Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
    hi all. this is a good read for those thirsty for understanding, that haven't already read it. it's a bit long, but it ties a lot of stuff together, connects a lot of dots with easy to digest terminology.
    Article:Free Electric Energy in Theory and Practice - PESWiki
    Great reading on a rainy summer day.

Thanks, hotrod68r

Comment

• Excellent

Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
      hi all. this is a good read for those thirsty for understanding, that haven't already read it. it's a bit long, but it ties a lot of stuff together, connects a lot of dots with easy to digest terminology.
      Article:Free Electric Energy in Theory and Practice - PESWiki
      This is an excellent or rather very useful and worthwhile information for me to chew on! Thanks man! Keep tossing the good stuff. I am even happier now I have a comprehensive source for free energy info.

Still focused,
      Ged
      Last edited by Gedfire; 07-02-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• hi all. the suggestion here, is that you can switch a ferrite bar permanent magnet off at will by applying a 170-180khz square wave alternating current directly through the magnet at right angles to the magnetic field,using a tiny current at 12-20 volts. has anyone heard of this or tried it/can confirm or deny?
        On/off switch for permanent magnet
        if you get a page that says would you like to register you can click on no thanks and go to the interesting bit.
        boguslaw and gyula, you guys were aware of this 4 years ago. any comments.
        let me know if it's rubbish and i'l delete it. cheers all.
        Last edited by hotrod68r; 07-03-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

hi all. the suggestion here, is that you can switch a ferrite bar permanent magnet off at will by applying a 170-180khz square wave alternating current directly through the magnet at right angles to the magnetic field,using a tiny current at 12-20 volts. has anyone heard of this or tried it/can confirm or deny?
          if you get a page that says would you like to register you can click on no thanks and go to the interesting bit.
          I think that there is no such thing as a tiny current if you put 12v through a magnet.

It will be a dead short.

Comment

• i made a quick test. Just connected a round ferrite magnet to 10vpp functiongenerator. Its resistance was 0.24 megaohm from side to side, so indeed needs only tiny current. Sweeped from 1kHz to 1Mhz. no dramatic decrease in magnetic strength. Perhaps will try to measure more accurate using another magnet and a digital scale, as i dont have a magnetometer. I will report results then

Comment

• hi mainsen. thanks for having a go. part of the deal is to apply electrically conductive adhesive or paste or something to two opposing faces on a bar magnet to spread the effect. it's said to work on a round magnet if the wires are exactly opposite so the line between them runs through the center or maybe 2 strips of aluminium or copper foil covering about a quarter of the perimeter each and taped up tightly would give a spread and the wires can probably contact the foils anywhere. cheers
              Last edited by hotrod68r; 07-06-2013, 06:39 AM.

Comment

hi all. the suggestion here, is that you can switch a ferrite bar permanent magnet off at will by applying a 170-180khz square wave alternating current directly through the magnet at right angles to the magnetic field,using a tiny current at 12-20 volts. has anyone heard of this or tried it/can confirm or deny?

Start of (boring) personal considerations...
                Do you know where is the problem ? RESOURCES ! Somebody has to have a lot of them plus help of excellent scientists to finish any device. It is really a lucky day if somebody can do this alone without any help and with very little resources... Collecting a silly parts may take years (!) , like dismantling TV yoke coils for ferrite rings or asking for them on scrap yards.
                Just a note well....I have reserved other purpose for this invention which fits it's ability perfectly .
                End of personal considerations....
                Last edited by boguslaw; 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                  I think that there is no such thing as a tiny current if you put 12v through a magnet.

It will be a dead short.
                  Yes it is correct for permanent magnets made from conducting metal (alloys) like samarium-cobalt, Neodyminium-Iron or Alu-Nickel-Cobalt.

But for a ceramic magnet i.e. ferrit magnet conduction is not really possible unless you use several houndred or thousand volts. Ferrits do not readily conduct.

@hotrod68r Yes this topic was indeed 'at stake' years ago, at other forums like overunity.com too but I am not aware of anybody's report who has had a successfull test to switch off a permanent magnet like that.

Gyula

Comment

• thanks gyula. sounds like it's more of a fairy tale than the holy grail.
                    should i delete it then?

Comment

• In theory a current through a magnet perpendicular to the magnetic field should create another magnetic field that will boost or buck the permanent magnet.

In practice its not so easy.

Its easier to do it with a coil around the magnet.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                        In theory a current through a magnet perpendicular to the magnetic field should create another magnetic field that will boost or buck the permanent magnet.

In practice its not so easy.

Its easier to do it with a coil around the magnet.
                        Yes, I agree and here is a possible setup on that: you close i.e. embed a magnet completely into a soft iron piece and wind a coil outside the soft iron to activate the magnet poles to the outside at will, see here a drawing on this: How to make bedini motor overunity ???
                        Question is how you can utilize the extra flux? Or the mere 'invisibility' of the permanent magnet? Because this setup surely hides the permanent magnet and it is very good when you get a stronger magnetic flux than an electromagnet itself would provide alone when you activate the coil but then you need to find a clever setup to utilize this extra flux.

(To embed a cylinder magnet for instance you can use a ferrite pot core for instance which has a center through-hole in its 'axle line'.)

@hotrod68r Delete it? I do not know. There are several topics in this thread already, one more does not count.

Gyula

Comment

• thanks guys. i want to ensure that all the info i bring to this thread is useful and hopefully genuine, but in a sea of rubbish and decoys there are no guaurantees. right then, hopefully this is useful. i get the impression this or something like it is 1 way to switch flux, alternatively a small toroid wound the usual way in the space between a round magnet and core is said to work. either approach might work better with a horseshoe or a closed loop design improvement. cheers
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by hotrod68r; 07-06-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Hi hotrod68r,

Looks good, do you mean to saturate the toroidal core to make the magnet see the core at the other side?

Comment

• hi gyula. not sure where i read it. i think it was info on an improved adams or bedini motor. the memory is a bit vague but it goes something like this. magnets are in the rotor, in the stator are cored coils each faced with a wound toroid that faces the rotor. when you energize the toroid winding the direction of the induced field, in the toroid, is at a right angle to the permanent magnets field and being a motor, i think from memory there is a current reversal right on t.d.c which triggers the toroid coil which nulls the pull of the magnet for a time so the rotor is pulled to t.d.c by attraction then the drag is mostly switched off. details are fuzzy. i been reading a lot lately.i'l try to find it again and come back and straighten this up a bit. i think maybe a bar or cylinder magnet has an open loop and a toroid is a closed loop which when energized can override the permanent magnets powers of attraction to the core behind it and possibly change the interaction with the toroid itself.
                              apologies everyone for speculating and rambling about a motor but the principle i think would apply to a solid state device. also here's an example of 1 type of electropermanentmagnet.these are widely used in industry and they come in different shapes and sizes. normal state is grab on. when energized they let go. another type is flip-flop with a pulse and then hold state, on or off.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by hotrod68r; 07-06-2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• improved

Here is the improved schematic from the D Smith model.
                                Just an average technical schooling could do.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X