Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
    Your right a cap does deliver a powerful discharge and jumps the spark gap, the spark gaps job is to stop the bemf, thats what was hurting people when the system was turned off.
    When a coil is turned off the E field that is orbiting the coil callapses into the coil windings.
    By putting a spark gap before the primary the E field cant enter the coil windings because the path is blocked so it surges into the magnetic field, creating the explosive shock wave you mentioned.
    I love you guy's and together we can find the answers.
    Thrive Coming Soon
    Dave
    This is how a Tesla coil works, but the secondary of a Tesla coil only catch's one side of the E field.
    The Don Smith secondary's with thier opposing wind directions are catching both sides of the E field, as it collapses.
    Dave
    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Could you imagine the power from a Don Smith device the size of a large Tesla coil
      Dave
      This is also why a Tesla coil isnt being used for overunity, your only catching one side of the field.
      Dave

Comment

• All the Tesla coil builders would need to do would be to wind an opposing secondary and arrange their system like Don Smith's.
        Dave

Comment

• Be careful when the right combination is found this wont be the high voltage your used to playing with, it will kill.
          Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
            This is kinda crazy but just for ****zngigles try hooking a DC Smith device up like you would two battery's.

Hooking up the secondary's in this manner will determine if its particles or electrons, if this arrangement works then they are particles if it doesn't then they are electrons.
            Dave
            This really needs to be checked out it would tell us if the particles orbiting the coil in the E field are electrons or sub electrons.
            Dave
            The DC must be pulsed.
            Last edited by Dave45; 10-03-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
              the cw and ccw coil works in combination to counteract bemf produced by cw coil. so it produces pure vector. when pure vector (thats voltage) stepped down produces power required to glow lamps powerfully. when voltage is high lamps dont light up bright coz current doesnt go thru wire of bulb it just travel on surface of the wire or literally jumping across the two electrodes of the bulb. the bulb glows with white light and doesnt heat up. when u lower voltage the current goes thru the wire of bulb and bulb glows and produce heat and light.

rgds
              zzzz
              I guess you could say their counteracting the bemf, its working with what we call bemf instead of working against it.
              And yes the voltage may need to be stepped down, but remember Don said you could lower the input and therefor lower the output if the voltage and amps are sufficient.
              Dave

Comment

Hi folks!

spark gap is current amplifier. the xcess power u get in a resonance system is due to spark gap. one can use lightening arrestor also. electrons need to jump between two points so extra electrons or i must rather say particles with speeds faster than light can couple with the jumping electrons giving rise to xcess energy.

TIMMING OF SPARK GAP CAN BE DONE BY FEEDING WITH A DIODE FROM THE PRIMARY ACROSS SPARK GAP WITH +VE FEED BACK. SO SYSTEM OF SPARKING KNOWS WHEN OSCILLATIONS NEED TO BE REFUELLED AGAIN WHEN THE OSCILLATIONS IN THE PRIMARY FADES. GIVING CONTINUOUS FLOW. TREAT SPARK GAP AS AN OPEN THERMOIONIC TUBE AND DIODE ACTS AS GATE OR BASE IN CASE OF A TRANSISTOR. SPARK IS A VOLTAGE OPERATED DEVICE UNLIKE ITS COUNTERPART TRANSISTOR. SPARK GAP IS CURRENT AMPLIFIER MUCH LIKE A THERMIONIC VALVE.

REGARDS

ZELINA ZILANO ZEIS ZANE!
                thanks for your continued input. I hope you don't mind that I am going to try to quote any of your posts and I encourage others to do so as I've done here so we don't lose your posts the 'Mad Hatter deleter'
                There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Nomograph Schnomograph

If you're like me, you HATE the Reactance Nomograph. Use the calculator on the site below to get your numbers.

One-Stop shopping!!

Reactance calculator R L C inductance inductor capacitance capacitor frequency - sengpielaudio

Duane
                  Dude, you're curving my space-time.

Comment

• zilano, dynatron is doing precisly what you sayd (step down to low frequency output)... 3.5mH inductor with 9400uF cap gives 27.75Hz

one doubt please! is this diode (in the red circle) going from the negative to positive side connected to the inductor &spark gap, that makes the voltage to step down for the 400V buffer caps?

Originally posted by zilano

DON OUTPUT TRAFO

don used ferrite cored trafo and pulsed half wave dc thru spark gap OR DIODE to a coil combo of trafo with L of trafo with a suitable cap for 60 hz triggering. since its half wave input but at the output u get full wave coz of back emf.

U NEED A BUFFER(TEMPORARY STORAGE AREA) ALSO AND HERE BUFFER IS CAPACITOR BEFORE THE OUTPUT TRAFO IN DON CIRCUIT. SPARKS R LIKE RAINDROPS FALLING AND U NEED A BUCKET TO STORE THEM SO UR CAP IS THE BUCKET OR ENERGY RESERVOIR THAT KEEPS PUMPING TO TRAFO WITH LIKE A BATTERY THAT TRIGGERS COL OF TRAFO CONSTANTLY WITH SPARK OR A DIODE. ONE SPARK GAP IS MUST IN THE CIRCUIT TO COLLECT THE ENERGY DROPS. AND DROPS MAKE A POND REMEMBER.

ZELINA ZILANO ZEIS ZANE

Last edited by TanTric; 10-02-2011, 09:22 PM.
                    Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

• Originally posted by deggers View Post
                      If you're like me, you HATE the Reactance Nomograph. Use the calculator on the site below to get your numbers.

One-Stop shopping!!

Reactance calculator R L C inductance inductor capacitance capacitor frequency - sengpielaudio

Duane

Thank You!

Comment

• Originally posted by deggers View Post

One-Stop shopping!!

Duane
                        Thank you,

So lets say I have 33khz output and I want to drop it to 60hz. In the frequency field do I enter 60hz or 33khz? The inductance I would assume is the inductance of the primary of the isolation transformer. And that will give the cap and resistor needed?

Comment

• Don Smith device Just testing 5 - YouTube

Ok, in this video I was floating my battery with the power supply, I had the current limited on the power supply 2A 13.4v. So when powering the device the battery was staying charged because of the power supply. The bulbs I was playing with was 12v DC 50watts. Input to the system was 12-27 watts adjustable with the spark gap. I went like Zilano said directly from the nst to a step down. Adjusting the spark gap also adjusts output voltage because it was a series spark gap.

The weird thing about the output, is the voltage level on the scope before the full wave bridge and after it. BEFORE the FWB, I get only about 70-170 (adjustable) volts. AFTER the FWB I get about 250 to I'm guessing 1000v (adjustable). Maybe someone can explain that. Before the FWB I get the standard ring down waveform. After the FWB, I get the ring up waveform. The bulb seems to be a little dimmer though after the FWB then before. Standard 120v bulbs will not light at all, not even the little 6 watt one I have however a 12vDC 50watt bulb will? Confused. Maybe the bulbs are frequency dependent? Both coils were resonant at 32.9khz (which took almost every capacitor I had). I used a ferrite core made of the little rods you seen in the video, I just taped them all together to make a bigger rod. BTW, use insulation on your ferrite core, I forgot the ferrite can shock you.

Near the end of the video I took the other bulb same wattage and ran it directly from the power supply. It was a little dimmer then output from the smith coil. Thats a plus I think. The camera really makes the bulbs look brighter then they are. Primary was 14 guage house wire 46 turns 20 feet, and the secondary was the 8 guage jumper cable wire 3 turns 5 feet each coil. Slowly getting there.

Thanks for all your help Zilano. I'm just a slow learner.

Comment

enter 60 hz and enter the value of primary of ur trafo

zzzz
                            Cool, thank you

Comment

• Zilano

Hi Folks!

TIP: SPARK CAN BE GENERATED AT 350 VOLT ALSO AND 350 VOLT IS MANAGEABLE VOLTAGE.

REGARDS

ZELINA ZILANO ZEIS ZANE

IN SENSE AND SANE!

So you're saying we can achieve this OU effect at lower voltages, less than 1KV?
                              Thanks

Comment

• Zilano,

Can I use just a standard 120v to 12vdc transformer as a isolation just for testing? I have a bunch of them, or do I have to make my own? I measured 123.41mH for the input to a transformer I had laying around. That gave me:

57.014774 uF cap
                                and 46.52 ohms reactance.

Does that mean that I need a resistor at 46 ohms and a cap at 57uF across the transformer leads, and can I hook that up directly to my stepdown output? Do I need a diode? I suppose I should just check the archives before asking, lol

what dc voltage u r having in the output after FWBR?
                                Originally posted by drak View Post
                                The weird thing about the output, is the voltage level on the scope before the full wave bridge and after it. BEFORE the FWB, I get only about 70-170 (adjustable) volts. AFTER the FWB I get about 250 to I'm guessing 1000v (adjustable).
                                I posted a video back there in case you missed it

Comment

Working...
                                X