this coil discharges into the primary circuit of a second
          coil through a small air gap, which is necessary to produce a
          sudden rush of current through the primary. The scheme of
          connections in the present experiment is indicated in Fig. 131.
          G is an ordinarily constructed alternator, supplying the primary
          P of an induction coil, the secondary s of which
          I think it will be a different book without most of the preceding devices that
          the book I linked has, but the info on that transformer will be the same.

The book I linked has an awesome amount of valuable information in it, but it is
          difficult to read I admit.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Haan
            Hi Farmhand,

what document does that page come from?.
            I have found a copy at:
            http://www.hvlabs.com/files/teslaexperiments.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by bbem View Post
              Awesome that would be the book. Easy to read too. Thanks for that.
              Much appreciated.

I got a similar discharge to described with a large supply capacitor 1270 uF
              and quite wide spark gap so the discharge was very powerful like
              gunshots and slow, I remarked that it sounded like a gatling gun.

I arranged the circuit so that the voltage in the supply cap for the HV supply
              coil increased until the point was reached when the gap fired, this charged the
              primary caps to over well over 4000 volts at 20 nF through the primary
              depending on the spark gap width.

Enjoy. if your speakers are loud it might hurt your ears.

50 mm Lightning.wmv - YouTube

Spark demo dead neon.wmv - YouTube

Cheers

Comment

• Xenon tube

Found this kit,maybe it could be adapt in @Z circuit.
                12v Strobe red/blue xenon flash modules - Round colored 6v, 5v car

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                  not shorted. green circuit and red circuit two separate circuits. hv does not join ground. it goes to diode directly.
                  Thank you for answering!
                  So I guess the other cable of the hv circuit is attached to the other end of the Xenon bulb?
                  Did you use bifilar coils?
                  What caps did you suggest to use?
                  (Sorry about the amount of questions)

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                    only single hv cable used and it goes to diode only. no bifilars. only simple tesla type coils with ferrite.

rgds
                    OK, hope your circuit will excite me and the electrons soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfortune View Post
                      Found this kit,maybe it could be adapt in @Z circuit.
                      12v Strobe red/blue xenon flash modules - Round colored 6v, 5v car
                      This also helpfull:
                      Xenon Flasher
                      (The 2kV is connected to the striking shield, now I understand ;-)

@all:
                      A great tesla site I found (lots to learn from):
                      Richie's Tesla Coil Web Page

Comment

• Sucess

Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
                        Hi Gedfire,
                        please specify "see this work"! What works? A bulb, a voltmeter?

I built it like the schematic today and saw it not working. 6/8" coppertube 10" long, slotted, 80 turns of magnet wire. The natural oscillation of the coil is about 3 MHz.
                        - no volt, no bulb lighting
                        - same with diode and capacitor at output.
                        - same when adding ring magnets around the rod.

I believe in OU so I am not discouraged. What is wrong?
                        rgds John

John,

Will let you see the pics shortly.Actually, I just demonstrated it to a group of students in my Science Club.

I used the steel used in building but I had a lot more turns on my copper wire.

Was not pleasant to warp.Took about 2 hours or more to complete about 2 and a half feet.

It let up a neon bulb.Voltage at 111 amps at 0.1.Later I will let you have the exact figures along with the pictures of the working device.

Regards,

Ged

Comment

• Next Project THIS

Originally posted by zilano
                          DO NOT CONNECT JOINT OF BIFILAR TO THE HEAT SINK OF TRANSISTOR BUT A POSITIVE + SUPPLY CONNECTED AT THE JOINT OF BIFILAR

I am going to pursue the Super Joule Ringer Next.

Zilano and others I have a few questions about the Joule Ringer.I Spent some time analysing the video and there some unanswered questions.

1. Does the toroid have a split?

2. What are the wire sizes? Certainly it does not seem that the 1/4 wavelength theory is in force.

3. LaserSaber said that he did a lot of TUNING.Measuring amps out etc.

I assume he meant he kept going until he got the least mAmps flowing.Hence resonance? He mentioned that the second toroid was KEY to the device working.He said the toroid was in SERIES with a capacitor in the centre.Seem like a cap/coil combo to help with the tuning.

He did not mention using any LCR meter etc.

He seem to have series resonance from the one leg of the toroid.

Hear that series resonance give high current.

He also had a varible resistor potentiometer set up

Any comments?

Schematic looks like an early Don model.

Plan to try the whole coil thingy tesla style with a core.

Great to hear from KELLY That pdf is the greatest ever!

Thanks MAN!

Ged

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                            I am going to pursue the Super Joule Ringer Next.

Zilano and others I have a few questions about the Joule Ringer.I Spent some time analysing the video and there some unanswered questions.

1. Does the toroid have a split?

2. What are the wire sizes? Certainly it does not seem that the 1/4 wavelength theory is in force.

3. LaserSaber said that he did a lot of TUNING.Measuring amps out etc.

I assume he meant he kept going until he got the least mAmps flowing.Hence resonance? He mentioned that the second toroid was KEY to the device working.He said the toroid was in SERIES with a capacitor in the centre.Seem like a cap/coil combo to help with the tuning.

He did not mention using any LCR meter etc.

He seem to have series resonance from the one leg of the toroid.

Hear that series resonance give high current.

He also had a varible resistor potentiometer set up

Any comments?

Schematic looks like an early Don model.

Plan to try the whole coil thingy tesla style with a core.

Great to hear from KELLY That pdf is the greatest ever!

Thanks MAN!

Ged
                            Hi Gedfire,
                            thanks for sharing!
                            Did you check
                            http://free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter5.pdf / starting with page 135 /Fleet Generator
                            There might be some additional hints. Same device but with air core. They say that the secondary need to be cc/ccw like Zilano.

I made some ver initial tests and detected that the frequency shifts with load considerably 100KHz up to 370 KHz. Don't know if this is important. It might be if we try to get resonance. But conforming utkin this is a sign of too close coupling from secondary back to primary.

Studying Utkin in order to lift some fogs from my brain.
                            Regards John
                            Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Joule thief

My 2" Joule thief is running ok but I cannot know exactly how much it's giving out cause three MM are giving me different readings
                              Well on the output it's lighting two neons in series although Cfl's that I have not lighting maybe my cfl are not good.
                              My problem is the variable cap cause nothing is happening when trying to tune maybe I have to have a bigger vcap.

Comment

• Utkin is correct. Tesla used wood core because in that time there was no other option. Read his patent about transformer ; he said also magnetic core may be used.
                                I think IRON atoms make things much easier like Zilano said. Thus we must learn first to use ferrite core but in small scale maybe, then apply knowledge to use other cores and air core.

Comment

Working...
                                X