Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
    You know, it's funny. I've been studying every piece of material related to free energy and other exotic/unusual physics for YEARS, like a lot of other people here I imagine. I mean, I have read a LOT and then spent SERIOUS HOURS at the workbench trying to test and prove and find out whose theories are correct and whose are not. You know when this finally all clicked in my head? This Tuesday. I just had this stray thought that, "oh, maybe the reaction to a dipole is phase conjugate energy, not just opposite in sign". Then the more I thought about it the more I realized that it could explain everything. Does anyone else see the similarity between Tesla radiant energy patent #685,957, figure 4, and Don Smith's "Ambient Energy Generator"? I didn't either for a long time. But then it dawned on me, the capacitor in Don's circuit is the IMPLIED capacitance between the "Roentgen tube"-like high voltage source and the plate P. The high voltage tube is the source dipole and could be charged with a static machine like a Van de Graaf or Wimshurst or other machine. You're not drawing any current from it. Electrostatic attraction of opposite signs draws charges up from the ground into the capacitor, which you then discharge into a transformer to get a power gain, BECAUSE THE REACTION CHARGES ARE PHASE-CONJUGATE ENERGY. It acts like electricity moving backwards in time instead of forwards in time. You create a dipole but you never use it to power anything directly. Instead your power is drawn from the charges attracted to it, and Tesla's patent shows how to do it.

Now let's read Don Smith and see how similar this sounds:

Capacitor A with a predetermined voltage placed upon it, causes capacitor E to duplicate from the ambient-earth grounding the energy present at A. With an input diode placed C and an output diode placed at B the energy present at E flows through a transformer into an earth grounding. Useful energy is obtained from the transformer.

So you attach a high voltage source to one side of a capacitor, and use the other side to attract opposite charges up from ground, and you only use the ground side (the reaction) to power your output circuit through a transformer.

I submit to you that this is the exact same thing described by Tesla, only with a bigger capacitor than the tiny capacitance of the space between the Roentgen tube and the plate. Think about Don's "commercial device". High voltage source charges one plate of a big high voltage capacitor. But how do you hook up the other side to get output? Well, now I think I know, you just follow the Tesla circuit and use the charges coming from ground to charge another cap, and then use a spark gap or inverter of any suitable kind to send this power through a transformer. In Don's words, "useful energy is obtained from the transformer"....
    Tswift I have just read your post and I really like the way you see how it work... It is really interesting guys!

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• Thank you, and hopefully I haven't derailed the discussion too much with some of my recent thoughts, which at this point are really just fresh out of the oven, if not entirely half-baked I need more time to think clearly and perhaps articulate better. Especially that last post earlier I wrote in haste and I didn't take the time to be as precise as I usually try to be.

Ultimately, Bruce asked a very penetrating and insightful question. I have my own theory on the matter, which at this point is no better than a hypothesis. My last paradigm for understanding free energy I shared at numerous points on these pages, having to do with the ambient voltage around the capacitor and picking up a scalar signature. That was pretty much completely wrong, and now I have to bin it along with all the other times I've been wrong. I'm probably wrong this time too, but hopefully it's at least one step closer to the truth....

That said, I think it is an interesting observation. If I power the test circuit with the ZVS directly I get a blue spark and light on the bulb. If I use the ZVS instead to charge C1 and the circuit is powered by the ambient recoil/backlash/reaction then I get a white spark and the bulb lights brighter. Without simultaneously measuring the current being drawn by the ZVS this is not a quantitative comparison, but I think it is very interesting....

P.S. to Dragon... no resonant caps on L2 in this configuration and it still lights up just fine.

Comment

• Tswift, I also would like to hear more as your idea progresses.
        Garry

Comment

• After watching your video with the 2 grounds I started reverse engineering what I saw with a few "best guesses" based on the output of the bulb. I would guess your getting around 2 volts with an amperage of .5 to .75 on the bulb. You said you had 2 turns on your secondary with a 20 turn primary. I suspect it's not a full 2 turn maybe 1.5 or 1.75 turn secondary which would give you about 1.33 volt per turn and about 1 amp turn.

1 amp turn on the secondary gives you about .05 amp per turn on the primary and with 1.33 volts per turn you have approximately 26 volts across the primary. This means the cap is only charging to around 300 volts before the gap fires.

You might try opening up the gap incrementally to find the best performance based on its ability to charge the tank capacitor. The larger gap will not only increase the usable voltage but increase the current flow through the tank. The point on the gap is to start the ionization of air in the gap, once it becomes conductive the breach will engulf the tip... if it breaches to soon the energy level is low.

I don't remember your inductance/capacitance values on the tank or I could calculate what might be possible for amperage and voltage at peak. ( I know you posted them but I simply don't have time to tread through the posts ).

One other note on the Radiant patent -Tesla eludes to the fact that the secondary could drive a single wire roentgen tube and that you can make "provisions" to fire it only during the periods when the results are productive to plate P ( rectifying the output by rhythmically varying the source ).

Comment

• The oscillations aren't CW but are coming in pulses. It's a little difficult to measure since my testing location, where the two grounds and the antenna are, is over 100 yards away from my workshop and test bench. So if I want to take scope measurements of the device under test I have to haul not only the device but the scope over there and back again when I'm done. But it's a small price to pay, and I'll try and take some actual measurements later. When I was testing on the workbench each time the PPV fired it was a damped sinusoidal waveform of about 180V P-P on the secondary, extinguishing within a dozen cycles or so. This was with the secondary unloaded, with the bulb attached the voltage reduced of course, but not by as much as I figured. Perhaps reduced to 60% of the unloaded value, I should have taken some more scope shots. When the current through the PPV is enough it is conducting more or less continuously and instead of individual breakdown pulses that you can hear as ticks or pops, it just starts that hissing/squealing sound you can hear in the video. When I had it doing this on the workbench (without the two grounds by bypassing C1 and driving it as a Tesla coil) then the waveform on L2 was a damped 500 KHz pulse but repeating 75,000 times a second, the ZVS driver frequency.

I haven't done much experimenting with different gap widths yet, I will see what difference it makes. The tank circuit is now 1 nF and 95 uH. The measured resonant frequency is about 511 KHz.

Comment

• A calculated outcome of what might be expected using those values, If you can get a consistent charge of 1000 volts on the cap you should be able to achieve 100 volts across the 20 turns with around .15 amps circulating, give or take. That should give you a sufficient amount to drive the 20 watt bulb to around 12 volts with a 1.5 amp flowing.

The 20 turns should have an overall amp turn value of about 3 amps divided by 1.5 turns giving an output of around 2 amps minus the normal losses in transformation.

Comment

• Ok, I will try to do a better job of explaining this epiphany I had which hopefully leads to a better understanding of these phenomena and how to produce them. First of all I have to define some terms:

Phase conjugation is a term borrowed from optics, where under certain conditions you can get light to reflect not in the usual way (angle of incidence equals angle of reflection) but EXACTLY back on its source. Each incoming photon is replaced with its phase-conjugate partner, that exactly retraces the path taken by the incoming photon. And when I say exactly I mean EXACTLY, in the same manner that the resistance of a superconductor isn't approximately zero but EXACTLY zero. Phase-conjugate mirrors are used with lasers to remove distortions over long optical paths, because the phase-conjugate beam going backwards through the same distortion exactly removes the distortion, whatever it was. You can google it and look at some youtube videos to learn more if you're not already familiar with the concept. It's unusual and interesting, yet totally accepted physics. The more you learn about this the more interesting it gets. It's almost as if the phase-conjugate photon is moving BACKWARDS in time or as if it's a shadow partner, an antiphoton of the original photon. For instance, photons have momentum (it's incredibly tiny but not zero). As in, flashlights and lasers have a nonzero thrust. This momentum causes a recoil from a normal mirror, which is why things like solar sail spacecraft are possible. BUT THERE IS NO RECOIL from a phase-conjugate mirror. It's like the outgoing photon is a backwards-moving complement or shadow of the incoming photon and when the two meet at the mirror they just equal zero. If you measure the time of flight of the outgoing photon it still arrives after it was sent, it isn't REALLY moving backwards in time, or at least not in externally observable time. Does the photon's own clock run backwards? I don't know and I don't think anyone else does either. So the important take-away is that there exist forms of energy that act as if they are time-reversed. They act in a negative or complementary sense, and this is provably seen in the case of a phase-conjugate mirror in nonlinear optics.

Essentially what we have discovered with all this research is ELECTRICAL PHASE CONJUGATION. This is what Bedini called "negative energy", he observed that it seemed to propagate backwards from the output of a circuit back to the input. Most commonly talked about is the phenomenon of "cold electricity" and how many of us researchers here have seen some aspects of it from time to time. We talk about things like "Ohm's law being reversed with cold electricity" and how it behaves fundamentally very different to normal electricity, yet can be carried in regular circuits and as Don Smith said, stored in capacitors and batteries. I think what it actually is, is phase-conjugate electricity. That is, it's electrons or ions or whichever kind of charge carriers, that have their local clocks running backwards to the rest of the universe in much the same way phase-conjugate photons do. This is why it behaves differently, and why we can essentially reverse cause and effect to get "free-to-you" energy by spending the energy before it's generated. Think of it this way: if you earn money and then spend it all, the net money afterward is zero. If you instead get a loan and then earn the money and pay back the loan, the net money afterward is still zero. What you have done is reversed cause and effect in time, the books still balance. When you generate phase-conjugate energy and then put it through a transformer, something strange happens and it acts differently in regard to Lenz's law. There can be a power gain seen at the secondary of the transformer. You are getting an energy loan from the universe, which is then paid back when that energy is dissipated in a load. The net energy still equals zero and conservation of energy is not violated, all you have done is reverse it in time by using phase-conjugate energy.

OK, that sounds great so how do we do it in practice? This was essence of my realization. When you create a dipole nature wants to extinguish it. The two ends of the dipole each attract opposite charges from the environment around them because you have disturbed the neutral equilibrium. My thought was, what if those opposite charges being attracted to your dipole are not merely opposite in SIGN but also opposite in TIME? That is, there is a deeper type of 4-symmetry being preserved by the universe and your act of creating the dipole in "forward time" has to be symmetric to the reaction of the environment around your dipole happening in "backwards time". If this is true then electrical phase conjugation is not only possible, it's dead simple. All you have to do is create a dipole but then don't use it to power anything. You use the incoming charges that are attracted toward your dipole to power your circuit, and you want to make sure that they go through a transformer or motor or some kind of magnetic device where you will see the Lenz's law effect. As I was thinking all this out, I thought about Tesla's radiant energy patent, where it's the charges being drawn up from the ground IN RESPONSE TO A DIPOLE that are being used, and then put through a transformer. I thought about Bruce's circuit, where it's the charges being drawn from ground or air IN RESPONSE TO A DIPOLE and then put through a transformer. I thought about Don Smith's various circuits, but in many of them charges are drawn from the ground IN RESPONSE TO A DIPOLE and then put through a transformer: "amperage only becomes a consideration at the output transformer". After realizing all this I began to think I really might be on to something very fundamental. If true it's essentially a new physical law: nature's response to a source dipole is phase-conjugate energy. It's already happening everywhere, you only have to capture and convert it to have limitless energy.

Or I could be totally wrong yet again and this could be another half-baked idea. I submit it as an untested hypothesis, for your consideration.

Comment

• Very well written - you got it. I can't speak to the Phase conjugation hypothesis but can relate to it in the form of a delay line.

Comment

• Im agree with Dragon; it is really well explaned!
                    Now the only way to prove the theorie is to try it in practice.
                    I cant wait to recieve all my missing part...

Comment

• Well, I can only hope I'm on the right track. If true this is essentially a blueprint to how to build a working machine, and it explains why Bruce's devices are genuine COP>1. I only hope I didn't run Bruce off, I was happy to see him here participating in the forum. He only asked us the question because he already knew the answer, and wanted to see how much understanding we have. I'm quite sure he knows much more than this and we would all do well to listen to everything he has to say!

Comment

• the most important is to produce the effect in a large amount at least to power a small house of 600 W to 1 KW will be a good start, moderate material and skills can be achieved when collective work is achieved through this forum ... i hope ...

Comment

Well, I can only hope I'm on the right track. If true this is essentially a blueprint to how to build a working machine, and it explains why Bruce's devices are genuine COP>1. I only hope I didn't run Bruce off, I was happy to see him here participating in the forum. He only asked us the question because he already knew the answer, and wanted to see how much understanding we have. I'm quite sure he knows much more than this and we would all do well to listen to everything he has to say!
                          Great explanation.

Comment

All you have to do is create a dipole but then don't use it to power anything. You use the incoming charges that are attracted toward your dipole to power your circuit, and you want to make sure that they go through a transformer or motor or some kind of magnetic device where you will see the Lenz's law effect.
                            I believe this is very much describing the plasma tube/plasma ball devices as well as many other don smith devices. I have an 18" plasma tube that disturbs ambient at least 2 feet in every direction as detected with a Fluke neon bulb "voltage detector" stick. The trick I am finding is how to arrange the capacitor plates/wiring/diodes/load/ground connections so that useable power is produced.

Comment

• Originally posted by tesluh View Post
                              I believe this is very much describing the plasma tube/plasma ball devices as well as many other don smith devices. I have an 18" plasma tube that disturbs ambient at least 2 feet in every direction as detected with a Fluke neon bulb "voltage detector" stick. The trick I am finding is how to arrange the capacitor plates/wiring/diodes/load/ground connections so that useable power is produced.
                              I think all you would need is to charge the capacitor via two avramenko diodes tied to ground. Ground electrons will be attracted by induction up to one plate on the positive AC half-cycle, and repelled from the other plate and pumped to ground on the negative AV half-cycle. If the capacitor is physically close to the plasma tube, within the disturbed zone, then charge pumping will occur from ground into the cap. My theory is that this will then be phase-conjugate "cold" electricity. You would then need to run an inverter from it, or charge up to a high enough voltage to make a spark gap operate, so that the cap dumps into the primary coil of a transformer. The secondary should show a power gain with respect to the primary.

Old-timers on here will remember Zilano, and how this is essentially exactly what he/she described. The only difference is that I now understand why it should work and how these charges are different. Also, I have tried exactly this arrangement and variations of it using the slayer exciter and Tesla coil, and I never could measure a power gain. However, it can be quite tricky to do measurements so maybe I wasn't doing it right. Also, it may be that there is yet some other missing element. In other words, what I have described is a "necessary, but not sufficient" condition. You might have to make sure that the grounding for the plasma tube is a different ground than the cap is tied to for instance, or else the phase-conjugate energy will meet the direct-phase energy and zero each other out. I don't know for sure but it is definitely worth playing with, please let us know your results!

Comment

• After 11.233 posts there's no explanation about electrons spin in Don Smith device , no explanation about the creation of standing waves and why they are there in his device ? no explanation about the creation of Ozone gas ( in large amount ... ) in his device especially when high voltage is implemented, no explanation about energy balance and its relation with permanent magnet .. no explanation about the computer programme he used to simulate his device and even the computer saw the energy gain !!!

without unlocking these point it's a waste of time here otherwise we have to create another thread with different name !

Comment

Working...
                                X