Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elcheapo View Post
    Don said a lot of crazy things to confuse people into building a piece of crap
    to protect his company and it's investors.

Stoker was the only one that got it to work, but very poorly.

You sometimes have to use your own logic and only build something
    that makes some sense to you.
    it's not the fault of Don Smith due to the misunderstanding..., his device work exactly as ordinary electrical generator but in radio frequency speed .. he advised us to stick on the magnetic side so we got an infinite negative resistance work perfectly when resonance achieved in high voltage environment, ground grounding or air grounding is needed to attract the heavy electrons ( negatively charged )

ground grounding = more concentration
    air ground = less concentration so you need an antenna ... an air plan don't need ..

Comment

• Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
      it's not the fault of Don Smith due to the misunderstanding..., his device work exactly as ordinary electrical generator but in radio frequency speed .. he advised us to stick on the magnetic side so we got an infinite negative resistance work perfectly when resonance achieved in high voltage environment, ground grounding or air grounding is needed to attract the heavy electrons ( negatively charged )

ground grounding = more concentration
      air ground = less concentration so you need an antenna ... an air plan don't need ..
      Yes I agree about using an earth ground. But I never read anywhere were
      it said the device was working as a regular generator, but at rf frequencies.
      A very interesting theory except: At the 8kv output he's showing it connected to the input of an inverter.
      Well even a 1 kw inverter would draw 83 amps at 12 volts.
      That resitive voltage divider just looks like a joke to me.

Thanks anyway,as it gives me more to think about.

Comment

• Though I haven't seen the cold electricity voltage divider in front of me yet, cold electricity works differently. This is a great reply on the voltage divider topic at a different forum. The So-Called Don Smith Generator

Comment

• Originally posted by Elcheapo View Post
          Yes I agree about using an earth ground. But I never read anywhere were
          it said the device was working as a regular generator, but at rf frequencies.
          A very interesting theory except: At the 8kv output he's showing it connected to the input of an inverter.
          Well even a 1 kw inverter would draw 83 amps at 12 volts.
          That resitive voltage divider just looks like a joke to me.

Thanks anyway,as it gives me more to think about.

the way you wind L2 is how you get amperage or voltage , you can get high voltage with moderate electric current so you need a high voltage inverter which is not the best option in most case since it need some electronic skills and some expensive parts, another option is to work with high amperage and relatively small voltage, in my opinion it's a good idea to concentrate the power in the capacitor banks , more power in small time interval is what we need , the good news is it's possible to convert voltage to amperage when you have the energy balance work for you .

Comment

• OK, I promised pictures so here they are. One shows the revised PPV components, the other is the completed new bench test arrangement with the L1 and L2 coils. L1 is 20.5 turns of 40KV rated wire around an 8 inch form and L2 is 2 turns of the same wire around a 10 inch form. I didn't have time yesterday to do anything more than previously described. I did note that when using the screwdriver as an antenna, I would get sparks up to about half an inch long jumping from the PPV anode bolt to the screwdriver whenever I approached it or withdrew from it. When the screwdriver is touching the PPV starts sparking and the spark color seems more whitish than bluish.

I also noticed that various small dust particles around the PPV started dancing when I had the HV on and especially once I touched the screwdriver. Some of this might just be electrostatic repulsion but I'm not sure.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tswift View Post
              OK, I promised pictures so here they are. One shows the revised PPV components, the other is the completed new bench test arrangement with the L1 and L2 coils. L1 is 20.5 turns of 40KV rated wire around an 8 inch form and L2 is 2 turns of the same wire around a 10 inch form. I didn't have time yesterday to do anything more than previously described. I did note that when using the screwdriver as an antenna, I would get sparks up to about half an inch long jumping from the PPV anode bolt to the screwdriver whenever I approached it or withdrew from it. When the screwdriver is touching the PPV starts sparking and the spark color seems more whitish than bluish.

I also noticed that various small dust particles around the PPV started dancing when I had the HV on and especially once I touched the screwdriver. Some of this might just be electrostatic repulsion but I'm not sure.
              Nice and clean job Tswift for the tip of your PPV!

Comment

• Well, one of my hobbies/side jobs is that I do kinfe and tool sharpening so I have a selection of grinders. I chucked the bolts in a hand drill and pressed the tip against the running belt of a belt grinder with a 36 grit belt to start with, this is normally used for sharpening mower blades. Then I worked up progressively in grit to 400. To get the slight convex shape on the aluminum bolt I took the platen off the belt grinder and used it as a "slack belt", that is where the belt sags and bit and drapes as you press against it. Slack belt sharpening is excellent for knives and scissors, where it produces a slightly convex edge. I looked at the point of the steel bolt under magnification and it is fairly sharp. It feels sharp if you touch it. As I discovered, sometimes the gap will break down even with the HV off (but with some residual charge remaining on C1), so I assume the sharp tip is helping cause field emission of electrons. I can't say for sure that I know what exactly it's doing, but so far everything Bruce has said seems to be working.

Comment

Well, one of my hobbies/side jobs is that I do kinfe and tool sharpening so I have a selection of grinders. I chucked the bolts in a hand drill and pressed the tip against the running belt of a belt grinder with a 36 grit belt to start with, this is normally used for sharpening mower blades. Then I worked up progressively in grit to 400. To get the slight convex shape on the aluminum bolt I took the platen off the belt grinder and used it as a "slack belt", that is where the belt sags and bit and drapes as you press against it. Slack belt sharpening is excellent for knives and scissors, where it produces a slightly convex edge. I looked at the point of the steel bolt under magnification and it is fairly sharp. It feels sharp if you touch it. As I discovered, sometimes the gap will break down even with the HV off (but with some residual charge remaining on C1), so I assume the sharp tip is helping cause field emission of electrons. I can't say for sure that I know what exactly it's doing, but so far everything Bruce has said seems to be working.
                  Is there a cap in the flyback?. Because i got the same results with the gap. I think it is because of the flyback residual charge in combination with C1. After turning the flyback off , short it. if there is any charge left it will arc.
                  Last edited by Mwtj; 01-18-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mwtj View Post
                    Is there a cap in the flyback?. Because i got the same results with the gap. I think it is because of the flyback residual charge in combination with C1. This will increase when the voltage rises.
                    I think there is a cap in the flyback but I haven't checked. It is a DC flyback and I know it has an internal diode, and it has a focus output so I'm pretty sure that means it has an internal multiplier, probably a 3-stage multiplier. I would suspect that there is a smoothing cap on the output of the final multiplier stage, but you probably know more about flybacks than I do.

Comment

I think there is a cap in the flyback but I haven't checked. It is a DC flyback and I know it has an internal diode, and it has a focus output so I'm pretty sure that means it has an internal multiplier, probably a 3-stage multiplier. I would suspect that there is a smoothing cap on the output of the final multiplier stage, but you probably know more about flybacks than I do.
                      What type/number is the flyback? Looks like a standard monitor flyback. Most of those have a capacitor on the last stage.

Can look it up if you like.
                      Last edited by Mwtj; 01-18-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mwtj View Post
                        What type/number is the flyback? Looks like a standard monitor flyback. Most of those have a capacitor on the last stage.

Can look it up if you like.
                        The number printed on the flyback is "18C0A27", I took a picture.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I did some live testing of the unit outside with the antenna. I compared the results running with the antenna vs. two separate ground. For me the results with the antenna were unimpressive but the two grounds were much better. I get light on the bulb, and it's significantly brighter than when I was driving the primary directly from the ZVS. It's hard to call this a proven power gain but it does look promising.

First video, running with the antenna:
                          https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmajPV7...LPu2Tjt2vZdeoJ

Second video, two grounds:
                          https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmUjLWt...u19GwkKw7ekz8D

N.B. the two grounds are about 60 feet apart. The one ground rod I show in the video right next to the box with the device, the other ground is the house mains and is at the opposite end of my house. I measured about 0.25V difference between the two.
                          Last edited by tswift; 01-18-2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I did some live testing of the unit outside with the antenna. I compared the results running with the antenna vs. two separate ground. For me the results with the antenna were unimpressive but the two grounds were much better. I get light on the bulb, and it's significantly brighter than when I was driving the primary directly from the ZVS. It's hard to call this a proven power gain but it does look promising.

First video, running with the antenna:
                            https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmajPV7...LPu2Tjt2vZdeoJ

Second video, two grounds:
                            https://gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmUjLWt...u19GwkKw7ekz8D

N.B. the two grounds are about 60 feet apart. The one ground rod I show in the video right next to the box with the device, the other ground is the house mains and is at the opposite end of my house. I measured about 0.25V difference between the two.

Hi !

i can't open the link ! any help ?

Comment

• Originally posted by med.3012 View Post
                              Hi !
                              i can't open the link ! any help ?
                              I'm using the IPFS system to replicate files to the internet. It's like bittorrent, it takes a little while to seed so if you try it too soon after I post it then it may not work. I checked both links just now and they load for me, so if it's not working for you just wait a little while and try again.

Comment

I'm using the IPFS system to replicate files to the internet. It's like bittorrent, it takes a little while to seed so if you try it too soon after I post it then it may not work. I checked both links just now and they load for me, so if it's not working for you just wait a little while and try again.

ok i will try later

Comment

Working...
                                X