Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vrand View Post
    Hi All,

Attached is an update to Zilano's Summary Design that includes most of Zilano's diagrams that I could find. Please let me know if you found an additional diagram and I will include it .

Cheers Mike
    Thanks so much for your work in putting together that summary! Great help.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Originally posted by cognito
      I'm new here on this forum and very interested in Don devices especially the device on the attached picture.

I'm curious if someone can elaborate how this type of device may operate without a sparkgap.

On this picture an isolation transformer is not shown.

Sparkgap has all frequencies in a bandwidth range where the LC resonance could be. When there is no sparkgap the device should have one selected resonance frequency from the HV transformer to the capacitor and isolation transformer.

Don mentions a iso-transformer connected to a capacitor. This capacitor is at resonance with the iso-transformer. Typical 50-60Hz. If we want high energy at the output of the iso-transformer he said that he used a very big one because of the mains frequency generation and large currents.

The device operates in my opinion as a electron pump from the earth (negative) on a resonance LC circuit. When there's is load, the resonance frequency is changed so the load should be know first when it's is activated.

Br,
      Cognito
      Exactly my thoughts! Electron pump. I have also a few questions about picture you posted , maybe somebody can explain.

Why those large capacitors have 3 terminals ? How they are connected then ? In series or parallel or somehow strange ?

What is that strange device at bottom ? (I placed ? there)

Can we draw schematic of this device ? I don't see spark gap here and anything like primary /secondary pair - EXCEPT neon sign transformer !

Comment

• Sorry, I forgot picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
          Sorry, I forgot picture.
          "?" is standard electrical connector, like in this picture.

About 3 terminal cap:
          Unlike conventional two terminal capacitors which have high residual inductance within the lead wires, thereby impeding the path of high frequency noise to ground, a three terminal capacitor forms a T-filter providing high inductance in series with the line, via two integral ferrite beads, and low inductance to ground via the bypass capacitor. Thus they provide increased attenuation with frequency over conventional decoupling capacitors
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Zlatko; 09-07-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• boguslaw, I'm going to just take a guess here but based on some very old caps I've got I'll guess those big caps with 3 terminals are just a dual capacitor in one box. One terminal is the common and the other two are each an individual capacitor just housed in one box.
            There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Originally posted by Zlatko View Post
              "?" is standard electrical connector, like in this picture.

About 3 terminal cap:
              Ok,Thanks. Still there is connection to this connector which is going to NST probably and whcih is not clearly visible on picture but anyway this all looks like Don's circuit part around primary coil.That would mean we could just use big huge nst alone without spark gap, primary/secondary but only with diodes and output caps . Interesting.

Comment

Ok,Thanks. Still there is connection to this connector which is going to NST probably and whcih is not clearly visible on picture but anyway this all looks like Don's circuit part around primary coil.That would mean we could just use big huge nst alone without spark gap, primary/secondary but only with diodes and output caps . Interesting.
                Zoom in on left connector bar, looks like lightning arrestor across there too.
                So is not sure, if this setup dont use spark gap.

Comment

• Scope yep

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                  h2ocommuter, I'm not up to speed yet on this thread but do you have an oscilloscope? That can help in finding resonance of a transformer. If not o-scopes are cheap for used 20Mhz ones and that should do for this application.

I'm wondering if this NST I picked up years ago when I was reading Don Smith's book would be a good choice:

12KV Franceformer and yep that's how those are spelled
                  Hi ewizard,

Yes I did pick up a cheep scope to learn with and to sacrifice if I made any big mistakes. It still works well and i never try to display anything that I cannot keep inside the spectrum of the crt.

I did get resonance befor with my globe well lets say i really had it peaking well a couple of times but I did not know what it was so i just went around it.

now i realize it was moving tward resonance but I would associat it only about 1 magnitude above the 10X probe reading. it was a solid signal but I did not know what I was loking for.

ZZZZ has a good grasp on this information, so all of her literature in this thread is invaluable to the serious researcher.

No the 12K would be an awefully large transformer to use for a first go round. the large commercial unit don displayed when he did the suitcase device was abut 12 KV. with the big Delta caps. no that should be later... But he was displaying that large center tap NST too.

I am having a hard enough time figuring out my own friend; and I am taking lessons from Z anyway trying to make my own candle first.

If you associat the words in post 138 you will come to realize how much output you are talking about with that big 12KV. nst
                  There is so much testing I have not done. you can adjust the input of that NST and maybe squeese it down all you need but I do not know. Lets keep it simple untill we know what to do.......

I like the idea for winding my own. I have two toroid ferrite cores I bought. 2 1/2" jobbies. I might just associate the dementionalities and build my own.

Good luck God Speed
                  Get your hands dirty now and then.

Comment

Exactly my thoughts! Electron pump. I have also a few questions about picture you posted , maybe somebody can explain.

Why those large capacitors have 3 terminals ? How they are connected then ? In series or parallel or somehow strange ?

What is that strange device at bottom ? (I placed ? there)

Can we draw schematic of this device ? I don't see spark gap here and anything like primary /secondary pair - EXCEPT neon sign transformer !
                    This is also the setup I'm gathering the parts for.

The 3 terminals on top of the large capacitors are normally used in 3 fase power systems, inside the case are a couple of mpp capacitors connected in parallel to get the high capacity. These caps are rated high and Don uses them in parallel so thats a high capacity. I'm thinking Don uses a very big isolation transformer behind this setup to get 60Hz resonance. I'm starting with 1KVA isolation transformer and dimmable old fashion iron cored 9KV neon transformer.

My 380V input side of the isolation transformer has 342mH. In theory it should resonate with 20.57uF so I'm starting with 2x40uF series with 3x2uF series in parallel to get 20.6666uF so that's very close. Will test this with freq generator first. Also getting a varistor to limit the volts on 370 in this tank.
                    Last edited by webmug; 09-08-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• The device make no sense, there is no resonance.
                      It has no primary capaciter (and no secondary capacitor before rectifier), so the transformer is pulsed with
                      NST frequence and the big DC caps are charged at the same frequency.
                      If there is OU in this, then any high voltage transformer station by electric power company would happily bring it to your house
                      They use big wires too.
                      But if you build tis, please report your results.
                      Last edited by Zlatko; 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cognito
                        Hi Zlatko,

Yes this device makes no sense, but I'm trying to figure it out.

This resonance is in the capacitor and iso-transformer (iso not seen on picture).
                        You could be right on the frequency (60Hz) from the HV transformer.
                        This is fed through the HV diodes and pulses the capacitor and iso.

It is a AC resonance setup.

Does the electric power company use resonance?

Br,
                        Cognito
                        Why is device then so different from others?
                        No resonance on primary, no resonance on secondary.
                        Then ,as you suggest, only resonance on not visible output transformer?
                        How to set exact resonance frequency with such caps?

What capacitance would you use for calculation?

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                          [/COLOR]

this single capacitor is charged by L1 and L2 and is placed b4 isolation transformer 480 volts or if L1 and L2 r not used its directly charged with dual diode input with nst directly. and T=L/R and T=RC used. each half wave of nst charges n discharges the cap and that timming is related to 60 hz pulsing of isolation transformer. so resonance is happening in nst can be used directly to charge and discharge cap and pulse the isolation transformer.

rgds

?
                          But now you talk about a 60 Hz NST correct (not the 30kHz type) ?
                          Rectifying diodes won't support an AC oscillation, so how can there be resonance between NST and cap?
                          Even without diodes NST secondary would must have value of many Henries for resonance to be 60 Hz.
                          Last edited by Zlatko; 09-08-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• In industrial plants, and sometimes the current is not in phase with the voltage and the electricity supplier company applies a surcharge, then
                            apply the capacitors to correct the phase.

The power capacitor three-phase is calculated by P = V ^2 * 1.73 / Xc
                            Xc = 1 / (2 * PI * f * C) (C in Farad)

The connection of capacitors and three-phase triangle

In this case the 3 capacitors have each one 66.5 microfarad and absorb 12 amps
                            each phase, on network 480 volt and 60 Hz

Leo48
                            Every problem has always at least two solutions: Find.
                            The strength of the strong and able to traverse the ordeal with calm eyes.

Comment

• The mystery concealed is shown here!

Originally posted by zilano
                              hI MR.CLEAN!

Thankx for reading my posts. i have it working in my home a 10 kw device.

you are on the virge of a one step away. and u will get it. am glad u are here ! congrats on ur progress!

may God bless u always!

good wishes from my side!

u r using reverse tesla concept-thin primary more turns and thick sec less turns. don never mentioned it. but its the only way to free power.

regards

zilano zeis zane!
                              I chopped this up but the information of the title is here .

Don never did show the true meaning of what he was doing in the pictures.

thick on thick I never thought of wires like that before. But as Z notes above this is a synergy Like a block and tackle. one more turn and it is twice as easy to pull the same load..he was showing step down but not making any sense of it. The way it really is.

Step up step down. yea well I did not get it. I am here as a student thank you ZZZZZ

Thanks ZZZZZ

Holy blessings to you.
                              Be safe.
                              Last edited by h2ocommuter; 06-30-2014, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo48 View Post
                                In industrial plants, and sometimes the current is not in phase with the voltage and the electricity supplier company applies a surcharge, then
                                apply the capacitors to correct the phase.

The power capacitor three-phase is calculated by P = V ^2 * 1.73 / Xc
                                Xc = 1 / (2 * PI * f * C) (C in Farad)

The connection of capacitors and three-phase triangle

In this case the 3 capacitors have each one 66.5 microfarad and absorb 12 amps
                                each phase, on network 480 volt and 60 Hz

Leo48
                                And if they are added together (using one cap of don) then an isolation transformer with 35,27mH will get the resonance on 60 hz right? So impulse HighVoltage on 60hz is building VAR. Also a resistor on the isolation transformer input will produce the needed reactive power through fase change.
                                Last edited by webmug; 09-08-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X