X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG I am thick headed

Originally posted by zilano
    Hi there!

we use pure tesla no diode when 50/60 hz to create hf coz we have hv already.(diode can be used but it will deteriorate cycles to 25 or 30 so use inductance filter on both leads of nst. to protect nst 50hz/60hz)

when we have hf and hv we use diode and use don circuit to trigger coils resonance and diode is used.

there is difference between creating hf and triggering hf.

yes cap has to be matched when making tesla coil for fun. but for dons circuit we dont need to match cap with nst(50/60hz nst

rgds

zzzz
    Please help me to understand what makes HF from my 60 hz nst, A little picture please ZZZZ if you will.
    thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by h2ocommuter View Post
      Please help me to understand what makes HF from my 60 hz nst, A little picture please ZZZZ if you will.
      thanks
      Oscillation of your primary with cap (LC) will have resonance frequency in HF range.
      It start when cap has enough charge to fire spark gap, then damped oscillation will
      happen between C and L. Spark itself create additional HF noise in part of spectrum.
      Last edited by Zlatko; 09-06-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

thanks
        @h2ocommuter,

I thought you were a guru yourself. Isn't myReplicationJournal3.pdf your own work?

Comment

• working together

Originally posted by jharmon View Post
          Thanks jharmon, i wanted to ask what is the freq. but it wouldn't give me my user name. it said it was available but didn't work.

I realize how to make step up and step down transformers. What I want to learn is how to make and set freq when building my transformers.

This will be an invaluable tool in figuring out where the resonance is found.

Mistakes are everywhere.
          Nicola Tesla stated many time when looking for resonance that even going over every calculation many time to ensure he was correct he may not get the resonance. so the product would be different.
          I must figure out how to make resonance. within my circuits. I want the cubing effect.

The magnetic energy stored in a coil system
          W = .5 X LI X C.P.S.
          W = energy in joules (Watt seconds)
          L = Inductance in Henrys
          I = curent in amperes squared

The Electrical energy stored in Capacitors
          W = .5 X CE X C.P.S.
          W = energy in joules (Watt seconds)
          C = Capacitance in farads
          E = applied potential in volts squared

None of this can happen if resonance is not aquired.......

Need help

Comment

thanks

You simply adjust the capacitance so the cap fills at each half wave ( 120 times per second ). The inductance of the primary is matched with that cap value to oscillate at the secondaries natural frequency.

The capacitance can be found using the following formula...

10^6 / 6.2834 * ( NST output voltage / NST output amperage ) * Frequency

If your using an NST that has an output of 6500 volts at 30ma at 60hz then the formula would look like this...

10^6 / 6.2834 * ( 6500 / .030 ) * 60hz = .0122 uf

This would assure the cap would be full every half wave. I would use a .006uf cap to run it at around 240 discharges per second ( my own personal preference ).

Once you know the resonant frequency of the secondary you can calculate the primary inductance based on that cap value.

When the spark gap fires it will start the oscillations of the tank circuit the energy sloshes back and forth firing through the gap until the energy is dissipated. In essence if the tank is oscillating at 1Mhz and the cap is being filled and fired 240 times, you have a ring of 4,166 oscillations each time the cap is refilled and fired through the gap. This would be the "ring down". You hit the bell with the hammer and it rings for a certain amount of time, when the energy is just about gone you hit it again.
            Last edited by dragon; 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AhuraMazda View Post
              @h2ocommuter,

I thought you were a guru yourself. Isn't myReplicationJournal3.pdf your own work?
              No, only real guru speak in riddles

Comment

• I am not this Don Smith guru you think I am

Originally posted by AhuraMazda View Post
                @h2ocommuter,

Oh yes this is extensive work but this document is as explained on the first few pages just a compilation of work that patric kelley had compiled of don Smith's work.

I created this Journal to try to replicate what he had done. i chose the plasma globe because I did not have any electronic experience at all. and he stated that it is allready a resonant device.

I figured I would be half way there.

well After about 2o videos and being bit a bunch of times I steped aside for a while.

I started a new Thread and tried to accomplish it there in Jan 2010
                Building DS Plasma Globe
                I am sorry I took down all the first videos. I had a major crash and lost 80 GB of research. if you want a wow.

but anyway ZZzZ is a master and if we are going to accomplish these things we must try to use the things that are befor us..

Learning to build reosnance into your circuits L1 L2 combinations are a big clue.
                don stated this many times in his lectures.

I have All Dons videos. i may post them or not.
                I do not want someone killing my utube space.
                I save everything. Even old wire. lol video
                The coil is comming together. With help I am going to make this happen.
                I have got the best spark gap arround. micro adjusts to .001 per 360 deg. on each of the two wheels.
                No this stuff is what I feed on.
                It will happen. I hope you can use some of my information compilations.
                It is mostly others work I am trying to use to get mine working.

Dustan Zane Muckey
                h2ocommuter.

Purfect practice makes purfect.
                Last edited by h2ocommuter; 06-30-2014, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• OK Cap values

Originally posted by Zlatko View Post
                  Oscillation of your primary with cap (LC) will have resonance frequency in HF range.
                  It start when cap has enough charge to fire spark gap, then damped oscillation will
                  happen between C and L. Spark itself create additional HF noise in part of spectrum.
                  I am thick..... headed.

LOL composure... allright so I will adjust the capacitance of the output side of the NST using caps to get my L1 to 61.8 kcs this kilicycles or 61.8 khz.
                  this will match my Bi-filer resonance freq.

Zane

Comment

• I understand

My previous post direction would require what I stated and showed in pic , but that would have created somthing unmanageable. I started to do the numbers as you had suggested before about looking at what the computations should look like and I found what I showed would be 5K over the L1 of 5 turnes that is 25KV going into the L2 which is 1/4 wave so that is 25 KV x 16 each side OMG that would be nearly giga watts. I am not ready for that yet.

Yea I see. thanks Zelina

Hi zane!

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...-50-hz-nst.jpg

and make coils 246/freq in meghertz. so u will just trigger the primary which in turn will trigger secondary. keep length extra from turns but total length must be exact. say u r using 10 feet then use whole length and make 5 turns coils in centre with it.the point is the coil needs to be connected and if ur turns r exact length and if u use connecting wires then length changes and so is frequency. so keep length extra from turns for connections. with coils set dont use caps at first try getting it to ring by sliding in and out the primary u will get it. sliding primary will get u resonance and u wont be needing caps.
                    follow above circuit its working circuit.

hope u get it. if not ask me again.

rgds
                    zzzz
                    It will take me some time to get the resources to buy the parts so don't go anywhere ZZZZ promise!
                    Last edited by h2ocommuter; 09-06-2011, 10:33 PM. Reason: PS note

Comment

• Led tester for resonance PDF

Does anyone have this PDF at the bottom of the page Zilina Made?

Thanks Zane

hi Folks!

voltage divider calculator link

BeyondTTL Resistor Voltage Divider Calculator

2n3055 reference pinouts

2N3055 Power Transistor, 2N3055 Datasheet PDF, Circuit Schematic, Pinouts

tesla coil single transistor solid state

Single transistor solid state Tesla Coil

electroniks learner goodies
                      Basic Electronics

transformer basics

TURNS AND VOLTAGE RATIOS

transistor substitution chart

TRANSISTOR SUBSTITUTION CHART

wire gauges

The Energy Experimenting People. - Wire Sizes - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company

SAFETY FIRST

DeepFriedNeon - Tesla Coils

tesla coil text as pdf attached-make led tester for testing resonace included scroll down in pdf to see it

regards

ZILANO ZEIS ZANE
                      in sense n sane!

Comment

• A DIY Tesla Coil Tuner

Found this tuner (resonance),that may come handy for tesla fans.
                        Good luck you all.

A DIY Tesla Coil Tuner

Comment

• You said it was simpler I am believing <3

Hi Escalator!
                          yes am using bifilar 5 turns(10 turns total) in secondary. primary 80 turns simple coiling.

yes i just used ferrite from tv and wounded turns myself. i used lc oscillator and fed back to base of transistor. see my crude circuit lol am not artist and i hate to draw. see in one of my posts. the uploaded circuit.
                          i made (nst as tesla coil resonating) so i just needed stepdown. in this case step down must also resonate. yes all pure sine wave circuit. so i had no difficulty with wave output as square wave produce hum in fan motors or ac motors. and not sabotage my ac equipment in my home.

regards

zilano zeis zane

think b4 u leap and if leapt
                          dont look back!
                          Zelina young lady,
                          You did it just like Don Smith said in the simplified circuit he drew on the black board. except you short cutted don by a bit.

Thank you so much for showing all this stuff again to my brain

You are my hero!

Last edited by h2ocommuter; 06-30-2014, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                            Hi Zane!

if u r gonna get parts then Get NST 4KV 30-35 khz 30ma or 60 ma dual out. and if u wanna use this same nst 50/60 hz u can use single feed and diode it will also work.
                            send me ur nst ratings n details and pic of nst.

then i cna help ya better.

regard

zzzz
                            From my readings and understanding, Don Smith used little 12 v 7 amp hour
                            battery in his device , to feeding his high voltage 30 ma output nst.

The maximum output of the nst will have somewhere between 100-200 watts .You cannot feed your nst at his maximum ratings using 12 v 7 amp hour battery .This seems to me the power given to the nst from that little battery will be allot less (1 or 2 watt range ?) .If this is true , why we need an nst with power rating over 100 watts?
                            Please clarify this...

Another question what I have is about spark gap....is well known, the spark gap in tesla coils, because of discharges, will heat up the air between terminals ;the heated air will have low resistance so the discharge will be produced randomly pushing the system out of resonance...this problem was solved somehow using the well known methods :air pumped between discharging terminals ,spark gaps in parallel ,rotary contacts,etc....how you solved this problem?
                            I am also ,curious how Don's Smith spark gap worked ( his spark gap was enclosed from my understanding ( he maybe used enclosures with vacuum inside ?)

Thank you...
                            Last edited by sinergicus; 09-07-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• h2ocommuter, I'm not up to speed yet on this thread but do you have an oscilloscope? That can help in finding resonance of a transformer. If not o-scopes are cheap for used 20Mhz ones and that should do for this application.

I'm wondering if this NST I picked up years ago when I was reading Don Smith's book would be a good choice:

12KV Franceformer and yep that's how those are spelled
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ewizard; 09-07-2011, 07:32 PM.
                              There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Zilano

Your first schematic was Tesla step-down coil with thicker secondaries. Here it's impossible to have secondary length 4 times the primary, right ? Is that circuit only to get RLC resonance in secondary or we need to match length of secondaries to wavelength lower harmonic ? Or just to match it for output voltage ?

Comment

Working...
                                X