Marko Rodin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something interesting to consider.

If you imagine a figure 8 as a twisted loop, making two loops, and run a current through it, you will get a magnetic pole going into one loop, and coming out of the other. If you rotate this shape on its axis (imaginary line drawn between circles 8<--) you get a toroid, where the magnetic spin is always in one direction.

If you run alternating current through it, it will create a pole at one end, and an opposite at the other, then it will switch, creating false rotation, much like a single phase motor, with alternating poles. If you wind it so that the loops are not 180 degrees appart, maybe only 120, then you create 3 "poles" which alternate in sequence nns, snn, nsn, and so on creatingn an unbalanced rotation. As long as you keep the wind pattern where it comes over the toroid, through the center, then back around an opposite section, this effect can occur. There are many winding configurations this could be tried with, if you keep the premise of the winding the same, where the same current creates alternating poles with each wind. Things could get really interesting when the frequencies used physically start to match the natural parameters of the coil.

one could very well wind in a high impedance, high Q, bifilar wound coil which will have a large SWVR causing large reactive currents.

just a thought.
    Last edited by Armagdn03; 08-16-2009, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wwdotme View Post
      yes still watching videos every chance I get..

Also I think my next one I wind I will use a torus shape with a larger tube dia. so the center where the wires cross is not at as much of a sharp angle. Try to keep all the windings touching the surface of the torus shape.
      The inside shape being the shape my first coil was.
      and the outside shape is the one I want to wind.

To prevent that sharp angle, one could also start out with a not-round donut, such that when all the winds are on, the end result is a perfectly round one, one the outside. Still, the compression/decompression Marko speaks of, would be absent. Angles would not be as fluent on deeper layers, as I expect pretty square corners on that inside to compensate for winding build-up. One layer on the inside will be thicker on the inside than the outside, where the opposite is preferable.
      Spacing the wires quite a bit when looping the outside, and tight together on the inside in another option. You could call that compression/deompression, to some extent. Fewer windings would fit per layer, and gaps on the outside might want to be filled up to sustain a round top surface.

EDIT
      Re-viewing Jamie's winding table video YouTube - Rodin Coil Winding Table , I notice that the wires cross over so straight, that they fail to touch the inner torus surface even on the first winding. It seems the wires take a straight shortest route, rather than following the curvature of the core. That cross-over will add A LOT to the sharp angle. Doing it "right", might require glueing wires to the inside??

EDIT 2
      To not have that cross-over problem, perhaps the donut holes needs to be small enough relative to cross-section, to prevent loss of contact, yet large enough make all the wires FIT next to each other on one layer, plus 3-6-9 gaps. Which brings you back to variable thickness wire...
      Last edited by Cloxxki; 08-16-2009, 07:50 AM.

Comment

An Interview with Jamie Buturff

Vortex Network News Technology Hour
        Applications of the Rodin Coil Aug 15, 2009 at 10:00AM

Vortex Network News Progressive Technology Hour with William Alek

The Rodin Coil Jul 25, 2009 at 10:00AM
        Interview with Mark Rodin
        Achieve Radio Archive Vault playing Vortex Network News Technology Hour from Jul 25, 2009 at 10:00AM
        Last edited by Vortex; 08-17-2009, 10:44 AM. Reason: added Interview with Mark Rodin
        Remember to be kind to your mind ...
        Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

Vortex

DevidE, you did not inform everyone this is Jamie Buturff's video.
          Jamie Buturff is working directly with Mark Rodin.
          Are you suggesting that Jamie is not a reliable source?

The Rodin configuration schematic produces new coil phenomena. Some that we may not have language yet to interpret. Experimental replication may walk us down the road to discovery. The cost is low, possibilities high.

For me, this whole subject is in the category of "interesting." Practical application comes next.

Comment

Rodin is interesting, and in all likelihood onto something. But he has never given any explanations. He has explained several mathematical phenomenon, and electromechanical, but has never to my knowledge married them in any presentation he has given. I know of at least two other ways to wind which give the user higher inductance than a standard winding for the same turns. The very fact that he alludes to a monopole is crazy, simply because in almost all observed phenomenon, both in natural science, and kabalistic works, show that such a thing does not exist. There is the neutral from which equal and opposite spring. In all likelihood if he has what he said he has, then he never created a monopole rather has one pole facing outward radially from the bit, and one facing inward radially. He never mentions this possibility which is alot like deciding ahead of time what the outcome of the experiment will be.

It looks to me like he has found a very interesting pattern. This pattern is probably spot on in describing a part (even a fundamental part) of nature. But he has not realized how it all fits together. I can get almost the exact same resluts here with different winding configurations, and standard explanations, which to me is better than no explanations.

In nature, gravity works radially, overlapped with the potential gradient. The further you get away from the earth perpendicularly, the greater the difference. This being what it is, means that to loose weight one would have to create an electrical dipole, which his transformer would do! BUT it would alternate polarity, thereby pushing then pulling against the earth with no net gain. One would need to have a dynamic wave which does not switch the polarity, and his driving method would never accomplish this.

So many things wrong, so many loose threads, so many ill explained phenomenon, and no consideration to the cause of all effects. That would be a true spiritual / physical accomplishment.

Originally posted by Armagdn03 View Post
            Something interesting to consider.

If you imagine a figure 8 as a twisted loop, making two loops, and run a current through it, you will get a magnetic pole going into one loop, and coming out of the other. If you rotate this shape on its axis (imaginary line drawn between circles 8<--) you get a toroid, where the magnetic spin is always in one direction.

If you run alternating current through it, it will create a pole at one end, and an opposite at the other, then it will switch, creating false rotation, much like a single phase motor, with alternating poles. If you wind it so that the loops are not 180 degrees appart, maybe only 120, then you create 3 "poles" which alternate in sequence nns, snn, nsn, and so on creatingn an unbalanced rotation. As long as you keep the wind pattern where it comes over the toroid, through the center, then back around an opposite section, this effect can occur. There are many winding configurations this could be tried with, if you keep the premise of the winding the same, where the same current creates alternating poles with each wind. Things could get really interesting when the frequencies used physically start to match the natural parameters of the coil.

one could very well wind in a high impedance, high Q, bifilar wound coil which will have a large SWVR causing large reactive currents.

just a thought.

Comment

I'm about to start on winding my first Rodin coil and i am NOT looking forwards to it.....

.. anybody want to volenteer?

Comment

I'm about to wind my 3 mile Newman motor. Wanta trade?

Originally posted by rave154 View Post
                I'm about to start on winding my first Rodin coil and i am NOT looking forwards to it.....

.. anybody want to volenteer?

Comment

Originally posted by eternalightwithin View Post
                  I'm about to wind my 3 mile Newman motor. Wanta trade?
                  Open a Skype line, to at least not be at it alone.
                  I think I would prefer a couple weeks worth of dishes and laundry, by hand. Yours result should last though, thus more worth it than the wash-up :-)

Comment

Winding guide &amp; building tips.

Hi there my fellow eager mad experimenters..

I have built several Rodin coils: There may be a optimium torroid ratio size for winding one of these; however I believe its the geometry of the windings that is the most important factor. Ie a skinny hoola hoop wound correctly may give a similar effect?

I have found it to be of advantage to wind them on tyre inner tubes. Inner tubes can be found in various sizes! (ratios). Pump them up to a firm pressure and then wind your coil. The advantage is the tyre inner tube can then be pumped up when windings are complete, which then pulls all your windings tight! Small inner tubes are a problem though because the valve often gets in the way.. Now all I need is to find a huge "monster truck" tyre inner tube and build something big!

Also if you are interested Marko Rodin was at the ExtraOrdinary Technology Conferance 2009 held in April this year. He gave a Presentation on a "Rodin Coil Motor". I have ordered the DVD but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't give a review just now. Its avaliable though..

I'll upload my simple winding guide when I can fix up the image size..
                    Last edited by Sputins; 08-25-2009, 04:13 AM. Reason: Adding extra infomation.
                    "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                      Hi there my fellow eager mad experimenters..

I have built several Rodin coils: There may be a optimium torroid ratio size for winding one of these; however I believe its the geometry of the windings that is the most important factor. Ie a skinny hoola hoop wound correctly may give a similar effect?

I have found it to be of advantage to wind them on tyre inner tubes. Inner tubes can be found in various sizes! (ratios). Pump them up to a firm pressure and then wind your coil. The advantage is the tyre inner tube can then be pumped up when windings are complete, which then pulls all your windings tight! Small inner tubes are a problem though because the valve often gets in the way.. Now all I need is to find a huge "monster truck" tyre inner tube and build something big!

Also if you are interested Marko Rodin was at the ExtraOrdinary Technology Conferance 2009 held in April this year. He gave a Presentation on a "Rodin Coil Motor". I have ordered the DVD but it hasn't arrived yet so I can't give a review just now. Its avaliable though..

I'll upload my simple winding guide when I can fix up the image size..
                      If you like inner tubes...google for "tubular" tires! These are just as well toroid shaped, meant to be glued onto a vlalley shaped rim bed.
                      Although there is some elasticity, they may be easier to handle than just stretchy inner tubes. Makes sure to pre-seal your tubular with sealent inside. They should come in sized. The fattest and smallest diameter would qualify. I am actually seeking such to be be made for me alrready, for another science-defying project of mine : rollerskis that actually do work on untreated fireroads, also on steep uphills.
                      One thing about tubulars: all that I've owned, shrunk in diameter while being pumped up. Yes, the girth did grown a bit, air has to go somewhere. They are made to behave such, to clung on to the rim well, I suppose. One that behaves like an innertube (diameter AND girth grow when pumped), would create unwanted negative pressure against the rim glue.

Comment

Ok, im half way through my first Rodin coil, i can best describe the experience as similar to knitting in 5 dimensions !

the inner tube thing is a good idea as slackness is a persistant problem with only 2 hands.

(im gonna end up dreaming about this bloody coil, i know i am )

still, you only get what ya pay for......and i need 3 of em...possibly 4, for a lil experiment......actually lots of experiments, the scope of this coil opens up SO many possibilities.

Comment

Kabalarian Philosophy

They agree with Rodin that there are only 9 real numbers.
                          Kabalarian Philosophy
                          The philosophy is based off of the real 9 numbers: 1-9
                          Numerology is based off of 13 numbers which is totally wrong
                          if there are only 9 real numbers.
                          What is this 13#s about? .. sounds like disinformation to me.
                          Remember to be kind to your mind ...
                          Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

On inner tubes (being more budget and availability friendly than my tubular suggestion).

Innertubes of course come in many sizes. Especially for kid's bikes and toys. Fat and small, as we want them.

Wouldn't a water filled tube be a bit easier to handle while winding, especially when at pressure?

For a bicycle inertia test, I one did parts of this:

Fill a bathtub or large bucket with water.
                            Mini-pump is fully submerged and pumped idle to remove air
                            Pump tube up with water, remove all air.
                            Close valve if not automatic

Don't puncture with sharp wire, keep electrical appliances far removed. :-)

When you use a heavy gauge wire, especially for the first windings, I can imagine the tube becoming obsolete as a shape-holder. The coil might become self-supporting? Perhaps interesting to see how the absence of an air coil effects the use a loudspeaker, or any application for that matter. An innertube, if it any small part is uncovered by wire, can be carefully removed afterwards.

I'm still tryin gto understand the influence of a, Rodin Coil's core girth, in the magnetic vortex it will create.

Comment

Thanks Cloxxki for your suggestions..

I know about water filled inner tubes, hehe, a friend of mine has his Suzki 4x4 with its tyres filled & vacuum locked with water! Makes the vehicle conner twice as fast & steers exactly where you point the vehicle, among other features. When parked, you can grab the car and wobble it like its on four water bags! For 4wd'ing you can let the water out, down to just a couple psi left (like 2psi) and the bead doesn't break due to the water being present. On sand 4wd has "tank like" wheels! The secret is to get it "vacuum locked"

Anyway, Rodin! Water in the inner tube form of a Rodin Coil, very interesting! As far as I know, no one has done it and its a interesting area of research! As we know water has many strange and unknown qualities! I.e. memmory, diamagnetic, oxygen being para magnetic.

I think it maybe slightly difficult to wind due to the inner tube may be too wobbly? Have to try it..! Metal tape wound on the inner tube first (Like a Tesla Coil Torid) would help reduce the wobble. Wind, then slightly increase the pressure by adding a little more water...?

A solid form toroid could be constructed to have two valves, input & output to circulate water through coil form? Of course other liquids gasses or even a vacuum could be pulled on a solid form?

I have also now received & viewed the Marko Rodin Coil Motor DVD recorded at the 2009 ExtraOrdinary Technology Conf.. Worth watching.. good. Full review to follow later..

In general Rodin Coil Technology is only at the very beginning of its development by (us) experimenters and I'm sure it is one of the frontline technologies to work on and develop! ...Start winding!
                              Last edited by Sputins; 08-26-2009, 02:53 AM. Reason: update & spelling
                              "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

Finally !

finished my very first Rodin coil

now the fun starts

Comment

Working...
                                X