No announcement yet.

Hendershot Replications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Hendershot Magnatronic & Sweet VTA use the same principle?

I haven't had much progress on my Hendershot build so I've started looking for things that might apply which I have been overlooking.

One of the things I found was the Floyd Sweet Vacuum Triode Amplifier (VTA) and it's predecessor, the Space Quanta Modulator (SQM). Although I had looked at it earlier, I didn't recognize the similarities until now. One of the things that put me off the VTA was the "secret" "magnet conditioning" that Sweet was said to use. This time around I found a video that shows what some say that procedure is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhG...&feature=g-u-u

What they are essentially saying is that Sweet demagnetized the center portion of his rectangular magnets to a degree while leaving the outside perimeter the opposite polarity so that there was a "magnetic bubble" in the center area that could be pushed around with a low power oscillating coil.

The Hendershot schematics and texts usually say to use an "iron" armature and coil cores but I found in one location where it said "soft iron." "Soft iron" refers not to iron with no carbon content but to magnetically "soft" metal which is typically 80% nickel, 15 to 20% iron, and sometimes 5% molybdenum, the molybdenum added to make it easier to machine the cooled metal. There are various different combinations of elements that give slightly different properties and the products are known under different brand names - Permalloy, MuMetal, HyMU, etc. Today they are typically used for magnetic shielding and that leads, somewhat back to Hendershot because one of today's uses is to shield aviation magnetic compasses from electrical circuits in the instrument panel and electrical noise from engine ignition systems. Hendershot worked on aviation compasses and this might well be the tie to Lindberg. Lindberg may have used a compass built by Hendershot.

Another thing that most people miss is that the photos of the Hendershot builds show a 3-pole radar magnetron magnet but most schematics only show a 2-pole magnet. I've only seen one schematic that shows the 3-pole magnet and it didn't have the poles marked. A radar magnetron magnet has a center pole that is the opposite polarity of the end poles. And the two halves have opposite polarities. So one side is N-S-N and the other is S-N-S. N-S-N is what is shown in the Sweet SQM schematic.

What's of interest here is that the center pole of the radar magnet does not project out as far as the end poles because the radar detection tube is installed there between the two halves. This makes the center polarity weaker when a Hendershot armature is placed across the outer poles of the magnet.

Combining that feature with a steel armature doesn't really do anything worth mentioning but when that armature is made of Permalloy or similar material there is a startling difference - what looks like the "magnetic bubble" of the VTA magnet. See the second attachment.

The Sweet SQM can be redrawn as the Hendershot ringer coil "buzzer" assembly and vice versa. See the first attachment.

Comparing the VTA and Hendershot schematics also brings up interesting similarities. Yes, there are differences but I think mostly because Hendershot produced a self sustaining device while Sweet relied on a low power oscillator. See the third attachment.

In the posts immediately above this one there is some discussion about whether or not Hendershot used radium in the paraffin inside the capcoil. The similarities of the circuits bring up another possibility: Hendershot might have used barium titanate in the paraffin. Sweet's magnets were barium-ferrite and barium also shows up in some other OU devices. The Hutchison Effect and the McClain & Wooten Magnetic Resonance Amplifier both used barium titanate.

Barium titanate is plentiful, relatively cheap, and is not radioactive. It does require caution when using the powder and you don't want to get it in your lungs but simple contact is handled by just washing it off. So use a respirator and rubber gloves when working with it.

Barium titanate has some interesting properties. It is ferroelectric and piezoelectric.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferroelectricity
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barium_titanate

I haven't yet modified my build to test any of this but thought I should post it so it doesn't get "lost."

One of the things I need to continue is an affordable small signal amplifier that will handle roughly 50Hz to 200kHz. I have a signal generator but need an amplifier. Any suggestions? I can build one if I need to but I would rather buy one if it's reasonably priced.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thx1138; 06-30-2015, 04:05 AM. Reason: Broke attachment into 3 parts. It wouldn't display well as one file.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProfessorTinkerer View Post
      Quoted from Ed Skilling's account:

"The capacitors C1 & C2 are most difficult to build and are the critical key item to success or failure in producing results. The foil from two capacitors, Pyramid electrolytic TM 58, must be removed from the can that enclosures the foil by cutting the top or bottom off with a hack saw or other cutting device. The coiled foil is removed from the capacitors and spread out on a flat table. A TM 58 capacitor should measure, including foil and paper, 91 1/8 in. long and 2 ¾ in. wide. Wipe off excess electrolytic solution so that it is dry. One side of the paper holding the foil will be full length, the opposite side will be split with terminal connections appearing at each end of the split portion. The capacitors that were used in the early experiments had a gap between the split foil of ¾ of an inch."

"After insulating the cylinders, wrap the capacitor foil and paper around each of the cylinders. Start at one end with the long un-split foil on the inside and wrap the full length onto the cylinder. Secure the wrapped capacitor with a string or tape so that it will not unravel."

So, based on this description, one of the capacitor plates does indeed contact the paraffin wax. If the un-split foil is on the inside, the split foils are obviously on the outside of the wrap.
      Hi all,

I have only looked at the Hendershot device for a couple of hours now, but I studied various free energy devices in the past. I found the above quote in this document, which I uploaded to my server along with some other documents. This is on page 52:

http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Reference_Mat...Hendershot.pdf

Note that a few lines below it is said that the electrolyte left in the capacitor paper would leave perforations in the metal. That means that Hendershot used both the Aluminum sheets as well as the paper with the electrolyte from an electrolytic capacitor. In other words: the Hendershot capacitor IS an electrolytic capacitor, which is the "critical key" according to this document and which I would fully agree with.

I was discussing the working of the Cole-Hackenberger power supply in Gray's system with Mark McKay and my conclusion regarding this PS as well as Bedini's schoolgirl system is that it is possible to enhance the Dielectric Absorption effect which is most strongly shown in Aluminum based electrolytic capacitors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric_absorption

The "critical key" in all of this is that it is possible to kick the dielectric layer in an electrolytic capacitor into high gear, which Aaron dubbed the "electret effect" a while ago and this essentially creates a self-charging electrolytic capacitor, which gives you your energy source.

I still think this same principle can also be found in Stan Meyer's WFC, although it turned out that electropolishing of stainless steel is not enough to make a stainless steel electrolytic capacitor, However, you can find quite a lot of information regarding electrolytic capacitors in my article about this:

Tuks Unsorted KieknWatTWordt Stuff - Stan Meyers Secret

Perhaps the most interesting links in there are about how to make electrolytic capacitors with Aluminum sheets and baking soda.
      Last edited by lamare; 11-18-2015, 01:16 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• caps

Hi Lamare,
        What are the caps in microwave's 1UF 2100wv Are they electrolitic?
        You can use them to store the back spikes from motor coils and generating coils (when loaded) .
        Waste not want not.
        Thanks artv

Comment

Working...
        X