Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zilano build notes from PJK files

Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
    The picture you posted bring in my memory the suggested design made by Zilano ....80 turns transformer and 5 + 5 turns in secondary for stepping down the voltage...In the picture I see another transformer noted with red collor A and B (primary and secondary) ...is not clear for me for what is necessary this? Don,t we already stepped down in the first section? (80 turns primary and 5+5 secondary )

Another unclarity is what gauge of wire is used in the 80 turn coil?Can you please give me a clue how to choose it?
    Hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

the only thing you have achieved by the 80 - 5/5 setup is to harvest energy from the ambient background. most generally the voltage you have ended up with will be in higher level than 220v for international countries or the 120v for USA and will be at a HIGH frequency which is necessary to harvest ambient energy. your country I assume has 220v @ 50HZ. if you just try to hook any higher voltage and its high frequency from the 80 - 5/5 setup to anything other than light bulbs you will FRY them (TV, refrig, computor, motors, etc.) instantly because the have components in them that WILL NOT handle high voltage nor high frequency!!! That is why you have to step the voltage down further if necessary AND to place a capacitor ACROSS the input leads of this additional step down transformer to FILTER the frequency to 50 or 60 HZ as the case may be.

This additional transformer may be a step down or just a regular isolation transformer DEPENDING again on what you need it to do!!! if the output from the 80 - 5/5 unit is already 220v (International countries systems) then a isolation type (same no. of primary windings as no. of secondary wings) would be in order to filter the high frequency to 50HZ.

I have attached PJK Zilano notes on 80 - 5/5 wire size.
    happy building!
    as always, mike onward!
    Last edited by clarence; 07-31-2014, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
      Hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

the only thing you have achieved by the 80 - 5/5 setup is to harvest energy from the ambient background. most generally the voltage you have ended up with will be in higher level than 220v for international countries or the 120v for USA and will be at a HIGH frequency which is necessary to harvest ambient energy. your country I assume has 220v @ 50HZ. if you just try to hook any higher voltage and its high frequency from the 80 - 5/5 setup to anything other than light bulbs you will FRY them (TV, refrig, computor, motors, etc.) instantly because the have components in them that WILL NOT handle high voltage nor high frequency!!! That is why you have to step the voltage down further if necessary AND to place a capacitor ACROSS the input leads of this additional step down transformer to FILTER the frequency to 50 or 60 HZ as the case may be.

This additional transformer may be a step down or just a regular isolation transformer DEPENDING again on what you need it to do!!! if the output from the 80 - 5/5 unit is already 220v (International countries systems) then a isolation type (same no. of primary windings as no. of secondary wings) would be in order to filter the high frequency to 50HZ.

I have attached PJK Zilano notes on 80 - 5/5 wire size.
      happy building!
      as always, mike onward!
      I know that notes; is made by vrand if I recall and was put by him in some collected posts from zilano material ;I don,t recall zilano says something about thickness of his wires...In don smith type device, from your writings I understand, was used #10 AWG wire ,this means 2,59 mm diameter wire for his multikilowat unit and here at much lower power we are using 6mm diameter wire ? For me seems to be too big the size of wire...maybe vrand want to say 0.6 mm ? I don,t know... I will try to send him a PM;I hope he will answer about this....

Anyway thanks ....
      Last edited by sinergicus; 07-13-2013, 05:32 AM.

Comment

• Two Differnt Builds!

Originally posted by sinergicus View Post
        I know that notes; is made by vrand if I recall and was put by him in some collected posts from zilano material ;I don,t recall zilano says something about thickness of his wires...In don smith type device, from your writings I understand, was used #10 AWG wire ,this means 2,59 mm diameter wire for his multikilowat unit and here at much lower power we are using 6mm diameter wire ? For me seems to be too big the number of wire...maybe vrand want to say 0.6 mm ? I don,t know... I will try to send him a PM;I hope he will answer about this....

Anyway thanks ....
        Hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

you are confusing two different type builds of DON. the one that I am building DOES use the # 10 wire guage in both primary and secondary as I showed it in build I posted on post # 9661.

the other type DON build does use the wire sizes as shown by Zilano in the PJK notes I posted in the above post showing those wire sizes. AGAIN these are two different types of builds altogether! DON had many of them.

as to your thinking, just read the attached Zilano info notes pertaining to the 80 - 5/5 build and I believe you are correct as it says " THIN " wire for the 80 turns and " thick " for the 5/5 turns. Just make it your call and go for it!

as always, mike onward!
        Last edited by clarence; 08-16-2013, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
          Hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

you are confusing two different type builds of DON. the one that I am building DOES use the # 10 wire guage in both primary and secondary as I showed it in build I posted on post # 9661.

the other type DON build does use the wire sizes as shown by Zilano in the PJK notes I posted in the above post showing those wire sizes. AGAIN these are two different types of builds altogether! DON had many of them.

as to your thinking, just read the attached Zilano info notes pertaining to the 80 - 5/5 build and I believe you are correct as it says " THIN " wire for the 80 turns and " thick " for the 5/5 turns. Just make it your call and go for it!

as always, mike onward!

Oh ...ok, here are my (theoretical) thoughts. The first spark gap is there not for resonant action but to limit voltage rise because if you have a tank circuit without power connection there is no series or parallel configuration - it is one and only resonant circuit rising both amperage and voltage (I'm still not sure how to control that). The most problematic is diode. Think that way : tank circuit has high resonant frequency, how that affect diode ???? Surely you find out it's a very tight bond for diode selection. It has to be HV HF and very fast and do not leak or pass high frequency back (at least not much).

The problem with all such devices is easy : all parts required to easy make such devices are wiped out from the market

Comment

• When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
            ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Seems you cannot correct own posts now

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw;
              Oh ...ok, here are my (theoretical) thoughts. The first spark gap is there not for resonant action but to limit voltage rise because if you have a tank circuit without power connection there is no series or parallel configuration - it is one and only resonant circuit rising both amperage and voltage (I'm still not sure how to control that). The most problematic is diode. Think that way : tank circuit has high resonant frequency, how that affect diode ???? Surely you find out it's a very tight bond for diode selection. It has to be HV HF and very fast and do not leak or pass high frequency back (at least not much).

The problem with all such devices is easy : all parts required to easy make such devices are wiped out from the market
              ....Save your time here Boguslaw. When you give these people a hint, they go in hiding.
              When you ask them a question, they go in hiding.

These people show a technical knowledge that is below an average high school,
              very undisciplined and a lot of low moral and or culture.
              As we say here, these people don't track.
              Last edited by Hobby Eon; 07-13-2013, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• strange replies

Hi everybody!
                Odd things happens everywhere, and this thread is not saved in that behaviour.
                The high skool guys made their appearance and try to impose their "show of"
                of their "great luggage" of wisdom and knowledge!
                Are you serious people !? lol
                Furthermore as this is not enough off them, their imense wisdom "gives away"
                their profound wisdom in form of hints here and there and blame the "crowd" for
                their lack of High Skool education and such things, because damn they be, they take not even a dime of their sparkled hints of knowledge
                which damn, yea, these hints could save their useless life. Phheeewww, Duh, cha etc...

What is the moral of the story then ?
                Simple: Since you (the crowd) are dumb enough to grasp seeds of knowledge, you, probably
                should consider to go da "high skool" way to learn a bunch of thermodynamic laws,
                and to not search for free enegy myths around the corner of the web. Got it ?
                If yes, then you are good to go! If not , poor you!

Strange enough, btw, is that Don used to say that one have to have no more than "moron" comprehension level of brainpower
                to understand the simple principles of his devices, hence, no "high skool" guy/gal brain-washed-power !
                See , huh ?

5 Things You Don't Learn About High School Until Too Late | Cracked.com
                Me likes especially point #4.Not Every Teacher Knows What They're Teaching.
                Nice huh ?

The rest is story, just because, if you, the tinkerer have not every aspect of
                what you are testing, in plain paper, well-explained, than most probably you
                shouldn`t play no more with your toys anymo... (i.e Joe Cell case)
                And since "they" , the "Elite" is "taking care" of these mysterious phantom
                theories you do not have to worry about, be cute, ok !?

You know what people ? I say F@%# da System! then.
                Instead do "reinvent the wheel" according to your comprehension level
                with help of like-minded folks and do give a big damn to da "system"!
                HowStuffWorks "15 Notable People Who Dropped Out of School"

<< BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobby Eon View Post
                  ....Save your time here Boguslaw. When you give these people a hint, they go in hiding.
                  When you ask them a question, they go in hiding.

These people show a technical knowledge that is below an average high school,
                  very undisciplined and a lot of low moral and or culture.
                  As we say here, these people don't track.
                  What are you always mumbling about?

I'm 49years old, measure everything I do with scopes, trying to make it fit within reasonable logic.

What is this high school stuff you'r talking about.

You just cant go on putting people down in this forum.

Comment

• New Info - Happy Days For Us All!

Originally posted by clarence View Post
                    Hello sinergicus,

Clarence,

as always, mike onward!
                    Hello sinergicus,

since my last post #9670 about the wire sizes and also with reference to my post #9661 about my don slider 3" coil replication I have done a lot of in depth looking back over my research efforts to see if there was anything I possibly had overlooked by accident that would be definitely useful to us replicators.

BINGO! BINGO! BINGO!

First with reference to your desire for the 80 turn primary coil. Zolina had advocated hand winding the 80 turns on a 2" PVC tube. a 2" PVC tube has an OD of 2.375" approx. Happy day for you - BARKER & WILLIAMSON makes what they call a MINIDUCTOR coil - their part # 3030 (3906-1) @ 90UF @ 8 turns to the inch as 21/2 " coil and the total coil length IS 10 inches which gives you the 80 turn coil you were looking for. and the wire guage is 14 AWG which is plenty close enough to the "thin" wire size you were looking for. their cost is 100.00 USA plus shipping. but this saves a WHOLE lot of effort on your part and then you can use a thick enough heavy wire (amperage handling ability of the wire size should tell you!) to hand wind the 5/5 rest of the step down set up. I believe you can find some marine type battery tinned multistranded insulated cable that is flexible enough to use for your purpose. just wanted to pass some info on that might help!

Now on to the DON type 3" L1 coil build I was talking about in post #6661 and also a later post about a mystery problem I had encountered. I had stated that DON had either done something or HAD someone do something to alleviate what I considered a problem. actually I have found by this new look research that I was WRONG and RIGHT at the same time!

I thought DON had used a 3" BARKER & WILLIAMSON air dux coil with the round polycarbonate rods with a coil inductance of 32UH. he DIDN'T!
                    he used a MINIDUCTOR coil THAT COMES WITH THE FLAT RIBS! its a 4 turn to the inch coil @ the same 3" and 10" length and also has the same 32UH inductance value - - HOWEVER it only came in a #12 AWG instead of a #10 AWG and this is evidently what he used and is the reason the white PVC tube with the red wire wound on the outside between two pieces of 2" PVC sleeve could slide back and forth with ease!!

Typical with DON he had already solved my mystery before it ever got started!! Ha Ha - Oh Well. at least this disclosure of this information will be available to help actual replicators!

I have attached a photo of one of B&W actual flat ribbed coils that they sent me as I requested to see the actual construction photos and they quickly did.

as always, mike onward!
                    Last edited by clarence; 08-16-2013, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Time to Build Japanese C Machine Report

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                      Here is preview of one of a series of experiments.Just need to turn the juice on for this one.

1st up the Japanese Coke Machine Mod 110vac at 12vac 50 hz. to diode bridge 50 amps.2 F 16vdc car audio cap back to 750 watt inverter.(yeah, no NST with ferrite core, 30,000hz,2000v to 4000v and SCR based inverter.But more to come.)

Will it work?

stayed tuned...

Hi All,

First thing:NOTHING WAS BURNED UP DURING THIS PHASE OF THE EXPERIMENT.

Finally got a chance to try out this Don Mod.The 18W lighted up but the incandescent 75W struggled or rather pulsed on and off.

When the 75W was plugged directly into inverter 1 it came on and stayed on.Perfectly okay.Switching inverter positions gave the same results.

Highest frequency detected on the 110vac to 12 vac converter was 299hz when it was loaded.Lowest was 59.9hz unloaded.

Based on how the lights behaved,I have concluded this this may not be the best route to go at this time.My only lingering thoughts are about amp readings in both scenarios.Maybe next time.

However,its time to wire up the NSTs for high voltage radio frequency Action.Also,I will be exploring the use of ferrite as transformer cores,tesla suggested windings,GDT and self resonant driver/coil combos.And for those who are still interested,I am pushing ahead with a motor generator /don smith combo device.More to come.

Ged
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Gedfire; 07-19-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Only for Experimenters

Гость УСТАНОВКА 2 kwatts on 220V
                        Гость УСТАНОВКА - YouTube

Author achieved 2kWatt output power with 100watts input.

Use Nanoperm stripes 2cm = about 1 inch wide.
                        Master ТДКС oscillator (HV-TV transformer with built in HV diode(s)) must be very stable and thermally compensated. Any industrial ШИИ (PCM) will be good here. Also you can use master oscillator based on microcontrollers and high speed mosfet drivers. For isolation use GDT gate drive transformers. Optics is too slow here. Schematics can be found on internet.

This circuit need very fine tuning and very sensitive is to pulse-with and Cкважность parameters.

Cкважность is our Russian term and means pulse period-to-pulse duration ratio or relative pulse duration.

S=1/D

D= duty cycle.

Use Aviation aluminium for tube. Diamtere 5 cm - 2inches. Bifilar was wounded in counter-plan. 1/2 half righ direction - other 1/2 left. About 80 windings each. Output power also depend from distance between Nanoperm windings. Tune it between 1-2.5 mm and keep the distance step constant.

Use good Earth grounding. Heavy cooper bars deep in wet soil and check earth conductor with compass !!

Удачи !!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by SERG V.; 07-19-2013, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                          But Clarence you wound the L2's opposite turn direction, when Don clearly
                          shows in pictures that the two sides of L2 are made from one coil, and so are
                          both the same turn direction in his photo's.
                          I wouldn't have caught that if you hadn't said anything. Thanks

Comment

• hi all.anyone lookin for a good diode for collapsing field spike recovery, get yourself some schottky 1n5819s. i got 10 of them and they measure .17 to .18 forward voltage. .145 with 3 in parallel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                              Most of the folks here struggling with resonance should just build a small pair
                              of Tesla coils and experiment with those to get a handle on resonance.

Basically in my opinion there are two ways to do it, wind the coils a bit long
                              and tune the length of the coils or just wind the coils to be what sounds reasonable
                              then tune them with capacitors. Unless a capcitorless tune is wanted then I
                              don't see why the big fuss, if tuning with capacitors anyway, you just don't
                              want to use 400 nF to tune three turns to a reasonable frequency, the lower
                              the capacitance on the L2 the better.

The L1 will always need capacitance because it is much less inductance and
                              helps to be tuned to the same frequency as the secondary.

Lets say you wind an L2 to be 14 uH and a L1 to be 1 uH then if 47 nF is
                              added to the L2 it will have a resonant frequency of 196.2 Khz, so to match
                              that the L1 needs to have 655 nF. But in practice when the coils are put
                              together and a ground connection is made things change a bit as pointed out
                              by Gyula, this is well known.

They call this stuff tuned circuits for a reason, they must be tuned to the
                              desired frequency and to the resonance effect desired.

Tesla explains all of this many times and what Tesla says does not jive with what Don Smith says.

Once one learns how to achieve resonance, what is required and what must
                              be done, then it's just a matter of routine.

Get a Function generator and an oscilloscope rated for the frequencies you
                              want to use, with that a person can tune a setup to very close to frequency
                              they want with resonance on both L1 and L2, resonance on L1 is not
                              absolutely necessary but it helps in my opinion to improve output a lot, any
                              increase in amplitude on the primary will be multiplied by the secondary, but
                              that is just amplitude not energy.

Not one person has convincingly shown more energy out than in with a Don Smith setup.

A word of warning, using this kind of circuit produces various problems for
                              other electronic equipment in close proximity, Tesla coils do that, a powerful
                              Tesla coil can render sofisticated electronic equipment totally useless or even
                              dangerous.

I'm not a radio ham but I can build and tune any transformer to resonance
                              within the frequency limitations of my equipment. It actually very simple once
                              the hard yards are done. But no one can do the hard yards for anyone else.
                              To build and use resonant devices you must understand resonance in a
                              practical way. Not so much in a books way. Just cutting some wires to a
                              certain length will never work unless by blind luck or very clear instructions
                              are given and followed to the letter.

Cheers
                              Brilliants words precisely what i have done with recent T.Magnifier Transmitter building experiments, most significant being L1 cap selection, and tap location of L1.

If one can't notice a pronounced peak arc from sweeping thru the L and C values you have at hand, then your L2 was never close to matching in the first place typically the solution.... less capacitance in primary.. and possibly slight capacitance in secondary...

just like Farmhand said

And people must understand that the Free ended Resonator (which is just simply absent from the Smith builds) is the true output coil which Tesla intended.

I have come to the conclusion that Mr Smith deliberately left it out, because all he speaks of is in line with Tesla and even Eric Dollard's recent and previously posted material. and there is a strangely similar double ended bipolar type build that Dollard has shown in an older Borderland era picture... hmmm

The missing component being the separation of EM from the output... The free ended Resonator, but still that says little to myself or any other experimenter until dealt with first hand, and this has still yet to be solidly established if it can be done in low power situations.

My reading has indicated that a certain power threshold must be crossed, that being above 2 KW where the Magnifier for example begins to dominate similar built 2 coil systems for .....whatever reason (L1 to L2 setups being standard EM and the open ended coil or extra coil being the actual 1/4 wave Resonator)
                              Last edited by mr.clean; 07-20-2013, 03:16 PM.
                              In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                              In the expert's mind there are few.
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by SERG V. View Post
                                Only for Experimenters

Гость УСТАНОВКА 2 kwatts on 220V
                                Гость УСТАНОВКА - YouTube

Author achieved 2kWatt output power with 100watts input.

Use Nanoperm stripes 2cm = about 1 inch wide.
                                Master ТДКС oscillator (HV-TV transformer with built in HV diode(s)) must be very stable and thermally compensated. Any industrial ШИИ (PCM) will be good here. Also you can use master oscillator based on microcontrollers and high speed mosfet drivers. For isolation use GDT gate drive transformers. Optics is too slow here. Schematics can be found on internet.

This circuit need very fine tuning and very sensitive is to pulse-with and Cкважность parameters.

Cкважность is our Russian term and means pulse period-to-pulse duration ratio or relative pulse duration.

S=1/D

D= duty cycle.

Use Aviation aluminium for tube. Diamtere 5 cm - 2inches. Bifilar was wounded in counter-plan. 1/2 half righ direction - other 1/2 left. About 80 windings each. Output power also depend from distance between Nanoperm windings. Tune it between 1-2.5 mm and keep the distance step constant.

Use good Earth grounding. Heavy cooper bars deep in wet soil and check earth conductor with compass !!

Удачи !!
                                wow now this is good stuff, thankyou for thinking of us Serg
                                All info is good
                                In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                                In the expert's mind there are few.
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X