Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drak View Post
    Well, it seems I don't have a center tapped 12-0-12 transformer. So cognito's h-bridge idea sounds like a good idea. Anyone have any suggestions on parts or a circuit for h-bridge able to handle 120vdc input?
    A good diagram for drive 120v is with IR2155 or IR2153 or IR21531 and two IRFP450 . This work at 500v 18Amp. The diagram looks like Dynatron’s diagram which is half bridge, not full bridge. Dynatron wants sine wave on his coil transformer and the load is between mos fets and two 1000 microF capacitors.
    Because the 1000uf capacitor charge and discharge will be sine wave on the load (on the primary).
    So , change Dynatron’s diagram and supply IR2153 with 12v and mos fets with 120v-400v , change those two capacitor instead 1000uf just 100uF/ 400v, change the time capacitor for IR2153, for have 60Hz, to 47-100nF.

Comment

• Cool, found an easier way, I took apart a 400w inverter 12vdc to 120vac (Walmart Black&Decker), found the 200v cap after the point where the 12v is bumped up to 170volts. I injected my 2uf cap there, seems to work ok. The vibrator circuit runs off of the 170v too, so worked out well. Got a modified sine wave. Well, at first it was modified sine wave then it slowly turned into just a square wave. I think because my 2uf was getting over or under charged. Any how I was at least lighting my 6 watt 120vac bulb again. Maybe I should yank out that electrolytic cap and put in the 2uf instead, and use the full wave bridge built on the inverter. Hmmmm. Anyhow, still playing with it but just something to think about.

Comment

• drak
        where did you get the adjustable caps?
        Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
          drak
          where did you get the adjustable caps?
          Variable Tuning & Load Capacitors at RF Parts Company

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• hi nico, my friends call me nico to!! jejeje

can you share the diagram of dynatron that you are talking about? the one that was shared in the last pages does not mention any transistors! also does not mention the FB driving circuit.. can you please share?

my doubt was how does the voltage step down from his high voltage secondary to reach the 400V 1000uF caps without overcharge them...

Originally posted by nico View Post
              A good diagram for drive 120v is with IR2155 or IR2153 or IR21531 and two IRFP450 . This work at 500v 18Amp. The diagram looks like Dynatron’s diagram which is half bridge, not full bridge. Dynatron wants sine wave on his coil transformer and the load is between mos fets and two 1000 microF capacitors.
              Because the 1000uf capacitor charge and discharge will be sine wave on the load (on the primary).
              So , change Dynatron’s diagram and supply IR2153 with 12v and mos fets with 120v-400v , change those two capacitor instead 1000uf just 100uF/ 400v, change the time capacitor for IR2153, for have 60Hz, to 47-100nF.
              Last edited by TanTric; 10-07-2011, 04:37 PM.
              Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

• my setup

as promissed here is the video:

Playing Around - YouTube

I used a bifilar Primary and connected a small 220V 40W light bulb on one of those coils (acting as secondary), the secondary (6turns) is feeding a 12V 20W small light bulb...

at the end of the video i show a cap charge of 10 seconds directly from the 6 turns secondary with diodes and then the discharge (Boom), if i let them charge for 30 seconds it is really scary Burst!! and if i use the FWBR it almost double!

tryed to feed the energy from the cap bank to my ferrite transformer (220V to 12V) connected in paralel ressonance to 60Hz but cannot get nothing on the output! any suggestion?
                Last edited by TanTric; 10-07-2011, 03:32 PM.
                Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

• Originally posted by TanTric View Post

Playing Around - YouTube

I used a bifilar Primary and connected a small 220V 40W light bulb on one of those coils (acting as secondary), the secondary (6turns) is feeding a 12V 20W small light bulb...

at the end of the video i show a cap charge of 10 seconds directly from the 6 turns secondary with diodes and then the discharge (Boom), if i let them charge for 30 seconds it is really scary Burst!! and if i use the FWBR it almost double!

tryed to feed the energy from the cap bank to my ferrite transformer (220V to 12V) connected in paralel ressonance to 60Hz but cannot get nothing on the output! any suggestion?
                  Am I right that you are using ccw wound secondary, you need the cw and ccw to make electricity.
                  Beautiful
                  Dave

Comment

• hi dave thank you so much

yes my secondary is 3T CW + 3T CCW ... if i connect only 3T it will work o.k. to...

Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                    Am I right that you are using ccw wound secondary, you need the cw and ccw to make electricity.
                    Beautiful
                    Dave
                    Light, I Am!

Comment

• Oh I see its hard to tell from the vid,
                      awesome, great job, How is your bifilar primary hooked up
                      Dave

Comment

• dave, the bifilar is just a simple solenoid with 40 turns 20+20 CW i left there a tap in the middle so i can experiment with it... one winding of the bifilar is the primary, the other winding is where i connect the 220V 40W light bulb (acting like 1 to 1 transformer)...

and the small 12V 20W light bulb is connected to the 3(cw)+3(ccw) secondary...

im using earth ground on the negative side of my primary spark gap with a capacitor acting like shunt, and also putted a cap in the secondary earth ground connection... the circuit is much more stable like that (less oscilations on the input)!!

peace

@ALL i need a NST in europe please :]

Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                        Oh I see its hard to tell from the vid,
                        awesome, great job, How is your bifilar primary hooked up
                        Dave
                        Last edited by TanTric; 10-07-2011, 04:25 PM.
                        Light, I Am!

Comment

Playing Around - YouTube
                          On 2:05 seems you have resonance point - now attach 50/60 hz interrupter and you will have high frequency carrier running your needed frequency. Then feed that into 50/60 hz LC resonant circuit and voila, you will have output

P.S> You need to feed only half-wave into 50/60Hz resonant circuit, the another half should be running by its own.

Comment

• "now attach 50/60 hz interrupter and you will have high frequency carrier running your needed frequency"

can you explain this better?

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                            On 2:05 seems you have resonance point - now attach 50/60 hz interrupter and you will have high frequency carrier running your needed frequency. Then feed that into 50/60 hz LC resonant circuit and voila, you will have output

P.S> You need to feed only half-wave into 50/60Hz resonant circuit, the another half should be running by its own.
                            Light, I Am!

Comment

• zelina, my trafo is ferrite core, so i guess it should work o.k on high frequency's??

what cap value do you suggest after the FWBR? can i use my 400V 1000uF cap?

i have lots of 12V and 220V relay's, would love if you can share a schematic explaining better how to do that? sory im just a newbie...

in what stage should i connect the varistor to lower the voltage?

thank you so much, you are awesome

Originally posted by zilano
                              when u feed high frequency to iron core trafo the core saturates and magnetic field gets cancelled so no output. u have to lower frequency. make dc with fwbr and use caps to store power use a 12 volt relay with cap combination to oscillate lesser cycles and try to connect iron cored trafo. or use 555 timer with relay combination to get 60 hz or 50 hz accordingly. when frequency is low and voltage is 250v or 120 volt ac then u will see real power. use metal oxide varistor MOV to lower voltage with one end of mov earthed to ground then use relay to operate ur iron cored trafo. u can use push pull combination also.

rgds

zelina
                              Light, I Am!

Comment

hi nico, my friends call me nico to!! jejeje

can you share the diagram of dynatron that you are talking about? the one that was shared in the last pages does not mention any transistors! also does not mention the FB driving circuit.. can you please share?

my doubt was how does the voltage step down from his high voltage secondary to reach the 400V 1000uF caps without overcharge them...
                                Is for 120V DC supply from secondary.
                                I believe you have just 12v in secondary. If is a variable voltage you can use a varistor and after that diodes or bridge for have DC and capacitors.
                                Last edited by nico; 10-07-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X