Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok here's the theory I'm going by.

This is the Tesla disruptive discharge coil.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Which is from this book Page 173, further down is all the stuff Don says we need to
    understand to do anything we want. This is downloadable for free. So far.
    The inventions, researches and writings of Nikola Tesla, with special reference to his work in polyphase currents and high potential lighting : Martin, Thomas Commerford, 1856-1924 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Obviously the coil above has it's secondaries wound opposite. So I might be wrong.
    However the important difference is that I don't think he was using the two
    HV terminals of this coil joined together and with reference to the center tap
    and ground as the other side of an AC source.

And he obviously has the two leads from both primaries exiting the box in the
    drawing below so, two primaries to use in different ways. He used it all kinds
    of ways.

Here's a different drawing it's meant to go in a box full of oil.

And I'm fairly sure he was using AC to drive it with a circuit like this. Which appears
    to have two primaries in series with the spark gap between them.
    Strange circuit. Series caps.

So I think Don has used his initiative and designed a HV DC Tesla style primary circuit
    and combined it with a modified center tapped/dual secondary wired to
    charge caps between both end terminals and the center, with the ability to
    adjust the V/A ratio by moving the primary, and I think he tuned the primary
    cap value so to achieve maximum resonance while powering the load.

As he stated, this particular device is primitive, and I think any change in load
    will require a change in tuning to maintain resonance.

Cheers
    Last edited by Farmhand; 09-18-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
      As he stated this particular device is primitive and I think any change in load
      will require a change in tuning to maintain resonance.
      You are right, like in any resonance cirquit. Tesla already knew about this.
      Another thing Don Smith never adresed giving impression
      he could put any load on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zlatko View Post
        You are right, like in any resonance cirquit. Tesla already knew about this.
        Another thing Don Smith never adresed giving impression
        he could put any load on.

This may well be true, but I think if a constant (fixed) load can be drawn it
        can be used outside the system any desired way. Theoretically the load
        doesn't need to be filament globes run from AC 120 60Hz the load could 40 or
        50 fluro lights and be run from a spark gapped capacitor discharge through a
        step down transformer.

There should be no need for any resonance tuning between the output
        transformer and the resonant coils. The resonant coils just need to be tuned
        while connected and the desired load is being drawn, if the correct calculations were done it
        could be determined very closely for a given load. I think.

The Ability of the setup to keep the caps charged while working in full
        resonance should be good. And when those HV caps are discharged "stepped down"
        the energy stored in a capacitor rules will apply and can be determiined also.

Cheers

Oh and remember if the NST can output 360 watts that's equilivent to 3 amps
        at 120 volts, straight out of the NST. And that's 30 amps or so from a 12 volt battery.
        Believe it or not a new 12 volt 7 amp hour battery can do that for a few minutes,
        they do in Uninterruptable Power Supply's "UPS's". Not good for them
        though, to long and they rupture. I've seen the result of it.

Last edited by Farmhand; 09-18-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
          Your experience is very important ! Can you post a picture how you placed everything ? First I'm very interested how you was able to measure frequency of NST from plasma discharge ? Do you mean spark gap ? How is it combined with NST ? I'm asking because I thought that it is impossible to measure output frequency that way because if I short my flyback with spark gap it seems to change frequency depending on air gap.

Second - I think - you are "in bussiness" like Don Smith said ! Your scope shots have shown resonant rise as pictured in Don video from 1996.

I think this is very important because one of the main problems with Don setup is spark gap - there is no resonance in primary due to spark gap acting as a "dirty hole" spreading energy in sound and light around. It's like a swing , when a few people trying to push it from two sides and it simply cannot speed up because they are not "synchronized".

If your spark gap is no messsing with frequencies then it may work like it should - to break at the peak of wave - this is imho the most important stage eveybody is failing at.
          I was measuring it at the point when it is just a bluish purple stream, no sound of a spark, just a high pitched sound. You might be right, I didn't change the distance as I was measuring it. Whenever I pulled the wires too far apart it would throw the overload protection and I have to remove power to the nst and wait a couple seconds before reapplying. It would probably be easier for me to just make a video to answer your questions.

On another note, today I completely removed the primary from inside of the secondaries and I'm still getting that waveform So I guess its not the coils combined.

Comment

• That does appear to be a resonant rise, although it appears to be linear. A parametric rise is exponential like trumpet...goes up fast.

I would love to understand what is stopping the rise. Is it discharging?

I have pretty much convinced myself that is how they are getting 50Hz. Start a self-powering oscillation, which grows to a discharge threshold. Bang. Repeat with a new spark. The output discharge rate is what defines the output frequency.

Comment

• boguslaw,

This is how I measure my nst frequency. Not sure if this is the correct way to do it.

Measuring NST frequency - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by LtBolo View Post
                That does appear to be a resonant rise, although it appears to be linear. A parametric rise is exponential like trumpet...goes up fast.

I have pretty much convinced myself that is how they are getting 50Hz. Start a self-powering oscillation, which grows to a discharge threshold. Bang. Repeat with a new spark. The output discharge rate is what defines the output frequency.
                I thought the 50 or 60 Hz from the output is simply made by the frequency of the inverter circuit switching the output step down transformer from the HV caps.

50 or 60 Hz would be the switching speed for the inverter circuit to make the AC from the HV DC.

Comment

• Originally posted by drak View Post
                  boguslaw,

This is how I measure my nst frequency. Not sure if this is the correct way to do it.

Measuring NST frequency - YouTube
                  Cool little NST, looks to me like you measured it good.

Comment

• videos

Here is the link to all the videos that was on a removed post.
                    Freeenergyinventions

Comment

• Originally posted by LtBolo View Post
                      That does appear to be a resonant rise, although it appears to be linear. A parametric rise is exponential like trumpet...goes up fast.

Don Smith device Just testing 4 - YouTube

I believe you are correct. I think thats just the charging of the capacitors because the frequency of the increase is the same as the nst. I think the spark is what stops it. Oh well, for my next trick, I'm going to lower the coils to the resonant frequency of the nst 32.8khz (if I have enough caps).

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                        the wave pattern u got is resonance and its from the coils. since u used caps on primary and secondary ur resonant condition is maintained. ur primary is radio transmitting station and ur secondary is radio recieving station. so even if u keep primary far apart from secondary it will keep transmitting and secondary will be resonating with ur primary thats the magic of rf resonant frequency. all u need is to use diode now and attach a storage cap and then try to light ur bulb after cap. since its hf and hv so amps wont appear as much as after making dc with storage cap as constant amperage device. u r on right track and one step away from success. the real amp harvest and show is when u use ironcored trafo as iron cored trafo is closely coupled and u will be having a whopping output.
                        but u must know wot voltage u will be having in ur secondary output to couple it with trafo primary with suitable spark gap in series to pulse trafo

good luck!
                        a bit of image helps Thanks Z

Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

the wave pattern u got is resonance and its from the coils. since u used caps on primary and secondary ur resonant condition is maintained. ur primary is radio transmitting station and ur secondary is radio recieving station. so even if u keep primary far apart from secondary it will keep transmitting and secondary will be resonating with ur primary thats the magic of rf resonant frequency. all u need is to use diode now and attach a storage cap and then try to light ur bulb after cap. since its hf and hv so amps wont appear as much as after making dc with storage cap as constant amperage device. u r on right track and one step away from success. the real amp harvest and show is when u use ironcored trafo as iron cored trafo is closely coupled and u will be having a whopping output.
                          but u must know wot voltage u will be having in ur secondary output to couple it with isolation trafo (step down) primary(able to handle secondary output voltage) with suitable cap for 60 hz(in parallel with primary of trafo) and spark gap in series to pulse trafo. tune the pulsing with spark gap adjustment for fine tunning 60 hz frequency.
                          Thanks zilano! I will have to study what you just said. Give me time

Ok, I'm not sure what my voltage is on my secondary. I know that it changes with spark gap adjustment because when I increase the spark gap distance sparks will jump the base of the bulbs on the secondary. I'll figure out someway to check it. I could always use one of my other step down coil sets just to check voltage. My only problem is finding a iron cored transformer to step down a that high of voltage. I guess I will have to make that my self. I believe one of your old posts told how to calculate what cap is required to drop the frequency, will have to check the archive. Ok, more figuring to do.

Thanks again zilano
                          Last edited by drak; 09-18-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

WELL EARTH UR SECONDARY AT THE MIDDLE JOIN. IT WILL STABILIZE VOLTAGE. HOW MANY TURNS U R HAVING IN PRIMARY N SECONDARY?

Primary 3

Secondary, depends on if you mean total. I have 19 turns on my CW coil and 19 turns on my CCW coil. So is that 19 or 38?

Comment

ur nst is 7.5kv

so
                              3 ÷
                              --------------------------
                              2,500 =volts per turn in primary

19 turns ins econdary one limb

2,500 ×
                              47,500 = volt in one limb of secondary

47,500 =

2 ×
                              95,000 = volts across two limbs of secondary

if u joined both external limbs of secondary then ur final voltage is

47,500 volts

47.5KV

Actually that nst is 4,500kv so final is 28500. But doesn't changing primary spark gap throw the voltage off a little? When I widen the spark gap on primary I get bigger sparks on secondary. Either way, I get your point. Now to make a iron core transformer to step down 28500 volts... Any suggestions on how to do this? Tear an old transformer apart and rewind it? I probably could order a blank core?

Thanks
                              Last edited by drak; 09-18-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Yes I have (1) 7.5kv (2) 4.5kv and (1) 2kv. In my last video I used the 4.5kv. When I buy I like to buy a variety. A lot of my money goes towards FE. Reason being, I have a habit of blowing stuff up.

Last edited by drak; 09-18-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X