Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • amplidyne-wikipedia is another worthwhile read.serious positive feedback technology for some reason deemed to be obsolete.i don't know if thread crossing is to be frowned upon but in the eric dollard thread,parametric variation is high on the agenda.i think eric posts on there through T.rex and says that steinmetz,heaviside and alexanderson were all big on P.V.there is some suggestion that you just have to feed a signal at frequency 2f into a LC circuit that is already resonating at it's resonant frequency f.also patrick kelly makes reference to the practice of shorting coils intermittently precisely when the field/flux is at it's maximum (rotoverter style) in his updated chapter 2.i ain't saying it's easy.i just think the concept could fill a lot of gaps in the disclosures of some of the big names.also to me it looks like a valid extension of mainstream orthodox electrical engineering that would not be at odds with the notion of overunity.

    Comment


    • Hi guys want to share this russian schematic:
      If anyone can translate I think it's informative.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
        amplidyne-wikipedia is another worthwhile read.serious positive feedback technology for some reason deemed to be obsolete.i don't know if thread crossing is to be frowned upon but in the eric dollard thread,parametric variation is high on the agenda.i think eric posts on there through T.rex and says that steinmetz,heaviside and alexanderson were all big on P.V.there is some suggestion that you just have to feed a signal at frequency 2f into a LC circuit that is already resonating at it's resonant frequency f.also patrick kelly makes reference to the practice of shorting coils intermittently precisely when the field/flux is at it's maximum (rotoverter style) in his updated chapter 2.i ain't saying it's easy.i just think the concept could fill a lot of gaps in the disclosures of some of the big names.also to me it looks like a valid extension of mainstream orthodox electrical engineering that would not be at odds with the notion of overunity.
        An important thing to take note of is that just because you have current, voltage, or power amplification, it of course doesn't mean you will have high efficiency or over unity. Depending on the exact arrangement, efficiency could even be quite poor. Also, in regards to the parametric oscillator/amplifier, it doesn't sound like positive feedback to me, but a kind of signal mixing approach that produces a summed signal with increased amplitude. The term positive feedback implies that you are feeding a portion of the output back to the input in such a way that the feedback signal boosts the input signal further. The article on the parametric oscillator/amplifier did not mention using positive feedback, but instead boosts the signal using a special signal mixing technique.
        Ok on possibly being able to mix a signal in a similar way directly in a resonant tank circuit, and on the technique of shorting a coil when coil flux has reached its maximum. Eric Dollard has discussed the coil shorting thing in some of his writings. There are many interesting approaches being experimented with out there for sure.
        level

        Comment


        • Hi All, Been quietly kerchugging along here. To all who may not be following my work, I am doing as Don Smith suggests and am working backwards from the output of what I want, back to the input. Yesterday I finnished rebuilding my rotary variable capacitor and did some tests.

          I used two OBITS as a center tapped stepdown output transformer. Also moved the plates closer together by 1/8th of an inch each, so that they are on the outside of the glass reels.
          Results: Very unusual behavior and I am still not sure what is happening. I do measure 25 VAC or so intermittently out of one obit, but the other shows .001 VAC. (I was gutsy and placed my digital VOM on the output) However, when I connect an analog meter in between the two, then it shows a induced voltage and better if I observe polarity adding. I placed a gutted cfl as a load between the other legs of the output OBITS, and it only lights when there is a air arc breakdown (at about 6.5KV). The output is much better if the other leg is disconnected or not loaded. But strange that it shows the same voltage regardless of meter setting. Also, the induced voltage rises with increased input voltage to the rotcap. Quite possible my analog meter is fried but it does change the intensity of the CFL when I change meter settings.
          So, I think I can safely say it works... sort of. The ratio of the OBITS is 10,000 to 110 per OBIT, so I should not really see very much voltage out if I can only get to 6.5KV before breakdown.

          Now to talk of the parametric oscillator, I find quite a few parallels to what I am doing here. Perhaps setting up the rotcap as a 2 pole unit (operating at fx2) the output would be the 60 cycles that I am looking for. That would allow for larger plate size hence larger capacitance.
          I also liked the following:
          When h \geq 2b, the system enters parametric resonance and the amplitude begins to grow exponentially, even in the absence of a driving force E(t).
          [edit] Advantages

          1:It is highly sensitive

          2:low noise level amplifier for ultra high frequency and microwave radio signal

          3:The unique capability to operate as a wireless powered amplifier that doesn't require internal power source[11]
          Sounds like some of the Don Smith devices to me.
          Be gone for a couple of days do more tests when I get back.

          Comment


          • New idea



            The point is, trying to use a signal with a wavelength that matches the coil wire length. As Don Smith said the coil wire length is not necessary to be the wave length with the example of stroking a bell. Ok, lets try it..

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ritualsiniestro View Post
              The point is, trying to use a signal with a wavelength that matches the coil wire length. As Don Smith said the coil wire length is not necessary to be the wave length with the example of stroking a bell. Ok, lets try it..
              Hi ritualsiniestro. It should be an interesting experiment to try. Will be interested to hear your results. I would be inclined to think that they way you have the sparkgap situated in your circuit diagram is either not going to work, or at least not going to work very well. Have you tried such an arrangement for the sparkgap, and were you able to get it to deliver any power to the primary (L1)?
              Last edited by level; 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM.
              level

              Comment


              • I've lost the enthusiasm for a while.

                I'll be back when I find it.

                Comment


                • Good , good!

                  Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                  Hi guys want to share this russian schematic:
                  If anyone can translate I think it's informative.
                  Thanks for this.Informative indeed.Where did you get it?Found this on youtube using the name on the schematic.

                  Тесла-Качер на любую частоту от Romancorp - YouTube



                  Ged
                  Last edited by Gedfire; 02-26-2013, 06:47 PM.

                  Comment


                  • And by the way, a transformer has a phaseshift of approx. 180deg between the primary and the secondary.

                    if you do one winding CCW and the other CW it actually means the current is in phase.

                    Put them in series..., well, you get it.

                    Comment


                    • And my second hobby are heatpumps, I have 5 of them.
                      Really fun toys, I love them.

                      My latest one is a 6kw heatpump, drawing 1.3kw electricity heating my 180m3 house.

                      If you heat your home with 100% electricity or burning something, dont even bother comenting this post.

                      Comment


                      • And yes, level, I'm pissed.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by janost View Post
                          And by the way, a transformer has a phaseshift of approx. 180deg between the primary and the secondary.
                          if you do one winding CCW and the other CW it actually means the current is in phase.
                          Put them in series..., well, you get it.
                          When you are talking about phase shift you need to indicate whether you are talking about phase shift between input and output waveforms and whether you are talking about phase shift between voltage or current etc. A normal transformer has no phase shift between the input voltage and output voltage waveforms. but of course if you flip the transformer output leads on the secondary around then the input and output voltage waveforms would be 180 degrees out of phase.
                          level

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by level View Post
                            When you are talking about phase shift you need to indicate whether you are talking about phase shift between input and output waveforms and whether you are talking about phase shift between voltage or current etc. A normal transformer has no phase shift between the input voltage and output voltage waveforms. but of course if you flip the transformer output leads on the secondary around then the input and output voltage waveforms would be 180 degrees out of phase.
                            The current in a transformer has phaseshift between the primary and the secondary of 180deg, 90deg in the first winding and 90deg in the second.

                            If you connect them in series and revers one of the windings, the current will be in phase and will add.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                              Thanks for this.Informative indeed.Where did you get it?Found this on youtube using the name on the schematic.

                              Тесла-Качер на любую частоту от Romancorp - YouTube



                              Ged
                              Hi Gedfire from this site:
                              ANONIMUS FREE ENERGY / FreeEnergyLT / FreeEnergyLT
                              There are alot of schematics but in russian
                              If one can translate these I think would be very good for those who want to replicate.

                              Comment


                              • Buck boost transformer

                                What janost said is correct. Connecting a transformer like that is called a buck boost configuration. Connecting the secondary in phase will give a boost in voltage and connecting it out of phase will give a reduced voltage. These have been used in industry for several decades now. There is no OU here, you are merely trading voltage for current or vice versa. You can look them up easily on the internet and learn more about them. I wired up several of them when I worked as an industrial electrician.


                                Originally posted by janost View Post
                                The current in a transformer has phaseshift between the primary and the secondary of 180deg, 90deg in the first winding and 90deg in the second.

                                If you connect them in series and revers one of the windings, the current will be in phase and will add.
                                Respectfully,
                                Carroll
                                Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone. This means YOU especially BroMikey.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X