Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imho

Originally posted by soundiceuk View Post
    After giving it some thought, I wouldn't be doing you a favour.

There is no point feeding a delusion.

Unfortunately it is a dead end. It cost me a large chunk of my time.

As you will appreciate time is precious.

My purpose here is to provide a huge time saving solution that will better humanity.

I feel I would be doing something negative providing anything that will waste time.

Too much time has been wasted already!

Don's radiant energy chapter is finished but the next radiant energy chapter continues.
    SOUNDICEUK : I am quite fine with wasting my time.I have a lot of it.Whether or not your release the material is really independent of the how time I have to waste.

Patrick Kelly's book is massive.Clearly one would not be in their right mind to try everything.

Most of Don's work I take as entermainment and grounds for research and possible implementation (like a good or bad book).When I read his work I can always fact check aspects of his work.I repeat.Please do not be concerned about me wasting time.Maybe others but not me.I do have a part of the Don Smith's Library.Interesting reading but certainly not time wasting for me at all.

But then again its your material so its your choice whether to release it or not.

I do not agree with you that you releasing whatever bits and pieces you have left will be feeding a delusion.Far from it, it has allowed me to learn many other things.Like making a highly efficient transformer or generators like you said.

If you have a change of heart, you can pm or send to a dropbox if you simply don't want to endanger the masses.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gedfire; 12-17-2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Antenna Measurements

Ok, here's what I found putting the scope on the end of the antenna. I was a little hesitant to try it for fear of frying my scope, but it worked OK and no scope damage. The open-circuit waveform with just the scope probe attached was, as expected, totally dominated by 60 Hz power line coupling. So much that it nearly saturated the scope input and really no other frequencies can be discerned, just a nice 60 Hz sine wave with a little flattopping.

However, what we are interested in with these experiments is not voltage but current. The 1/4 wave resonance of the antenna should be a voltage node but a current antinode, so it doesn't really show up if you use a spectrum analyzer directly on the antenna open-circuit. What you see instead is the half-wave resonance at double the quarter-wave frequency, as serendipitor described. If only there was some nifty simple passive device that converts current to voltage.... Oh wait, there is! By ohm's law, a current through a resistor causes a voltage drop across the resistor. So I put a 1K resistor between the antenna and ground and measured the voltage drop across the resistor. The main signal from the antenna is very apparent but at 1.44 MHz. Somehow the antenna is ringing at its third harmonic (3/4 wave resonance) so the true 1/4 wave frequency would be 480 KHz. So my antenna length is about right. In spite of the harmonic, there should still be significant energy at the 480 KHz fundamental frequency that the coil set is designed for, so I am proceeding as planned. If this fails I may have to build a new set of coils tuned for 1.44 MHz, which would be significantly smaller. But hopefully the atmospheric energy we're after doesn't really care, I'll find out soon enough.

I also took a set of measurements using the function generator as serendipitor described. This involved just hooking up the hot lead of the function generator to the end feedpoint of the antenna and putting the scope probe at the same point. Most function generators have an output impedance of 50 ohms and apparently this is enough to shift the frequency some, as I measured a very distinct dip in the amplitude of the voltage waveform at a center frequency of 533 KHz, with the 3 dB points at 502 and 583 KHz. My function generator goes up to about 2 MHz, so I tuned up and found the third harmonic at 1657 KHz with a similar dip in impedance.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Dear All,

Here is someone "wasting time" watch fully before commenting please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kde3gJK9x0I

Now Don said he had an infinity battery system too...THIS IS SIXTY MINUTES !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
          Dear All,

Here is someone "wasting time" watch fully before commenting please!

Now Don said he had an infinity battery system too...THIS IS SIXTY MINUTES !!!

Thanks very much for wasting my time , Yes Don Smith talked about a small box that could generate high voltage and high current almost from tiny voltage, in one video he talked about a kind of airplane that run on his system !!

at the time when we have a lots of disagreements some people there are making some scientific miracles ...

Comment

• First tests

My antenna measurements turned out quite similar to tswift. Using the latest circuit, 5.4.7, it is clear that the spark gap requires voltage peaks coming from the antenna in order to fire. This is quite different from the previous version, 5.4.6, which would energize the spark gap through the circuitry itself.

With the voltage across C1 at 10kV, spark gap spaced as minimally as I could (paper thickness) I am only seeing a discharge about once per second. I suspect that in a climate such as Tesla's Colorado Springs: very dry, high altitude, and electrically active, one would see more rapid sparking than this. In my low altitude, humid situation, with the antenna running under many large fir trees, there is not enough static around to make sufficient pulse rates, despite my trials of tuning to different frequencies. I believe my ground situation is adequate, with 2 1.2m copper coated ground rods, one in a small stream bed, the other in a wet area of standing water.

I await other reports and suggestions. I will consider the previous circuit for tests as well. Also, I will look at the antenna's output signal by itself, but with varying amounts of DC voltage on it, after properly decoupling the scope input, of course.
            Last edited by serendipitor; 12-19-2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Celebrate, not negate!

Originally posted by med.3012 View Post

Thanks very much for wasting my time , Yes Don Smith talked about a small box that could generate high voltage and high current almost from tiny voltage, in one video he talked about a kind of airplane that run on his system !!

at the time when we have a lots of disagreements some people there are making some scientific miracles ...
              MED 3012,

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME!!!!

I am very impressed! The implications are STAGGERING. I don't know if we need another thread to start trying some replications.

I am FASCINATED.I can see the connections with the plate type devices of Donald S.

I am and will remain a proud "time waster" .

We are grown adults here and can afford to waste time if we so desire.

None of the Naysayers here at this point in time has evidence to surpass what has been presented here:

The prestigious 60 minutes Interview.

So IMO, no aerials ,no coils, no caps, no HV,HF , no tuning , OMG!!!

We should be celebrating this success and heading for replications .

I already have several theories.

Gentlemen and Women,please left your Glass to these hardworking inventors. again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                MED 3012,

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME!!!!

I am very impressed! The implications are STAGGERING. I don't know if we need another thread to start trying some replications.

I am FASCINATED.I can see the connections with the plate type devices of Donald S.

I am and will remain a proud "time waster" .

We are grown adults here and can afford to waste time if we so desire.

None of the Naysayers here at this point in time has evidence to surpass what has been presented here:

The prestigious 60 minutes Interview.

So IMO, no aerials ,no coils, no caps, no HV,HF , no tuning , OMG!!!

We should be celebrating this success and heading for replications .

I already have several theories.

Gentlemen and Women,please left your Glass to these hardworking inventors. again!

thank you for the exciting video but in my opinion these technologies will remain very expensive for example the video said 7000 Dollars for each box , according my knowledge about DS system i think it's very cheap compared the bloom box because you don't need special construction ( the construction of these plates in bloom box is a secret and need a high unavailable technology in the rest of the world ... )

in the resonance system everything is ready but we only need the right combination !

Comment

• How can you compare a fuel cell to radiant energy?

Apples and oranges.

That's like comparing a petrol engine to a solar panel!

Comment

• Of the Don Smith devices I have seen him many times refer to the plasma tube device, so I purchased an 18" plasma tube, a novelty compared to the 6" dia, 4' tall ones Don suggests using. Once plugged in it emits a magnetic field detectable with a handheld voltage detector for about 2 foot in every direction. I made a 2 plate capacitor using aluminum and plastic 12 inch square with a hole in the center. I did not connect wires yet, but when lowered over the plasma tube, I can touch one end of a neon bulb to it and it glows. raise it up and the bulb goes out. leave the bulb in place but remove the capacitor it does not light. The field generated by the plasma tube is affecting the capacitor as measured by the neon bulb. tomorrow I will probably hook wires and a rectifier as don said could easily be done and see if any useful current is produced. His instructions were to use copper and aluminum and I couldn't find a sheet of copper readily. not sure how much that would change things but thinking about the magnet inside the copper tube demonstration, using copper might be important.

also interesting is that the plasma tube is placed inside of the don smith tabletop device secondary coil in place of the sliding l1 coil, I get the neon bulb to light when touching it to any part of the circuit. slide the plasma tube out and the light goes out...I can only imagine if I had a 12" stack of plates all being subject to the magnetic field of the plasma tube.

Comment

• Tesluh, thank you for stepping up to the plate and giving this a try. I tried building this rig but with a slayer exciter resonator coil as the dipole, not the plasma tube. As you no doubt are aware, large plasma tubes get quite expensive. I never could produce any anomalous results with it, but I understand (or think I understand) radiant energy better now than I did back when I tried this a couple years ago.

To me, this device illustrates very simply and clearly the principle that Don Smith (re)discovered: that when you put a capacitor next to a high voltage source such that the capacitor is within the disturbed electric field, SOMETHING unusual happens. The charge in the capacitor takes on a radiant character. To get overunity gain from it, you then have to discharge the capacitor into a transformer of some kind, because the radiant part of the charge isn't subject to Lenz's law. Look at every Don Smith device, all the variations, and you will see a high voltage source next to some big capacitors. This is entirely on purpose and essential to producing the Don Smith effect. In the tabletop device, the resonant coils that make up the transformer are doing double duty and also serving as the high voltage source disturbing the ambient electric environment around the storage capacitors. The gel-cell battery is the first stage radiant receiver and the big storage caps are the second stage to get multiplied power gain for big output. I don't think the copper is an essential feature, because so many of Don's devices use standard off-the-shelf caps with plates made from no telling what metal. Possibly copper, possibly aluminum, possibly something else.

I think the key to getting overunity output from the plasma tube arrangement (or the plasma ball arrangement for that matter) is to let the capacitor float un-ground-referenced at "ambient" voltage around the plasma tube, so you have to use an output inverter that has the drive circuitry isolated (not common ground) from the output side. Some are like this, I know the little Radio Shack inverter Don used is because I happened to have one from years ago and I tested it. If you don't use an output transformer of some kind you won't see any gain, just a tiny current from the avramenko effect pumping charge through the cap and diode bridge. If you use an output transformer or inverter that ties the input cap to ground, I strongly suspect you won't get any anomalous results this way either.

But the only way to find out for sure is to TRY IT FOR YOURSELF, which is what most people won't do. Reading forums can be good for research and saving time by not having to reinvent the wheel, but ultimately you have to be ready, willing, and able to put things to the test on your own workbench to settle whose ideas are correct and whose aren't. Whether it works or whether it doesn't, either way your knowledge will be a little farther along and you are that much closer to the truth.

Comment

• I have a radio shack inverter, I will rectify and try that as you suggest. I have been reading about the inverter being necessary to see any effects.

Comment

• I used one wire from each plate and put them on the a/c sides of 4 ux-fob diodes made into a bridge rectifier, then from the dc sides I attached the radio shack inverter. no noticeable power.

One thing that I did notice though, when I did this the first time, the bulb lit. then after a few tries it would not light whatsoever. tried again today and it lit. I realized that when I touch the plate capacitor the light goes out and when I stop it goes back on. this confirms what you are saying about making sure the capacitor plates are not grounded, I was grounding them by touching them.

Comment

• Yes, now you see the problem with most of the Don Smith device configurations. Maybe the physics is for real and the capacitor is acting as a receiver of radiant energy somehow, but if you can't get enough current to run the inverter you'll never find out. Test your inverter running from a 12V battery or power supply and measure the idle current draw. The cap and diode arrangement has to be capable of supplying at least this much current to run the switching logic inside the inverter, regardless of any output draw. Some inverters are better than others, but even most small inverters need more than 100 mA at idle. It's not easy to measure how much current you can get from the cap and diodes because it's not ground referenced. Using something like a good old fashioned analog panel milliammeter in place of the bulb might be one way.

I have done a LOT of reading and watching of all the Don Smith source material and I still think the only plausible overunity mechanism that seems to hold true for all of Don's various devices is the one I have described, where the cap (or battery) picks up a radiant component when being charged within the "disturbed" area of ambient electric field around an oscillating high voltage source. This doesn't look any different than normal charge, until you send it through a transformer or motor. The magnetic device shows the magic because the radiant part isn't subject to Lenz's law. It's a two-step process, first you have to receive it and then you have to convert it back to regular electricity. If you don't do the second step you won't see any overunity gain.

But even knowing how it is supposed to work, reproducing it on the bench seems very difficult. Some of the problems are practical ones, like getting enough current to run an inverter. There is also the tricky problem of the grounding. Which side is grounded? Is there one ground or two separate ones? Is there a resistor to ground? I have tried every combination I could think of without obviously positive results, but please experiment for yourself and see if you can find something that works or at least produces anomalous results. Even though I personally haven't achieved clearly measurable overunity gain, I have seen a bunch of weird stuff, like getting shocked from a discharged cap and batteries with voltages that go high then low then high again then completely unmeasurable on the meter. So I know we're on the right track here and sooner or later some combination will work. I am quite optimistic about this test configuration I'm building right now, I think there is a good chance it will work and give the results we're looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by serendipitor View Post
                              My antenna measurements turned out quite similar to tswift. Using the latest circuit, 5.4.7, it is clear that the spark gap requires voltage peaks coming from the antenna in order to fire. This is quite different from the previous version, 5.4.6, which would energize the spark gap through the circuitry itself.

With the voltage across C1 at 10kV, spark gap spaced as minimally as I could (paper thickness) I am only seeing a discharge about once per second. I suspect that in a climate such as Tesla's Colorado Springs: very dry, high altitude, and electrically active, one would see more rapid sparking than this. In my low altitude, humid situation, with the antenna running under many large fir trees, there is not enough static around to make sufficient pulse rates, despite my trials of tuning to different frequencies. I believe my ground situation is adequate, with 2 1.2m copper coated ground rods, one in a small stream bed, the other in a wet area of standing water.

I await other reports and suggestions. I will consider the previous circuit for tests as well. Also, I will look at the antenna's output signal by itself, but with varying amounts of DC voltage on it, after properly decoupling the scope input, of course.
                              With a multiplier the spark rate will increase.

Depends how big a multiplier you use.

Your ground situation sounds very good.

The DC reading is the source.

Comment

• Simple Easy Cheap Fuel Cell

Originally posted by med.3012 View Post

thank you for the exciting video but in my opinion these technologies will remain very expensive for example the video said 7000 Dollars for each box , according my knowledge about DS system i think it's very cheap compared the bloom box because you don't need special construction ( the construction of these plates in bloom box is a secret and need a high unavailable technology in the rest of the world ... )

in the resonance system everything is ready but we only need the right combination !
                                Lol,

Med, not to worry, these guys intentionally used jargon,exotic materials and secrecy to prevent us from making the same stuff in our backyards.The secrecy part is usually some easily available or cheap materials.(If it was uranium or some rare earth metals etc which you just cannot easily extract and manufacture in your garage, you would know!!!)

What we need to establish are principles of operations and use cheaper easily available materials and there are ,many clues.

Its the closest device to it an electret or crystal batteries.Not saying it is..It could be a more advanced electret/ crystal type battery.

I think a replication should be fairly easy.

In fact its not too far off in principle to the guys doing the aerial stuff.

Don said and I paraphrase:" disturb ambient...and collect the energy..."

This from my notes dated August 8, 2015 when I was researching other stuff.

This is a really really late post but something interesting about magnesium. Take a copper end cap, say a 1.5 inch cap. cut a 3/4\" piece of wood,put in the bottom of the cap. Glue a 2 inch, .5 inch diameter magnesium rod to the wood. then you take equal parts of Alum, Borax, Epsom salts, and potassium chloride know as dietary salt mixed up very well, heat it until it becomes liquid. Do it gently, its not dangerous but you do not want any of the chemicals damaged such that they appear white on the bottom of the container while you are cooking the mixture. When it becomes the consistency of why honey and can be poured easily, poor it in the can right up to the top of the copper. This will make a battery that will put out about 1.2 to 1.4 volts. I have a string of 9, in series, running 7 leds wired in parallel, for 24/7. Its been running for a month now and no voltage drop to this point. strange thing, it seems to be self regulating somehow. voltage drops to 2.9 volts or so and runs at 6 ma. If I add another LED to it the voltage, and the current stay the same, and finally, leds require no current limiting resister and run at full brightness. A regular led will run on two cells, high intensity leds require 3 or 4 minimum.

Help correcting magnesium flammability misunderstanding? - Magnesium . com - Forum Yeah, simple ,cheap stuff with implications if researched properly.

And :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triboelectric_effect Here you will be reminded of how the pumped in AIR by the Bloom Device might boost performance.They are dropping hints all over the place.So now to do a rough prototype?

I am really not concern about their secrets.They are not the only smart people around, just the ones with more resources and time to theorise, test, develop, finally commercialised like the aerial guys are currently doing here.
                                Last edited by Gedfire; 12-21-2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X