Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrStiffler View Post
    @Tecstatic
    I'll look into this, although I am out of the loop on (.php) I have only coded (.htm and .asp) so I'm not sure what all it will take to port. I sure do not want to type everything into another tool.

The core is 'proprietary' I have them made in the great rice land of the world (no offense). I will have them available for a very,very low price, cheaper than a good cup of coffee. I use then in my new boards as well. Keep watching my site, maybe a week when I have enough on hand to get out there.
    When you get an account at one.com you have to deliver an URL, eg. Stiffler Scientific. They create your account and a directory to hold your .HTML files.

The only thing you have to do is to copy your own directory structure with .html files to your account directory.

You use FTP (file transfer protocol) to copy the files from your computer to your one.com account root directory.

A lot of free FTP capable programs are available, windows or linux, command line or graphical. In the best programs you have two windows like the file explorer.

One window shows your directory of .HTML files on your personal computer, the other shows the directory on the one.com account.

You select the files to copy and start the copy. As a result the files end up in your directory at one.com

When done copying, you write the URL (given to one.com at registration) of your home page in a browser, and your page shows from the one.com hosted home page of yours.

It can not be simpler than that, no need to recode or reduce the size.

Eric

Comment

• Welcome on the thread :-)

Originally posted by Iotayodi View Post
      I have a weather station and have a site here.
      Web Hosting Wholesale - As low as $1.00 for high quality Hosting.
      Ive used them for about 4 years now and no problems. They have Virtual to prime hosting. I dont know all the particulars for your situation. Ive never seen a negative post about them.

My electronics experience is minimal but I have been following cold electricity after reading Sweets work. My personal opinion is we need more people working on this. Its been over 20 years since Sweets work at home. Im surprised it hasn't evolved more.

Iotayodi. welcome to this thread, here we are not many either, as this is not the most easy topic to understand. but it is an important one, and it deserves attention.
      I can recommend all the videos on YouTube MRH2O2 channel, if you have not seen them already.

I hope Docs hosting problems can be solved, so all time can be devoted to the real thing.

Eric

Comment

• I'm still trying to squeeze the last drop out my LEDs
        It is amazing what can be done with a SEC15, SGate, AV plug and a couple of matching coils. At the moment I'm gaining exactly 3v per each LED added (40 total) running it all from 18.9v 70mA.

You do the math...

ABC

Comment

• Web page for the Doc

Doc we have Free space and are a non profit org to help open source engineers, if you need space and a free web page its already yours Ron.

just drop me an email, we the energetic forum are honored from all your work and help and inspiration - WE owe you at least that much. Glad this is not the OU forum.

Ash

Comment

• Another configuration of the SEC

@Ashtweth, on the spot as always, thank you.

@All

I just want to share a finding about the use of the SEC. I have not enough LED's and coils yet to do all experiments I want ( and the ideal configuration), but anyway I share it now, in case you may find it interesting, I'm running out of time today

The SEC can in one view be regarded as an unbalanced creature, having ground at the emitter and a "hot" wire at the collector of the MPSA06 connected to LEDs in some way.

I compare that to a large stable mass <-> oscillator <-> a spring <-> a small oscillating mass.

but...

What if we make this "balanced" connection ?

Small oscillating mass <-> spring <-> "massless" oscillator <-> spring <-> small oscillating mass ?

With the right tuning you get the double output for the same oscillator current ? Maybe, I have to verify when I do more experiments.

I took Lattice333's circuit on page 12 of this thread and did these modifications:

I replaced L2 with a 100 pF capacitor,

To the "ground I connected: a 100pF cap <-> coil <-> AV plug with 12 LEDs and a test clip antenna at one end of the LED array.

I know this is not a perfect configuration, but anyway it has given my best total result so far at 12.6V supply from a NiCd battery, no ground attached anywhere.

This is both for individual LED brightness, number of LEDs and the least current.

It is hard to find the correct current consumption, but I can say I saw 15mA with the original Lattice333 configuration. Removing the supply, the 2200uF capacitor sustained the light for approx. 1 second. With the new configuration if stays on for approx. 2 seconds.

As the detuning voltage may not be the same, the conclusion may be hard. But from the "helicopter" view, I added 12 more LEDs to the 30 I have already, increased the brightness and lowered consumption.

It is easy to replicate for those having the Lattice333 circuit.

More experiments will reveal if I'm fooled again .

Eric

Comment

• Originally posted by Tecstatic View Post
              Yes it may look so, besides other activities disturbing my hobby, I for my part have been through the rest of your YT videos, and done some Lattice333 experiments.

Try

One.com Web hosting**-**Domain &bull; Hosting &bull; E-mail**

as web hotel.

You pay less than 2$ a month for 3000 MB space, so you probably don't need to reduce the size of your material. You use a FTP program of your choice to copy your pages.

I have some friends very satisfied with one.com, always up flawlessly :-)

Doc, what is the toroid specification on your 650uH toroid coil you use for the heat measurements. and what is the length and width of the sgate PCB (I have no original PCB from you).

Eric
              @Tecstatic
              Hey I went so far as fill out all the stuff for the "One.com" site and then they told me I had to Fax to Dubai a signed URL transfer, my credit card number and my date of birth? WHAT?

Oh yes, they are in the Netherlands and Dubai and they do ask for a date of birth when you initially give them the credit card number, but of course when someone tries this I make myself many years younger

Soooo! I dropped that like a hot transistor and am now worried about what they are going to do with the card info.............

Comment

• Originally posted by ABCStore View Post
                I'm still trying to squeeze the last drop out my LEDs
                It is amazing what can be done with a SEC15, SGate, AV plug and a couple of matching coils. At the moment I'm gaining exactly 3v per each LED added (40 total) running it all from 18.9v 70mA.

You do the math...

ABC
                @ABCStore

Okay, I did the math and it is not so good until you can provide some current through the LED string. You can use my filter and a 1 ohm resistor in the center of the string and an analog meter to get a fair reading, them we can look for the rose if its there.

3Volts * 40LEDS = ((120Volts * Ix) * duty cycle) = Joules

Lets say you have a typical 20mA at this voltage;

120V * 0.02 = 2.4J/Sec, if the duty cycle is 30% then
                2.4J * 0.3 = 720mJ

Your input is 18.9V * 0.07 = 1.323J/Sec (maybe), again if you use a 1 ohm in series with te supply and see if you need to integrate the input or not?

Good job...

Comment

• Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
                  Doc we have Free space and are a non profit org to help open source engineers, if you need space and a free web page its already yours Ron.

just drop me an email, we the energetic forum are honored from all your work and help and inspiration - WE owe you at least that much. Glad this is not the OU forum.

Ash
                  @ashtweth
                  Well I spent the morning with my provider (on the phone) and for the time being they state that I can remain on the cheap static IP, but I needed to make some cosmetic changes (hummm.) Okay that is done and maybe I can see what its all about to stay at my rate. So until some bureaucrat sweeps there IP's again and goes past home, I am still in operation.

@All
                  Thank all of you that sent me a PM and offered hosting in one form or another. I do of course prefer status quo so long as I can, but the offers were great and I do thank you all.

Comment

• MPSA06 Beta Drop

@All

The issue of the reverse diodes between Vbe on an exciter has and is to reduce the decline of the transistor Beta. The problem went away when it was discovered that a single diode would work here, yet the CEC was changed and tuning was required to offset the capacity (so it was thought). Actually its not the capacity that required new tuning positions.

Because both Vcbo and Vebo come into play in a properly running Exciter, when you decrease the reverse pulses you also decrease the operational points.

The MPSA06 spec says that Vebo is ~4V. I have tested many of them and have included a graph of what I think is a good representation, it is a bit better than the 4V spec.

Here is what is critical. You reach the reverse knee, even once, even for a millisecond and you can loose 50% Beta (that fast).

So to properly select the number of diodes, you want the reverse pulse to be as big as it can, but you do not want to reach the knee where we have a Vebo break over or by, by Beta.

So the number of diodes to use, more than one, but less than the break over knee for the transistor.
                    Attached Files

Comment

@ashtweth
                      Well I spent the morning with my provider (on the phone) and for the time being they state that I can remain on the cheap static IP, but I needed to make some cosmetic changes (hummm.) Okay that is done and maybe I can see what its all about to stay at my rate. So until some bureaucrat sweeps there IP's again and goes past home, I am still in operation.

@All
                      Thank all of you that sent me a PM and offered hosting in one form or another. I do of course prefer status quo so long as I can, but the offers were great and I do thank you all.
                      Hi Ron, we are all a community here, it doesn't surprise me you got spammed out with offers my friend, what happens to one happens to all, just keep that in mind too MIB's .

Ash

Comment

• Hi all,

I've received my new, smaller, LEDs and modified my setup.
                        Now there are two parallel chains of 45 per chain. Very bright!
                        127v across AV plug, 18.9v 70mA from power supply.
                        90 very bright LEDs total...

By the way, the voltage building up is very real, it will ZAP you! So be careful, people...

ABC

Comment

Well the worthless phone company I have has informed me that my static IP will go from $4.95 a month to $129.95. .....Any one have an idea for me?
                          Google ads are quite discreet. It might pay to sign up with them.

Do you have figures for the likely bandwidth traffic? How many MB flowed out of your site last week/month?

Comment

• New Calorimeter

Well sometimes it is not practical to use a component immersed in water to measure heat generation. With the new toroid this is indeed the case. To get around this I built a unit that contains a 190g Al block as the absorber. I calibrated it and produced a graph of the response. Now it is only necessary to insert a component and graph the results over time and compare to the calibration.
                            Attached Files

Comment

@Tecstatic
                              Hey I went so far as fill out all the stuff for the "One.com" site and then they told me I had to Fax to Dubai a signed URL transfer, my credit card number and my date of birth? WHAT?

Oh yes, they are in the Netherlands and Dubai and they do ask for a date of birth when you initially give them the credit card number, but of course when someone tries this I make myself many years younger

Soooo! I dropped that like a hot transistor and am now worried about what they are going to do with the card info.............
                              Doc. sorry to hear that, I have not heard they now ask for age. The signed URL transfer makes sense though.

The spectrum picture you posted is a bit low res, not sure if I got the formula right.
                              How did you measure that ?

----------------------

I have made a few more coils, but I have to order more components to tune more.

I have tried this.

12 LED AV plug <-> disk <-> coil <-> cap <-> ground, collector <-> cap <-> coil parallel to 2 *15 LEDs in array.

I have measured consumption with a 1 ohm surface mount resistor next to the battery.

12,6V, 13-17mA, 30 LEDs in the Lattice333 like part and 12 LEDS on the disk. Seen with different setups.

This is the max. intensity the LEDs are capable of. This is the best I have got so far.

I will make more disks different sizes and more coils.

Having a running circuit and connecting the disk to the coil gives a big increase in intensity for the 30 LEDs, and it lowers the current consumption about 3 mA.

I now need to get a better tuning between the two sides, and try to make it more symmetric. I hope to be able to add a lot of AV plugs with LEDs to the disk with the correct tuning. Time will tell.

The LEDs I use now is 5mm 20mA 30-40.000 mcd. I will next try a bunch of 10mm 140.000 mcd @ 20mA. Then it should be quite capable.

I just wish I had a spectrum analyzer ....

Eric

Comment

• Brilliant

Brilliant contribution Dr S!

I enjoyed the read on your 'spatial gate' theory and will be testing it out. Thanks so much.

Regards

TP

Comment

Working...
                                X