Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replicating Konstantin Meyl's experiment

Good day to you all,
    In this video Professor Konstantin Meyl uses a power RF amplifier to transmit electricity wireless, meaning not even the grounding between the transformers. My question is what kind of schematic should that amplifier have? Maybe you can help me somehow with a schematic so i can build an amplifier such as Prof. Meyl's.
    I used this amplifier but i couldn't achieve the same result:
    http://f4eoh.free.fr/amplificateur_h...fp250_1110.htm

And here is Prof.'s video\;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tplRbd-fso

You can find several cheap RF amplifiers on EBAY. You don't need much power for his experiments. Something in the 2-10Watt range will be amply sufficient.
    I feel I have to tell you though that Meyl's conclusions are completely wrong, something you will also find if you replicate his experiments.
    The "ground wire" in his experiments is a wire connecting sender and receiver, but it is not actually grounded. If you use real grounds you will not get his results.

But let that not discourage you. Do the experiments and see for yourself. Nothing beats first hand experience.

Ernst.

Comment

Thank you. I would like to build my own amplifier. Why didn't the above amplifier work?

Comment

Was it the amplifier or the experiment that didn't work out?
        The amplifier looks a bit unusual to me.
        - what is the function of D1-D6? It looks like you want a lower voltage than 8V? But what is the point of that since you get your voltage from RV1-RV6?
        - it is going to be difficult to get the MOSFETs Q1-Q3 and Q4-Q6 to trigger at the exact same moment. A lot of adjusting RV1-RV6
        - your output power comes from a 7812 which cannot deliver a lot of power. So why use 3 MOSFETs on each side. I think 1 can easily handle that power and that way you avoid the trigger problems (mentioned above)
        - in the diagram, the 7812 does not get input power.

It is difficult to say why it wouldn't work from a distance. Do you have a scope so you can check the circuit?

Ernst.

Comment

D1-D6 are supposed to be 1N4148 as far as i remember. But i haven't placed them in the circuit.
          The regulator 7808 is there to stabilize the voltage because the supply voltage of that part of the amplifier is 12.5V in my case.
          7812 isn't there in my assembly i left it out of the schematic. I thought it unnecessary.
          This is a 720W power amplifier so there are 6 IRFP250.
          I connected the amplifier i made following the above schematic, in series with a 50Ohm 250W dummy load to the primary of a Tesla transformer with flat spiral coils. Then at the other end, through a ground wire, there was another one of these transformers, identical in nature and construction. I lit up a 24V incandescent light bulb and found out through the amplifier that the first resonant frequency of the transformers is 520kHz. There the light is the strongest.
          This is the exact same frequency i got with just the signal generator alone.
          Then i raised the frequency and i measured at a certain point a higher current drop but nothing at the other side..... It was supposed to light up but nothing...
          I on't know how to interpret this sign really.
          Using a square wave the light is even stronger than with the sine wave but no second resonating frequency either. It simply doesn't light up.
          Then i used another set of Tesla transformers this time tubular in shape. Again with this amplifier i could find the first resonant frequency, 1320kHZ but not the second. Something is wrong and i don't know what. For me alone to find out will take too much that's why i started this topic.
          Please help.

Comment

So now you are saying that the amplifier works?
            You are mentioning 2 different values for the first resonance frequency, 520KHz and 1320KHz. Which one is it?
            Did you test the signal with a scope?
            You say:
            i measured at a certain point a higher current drop
            where/how did you measure this current drop and what do you compare it to?
            Can you provide the diagram that you actually used, both for the amplifier and the experiment?

Ernst.

Comment

The amplifier works in determining what Dr.Meyl calls ''the first resonant frequency'' or ''the transverse resonant frequency''.
              The 520kHz is for the big flat spiral transformers while the 1320kHz is for two other transformers but wound on PVC pipe and smaller than the flat spiral ones so that's why the resonant frequency is higher.
              Well, in both cases i used an adjustable power supply with an ammeter to measure the current drop at the resonant frequency. For example i had a voltage of 20VDC and a current of about 2.5A at the first resonant frequency. Then as i was raising the frequency i noticed an increase in the current demand of the amplifier to about 3.5A probably as far as i can remember (i performed the experiments few days ago).
              Then raising the frequency further the current drops and there is no other effect to notice.
              So you see, this amplifier works for finding the Transverse Resonant Frequency of Tesla transformers but it doesn't work apparently in Longitudinal coordinates.... The current drop is seen by the ammeter but the light bulb doesn't light up.......
              It is strange to me.
              Last edited by Buddhafollower; 07-11-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

No, that is more or less what I would expect to see.
                As I said Meyl is wrong in his conclusions in a number of ways, as he is in his maths as well.
                All I can say is that it is great to have a set-up like his so now you can play with it and discover how it really works!
                You should be able to find harmonics and on those frequencies, you should also be able to transfer power. Though, not as well as on the fundamental/base frequency.

Ernst.

Comment

Thank you for your interest and help. Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                  X