X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first attempt at overcoming Mean old Mr.G

FrznWtr's FrznWtr's first attempt at overcoming Mean old Mr.G

Lo all
    I'm new to the forum but have been mess-in for awhile.
    This First attempt will most likely fail but I intend to learn from it and progress. http://www.energeticforum.com/images/smilies/wall.gif

The first attachment is a drawing of using a Sprague Bering Clutch from an 12 speed as the pivot point with the removable gears Reamed Welded and alined to act as a release mechanism for the initial swing out from behind the axle straight up position.

This next one is a side view of the arm with an elbow sprung by a torsion spring.
    As you might see the arm pivot is near the edge of the wheel and cushioned by a leaf spring sticking straight out from the wheel (may need adjusting to the max sociometric??? so to speak, position haha) to try to limit the over shock that I will try to set as low as posable through setting the re-cock less and less. I have an engineer working on the elbow spring design they will only cost about 15-18ea for the first set of 8. (Thought of making my own from Overhead door tension springs, but this Engineer will do the design work for nothing Sooo) I will mount these 8 arms on a 30" wheel with my alex point about 36" up. (This is the only scale I can work in due to need for scrap parts, just cant afford much more) May end up a monster piece O Garbage,
    but I'm sure I'll have most fun while messin w/IT.
    Well as of this posting I've found out that the production cost for my free Engineering is only $250 - Catch everywhere haha
    So I will have to buy the largest in stock and see how they work. Then I'll make my own from Garage door springs if need be.

When the main rod (12" pivot point to elbow pivot) reaches its max extension and rests against the leaf spring {(Heres where Peter told me I would find the anti continued rotation thing) But anyway I need to experience it myself! } at that point any residual momentum of the 10 to 15 lb. clock pendulum oval will extend the load arm (9" elbow pivot to end of load oval) torsion spring.
    3rd attachment

Hopefully it wont have enough inertia to fully extend it. May even have to hack saw the stop their off, if it hits it too hard.
    I'm hoping it wont take more than 1/4 rotation & maybe (Please let it be so) less.
    But then all thats been stored is assisted by Mr.G & MissC to fly home towards Papa Axle. Low and behold that kid stuck a temp lock in the way
    that should trip out after sucking every passable erg of momentum out of the arm as it just gets inside the wheel edge. whew, Things in this dream are ramping up now.
    So before I continue the story mates let me digress.
    No need to hide it, So, flat plate for wheel bout 1/2" thick (better able to structure pivot points) with 4 arms ea. both sides on 8 Quadrants.

Like Peter suggested, more incremental actions. Hopefully by the time this one's slamming around, the next one will be initiated enough to counter act.

OK. Back to my grand illusion. Hopefully the momentary stop has let go like its sposa. The Sprague disengagement ended and reengaged (Cross your fingers)and the arm is held from going back out, with the load oval sitting about 1/4 of the wheels diameter in.
    At this point the arm behind this one should be at full extension?? and the one in front of this one should be at re-cock along with the other 5 right next to or even slightly behind the axle.
    Back to the ongoing saga. Our arm is maybe still providing some minute down drag due to gravity?? and begins its up travel shortly??
    Due to the elbow I'm hoping the fall over to re-cock will happen slightly before or just after (haha) 100 degrease. and it will fall unloading the wheel slightly, in towards and a little behind the axle.
    The stop might rob some momentum at that point and a spring may be needed at this point. Adjustment needed for sure.
    So it rides up and over the top to be released again by the release berring.

Well if the Pics don't load I'll have to find out how to get my own site to put them on. Any help in that regard would be appreciated. If nothing else then I'd have a place to load a movie. When I get it done.
    It's not done ;'} but I do have a little done and am still gathering parts. I spend alot of time at work thinking on this. My basic concept is near complete just the nitty little things like the momentary stop to completely figure. such as what, already manufactured thingy (That I can come across cheep X8) can be subverted to this endeavor.
    Wish me luck. Suggestions are welcome. Any one wanting me to elaborate on any particular. (Not on yer - Are you kidding us haha)
    Shush! you in the back there.
    FFrznWtr - in Alaska

Pray 4 http://www.energeticforum.com/images/smilies/sun.gif

PS any of yall thought of the charge on a Capacitor like the Poss plate of a
    Self made having a weight reducing effect on the whole apparatus when its pointing up, and actually pulling a plum line off plum when pointed to the side.
    Whats them ones that build their own charge???? Hummmmmmmmmmmm Electreet??? Poss in the direction of rotation - out their on the edge O da wheel. They can be made in any old shape can't they?
    Yep Next Passable Project

http://www.energeticforum.com/images/smilies/beamup.gif
    Attached Thumbnails
    Absolutely I'm very interested
    100.00%
    Some People want this type thing discussed
    0.00%
    Ya ok maybe interesting
    0.00%
    Their are allot of things To discuss more important
    0.00%
    Whatever Talk about yer Gooffy
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by FrozenWaterLab; 03-17-2010, 03:07 AM.
Working...
X