Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zilano

this is the simplest and working circuit i have tested and found it works best. the basic is a coil resonates when its triggered with pulsing dc at its resonant frequency specified by coil and its self capacitance. as we dont know self capacitance of a coil unless we measure it with lcr meter. so a cap is used parallel to the coil. we know inductance and cap is an oscillating circuit. it oscillates transfering oscillations to secondary. here primary is an oscillator and secondary resonate sympathetically if a matching cap is used at secondary. the two coils now resonate. feeding each other with same resonant frequency and losses compensated with spark feeding energy so its resonant oscillator. resonance produce amplification and this xtra energy is pulsed again as we did it in the primary with diode and spark gap. the trafo is ferrite and the coil primary of trafo is matched with cap for 60 hz by matching capacitor so trafo primary oscillates at 50/60 hz. here spark triggers the trafo primary to make it oscillate at 60 hz. the output can be tapped at the output of secondary. here we just use overflow of resonant energy and dont use storage caps. this is simple theory and working device schematic. its a working circuit. one can use varistors to maintain desired voltage. varistors are available easily.

regards

zzzz
    I have a few additional questions:
    Length of L2 is 4 times L1 , and L1 is 1/4 wavelength of resonant frequency on primary ?
    Do you have silent spark in primary spark gap ?
    The first transformer has ferrite core too ?
    I have also a slight fear about capacitor matching for 50Hz. What is output side is unloaded , doesn't it explode from overvoltage ? Where to place varistors then ?

Did you really manage to make it OU with just spark gap in primary ? no rotating interrupter ? I'm stunned ! Is that because of using custom made flyback driver ?
    What is the relation of output frequency from flyback just after diode in primary part of this circuit to the resonant frequency of primary cap and coil (RCL circuit) ? Is that the same frequency or flyback is x times slower but harmonic of resonant frequency of RCL ?
    Can you give a bit specific information about that kind of circuit to allow us to replicate it ? What are the voltage ratings for capacitors, voltage output from flyback in primary, whatever you can share with us , please ?

Comment

• HOW CAN WE MEASURE SIMPLY DISTRIBUTED CAPACITANCE OF COIL !!!??????
      ANYBODY HAS IDEA ?

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
        HOW CAN WE MEASURE SIMPLY DISTRIBUTED CAPACITANCE OF COIL !!!??????
        ANYBODY HAS IDEA ?
        Hard.

You could back into it. Measure the inductance of the coil. Measure the single wire resonance of the coil. Calculate the capacitance from the inductance and frequency.

Comment

• @Zilano
          God bless ya and have nice journey.

Comment

• how it is grounded ? to water pipe, to some insulated large metal or to something buriend into soil ? can all groundings be attached to the same point ? how important is ground on primary side ?

Comment

this is the simplest and working circuit i have tested and found it works best. the basic is a coil resonates when its triggered with pulsing dc at its resonant frequency specified by coil and its self capacitance. as we dont know self capacitance of a coil unless we measure it with lcr meter. so a cap is used parallel to the coil. we know inductance and cap is an oscillating circuit. it oscillates transfering oscillations to secondary. here primary is an oscillator and secondary resonate sympathetically if a matching cap is used at secondary. the two coils now resonate. feeding each other with same resonant frequency and losses compensated with spark feeding energy so its resonant oscillator. resonance produce amplification and this xtra energy is pulsed again as we did it in the primary with diode and spark gap. the trafo is ferrite and the coil primary of trafo is matched with cap for 60 hz by matching capacitor so trafo primary oscillates at 50/60 hz. here spark triggers the trafo primary to make it oscillate at 60 hz. the output can be tapped at the output of secondary. here we just use overflow of resonant energy and dont use storage caps. this is simple theory and working device schematic. its a working circuit. one can use varistors to maintain desired voltage. varistors are available easily.

regards

zzzz
              I don't see a capacitor on L1.. Without it, I don't get a "spark" just a blue streamer. And output is next to nothing.

Comment

there is a cap across L1 and also L2.

ok, thanks, just hard to make out the circuit

Comment

there is a cap across L1 and also L2.

Ok, I tried that circuit with all sorts of resonant frequencies around what I think my nst is putting out. Still the blue stream of death. No snap crackle or pop.

Comment

• zilano

In that simple circuit did you used own flyback driver or nst ? is spark gap in primary adjustable or fixed ?

Comment

• Originally posted by drak View Post
                      Ok, I tried that circuit with all sorts of resonant frequencies around what I think my nst is putting out. Still the blue stream of death. No snap crackle or pop.
                      Hi Drak, Are you're diode's OK ? I use the spark gap between the negative
                      side of the primary coil and the caps like Don's drawing, and it works fine for
                      me. I'm uploading a video now of my Tesla transformer driving the ignition coil
                      to excite the primary of a little Tesla coil I made for fun. I got side tracked
                      again by funtimes

Only one problem is if I use the spark gap when I'm uploading the upload fails
                      every time

If making a video to show the specific layout of the primary charging circuit
                      the same as Don's drawing would help I'd be happy to set it up so it's easy to
                      see the layout and how it works. I'm using a transformer and ignition coil
                      though not a NST. After the diode it's the same thing though.

Cheers

Comment

• I'll post this here so I might get a comment. This is the waveform from the 1uF charging capacitor on the primary of the transformer while it's driving the ignition coil and spark gap.

The frequency I'm driving the ignition coil at is the group and all the oscillations are the result of what's going on. The one below shows one part zoomed in, I had to go to the next frequency range to see it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is one oscillation (correction zoomed in on a few). It won't stay exactly still because of the sparking.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers
                        Last edited by Farmhand; 10-17-2011, 05:28 AM.

Comment

there r two spark gaps. one at primary and one before output trafo. the first earth is a direct earth the 2nd earth is in series with 220 volt varistor. we lower volt after 2nd spark gap b4 trafo. spark gaps r open and hot and r made with steel needles pushed in a glass tube with 1 mm gap. primary cap is in pf cos smaller the cap greater is repulsive power. primary cap is charged parallely across the primary coil and spark is used to trigger primary. nst frequency is 30khz but primary oscillating frequency is in mhz and its different from nst frequency. after secondary we use a diode to make pulsing hvdc required to trigger the ferrite trafo for 50 hz with spark gap in return wire. steps r same as done in primary to trigger oscillate the circuit. primary 1/4L and secondary is 4L. the varistor protects overvoltage and shunts to the earth. primary and secondary air core. nst 4kv. primary caps 8kv secondary caps 20kv.

regards
                          zzzz
                          Dear Zilano ,
                          From which frequency your calculate yours wave length L ?
                          Which diameters is yours primary and secondary coils ?
                          Thank you in advance .
                          "Nothing is impossible , except that the state of your mind makes it so '' . Prof John R.R. Searl

Comment

• OK I think i'm ready to try a parallel spark gap any idea's on how I should set it up ?
                            I have 3x3.8 nF caps in series now, charged by the ignition coil and
                            discharged through the primary and series spark gap after the coil.

I have no idea how a parallel spark gap would work, I don't understand it,
                            a parallel spark gap looks a bit like a short to me.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by drak View Post
                              Is this the kind of crackle you want ? This is just fooling around testing stuff
                              out. I didn't actually make this video to post in this thread. But it seems relevant.
                              Spark gap Test.wmv - YouTube

Sorry about the roosters.
                              Last edited by Farmhand; 10-17-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                                How can the two resonant points be verified ? I'll watch the video again.

Same phenomenon observed using Tesla Coils(transmission of energy in the medium (ground as earth) by one wire).
                                In pdf (see below) also talking about two resonance frequencies!
                                Just like Meyl 1.6 times. f1=f0 * pi/2 (frequencies relationship expressed by wave lengths lambda: proportional as circle radius to arc (page 22 in pdf)

My advice is to study the inventors information (Tesla) not the copiers information (Meyl). It's too easy for them to slip people little furfies.
                                Cheers
                                Alway use/check original source(s)
                                Originally posted by zilano
                                @ boguslaw

understand and ponder!

attachment uploaded also for everyone to see
                                back to basics

http://www.teslasociety.ch/info/handwerker/colde.pdf

rgds

zzzz
                                Thanks for the pdf!

You can also check Meyl books on this. Using Tesla coils and LEDs on 2 VOLTS and signal generator (MHz !!!!).

Best regards

Comment

Working...
                                X