Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imput HV diode gets hot

hallo everybody

im new here, try to replikate the TESLA/DON/ZILANO device.

i bouilt the costom made NST from zilano

the diode on the battery side are 4 times 800 volts 3 amps diods (1n5407)

why did they get very hot?

thanks 4 all

i like it to be here

lets do the good work for us and the nature, we need the new technology!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
      In this thread there is a formula we all are looking for
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...s-forum-7.html

look at T-rex description of oscillatory discharge....

I bet that equation detailed examination is what Don Smith had shown in 1996 lecture video. Depending on factor 1/LC-R^2/4L^2 I think we have ring down situation or stable sinewave or ring up. At least that's what I recall from old book I saw once...
      are you saying you have the source of the drawings in the 1996 Don presentation? i checked out the link you posted but couldnt find the link youre refering to

if you could be more specific?
      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few.
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• new vid

back again, refined a few things and ready for when i get my high freq driver fixed.
        Re-tuned the system for 70khz so that with high freq i should beat this performance
        here there are 3 x 50watt 12v bulbs

L1 is 1.075mH with 5nF
        L2 is 52uH total with 100nF
        the bulbs were fluctuating between mostly and fully lit, but input here was only about 96 watts. im still overvolting the bulbs, so i really cant turn it up too much, i would blow high voltage thru the fragile 36v series... WITH a decent amount of current
        schematic: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (exact values may vary)

Don Smith Device Project Part 37: 150 watts of Halogen Bulbs Mostly Lit - YouTube
        Last edited by mr.clean; 10-10-2012, 04:09 AM.
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
          are you saying you have the source of the drawings in the 1996 Don presentation? i checked out the link you posted but couldnt find the link youre refering to

if you could be more specific?
          Here : http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...sformer015.jpg

posted by dr-Green

I recall that factor was analysed in old book I saw , but it was not the same book as Don had shown, just the same equation was analysed.

I think I can partially give you the name of book. It was by Steinmetz about electrical discharges or oscillations.

Comment

• Ok, here Mathematical Methods for Scientists and Engineers - Donald Allan McQuarrie - Google Books

is stated that when driving frequency is exactly resonant frequency and resistance in circuit is zero the plot is exactly what Don had shown

Comment

• Don Smith Devices

Originally posted by Haffalump View Post
              Hello and thank you v much for your kind words.
              I am a hobbyist and my intrust in a FE device like Don Smith (L).
              Have some one a working F.E device?
              Where i can find "Don Smith Devices for Dummies"?

Love and Light.

Lumpy
              Where can I get a copy?

Ged

Comment

• Blue Serge, great stuff

hey anyone remember this dude...
                Tesla/Don Smith circuit - Isolation transformer - YouTube
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Blue Serge

Hallo Mr Clean
                  Yes I remember Blue Serge ..page 99 post date 02-20-2012 (thanks to Atta who told me again about him 21 days ago)
                  Very Inspiring stuf ... Love to hear of Blue Serge again
                  I think he probably got results because of all his experiments and his intention to continue the way he explained in his last video ....
                  Utopia Now

Comment

• Donald Smith device to good to be true

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                    back again, refined a few things and ready for when i get my high freq driver fixed.
                    Re-tuned the system for 70khz so that with high freq i should beat this performance

L1 is 1.075mH with 5nF
                    the bulbs were fluctuating between mostly and fully lit, but input here was only about 96 watts. im still overvolting the bulbs, so i really cant turn it up too much, i would blow high voltage thru the fragile 36v series... WITH a decent amount of current

Don Smith Device Project Part 37: 150 watts of Halogen Bulbs Mostly Lit - YouTube
                    Hi Mr. Clean

Can you please give me the exact specifications of the L1 coil, such as wire dia, coil dia, etc... I tried to design the coil using your parameters but it went nowhere. I never get the Inductance value of 1.075 mH as specified by you. Thank you for your kind attention!

Comment

• got ferrite?

Originally posted by Prio View Post
                      Hi Mr. Clean

Can you please give me the exact specifications of the L1 coil, such as wire dia, coil dia, etc... I tried to design the coil using your parameters but it went nowhere. I never get the Inductance value of 1.075 mH as specified by you. Thank you for your kind attention!
                      L1 is 102-108 turns of 14 gauge wire on 2" form, CW
                      L2 are 2x 18 turn 10 gauge wire on 3" form, CW and CCW

im sure that what you were missing were the 2 Ferrite rods inside the primary

with ferrite the high turn coil will climb several hundreds of microHenries, and the outter L2 coils measured 52uH combined.
                      You measure your coils at the higher inductance with ferrite, and calculate the capacitance and freq from there

and choose a freq above 20khz for the coils to ring at, 1.075mH and .005uf gives me 68.65khz, and 52uH and .1uf gives me 69.79khz.
                      adding 2 uH to L2 would give me a perfect match, but also removing a few turns on L1 would also give me a perfect match, either way from my experiments, that is close enough.
                      just dont forget that the width of the spark gap must be adjusted while running, and will be a balance of input voltage and sparkgap width, less input voltage, closer the gap.
                      Last edited by mr.clean; 10-11-2012, 11:43 AM.
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Ok, here Mathematical Methods for Scientists and Engineers - Donald Allan McQuarrie - Google Books

is stated that when driving frequency is exactly resonant frequency and resistance in circuit is zero the plot is exactly what Don had shown
                        WOW great stuff man, holy crap
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

L1 is 1.075mH with 5nF

Hi Kurt
                          suggestion,
                          over unity system = back emf
                          so if you will use a power inverter as by Don Smith, curve is a square wave in inverter.
                          The Back emf will be sharper than sine wave AC ?

Comment

WOW great stuff man, holy crap
                            Well...do you see what I see ? Those equations tell me that :

1. resistance in LCR circuit should be much lower then the factor of 4L/C or just as small as possible
                            2. all we need is resonance and resonant driving frequency (or harmonic)

that means WE NEED PURE SINEWAVE INPUT or a way to obtain it for this to happen

Square wave or any other wave is not good in such resonant circuits because we will have amplitude modulation if driving frequency is not exactly the same as the resonant frequency ! Surely with squarewave we have a lot of problems.

That means again : either we will use pure sinewave input power (Bertonee neon sign transformer ?) or we have to find a way to drive LCR circuit properly

Comment

That means again : either we will use pure sinewave input power (Bertonee neon sign transformer ?) or we have to find a way to drive LCR circuit properly
                              With a series L-C circuit between generator and ground, does a square wave into L not resonate as sine over C ?

Comment

Square wave or any other wave is not good in such resonant circuits because we will have amplitude modulation if driving frequency is not exactly the same as the resonant frequency ! Surely with squarewave we have a lot of problems.
                                amplitude modulation produces a signal with power concentrated at the carrier frequency and two adjacent sidebands. Each sideband is equal in bandwidth to that of the modulating signal. Nothing to do with resonnance.

In an RLC circuit, the potential energy in the form when the voltage is maximum at the terminals of the capacitor. The kinetic energy is in the form (or magnetic) when the current in the coil is at a maximum (and zero voltage on the capacitor). That the fact

Comment

Working...
                                X