Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xenomorph,

I don't understand reactance that well myself, but accordingly somehow you can lower the frequency with resistors using the reactance chart. I won't be doing it this way though, but would love to have a basic course on exactly how reactance works.

in the smith pdf it says
    Suppose that your neon-tube driver is running at 30 kHz and you are using a capacitor of 100 nF (which is the
    same as 0.1 microfarad) and you want to know what is the AC resistance of your capacitor is at that frequency.
    Also, what coil inductance would have that same AC resistance.
    I don't understand that at all, i was just going to work around it by charging a cap bank then pulsing it at 60 hz into a basic transformer. Unless someone can recoomend a reactance for dummies book that i can read.

Comment

zilano,

Does lowering the frequency also raise amps? Because i was trying to light that bulb at 385khz 450v directly on the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by drak View Post
        Xenomorph,

I don't understand reactance that well myself, but accordingly somehow you can lower the frequency with resistors using the reactance chart. I won't be doing it this way though, but would love to have a basic course on exactly how reactance works.

in the smith pdf it says

I don't understand that at all, i was just going to work around it by charging a cap bank then pulsing it at 60 hz into a basic transformer. Unless someone can recoomend a reactance for dummies book that i can read.
        Drak, i had pointed out a year ago here that Smith was blatantly describing this resistor tuning without anyone noticing that it can not work. He talks about it in the assembled pdf of his publications as well as in part 5 of his youtube interview.

The chart simply cannot be applied to a driven oscillator.
        You can try it out easily yourself, even with a bedini motor.
        Just bring the secondary to resonance with the right cap and then
        put different resistors across the coil. You won't see the proclaimed change in frequency.

Just use caps as has been suggested. Good Luck with your experiments.

Comment

Just use caps as has been suggested. Good Luck with your experiments.
          Just learning as I go, and thanks

Comment

Originally posted by drak View Post
            Xenomorph,

in the smith pdf it says
            Suppose that your neon-tube driver is running at 30 kHz and you are using a capacitor of 100 nF (which is the
            same as 0.1 microfarad) and you want to know what is the AC resistance of your capacitor is at that frequency.
            Also, what coil inductance would have that same AC resistance.

Hi Drak,

Perhaps you are confused by the incorrect usage of the word resistance by Don Smith in the above quote? Because he should have used the word reactance instead of resistance, ok?
            We normally talk about AC reactance in case of capacitors or coils, saying a capacitor has a capacitive reactance or a coil has an inductive reactance, and reactance also has a dimension of OHM like a normal resistance.
            The nomograms also show these in Ohms, for capacitors the reactance formula Xc=1/(2*Pi*f*C) or for coils XL=2*Pi*f*L where f is the AC frequency in Hertz, C is the value of the cap in Farad and L is the coil inductance in Henry. Using these you get the reactance in Ohm, and the nomograms used these formulas.
            (You can see from the formulas that a given value capacitor has an decreasing reactance value when you increase frequency and coils behave just on the contrary: they have an increasing reactance when you increase frequency.

rgds, Gyula

Comment

Originally posted by zilano

Hi XENO!

I am running the thing flawlessly and my laptop and my home is being powered with it as i write this am using Dons power i got my grid power disconnected. so am not talking castles in the air. i persued dons circuit 6 months back it took me six months to reach this on my own.

my home load is 4.25 kw and its providing me all power.

am happy with my find and i want to help u all.

regards

zilano zeis zane!

not a booster or boaster
              just here to help forum coz
              i learned a lot from forum
              i wanna give back!
              You ARE talking castles in the air.
              How about you make a video of your working 10kW OU device powering house-hold appliances at 50/60 Hz 4.25Kw worth?
              Not having a camera to do it would be a bad excuse.
              Maybe borrow a mobile phone from a friend, easily available.

If you can't provide it, your claim unfortunately means as much as all the other claims of individuals in various forums stating they would have such device but refuse to provide evidence.
              I am sure everybody here would like to see it too.

Please make sure to zoom in on the magical resistor to convert your output frequency. I know a couple of electrical engineers who would like to see that one.

I have a feeling somehow though, this video will never happen.
              Until then, you ARE talking castles in the air.
              Last edited by Xenomorph; 08-13-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Hi xeno!

yes u r right! evidence and a visual one is needed. i will post it. but i wanted to see some progress on here b4 i post the video. i wanted some one here reach the finale as i have done. i want forum members understand the basics first and the nook and crannies of the don circuits.
                i want people to understand basics so they can make replications from 250 watt to kilowatt devices. most people here dont know how to calculate this stuff. i dont want to spoon feed things. i want people to learn and use their minds first.

i will post video let the time come. i will share each bit of info i learned and gained. i wont hold back anything. am seeing progress with my reverse tesla concept. some more to come though in this forum. am awaiting that.

regards

zilano zeis zane
                Surprise!
                That's the common response to a OU video challenge.
                The community is waiting for years for "promised" videos by
                various claimers that just talk.
                If you can't provide, you are just like one of them.
                Together with the technical errors in some of your statements, it gives you a poor credibility.
                Last edited by Xenomorph; 08-13-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Don't Despair

Hi there!

Well at present i agree with ur statement. later u will agree with my statement.

just wait.......

regards
                  zzz
                  Hi Zilano
                  I have been working on the Don Smith systems on and off for the past 2 years with no luck.

After reading your posts over and over , I am beginning to see that you could really be on to something.

Please don't despair --keep up the good work and I for one will be eagerly waiting for more tid bits of infortmation.
                  Paul:

Comment

Hi drak!

how u doing? any progress?
                    Still working, had to take a break to sleep. Winding more coils. I'm not really looking for 10kw of power, I would be happy with 50 watts just for a proof of concept.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                      Hi Parav!

am glad u have been reading my posts. my reverse tesla concept is the key to get power. u can see Mr. Clean also used same design. and he lit up the bulb. the basic reason with don original circuit is primary is thick that means higher input power and thin output coil means high voltage and low amps. we have to change that and that can only be done when u use reverse tesla concept. make ur primary thin giving u low input and thick secondary bifilar gives u amps at low voltage. the key to get amps from higher voltage is just reduce voltage. since coils r resonating the resistance between coils is zero so power is there that was being eaten up by resistance is also there. when we lower voltage power still remains same but it is there in the form of high amps and low voltage. this is the key don never told. i have spent 5 months reading and experimenting i also failed to get power then i read transformer basics where i got this idea, why not make a transformer first and then make it resonate. i tried and i got superb results. my first attempt gave me 2.5 kw. Don has explained everything but i agree he did not disclose 2 basics but they r hidden in his text and schematics. one i told u is reverse tesla coil and another is still a secret with me. i want u to use my concept and reach output high amps and low voltage. i will disclose more but try first wot i have posted. if u have been trying for 2 yrs till now try the way am telling u and show me that u have high amps and i will show u the way to get 50 or 60 hz. but u must lightup a load. reach this stage first.

i know i have it. and its my decision to video it or not. i never despair coz i know how to do it coz i have done it already. i want u to pull on wot am telling ya here is not gibberish its based on expertise and experience. its true when i joined the race i was just novice. i gained knowledge applied it and i got it.

report me ur progress. and i guide u more.

regards
                      zzz
                      sorry to intrude , but it almost sound as if you are talking about about tunable forks and octaves...except using coils

looking forward to reading the clues you'll be divulging
                      Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Looking at those spark gaps crackling away, I must agree with Xenomorph... no electronic test instrument will offer a reliable or sensible reading. 10 amp bulb is also mentioned ! what type of bulb is rated at 10 amps? you would need a fair few of them to make up a load equaling 10 amps assuming they are general purpose types, or am I missing the point here. How about using clear lamps rather than opaque types!! or a heating element instead?
                        I'm not criticizing the projects or the experiments here only emphasizing the importance of collecting acurate data before calculating the results.

Comment

• thank you, i would just add what was written on the link you provided:

Resonance is a very real phoenomenon & is a huge part of Tesla-type inductor devices.
                          Otherwise all you're doing is brute forcing the electrons into oscillation, rather than using their natural frequency.
                          Exactly like breaking a glass( or a singing bowl http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ging-bowl.html ), you must match the natural note that the glass rings at, then just SIMPLY raise the volume.
                          At resonance, the electrons require less power to do more work.
                          Last edited by MonsieurM; 08-13-2011, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• An experimental investigation of the fluid dynamics of Tibetan singing bowls has showed their acoustic behavior is similar to wine glasses, and can even cause water droplets to levitate.

The bowls originate from fifth century rituals in the Tibetan Himalayas, and are typically made from a bronze alloy. They produce a rich sound or song when the sides and rim are struck or rubbed with a mallet.

Two scientists filled the bowls with water and filmed the vibrational patterns that arise. The high-speed camera showed how surface waves formed, creating water droplets that break away from, and bounce on the fluid surface.
                            YouTube - ‪Watching Tibetan bowls sing‬‏

Comment

• Interesting stuff Zilano.

I have been pondering lately that the quantum source presents its energy as ultra high frequency at ultra high impedance which is nearly invisible. Think about the difference between a very large wave crashing onto the beach every minute, vs a billion tiny waves crashing every minute. We could ride the big one pretty well, but we'd have a seriously difficult time with the billion small ones. If there were 1 billion of us, each one 1 billionth of our size, we might manage, no? That is one way of visualizing the impedance matching that would be required to interact with the quantum source. Sub-atomic particles are very small and very fast and well suited to interacting with such an energy source.

So when we resonate a coil at a very wide bandwidth, the resonance contains more and more energy of very high frequency, superimposed on the coil's fundamental frequency. I think that the higher the resonant energy and the higher the frequency the greater the tendency to interact with that source, and we start cohering a bit of the source's energy. I think we observe that tendency to cohere when we see resonant things tend to lock to one another or resonate sympathetically.

From that line of reasoning, a Tesla coil resonating over a very wide bandwidth is actively cohering an abundant amount of energy, and would be significantly OU as it sits. Except for one huge problem: the energy is very high impedance and any effort to interact with the coil interferes with the resonance of the coil. We can interact with it, but must do it through the electric field using displacement current.

The bifilar coil coverts the electric field energy coming from the primary into a displacement current without inductively interacting with the primary and damping its resonance. Normally the Q of such a circuit...a very small inductance and a relatively large capacitance...is very low, but by using a very thick conductor you raise the Q to reasonable values by nature of the resistance being well less than 1 ohm. The resulting resonant tank produces a very high current at a comparatively low voltage, and responds to a very wide bandwidth of energy. I would speculate that the secondary needs an asymmetrical overlapping with the primary to encourage the resonance to establish, or you could build the bifilar with two different wire sizes.

So...wideband resonance coheres quantum energy...the wider the bandwidth and the higher the voltage the more energy is cohered...a secondary bifilar tank with very low resistance converts a portion of the resonant energy into usable power...effectively impedance matching quantum energy to useful levels. The key is in keeping the voltage and bandwidth of the primary as high as possible, and the resistance of the secondary as low as possible.

Just a theory...

Comment

• Contrary to some assertions here, varying the resistance of the ground path does alter the apparent capacitance of a bifilar in proximity of a resonant primary. Think of it this way: how much current will flow into a capacitor with one end disconnected? Virtually none, and the effective capacitance is quite low. If both ends are connected, the capacitance is the rated value.

Disconnected is simply infinite resistance. There is obviously a continuum between fully open and fully short that allows the effective capacitance to move from a low to high value. If that capacitance is part of a tank, the resistance will directly affect the tuning. Not sure that is what DS was alluding to, but it is incorrect to say that resistance cannot affect resonant tuning.

I have been playing in my lab for quite some time with resonant primaries and bifilar displacement current secondaries. Only at low voltage though, mostly interested in the basic behavior, not so much trying to make big power. It is no problem at all to use that technique to light a bulb on the output, and I've been driving small florescent tubes with a small fraction of a watt. I wasn't convinced that the wide band resonance was the source of free energy though...never really convinced myself that what I was doing was OU since measurement becomes so difficult, although I had a pretty good theory of how it might be.

I am still very puzzled about the 50/60 Hz output though. Would love to get a hint from you Zilano. PM me if you are willing.
                                Last edited by LtBolo; 08-14-2011, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X