Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110-mpg car engines

Hi all,

what's your opinion on these 110-mpg car engines?

toledoblade.com --

Are they something new or old news?

Its brand new to me. Looks promising if you can buy the engine itself.

Comment

Ethanol suxx; but it can make an important point for gasoline too.

He is reported to be using "85% ethanol" for fuel. But apparently the high mileage figures are for a total use of all blended fuel; and not just representing the "15% gasoline" figure masquerading as the actual total... As was erroneously claimed by someone on the "Hydroxy" Yahoo group a few days ago.

Ethanol is no ultimate answer to our fuel problems... When the actual cost of farming and processing corn is considered; it now takes more energy to create ethanol than it provides (... Plus huge amounts of fresh water that could better be used elsewhere). Bio-fuel from blue-green algae is much more fresh water and energy-efficient to produce and does not take "food" away from the market or dramatically raise the price of anything that has corn byproducts in it; as ethanol would if it became more widespread in use here. But unless a GEET-like reactor system is used to "crack" it first, bio-diesel can't be efficiently burned in an ICE ; although it can be used in Diesel or turbine/jet engines.

However, it is interesting and good news that a high-MPG engine is finally apparently going to be mass-produced even if it IS using Ethanol: Because whatever principals to get this "4 times better" efficiency from an ICE are being used here (probably mostly related to "pre-vaporization" of the fuel and very high AFR), could almost certainly also be applied to burning all-gasoline blends... If the oil corporations ever decided to take the special additives that prevent the effective use of vaporization out of their retail gasoline blends, anyway

So if this idea and business plan is successful; it could eventually lead the way to ending the 80-year "ban" on vaporization of gasoline and using very high Air-Fuel Ratios... Through raising general public awareness of their benefits and causing the public to start asking:

"Why are these basic principals not also being used with standard engines/fuels?"

...And leading to my favorite question of all, lol:

" Why have these people forced us to use as much petroleum fuels as humanly possible all these years ?! "

Comment

You hit the nail on the head Jibguy. The Pogue carburetor was working just fine until the oil companies started putting lead in their gas.
        Unfortunately, human mental inertia makes any timely change in the current energy paradigm very difficult. Try explaining catalytic conversion to gear heads and they look at you like you're crazy. The automatic responce is: "If it was possible, it would have already been done and we'd have them in all the cars". Then try and explain that lead was not necessary for octane enhancement and they just walk away. Nobody wants their bubble popped.

Ted

Comment

Hi folks, and you as well hit the nail on the head Ted. Ever heard the phrase 'separating the wheat from the shaft', well that is what happens in creation so those folks that you speak of can live in there bubble being led like sheep until they learn the lessons needed, period.
          peace love light

Comment

I just hope that those in charge allow it to go forward, but I want hold my breath. Many inovations in the ICE have been developed over the centuries since it became the engine of choice. Most have either been suppressed or the inventer has mysteriously disappeared into oblivion. Maybe times are changing for the better. I sure hope so. Good Luck. Stealth

Comment

correction...

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
              Ever heard the phrase 'separating the wheat from the shaft', well ...
              peace love light
              The phrase is "Separating the Wheat from the Chaff"
              chaff 1 (chf)
              n.
              1. Botany Thin dry bracts or scales, especially:
              a. The dry bracts enclosing mature grains of wheat and some other cereal grasses, removed during threshing.

Comment

Hi folks, thanks tron I didn't think I had the spelling of the word correct however you have done a good job at missing the point. exactly what those in the bubble are doing. Care to comment on what I said there English prof.

Comment

Working...
                X