Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
    Any LR circuit which is driven by an alternating source, will
    show a trough in its graph of current v. frequency.
    That frequency will be the most efficient, the resonant
    frequency; the frequency that the circuit best behaves at.
    What do you mean? pls elaborate...

LR circuits have not resonance. Not C component present... how to attain resonance in a signal with LR circuit? And how initial signal frequency can be altered to another output frquency.?

Baroutologos

Comment

Originally posted by baroutologos View Post

LR circuits have not resonance. Not C component present... how to attain resonance in a signal with LR circuit? And how initial signal frequency can be altered to another output frquency.?

Baroutologos
      An inductor ( L ) has all 3 components (L,R and C ) and all inductors have a point they can be brought to resonance based on those variables. When R is placed in series with L and C the frequency will be dampened (lowered).

I've never seen frequency dampening used like Don Smith has tried to explain, across the inductor as he did. My first impression was he was using it to create a passive voltage to current circuit but used in that way really doesn't make much sense either.
      Last edited by dragon; 07-11-2011, 02:45 AM.

Comment

I have an idea.If resistance can shift wave in phase then by intermodulation of two identical waves but shifted in phase can we obtain any other frequency ?

Comment

Originally posted by baroutologos View Post
          Baroutologos
          An LR circuit, driven by an oscillating voltage (most important), will have a resonant frequency:
          Resonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To get resonance, either the component values are changed or the driving voltage is changed so that the frequency of your oscillator is correct for the rest of the circuit.

If there is a second circuit, possibly arising from the other coil of a transformer, then the second circuit must resonate at the same frequency as the first.

I think this is correct. But there are plenty of people on this board who know a thousand times more about this than I.

Comment

Time constant of the LR circuit

As well known, the time constant of RC-circuit: T = R*C = (V/A)*(As/V) = seconds. Also LR-circuit has time constant which can be calculated: T = L/R = (Vs/A)/(V/A) = seconds. These time constants do not match exactly to the time period of the frequency in the circuit, but are closely related with it, usually with some correction factor. The time period of LC-circuit matches exactly with the time period of the angular frequency (rad/s) and is calculated: T = square root of (L*C) = square root of (Vs/A*As/V) = secods. Has to be remembered that 1 Hz = 2*pi rad/s.

Comment

Frequency out put of the Illuma storm

Originally posted by cody View Post
              No i dont have the Illum storm, mine is called the electrostorm.
              Hi cody,

Just for laughs, my ignorance is vast in this field. I thought the meter was broken because would not zero after unhooking.... I fliped every knob and pushed every button numnerous times with no clear reason why. Then I turned off the globe! the meter zeroed.... As it turns out the meter will pick up this radio freq without being hooked up. even stranger was the fact that if the leads were mingled and there was a loop in one of the other leads the signal would be magnified and still not being hooked to the leads of the crown.

My freq. meter tells me the output from the Illuma storm can be regulated between 20.47 K and about 40.6 K Hz, no crown.
              The Globe with the crown acted differently... The Hz were doubled nearly in all resppects.when looking for the greatest freq. The higest was, 25.3 KHz no probe and 50.1 KHz probe attached. The threads protruding from the Tesla coil are not very active and they have no fingers where they touch the globe. just a single point of contact.
              When looking for the least freq. with, without the probe and without the crown freq was the same...."28.68 KHz" .

When I check for sparks and shocking at various adjustments; The results are as follows...

No sparks are found from the low side around 22 - 24 K "ish". continuous sparks and burning between 26.8 and 29.1. At 26.81 it globe is touch sencitive. When touching the shieth, wire or globe anywhere it has massive activation. Less sparks can be felt up to about 40.4 and are much less burning. No sparks to the skin are evident abouve this level. All tests were to either side of the L-2 black or red probe were used with no variations.

I do not know what any of this means yet just FYI

If I took the crown off the globe the signal will go away. Within about a foot of the globe the signal comes back.

Note; many of these observations could be changed by obsurde changes, like if I was in the room or not?, or if I layed one probe up or layed it twards the ground. or if the crown wire was pointing tward the unhooked probe.

It was a jungle mess.

I have no conclusive measurements with the electrostatic voltmeter yet.

Is there a spell checker here?
              Zane

Comment

New Vid on Don Smith Device Replication

hi guys, cant seem to get much response on this LOL jeeez

Here is my recent work on the Don Smith device

YouTube - ‪Don Smith Device Project Part 9: SYSTEM ON LOW, Average 1.7 Amp In, 10+AMPS Out ‬‏

Just wondering if anyones workin on this, or any input from anyone. Im doing this with very little knowledge. Im pleased so far.
                In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                In the expert's mind there are few.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Hi,
                  You should connect a Load at the Output, like a Bulb, what match your Source.
                  Then measure the Amps. I had similar readings even on a Digital and a Analog Meter, up to 10 Amps, but it are only Spikes, what shortly appear.
                  My Opinion, you need to really look to, to have the Coils in Resonance, and the same Amount of Wire, even at different Thickness, and the right Capacitors tuned, that they catch the Pulses proper, and decharge equal to the Frequency.
                  A lot to tune around at it.
                  Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Thanks for posting from memory Gene was working on this (he may read and comment)

Ash

Comment

Keep it up!

[QUOTE=mr.clean;146939]hi guys, cant seem to get much response on this LOL jeeezQUOTE]

mr clean,
                      I have to compliment you. your testing and certain insite has brought you a good distance. God has blessed you in this task, believe me!
                      Go slow at this point or not but I should recomend that you detail everything you can at this point. your results are showing good results.
                      Keep up the good work

keep posting here and soon enough you will get more interrest.

zane

Comment

Hi mr Clean, Setup looks good, the meter reading may be off though, in my experience digital multi meters are unreliable around spark gaps or even exciters. The one's I have simply do not read any usefull information anywhere near a spark gap. If you really want a reliable reading you will need to use very expensive digital meters or analogue one's. The meters readings aren't as important as powering a load though so the approximate power levels can be determined that way.

If youre using an NST the max Input should be on the label I think it would be less than 1,7 amps, but if there is say 30 Ma at 10000v coming from the NST that is 300 watts and if there is 10 amps coming out at 120 volts then thats 1200 watts. So the benifit is obvious.

Anyway I like you're setup, good work, well done. Keep us posted, a lot of us are interested in this particular arrangement.

Thanks for posting Cheers

Comment

....Keep up the good work...

....keep posting here and soon enough you will get more interrest...

zane[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy, yes i will try to keep all forums posted
                          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

in my experience digital multi meters are unreliable around spark gaps or even exciters. The one's I have simply do not read any usefull information anywhere near a spark gap. If you really want a reliable reading you will need to use very expensive digital meters or analogue one's. The meters readings aren't as important as powering a load though so the approximate power levels can be determined that way....
                            ...from the NST that is 300 watts and if there is 10 amps coming out at 120 volts then thats 1200 watts. So the benifit is obvious.

Anyway I like you're setup, good work, well done. Keep us posted, a lot of us are interested in this particular arrangement.

Thanks for posting Cheers[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that man! i'll definitely keep you guys posted
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Be careful with spark gaps, my electronic guru told me it can produce hazardous radiations.

Will it work without the SG? or prehaps just a small gap, like small engine spark plug (.025" gap)?

Does your system have a earth ground?
                              I've read that the best possible ground you can have is a one inch brass rod. Not copper, not steel but BRASS.

I want to use this system on a vehicle so earth ground is not practical.
                              Magnets are a "sort" of grounding, because they capture a part of the magnetic flux that flow from the ionosphere to the earth.

Here's what I've done so far:Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Bagel coil pictures by felaudet1 - Photobucket

I'm using a toroidal coil instead of cylindrical. My windings are perpendicular, and the black wire is copper coated steel. It forms the magnetic core as well as the secondary. I will send HV from an ignition coil into that toroid. It's a bit like the flyback transformer of a TV, or a particle accelerator. It accelerate the electrons before sending them into a electrolysis cell.

This is allegedly how Daniel Dingel ran his water car.

Comment

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                                Hi,
                                You should connect a Load at the Output, like a Bulb, what match your Source.
                                Then measure the Amps. I had similar readings even on a Digital and a Analog Meter, up to 10 Amps, but it are only Spikes, what shortly appear.
                                My Opinion, you need to really look to, to have the Coils in Resonance, and the same Amount of Wire, even at different Thickness, and the right Capacitors tuned, that they catch the Pulses proper, and decharge equal to the Frequency.
                                A lot to tune around at it.
                                Awesome info man, yes i really wanna know what is coming out of this thing, plus get the right values of components
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X