Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dfortune View Post
    @ Zilano

Your saying "...the pulse must be HVDC." how much should that be 1000v-2000v or what is the minimum voltage required.
    And at what duty cycle 10%-50%-80%.

Thank you for all your insights,much appreciated.
    Hi Dfortune,
    as far I understood the matter:
    1. The power exited corresponds voltaqe squared. Zilano stated that starting with a simple neon (spark gap replacement) bulb the magic can be observed. Neons limit voltage below 100V.
    2. Conforming Tesla another essential parameter is steep edges especialy at switch on but at switch off too. Therefore he invented the magnetic quenched spark gap (sudden switch off). In this parameters there is another important magic.
    3. Tesla recommended a frequency above 20 KHz.

@Zilano correct please if wrong!

Regards
    John
    Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Well let see...

Thanks John... I always tought that rapid pulsing(radio hz) and short pulse where more important than HV for OU.

I may be wrong,experiment will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfortune View Post
        Thanks John... I always tought that rapid pulsing(radio hz) and short pulse where more important than HV for OU.

I may be wrong,experiment will tell.
        Hi,
        first not the amount of harvested energy i important but to learn to harvest at all - no matter how much. And yes frequency is an issue but you should not confuse the resonance frequency of the L1 coil and the repeating frequency of the spark. The latter can be considerably lower - as I learned from others and yes it is important..
        The spark does not need to be synchronously with the coil in resonance. Phase jumps are tolerable. This is true at least for one possible setup.

This post might be doubled. My subscriber line is extremely lazy today (3 IP packets a second)
        John
        Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnStone View Post
          Hi Dfortune,
          as far I understood the matter:
          1. The power exited corresponds voltaqe squared. Zilano stated that starting with a simple neon (spark gap replacement) bulb the magic can be observed. Neons limit voltage below 100V.
          2. Conforming Tesla another essential parameter is steep edges especialy at switch on but at switch off too. Therefore he invented the magnetic quenched spark gap (sudden switch off). In this parameters there is another important magic.
          3. Tesla recommended a frequency above 20 KHz.

@Zilano correct please if wrong!

Regards
          John
          Hi, i read that the frequency should be between 6 Hz and 20 kHz for feeding the resonant L1, but i can be wrong....

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
            @ all
            don and kapanadze didnt use quenched spark. and they have ou.

yes frequency must be above 20khz.

the schematic i mentioned is attached below

VOLTAGE CAN BE 2KV TO 4KV

rgds
            zzzz
            AHHHHHH! Now I understand. Thanks for sharing!
            John

Comment

• Free Car wash

Zilano
              Chaloopa says if you Help her keep nice and warm this winter
              She'll wash your car forever [for free]
              Starting to get real cold here.

Thanks
              Chet

If you want to Change the world
              BE that change !!

Comment

• Done with NPS

Originally posted by jharmon View Post
                ok. I guess i can at least find the freq of the NPS by firing across a spark gap by itself.
                On second, thought. I'm done with the NPS. Just waiting for my flyback to come in. Will drive it with the simple 2n3055 circuit you posted. There is enough to think about here without having to worry about fooling the GFI circuit.

Comment

• Diode Problems

I have tried a number of different layouts, but I cannot seem to get power past the diodes. I've tried all kinds of diodes, even microwave oven diodes and those seem to be compatible for high frequency and high voltage. Am I simply using the wrong type of diode for converting from AC to a pulsed DC?

Comment

• Originally posted by nowatts View Post
                    I have tried a number of different layouts, but I cannot seem to get power past the diodes. I've tried all kinds of diodes, even microwave oven diodes and those seem to be compatible for high frequency and high voltage. Am I simply using the wrong type of diode for converting from AC to a pulsed DC?
                    have you tried these:

from: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...netism-40.html

Thyratrons

Amazing Vacuum Tubes May Eliminate Motors

Amazing Vacuum Tubes May Eliminate Motors

by JAY EARLE MILLER

Based on an interview with Dr. W. R. Whitney and Associates of the General Electric Research Laboratories Scientists have accomplished the marvelous feat of literally taking nothing, sealing it in a glass tube and making it perform the tasks hitherto done by huge motors. Thyratrons, as these amazing vacuum tubes are called, may soon relegate all machinery to the junk pile. Already vacuum tubes are curing dread diseases, increasing the range of man’s senses, and saving industry huge sums.

IMAGINE a tube, a thing of glass and metal, replacing a motor to operate a piece of machinery. Imagine a fiat bed printing press—or any machine using a reciprocating motion-—getting its energy from a glorified descendant of a radio tube.

That’s just one of the things that research engineers of the General Electric Company expect to see within the next few years. With Thyratron power tubes and solenoids it is technically possible today.

And that’s just what a Thyratron is, for it will convert direct current into alternating, or invert alternating current into direct As a valve it can replace switches, current breakers or lightning arresters. It can change current of one frequency into another, or pick out any particular portion of an electrical wave and put it to work. It can control any form of electrical apparatus, operate burglar alarms and do other forms of work. And it may even, as Mr. White predicts, displace electrical motors.
                    hope this helps
                    Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Originally posted by nowatts View Post
                      Hi nowatts,
                      your cry for help ist too unspecific. Please post at least one schematic and specify your HV source.
                      How do you measure?

Nevertheless some hints:
                      - High voltage diodes can have a forward voltage of several volts. So they will not perform below.
                      - You can insert a loudspeaker in order to "measure" acoustically if you hear clicks.
                      Regards John
                      Last edited by JohnStone; 11-17-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• JT

Today I've tried the zilano joule thief setup. I 've did mine on a 2" ferrite toroid with 300turns bifilar on secondary. The thing is that when I hook it to my 12v bank it's giving above my MM voltage above 1000v. When I tried bulbs on it did not switched on
                        No hissing sound is coming as other JT's that I've build in the past.
                        I will try a variable resistor to base and try to lower voltage and try bulbs again.
                        Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                          Today I've tried the zilano joule thief setup. I 've did mine on a 2" ferrite toroid with 300turns bifilar on secondary. The thing is that when I hook it to my 12v bank it's giving above my MM voltage above 1000v. When I tried bulbs on it did not switched on
                          No hissing sound is coming as other JT's that I've build in the past.
                          I will try a variable resistor to base and try to lower voltage and try bulbs again.
                          Thanks.
                          Hi Guruji,
                          it's a good idea to insert a vaiable resister.
                          A transistor is a current amplifier. For a certain collector current you need a corresponding base current. If you have too much current into the base the transistors get lazy and switch slower. This is because the base / emitter junction contains as side effect an internal parasititc capacitance. You need to charge and discharge this capacitance at every switch cycle, before the switching takes place. While you look for economy of base current you speed up the switch transitions at same time.
                          For faster switch ON/OFF time you additionally may use a small capacitor in parallel to the base resistor (i.e. 50 pf). While positive and negative edge of your signal to the base the base resistor is being short circuited by this small capacitor for a short time. This helpes to charge and discharge the pasrasitic base / emitter capacity.
                          Unfortunately the optimum values can be determined by scope measurements only.
                          If you use the capcitance mentioned above, please add a base / emitter protection.
                          Cause: At negative edges of your base signal the base becomes negative. Transitors are not allowed to have more than 5 V negative at base. Some can stand 12 V but then you never know when you kill them. And additionally they get more lazy when switched on.
                          HowTo: Zehners are to slow - so solder 3 normal diodes or more i.e 1N4148 in series and add them with the free anode to the emitter and with the free kathode to the base. Your transistor will be quite happy and fast with base voltage being below 5V.
                          Maybe you hear then the expected hissing.
                          Regards
                          John
                          Last edited by JohnStone; 11-17-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

@ all
                            don and kapanadze didnt use quenched spark. and they have ou.

yes frequency must be above 20khz.

the schematic i mentioned is attached below

VOLTAGE CAN BE 2KV TO 4KV

rgds
                            zzzz
                            zzzz, as all layouts have ground. Could there be no ground?
                            Last edited by ostone; 11-18-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• JT

Thanks John and Zelina for your info. Yes I should do transistor protection as you've told me John cause I don't want to burn this transistor now.
                              Zilano no I did not attach that connection to heatsink. The magnet is essential?

When you go to space Zilano with your spaceship I would like to come although I'm always in space cause it's my yoga technique and my Guru always taught us to drop the mind and be always in space cause it's total freedom.
                              Thanks.

Comment

YES A GROUND IS MUST BUT IF U USE SECONDARY L1/2 OF PRIMARY L1/4 WAVELENGTH THEN U NEED NO GROUND. GROUND ALSO ACTS TO STABILIZE SPARK GAP AND MAINTAIN VOLTAGE CONDITIONS.

RGDS

ZZZZ

That's it! Thx zilano.

Comment

Working...
                                X