Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "make haste slowly"

S.1882
    Gun Violence Prevention Act of 1994 (Introduced in Senate - IS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SEC. 204. FEDERAL ARSENAL LICENSE.

(a) OFFENSE- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, as amended by section 203(a), is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:
    `(x) It shall be unlawful for a person to possess more than 20 firearms or more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition unless the person--
    `(1) is a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer; or
    `(2) has been issued an arsenal license pursuant to section 923(m).'.

Bill Text - 103rd Congress (1993-1994) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

The meaning of the phrase is that activities should be performed with a proper balance of urgency and diligence. If tasks are rushed too quickly then mistakes are made and good long-term results are not achieved. Work is best done in a state of flow in which one is fully engaged by the task and there is no sense of time passing.[11] "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Festina lente - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Al

Comment

• Rick and Alihoa

Rick, you said
      "What proof can gun control advocates point to as determining that legal ownership of more than one gun is dangerous to public safety? "

And thats either JUST the point, or misses the point entirely, (not sure which).
      GC advocates have no 'interest' in ''PROVING' anything, (except the gullibility/ignorance of their 'supporters'.

They are appealing to the emotions of those who are focusing on Sandy Hook, to advance proposals which have little to nothing to DO with SH, or 'preventing' another SH.
      They 'lump' this 'epidemic' of Gun Violence, which is exclusively occuring in a FEW large metro inner-city areas, and is being perpetuated by 'gang-bangers/skinheads, WITH incidents like SH and Aurora. They focus on ONE of the 'common elements', (guns), and largely ignore the OTHER common element, which is that the shooters are ALMOST always 18-24 Y.O. males.

They ignore that 99% of gun homicides are perpetrated using a HANDGUN, and don't involve a 'high capacity' magazine, except for those where the 'standard' magazine the gun comes with holds more than 10 rounds.

It has NOTHING to do with Logic, and nothing to do with reducing gun violence. It has everything to do with emotions, and ginning up their base, for fund raising, and to get them stirred up, and KEEP them stirred up, in order to try to PUSH the liberal agenda.

Their 'best interests', politically, will be served by 'ginning up' said base, and then failing to pass the assault weapons ban and high capacity magazine ban, although they will probably get the universal background check.

They can then say to their 'ginned up' base "See, this is why you need to vote, in 2014, to get rid of those that opposed these measures!"

And thereby get a Congress that will pass ALL the things O'bummer et al WANT to pass, such as 'comprehensive' Immigration reform that includes amnesty, and voting 'rights' (to increase their base), spending MORE $ we don't have for a failed education system, increased taxes, etc.

And, given the piss-poor performance of repubs, they might just get away with it!

Alihoa; wasn't clear to me if your earlier post of legislation restricting ammunition ownership to 1000 rounds is law, or not?

This issue came up after news reports indicated the shooter had purchased 5000 rounds through the mail. To someone who doesn't OWN guns, or evenLIKE guns, 1000 or 5000 rounds SOUNDS like a lot; to someone who regularly 'practices' marksmanship, it is a 2 week to 1 month 'supply'.

ALL the arguments the GC advocates are making, are aimed at people who don't own guns, don't KNOW anything about guns, and are somewhat fearful of guns. THATS who they are 'speaking' to, and they really have no interest in 'working' with Gun owners, to 'find common ground'. Witness the way Uncle Joe conducted himself, in meetings with the NRA: he HAD the meeting, so he could SAY he had had the meeting, thats ALL. Jim

Comment

• By the by

In a Senate hearing yesterday, there was a heated exchange between Lindsay Graham, and the Police chief of milwaukee. Graham was making the point 'we' should be enforcing laws already on the books, particularly prosecuting felons attempting to purchase firearms, who are 'snagged' in a background check.
        The Police chief responded testily "We're not going to spend our time, prosecuting 'paper offences' (or something to that effect).
        In other words, when they KNOW they have a convicted felon, TRYING to purchase a firearm, and they have enough evidence, (the 'application' for a 'background check' they filled out) for an arrest AND conviction, they aren't going to bother to arrest and prosecute.
        Holder made a similar statement, also in Congressional testimony; we can't be bothered, is basically what he said.
        The Police Chief of Chicago ALSO made this point, when he publically stated, (On NBC Evening News) that HE did NOT urge O'bummer to pass ANY new Gun Legislation, but that (his justice dept.) vigorously prosecute the laws already ON the books. Specifically, the (federal) laws that make it a crime for a convicted Felon to ATTEMPT to purchase a firearm, to possess a firearm, and targeting 'straw purchasers'. But, (unfortunately) most aren't hearing this clear hypocrisy; that Holders injustice department is ignoring this route to keeping the people we (theoretically) don't want to have firearms from having/using them, while at the same time wanting 'universal' background checks, and restricting firearms ownership for law abiding citisens.

Again, he (O'bummer), Bitem and the rest are stricktly speaking to their base, and blatantly exploiting Sandy hook for Political purposes.

And, so far at least, the 'other side' is being drowned out, and MOST aren't hearing the truth.Jim

Comment

• Obviously as has been commented on before gun control has absolutely nothing to do with government trying to promote public safety but rather it is a simple a means to prevent the people from defending themselves against a police state.
          All the talk about who has the better or least restrictive gun control legislation is simply a distraction so that people will not question why their constitutional right is being undermined in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchdivco View Post
            Rick, you said
            "What proof can gun control advocates point to as determining that legal ownership of more than one gun is dangerous to public safety? "
            A: 99.999 years of statistical data
            Originally posted by aljhoa View Post
            In the early years of the Republic, Congress did neither. In 1792, it did pass a statute that purported to establish "an Uniform Militia throughout the United States," but its detailed command that every able-bodied male citizen between the ages of 18 and 45 be enrolled therein and equip himself with appropriate weaponry [Footnote 7] was virtually ignored for more than a century (99.999 years)...
            Perpich v. DOD - 496 U.S. 334 (1990) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center

Originally posted by dutchdivco View Post
            Alihoa; wasn't clear to me if your earlier post of legislation restricting ammunition ownership to 1000 rounds is law, or not?
            18 USC Chapter 44 - FIREARMS
            18 USC Chapter 44 - FIREARMS | Title 18 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

Originally posted by aljhoa View Post
            February 1, 2013
            Federal Homeland Security Investigation agents raided the home of Robert Adams on Thursday and seized 548 handguns and 317 rifles from the collector. They also raided his business and took an additional 599 handguns.

» Department of Homeland Security Targets Gun Collector Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
            Al

Comment

• Quotable quotes of the day......

"He should see the color of his skin and where he comes from...stupid motherf***er...let's kill him. I will kill him for free. I am going to Arizona to kill that a**hole." - Ignacio Carbajal,a U.S. Citizen living in Arizona who wrote these words and posted them on a Facebook site called 'People Against Sheriff Joe Arpaio' while he was visiting Mexico.
              The above referenced website is just one of many such Internet sites dedicated to removing Arpaio from office. It appears that this one has been successful in getting enough signatures on a petition to have a recall election. It's no wonder that the signatures were easily come by, as a visit to the website just a few minutes ago showed a member posting the following message to pay people who gather signatures:

"Would you like to earn Two Dollars for every VALID 'Respect Arizona' Recall Arpaio Petition signature you obtain? How about earning money for registering new voters, and registering voters to Permanent Early Voting List, so they are eligible to sign the 'Respect Arizona' Recall Arpaio Petition? Then call 'Citizens for a Better Arizona' recruitment coordinator Ricardo Gomez at 602-475-2908 and email him at rgcba1@gmail.com for an interview. You must be an eligible voter to qualify for work." - Post on Facebook site 'People Against Sheriff Joe Arpaio'

Here's what Sheriff Joe has to say about this latest threat:

"The same people who tried to beat me in last year's election are now trying to recall me from office and now appear to be tolerating murder threats by individuals within their organization. That's wrong.

I'm going to continue to do the job you elected me to do despite these threats against my life. I will always work for you and I will never back down one inch because of political or physical threats against me.

Clearly the people behind this recall effort are serious. So serious that not only do they want to end my term in office, they seem to want to end me, period." - Sheriff Joe Arpaio
              "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• The truth about Sequestration

While Barry has been running about the country in his fearmongering ploy to dupe the public into believing that things would get dire if sequestration went into effect, not much has been said concerning the truth of the matter. So here's the truth:

1. First of all, Barry should be calling this reductions in proposed spending, rather than "spending cuts." A cut in spending would mean that we are going to spend less than we did the last time around, but no such cut has been proposed or agreed to. Under the "sequester," instead of increasing spending by $1.7 trillion over the next ten years, spending will increase by $1.6 trillion. What's more, since this is a 10 year plan, there is no way to hold a future elected Congress to assuring that this very modest, and nearly ineffective, spending reduction will actually be carried out. Even a balanced budget amendment would do nothing to prevent Congress from borrowing and spending more and more. Only a non-revocable spending freeze could accomplish that, and even then we would only be agreeing to keep borrowing and spending at today's already excessive and unsustainable level.
                2. Barry's budget proposal for FY 2013 was $3.8 trillion, which means that since the "government" currently borrows 40 cents of every dollar they spend, the sequester "cuts" of 0.1 trillion won't even cover how much the federal government will borrow in one month alone!
                3. The sequester which Barry now denounces was actually proposed by him as an alternative plan if Congress failed to reach agreement on spending reductions. You'd never know that to listen to Barry, though, as he continually attempts to paint the sequestration as the fault of Republicans failing to compromise. Fact is, though, no one in Congress should be agreeing to compromise on fiscal sensibility and responsibility by allowing more to be spent than can be justifiably taken in. Taxes are way too high and way too numerous already. We don't need Congress to implement any new taxing schemes. What we need is for Congress to finally begin paring down government administration costs by cutting departments that are unnecessary and/or which duplicate state agencies. Follow that up with ending the Federal Reserve and IRS, closing the hundreds of US military bases in foreign countries, and ending foreign aid to all countries who despise us, and we would have some real cuts that make real sense.
                "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Agreed, Rick

Haven't they (in D.C. ) ever heard the story about the 'boy who cried wolf'? Oh, thats a Biblical story, so prbably not, since they are ALL, amongst other things, a bunch of godless heathens, LOL.

And, might I add, the sequestration specifically exempts all entitlement programs, which is the biggest 'drain' and the part that is especially unsustainable.

And, both Wallstreet and Mainstreet SEEM to have figured out the game, as neither is showing any signs of concern.

They have cried "Wolf" far too often, and no one is paying any attention!

NOW we just need a REAL wolf to come along and EAT them, and the story will be over, in more ways than one!

Funny, (or not) the LAST 'Superpower' to go 'down', (the USSR) went down without a shot being fired, as it became financially as well as morally bankrupt.
                  And now we see the SAME thing happening with the U.S. Wonder if China will fare any better, in the long run. And, I wonder what our 'enemies', as in those who wish the U.S. 'harm', are thinking when they see all this in the news, about how we 'can't afford to defend ourselves'?

Perhaps North korea (crazy Gov't, anyway) will decide to lob a nuclear tipped missile at California, thinking we will be too 'weak' to respond?

Anyway, since people have become immune to 'fiscal cliff', 'sequestration' type 'dire warnings/contrived crisis', THEY will have to come up with something else; watcha think, war is always 'good'.War on terror is about exhausted, another 9/11 'attack' probably wouldn't have the desired effect. So what, maybe Iran, or North korea?

I'm trying NOT to be pretty pi**ed, and since its a choice between or , I choose , only cause it beats beating my head against a wall, or crying!

And, since I know 'its' coming, even though I don't know exactly what 'it' is, I just wish it would go ahead and happen, already!
                  World financial collapse, Meteor from the sky, WW3, at this point don't really care, just wish the 'other shoe would drop', the suspence is killing me! Jim

Comment

And, might I add, the sequestration specifically exempts all entitlement programs, which is the biggest 'drain' and the part that is especially unsustainable.
                    It seems that Barry already figured the sequestration would go ahead, and so planned on some early "cuts" that would benefit his agenda. A few days ago the DHS announced they were letting 10,000 illegal alien detainees free as a cost saving measure. And now we learn that the Border Patrol will be slashing $754 million from its budget. Scaled back patrols will reduce the force of 20,000 in the field to the equivalent of about 7,500 agents when furloughs, attrition and lost overtime are combined. Frankly, I think Barry is going to love the sequestration. He just made a lot of noise about it to try and focus public angst against anyone not willing to play his game. Truth is, though, it simply enables him to accelerate his agenda. All this talk about "immigration reform," which is really nothing more than amnesty to illegals, has done nothing but throw out a welcome mat to hordes of people south of the border who will do whatever they must to get here and cash in on the amnesty. And with the reduction of border patrols now guaranteed, there will be practically nothing to stop these hordes from gaining entry. Any who are caught will obviously not be detained, or repatriated to Mexico. It's all about votes, of course, with the Democrat party wanting to lock in the Latino vote for future elections.

Anyway, since people have become immune to 'fiscal cliff', 'sequestration' type 'dire warnings/contrived crisis', THEY will have to come up with something else; watcha think, war is always 'good'. War on terror is about exhausted, another 9/11 'attack' probably wouldn't have the desired effect. So what, maybe Iran, or North Korea?
                    It's anyone's guess what the next big thing will be, but I do suspect it will be very big. It will have to be something that inflicts utter terror upon the American public. I'm thinking more along the lines of a dreaded virus strain, catastrophic weather events, drought and famine, etc., rather than war. All of these manufactured, of course, and followed up by martial law to "preserve and protect us." Heaven forbid, but if North Korea is nutty enough to take out the state of California, that would probably be the last thing they ever do. Actually, though, it might not be such a bad thing if they were to succeed in that endeavor, as it might help level out the playing field come next election. Unless something drastic occurs, I'd say the Democrat party is in like slim for the next election and perhaps well beyond, and I would not at all be surprised to see Barry doing a 3rd term.

Comment

• During the past several years there has been much talk about a North American Union (NAU) that would join the US, Mexico, and Canada, into an agreement similar to the European Union. Of course the long term goal was always an all world union, or New World Order, with the NAU being little more than a step along the path to that goal. It would now appear that the powers that be may be abandoning the idea of a North American Union in favor of implementing a plan that would hasten the New World Order agenda. The new plan is called the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), and Barry is currently scheming to get Congress to give him "fast track authority" to implement the plan. The plan itself is being promoted as a "fair trade agreement," but in truth is all about power and control. If Barry signs this agreement with Europe and Pacific Rim nations, and if the agreement is ratified, it will have the following effects:

• Surrender U.S. sovereignty to an international tribunal with authority higher than the U.S. Supreme Court;

• Put American companies at a competitive disadvantage to foreign firms;

• Give up 544 million acres of public land, one-quarter of the entire U.S. land area, to UN and World Bank judges who will decide how our lands are used; and

• Ban “Buy American” policies.

It will also give Barry more power and control than he already has, by allowing him, rather than Congress as established in the Constitution, to regulate foreign trade.

Many will think that Congress would never go for such a plan, but I for one would not bank on that. Just look at the powers that have been granted to Barry already, under legislation such as the NDAA, and the numerous unconstitutional executive orders and appointments Barry has made which have largely gone unchallenged. There are very few in Congress who will take a stand against such abuse of power, and they are far outnumbered by those Ruling Class puppet politicians who are willing to do whatever it takes to carry the Ruling Class NWO agenda forward.

Comment

• During his stay in office, Barry has consistently fought the development of the Keystone Pipeline project, and has vowed to veto any legislative action aimed at moving the project forward. His reasons for doing so were always said to be environmental concerns, but the real reason for thwarting the pipeline project was to prolong our dependence upon foreign imports and keep the US economy in a tailspin.

In what now appears to be a major setback to Barry's anti-pipeline agenda, the State Department yesterday released a draft report concerning the Keystone Pipeline proposal and the report shows that the State Department is preparing to conclude that Keystone XL will:
                        • Create 42,100 American jobs
                        • Pay those workers $2.05 billion
                        • Generate $3.1 billion from construction alone
                        • Generate taxes and fees for cash-strapped governments
                        And that Keystone XL will not harm:
                        • The environment
                        • The climate
                        • The poor or indigenous peoples
                        • Endangered species
                        The State Department has announced there will be a 45 day public comment period concerning the report. You can be sure that Barry's administration, and the 'climate change' community will use this as a 45 day propaganda period. They will do all they can to deny the facts and try to block this pipeline. It is quite likely that we will see the mainstream media running all sorts of "special presentations" aimed at influencing public opinion against the pipeline, and certainly there will be many who buy into that disinfo. I don't think we will hear much from the media or those in our "government" that promotes the State Department report as indicating the pipeline is safe and would be beneficial to pursue.

Comment

• The Billionaire
                          Made public by John Spritzler
                          February 21, 2013

Chapter 1: Know That You Ought To Rule Over the People
                          Chapter 2: The People Are Your Enemy
                          Chapter 3: Turn the People Against the People
                          1. Wage War
                          2. Divide and rule the people along race lines
                          3. Divide the people along cultural lines
                          4. Make the People Compete Against Each Other
                          5. Cause Mass Migration (But Pretend to Oppose It)
                          6. Turn the People Against Themselves

Chapter 4: Make Sure The People Follow Your Goals, Not Theirs
                          Chapter 5: Lower the People's Expectations
                          Chapter 6: Use Fake Democracy
                          Chapter 7: Teach the People to Be Nonviolent
                          Chapter 8: Assassinate Dangerous Leaders
                          Chapter 9: A Problem that Remains Unsolved
                          There remains a problem that you must learn to solve without help from this Owner's Manual. The problem is this: How can billionaires defeat a revolutionary movement in which the rank-and-file members all exibit the warning signs that, in a leader, would mark him or her as very dangerous? Killing its leaders would accomplish little. Your forebears never solved this problem. Fortunately the problem has never arisen yet (or else you would probably not be a billionaire today) but it could happen. Everything in this Manual is about how to prevent it from happening, but the savvier ordinary people become, the less effective all of the strategems in this Manual are. This is a serious problem! You are on your own. Good luck in solving it.

The Billionaire

Al

Comment

• Lets see

Dire, indeed!
                            If Sequestration goes forward, the Dept. of Homeland (In)Security will stop pursueing those undocumented workers already in the country, who's 'only crime is being undocumanted'.

And Holdems Injustice Dept. will not prosecute 'merely PAPER crimes, such as 'failing' to pass a 'background check' in attempting to purchase a firearm.

Oops, thats what they weren't doing, before the Big S!

I BELIEVE the INITIAL release of was around 2000, 'non-criminal' illegal aliens. Probably believe it will have more effect, if they release 2000 every couple of weeks, (with prominent News coverage), rather than all at once.

Trying to piss off the conservative base, sneaky!

Actually, these 'released' individuals are SUPPOSED to 'check in' every 3 mos, and keep ICE advised of their location, and SOME are being required to wear an ankle monitor. Actually, IF this is a valid way of dealing with these individuals, WHY were we paying to keep them incarcerated in the first place?

Probably most of them WILL comply, as they will want to get in on the coming amnesty! So, we're saving some expence, and that (and the Big S) is a GOOD thing! Just not nearly BIG enough! And, O'bummer has too much control over HOW the cuts are 'rolled out', so he can [politisize it!Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by rickoff View Post
                              The State Department has announced there will be a 45 day public comment period concerning the report. You can be sure that Barry's administration, and the 'climate change' community will use this as a 45 day propaganda period. They will do all they can to deny the facts and try to block this pipeline. It is quite likely that we will see the mainstream media running all sorts of "special presentations" aimed at influencing public opinion against the pipeline, and certainly there will be many who buy into that disinfo. I don't think we will hear much from the media or those in our "government" that promotes the State Department report as indicating the pipeline is safe and would be beneficial to pursue.
                              Originally posted by Danny B View Post
                              The PTB have always wanted complete control. Slavery is inefficient. Wage -slavery works much better. The rise of the nation state was effected to consolidate and control.
                              As man moved away from the agrarian method of survival, it become easier to control large groups. He still had to eat and food distribution was easy to control. England used rotating famines to maintain the population of India at 220 million for about 100 years.

As man relied more and more on energy, that became the new leverage point. Energy is the master resource. Almost all other aspects of life can be controlled if you control energy.

It's not just ZPE that threatens to give us energy freedom. There are other processes that promise cheap energy.
                              The Six Biggest JACKPOT EVENTS
                              Meanwhile, you can get up to 10,000 gallons of fuel from just one acre of algae.

How much fuel is that?

Well, think about it this way.
                              Right now there are more than 40,000 regular oil and gas fields around the world.
                              Some are huge — hundreds or even thousands of square miles.
                              Just the Bakken Formation alone could run as large as 25,000 square miles. It covers parts of North Dakota, Canada, and Montana.
                              And nobody's even sure how much oil it still holds.
                              Meanwhile, the U.S. Department of Energy says we could replaceall U.S. oil demand with algae-oil farms totaling just a little bigger than the state of Maryland.
                              One top biotech engineer from Arizona State recently told NPR algae-oil technology could meet worldwide demand — not just oil, but all fossil fuels — with as much land-area as Texas.
                              And remember, we don't have to grow algae-oil on land at all. They can make oil for us almost anywhere — out at sea, in skyscraper-like greenhouses, even in wastewater.
                              And oil-producing algae grows fast too.

The Six Biggest JACKPOT EVENTS

Al

Comment

If Sequestration goes forward, the Dept. of Homeland (In)Security will stop pursueing those undocumented workers already in the country, who's 'only crime is being undocumented'
                                Yes, what a joke! They are 'undocumented' because they intentionally broke our immigration laws to come here illegally. If they had no concern for obeying US law when they came here then what would make anyone think they would ever become law abiding US citizens? Furthermore, I heard it reported just recently that only 20% of the Latinos who are here legally ever pursue US citizenship. So obviously a "pathway to citizenship" doesn't even interest most Latinos. And who could blame them for that? As it stands, illegal aliens have far more rights, and are entitled to more benefits, than American citizens. Why would they want to give that up to become like us?

I BELIEVE the INITIAL release of was around 2000, 'non-criminal' illegal aliens. Probably believe it will have more effect, if they release 2000 every couple of weeks (with prominent News coverage), rather than all at once.
                                Yes, the first release was in the hundreds, though DHS made it clear they would eventually release as many as 10,000 'detainees.'

Actually, these 'released' individuals are SUPPOSED to 'check in' every 3 mos, and keep ICE advised of their location, and SOME are being required to wear an ankle monitor. Actually, IF this is a valid way of dealing with these individuals, WHY were we paying to keep them incarcerated in the first place?
                                Can you imagine the cost and logistics involved in tracking all these ankle or wrist bracelets? It would be kind of like tracking all the 'space junk' that exists. Wouldn't it be easier to load all these people on buses or trains and send them back south of the border with a firm warning that reentry would be considered a high crime?

Probably most of them WILL comply, as they will want to get in on the coming amnesty!
                                What sense is there to an amnesty to illegal alien lawbreakers, especially at a time when we have roughly 20 million legal citizens out of work? Granting amnesty, and handing out work permits, will have these illegals competing for the scarce jobs that do become available, so they will either prevent a legal citizen from gaining a job, or will become eligible for, and totally dependent upon, freebie benefits that the rest of us will be paying for. It's insane!

Comment

Working...
                                X