"RICK'S PIPE DREAM" Magnetic Motor-Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year Rick

I was wondering if you've been working on your motor at all lately? Have you seen the latest on the V gate motor, thought maybe this would get you thinking again about your project. I watched your #3 video again and was thinking about a spring assist. Springs on the outside of the stator so when the stator left the last magnet in a group the stator would lift up a little. Or some kind or lever with fulcrum lift. The other idea that came to mind which I think you experimented with a little was to reduce the force on the front magnet in a group. Either with smaller magnets in the beginning of the group or raising the trailing magnets in the group. Or if there was a way to curve the magnets down at the beginning of the group. Not sure if any of these ideas are plausible just thinking out loud. Good luck to you, I would like to see this thread revived!

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Happy New Year Rick

I was wondering if you've been working on your motor at all lately?
      Hi Mark,

Yes, I have continued working on the Pipe Dream project, and have some more video results that I will be showing shortly. As explained in my last post here, I did get quite bogged down in repair and maintenance projects both here at home and at my summer cottage over the past months. I still have a few more unfinished projects here at home, but at least I can now devote some real time to the Pipe Dream experiments and modifications once again.

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Have you seen the latest on the V gate motor, thought maybe this would get you thinking again about your project.
      Yes, I have jumped in to read about it in the thread posted here. I witheld posting any comments, however, until I could do an analysis of what is shown in the video of that setup. Part of that analysis is completed now, and includes an elapsed time reference for each individual rotation, as compared to the total elapsed time from start of rotation to end of rotation. I have that in a Microsoft Excel file, and will make it available for downloading once I attach notes of my observations to it. It took me a while to complete this, as there were 112 rotations to note. What I will say about the Roobert33 V-gate device is that it is very simple, and should work as long as the force required to lift the stator magnets at top and bottom of the device is not greater than the rotational force that is generated my the magnetic interactions. Whether or not the device meets or exceeds that goal remains to be seen unless several replicators are able to establish the veracity of what is shown. Certainly the lifting of the stator magnets requires some amount of force, and even in the best scenario this mechanical lifting will at least slow the rotations, if not stopping them altogether.

I do plan on demonstrating a V track rotor magnet layout on the Pipe Dream apparatus, and will compare an elapsed time test of that to my other rotor magnet layout tests. I do think however, that my current layout (to be shown in my next video) is perhaps even more productive than a V track layout. It has allowed me to increase the speed of rotation throughout the metal plate section, with the last half showing a faster elapsed time than the first half, and the overall time faster than in my previous tests. So unless I find an even better layout, this is probably what I will stick with, at least until I get the mechanical staor carriage lifting mechanism completed and adjusted as best I can.

What makes Roobert33's device a possible self-runner is his use of a moving stator, which is what I have been saying all along is the best method for achieving continuous rotation. I began talking about this in my Moving Stator thread here before starting the Pipe Dream project thread.

I watched your #3 video again and was thinking about a spring assist. Springs on the outside of the stator so when the stator left the last magnet in a group the stator would lift up a little. Or some kind or lever with fulcrum lift.
      If you go back to my last post, you will see that I outlined in specific detail the method I am going to initially use to mimic the lifting motion that I accomplished by hand in my video #3. Certainly a spring assist could be part of this action. Basically my idea is to almost totally eliminate the lifting force that is required, so that there is practically no subtraction of rotational force. I feel that my idea of utilizing a counterweight, attached to a vertically sliding stator carriage, is probably the easiest method of achieving this, and could allow for just a half ounce or less of lifting force requirement. Therefore, a spring assist to start the lift could be generated by a relatively weak spring. The mechanical linkage to cause the lift would have to be a rotating cam lever device, and would not be all that different from the Roobert33 setup, though it would be best if it were of a shorter span length.

The other idea that came to mind which I think you experimented with a little was to reduce the force on the front magnet in a group. Either with smaller magnets in the beginning of the group or raising the trailing magnets in the group. Or if there was a way to curve the magnets down at the beginning of the group. Not sure if any of these ideas are plausible just thinking out loud. Good luck to you, I would like to see this thread revived! Mark
      My experiments at reducing the repulsive force at the lead end of a rotor magnet group proved to me that this is not the way to go. If you reduce the force at the first magnet, or the first few magnets, then the stator sees the approach of the first strong rotor magnet as the repulsion factor. In order to achieve continued movement, the attraction and repulsion forces within a group need to be in balance. Of course this method requires that the stator magnet must be dropped down towards, and within, each of the rotor magnet groups, but I don't think that will be a problem. The stator will weigh more than the counterweight, so will want to fall once the cam action ends, and the magnetic attraction force will assist in pulling the stator closer to the rotor magnet groups. As I mentioned in video #3, it is very difficult to maintain a close relationship between the stator and rotor magnets because the attraction force is so strong that you can easily reach a point of no return, where you cannot prevent the stator magnet from slamming into the rotor magnet group if holding it by hand. Mechanically, with appropriate stops like I currently have set up on my slider bar, that of course will not be a problem and the rotation will be visibly much stronger than witnessed in video #3.

Rick
      Last edited by rickoff; 01-27-2011, 11:24 PM. Reason: sp
      "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Is this post still alive?

Are there any new updates on this post? I've been reading up on something called magniwork. An Australian guy is selling blueprints for his DIY magnetic energy machine--apparently he is selling them like crazy. ...guy made the mainstream news. Some say it's just a way to make cash, others say he's selling reliable and accurate info. Anyway, interesting if nothing else.

So....any updates?

Cheers,

Ryan
        Solar Power Projects

Comment

• he is stealing

Originally posted by RyanWiley100 View Post
          Are there any new updates on this post? I've been reading up on something called magniwork. An Australian guy is selling blueprints for his DIY magnetic energy machine--apparently he is selling them like crazy. ...guy made the mainstream news. Some say it's just a way to make cash, others say he's selling reliable and accurate info. Anyway, interesting if nothing else.

So....any updates?

Cheers,

Ryan
          Solar Power Projects
          Check this http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/mromag.htm

Comment

• Thanks for the reply...I'm such a bird brain sometimes! I read the first page and didn't bother to notice all the others that followed it!

Never post before drinking coffee!

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanWiley100 View Post
              Thanks for the reply...I'm such a bird brain sometimes! I read the first page and didn't bother to notice all the others that followed it!

Never post before drinking coffee!
              Hi Ryan,

Are you saying that you read page one of the thread, but failed to realize there are 13 more pages? If so, that's okay. We all experience moments like that once in a while.

I notice you mentioned the magniwork motor plans. From what I understand, the people selling these plans are just scamming people and they don't have a clue as to how this could be made to work. You can read more about that, and comment on it, in this thread , and there is also a free plans download available if you want to look at the design.

This thread is strictly for discussion about the Pipe Dream prototype. Rest assured the Pipe Dream project is still very much alive, and that further postings will soon commence. In the meantime, it looks as though you have a lot of reading to do to catch up with the thread posts. I would also suggest that you have a look at the Pipe Dream YouTube videos, and check out the Pipe Dream website, where you can freely download the full step-by-step builder's plans if you would like to replicate the prototype and join the effort.

Best regards,

Rick
              "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Hi Rick

Hi Rick, this is jaime from Ecuador, i am in portland now and just researching about the howards machine and similars, can you contact to me please or let me know how to contact to you, since i saw the last activity of this blog was in 2008.
                tks very much for your time
                jaime

Comment

• Originally posted by rickoff View Post
                  Hi Groundhog,

I hope we do get some more interest in these HJ magnets, and yes - the 3 staggered pairs would be optimal.

In case others don't know exactly what we are talking about, here's a cutaway view of Howard Johnson's magnetic motor-generator showing the staggered magnet pairs.

In the above drawing, it may look like a long magnet is paired with a short one, but that isn't so. They are of equal length, and the cutaway shows that they are encased in some non-magnetic material (the reddish-brown color). These arc magnets rotate around the curved bar magnets which are centrally located, and similarly encased. The knurled knob acts as a speed control by moving the curved bar magnets into or out of direct alignment with the arc magnets. To build this particular configuration, one would have to locate the curved bar magnets of the correct dimensions. These curved bars could also be called arc segment magnets, or motor magnets.

You may have noticed, at the bottom of my previous post about these magnets, that the manufacturer is (or has been) supplying these to Dell computer for use in a laser printer. Strange how they just happen to be the same dimensions as the HJ magnets, huh? And even stranger is the fact that their drawing is dated May 11, 2009, which is somewhat after I sent them my drawing and specifications based upon the HJ patent. I noticed that a note at the bottom of the drawing they sent me said that those magnets were to be supplied unmagnetized, so I guess Dell does their own process with them. I'm thinking it may be worth contacting Dell to see if a deal can be worked out directly with them to supply us with some of these. They probably bought these in a much larger quantity than what is shown in the price quote list, so may have bought them for $20 or less per magnet. I'll fire off an inquiry to Dell to see what I can find out about that.

Best 2 U,

Rick
                  Dear Rick, I'm a newbie here, could you send us a complete plan of this HJ motor? It would be of great help to mankind, our email- bsvsb@yahoo.com, and thank you very much in advance.

Comment

• Hi folks, I know that it has been a long time since I posted updates here, and I'm sorry if I have disappointed anyone who had been following the thread. So as not to repeat a lengthy explanation for my whereabouts, and what I have been doing, please see my current posts from the past couple of days at this link. I will definitely be pursuing a continuation of this thread, and will show in diagrams and video how my Pipe Dream apparatus can be made to continuously rotate using only the forces of magnetic attraction, repulsion, and gravity. Before temporarily stepping out of this thread, I had provided a detailed explanation of the method I would use to achieve continuous rotation, and I often wondered if anyone had followed through on that. I do realize, however, that most people are not going to invest the time and resources into building a device until someone shows how and proves it will work, so my aim is to do exactly that. I will also be continuing my Overbalanced Water Wheel thread soon, but for reasons explained in my above link, I will first devote available time to the Pipe Dream project.

Best regards to all, - Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X