Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dllabarre View Post
    "Tesla matched the total weight of the primary and secondary windings so the two would be in a state of resonance."

So if I take it one step further and factor in 1/4 wave length I have:
    6 awg 79.65 lbs/1000 feet
    12 awg 19.8 lbs/1000 feet

If I use 12 awg for secondary at 4 times length of primary = 19.8 x 4 = 79.2 lbs
    The total weight is the same and I create a 1/4 wave length effect.
    All in resonance.

Comments anyone?
    best use coils from the same manufacturer to increase the odds of resonance but fantastic new info
    Last edited by MonsieurM; 09-21-2011, 04:02 PM.
    Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
      Brilliant ! Keep going, your atoms from primary link directly to atoms on secondary
      exactly my thought
      Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Originally posted by dllabarre View Post
        "Tesla matched the total weight of the primary and secondary windings so the two would be in a state of resonance."

So if I take it one step further and factor in 1/4 wave length I have:
        6 awg 79.65 lbs/1000 feet
        12 awg 19.8 lbs/1000 feet

If I use 12 awg for secondary at 4 times length of primary = 19.8 x 4 = 79.2 lbs
        The total weight is the same and I create a 1/4 wave length effect.
        All in resonance.

Comments anyone?
        Great info!

So the reversed coils (primary and secondary) can be exactly calculated for resonance and input and output(wire thickness,voltage,amps) needs?

Best Regards

Comment

• Diodes

@ Cognito

What happens when diodes are used to charge the caps on double frequency?

Well these diodes should be there anyway (in flybacks they are fixed), but i forgot to draw them in, sorry about that.
          I have corrected the drawings
          But as we need pulsed DC, we need them, but it will not make any difference here.

Regards Itsu
          Last edited by Itsu; 09-22-2011, 09:11 AM. Reason: diodes added to drawings

Comment

• I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the actual diode types we want for the NST output/s and for the HV FWBR ?

I'm thinking these microwave diodes for the NST output.
            4pcs HVM12 Microwave Oven High Voltage Diode Rectifier | eBay

And something like these for the HV FWBR 100ns 10 Kv 1 Amp
            1A 10kV High Voltage Diode HV Rectifier, Tesla coil Ham | eBay

Seems to be truckloads of cheap HV diodes to buy. Or boat loads maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
              now we lower frequency

if we desire frequency 120 cps(60 up and 60 down)
              then R =T/C
              =120/.008
              =15000 ohms
              =15 Kohm(15 kilo ohm) wattage to be calculated by finding voltage and amperes. Since P=VxI
              So we need a 28.8kw resistor? Which voltage and amps are we multiplying here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the actual diode types we want for the NST output/s and for the HV FWBR ?

I'm thinking these microwave diodes for the NST output.
                4pcs HVM12 Microwave Oven High Voltage Diode Rectifier | eBay

And something like these for the HV FWBR 100ns 10 Kv 1 Amp
                1A 10kV High Voltage Diode HV Rectifier, Tesla coil Ham | eBay

Seems to be truckloads of cheap HV diodes to buy. Or boat loads maybe.
                Use something like the 5408's and stack them to the voltage you need. These are 1000 volt 3 amp, there are better ones out there. 15kv at 3amp would require a series of 15 of them as an example.

Some microwave diodes are good to 15kv but will only handle .75 amp which might be fine depending on what your using them for. Look at some of the Vishay diodes for a fast recovery time and high amperage/voltage as well. I think the 5408's are good for a couple Mhz where some of the Vishay's will run much higher frequencies if needed.

I set them up inside a PVC tube, easy to drill wire and solder and it makes them fairly compact.
                Last edited by dragon; 09-22-2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Dragon very good tip. I'm out of almost all 3 amp diodes. I'll get some.

Anyway here is my crazy idea to replace a neon sign transformer, this way everything is repairable and replaceable, this is only a rough sketch the circuitry involved will need to be a bit more complex of course. I think to have the ignition coils do half frequency each wired in parallel. With voltage pulse width and frequency variable to them to manipulate the input voltage and current to the main primary circuit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think if each coil can throughput 1 amp it is still only low input power though maybe too low. Dunno.

I'm thinking about doing this.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Zilano,

Interesting RF meters you posted!

I see those meters have a minimum frequency range starting at 10MHz and up to GHz.

Will you give a hint what the frequency is of your coils?

Don always said that we need to start at the required output power needed. It depends on the storage capacitor value and we calculate the frequency needed to maintain the wattage. Calculations are from output to input stage.

Best Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                      Thanks Dragon very good tip. I'm out of almost all 3 amp diodes. I'll get some.

Anyway here is my crazy idea to replace a neon sign transformer, this way everything is repairable and replaceable, this is only a rough sketch the circuitry involved will need to be a bit more complex of course. I think to have the ignition coils do half frequency each wired in parallel. With voltage pulse width and frequency variable to them to manipulate the input voltage and current to the main primary circuit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think if each coil can throughput 1 amp it is still only low input power though maybe too low. Dunno.

I'm thinking about doing this.

Cheers
                      Farmhand, that looks quite interesting. Should work reasonably well. Do you have any output specs on the ignition coils voltage and current? You could do away with all the circuitry, wire them to an AC outlet and use a rheostat to control voltage. You can also use a cap in series with them between the coil and the AC input to control current.

If you set it up like tesla's patent 609,250 with the cap and coil it will use less input energy also. His simple ignition circuit reveals a considerable amount of knowledge....
                      Last edited by dragon; 09-22-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• @ all,

Has someone a better picture quality of this system made by Don?

Best Regards
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Zilano

When will you be selling your design plans and specifications for the 10kw home unit?

Cheers Mike
                          Last edited by vrand; 09-22-2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Hi Zelina !

I agree with mike, just give us your
                            price and your Paypal address
                            So let's go for FE and farewell to oil industry !

Cheers !

Comment

• Dear All,

Have a look at what Tiger2007 is presenting:
                              Опыты tiger2007 по изобретению Т. Капанадзе
                              Is it in any way familiar?

Regards,

yfree
                              Last edited by yfree; 09-22-2011, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Drak!

make dc and filter ie hvdc and pulse with Hvdc in series with spark gap to a coil and cap having frequency 60 hz(aircoil) and feed the two terminals of the coil to ur ironcore trafo.

Ok, will try that! Thank you ((()))

How high of DC voltage are we talking? 120v or 1000v or 10000v? Well, it would at least have to be over 350 volts or it won't spark, I'll try 1,200 that way I can test with a basic 10:1 transformer I have lying around here.
                                Last edited by drak; 09-22-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X