X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oldie View Post
    Dr. Stiffler:

I tested the cut diode with 18v, 60 mA, distilled water and.... no luck
    I checked with an uncut diode, same settings and got bubbles not too much as usual in my experience, but got the gas flowing.
    Tried again with same setup, cut diode... no gas
    Tried again with both diodes... no gas in any of both diodes...
    went back again with uncut alone... gas
    again cut one... no gas
    again both... no gas

I have had no luck, tried to adjust but got any result when cut diode present.

I'm sure my setup is far from optimal, maybe you have better results, please share, and sorry for my results.

Ricardo
    Hi Ricardo

I think that the glass is part of the effect, and seems that you have proved it. I may be wrong but there seems to be a triode effect.

Mike

Comment

• I know, I know, I'm a first class Idiot !!!!

Originally posted by DrStiffler View Post
      @oldie
      Brave man you are! I have a 2" scare on my left thumb from just this type of work with a wheel, never again, I have gone to machines and hope to retain my digits.

I feel now that my initial photon idea is going to be the direction to take. It appears that the field is dampened by the exposure of the junction to the water. The water for sure has a lower impedance than does the unexposed junction inside of the glass. After looking inside of five LED's that were run for various times, there is no evidence of water inside of the diode body.

Dr. Conrad backs me up on the potential interaction of virtual particles as seem by what is taking place in the light cavities of the LED's we examined that did NOT contain any trace of water.

Great work and of great benefit, we can not do it all of course and it is the experimenters like yourself and lidmotor and lokki that contribute so much to any work discussed in an open forum.

Each and every bit of information points to this not being a conventional form of electrolysis, no matter what detractors might say.
      Dr.
      Put appart my previous post, it's worth nothing

I checked again and found the rigth microscope, youre lucky I have not a wife to blame on you, and shame on me I opened all my move boxes and throw away everything until I found the damm microscope...

I checked again the junction, sandind blind as I do, gives poor results, there was some metal dirt between electrodes

I have been able to clean it up with an clinical needle, junction seems to be a little metal (ow wathever it is) square pressed between metal electrodes, once cleaned I repeated the test and... BINGO!!!!, bubbles start to raise from the junction, you were rigth

I post terrible photos, my camera is automatic, that means she does what she wants, and never pay attention to my wishes just like.... well that's another history

Any case I observed something that IMHO must be taken into account and care must be put to get good results:

As my cut has led a little electrode gap or border around the square junction, gas start to evolve and in a few minutes, forms a bubble that remains "glued to the electrode border surrounding the junction, isolating it from the surrounding water, once all the water around the junction has been bubbled, gas stops, as the junction is surrounded only by gas.

I cleaned the bubble and gas continued until next bubble, and so on...

So I think that to get stable and continued gas production you must avoid leaving any gap or corner around the junction, that allow bubbles to get stucked to the junction.
      I'll try to make a drawing later, My english is too poor to describe it. And maybe all this junk is only confusing all you.

Anycase the results are awesome.

I have not idea which material the junction is, but after a few minutes no singns of corrosion are seen, yes, I know, too little time and very little junction to see anything even with the microscope, but, I'm nearly sure it is not so easy to corrode.

Concerning fingers
      Try it as follows:
      Bend a little the diode leg, so when picked with your finger, it's body rest parallel to your finger, as shown on the firs photo, a couple posts away.

Use a fast speed with the drill, 20.000 or higher, slower speeds only gives you heat and burns.

Use a fine abrasive wheel and put a very faint (weak?) pressure, otherwise you'll have heat again.

As the diode leg is bend you can take it appart to see progress, once picked again against the wheel it will rest again in the same position.

It tooks me maybe 10 minutes to sand it completely, and did not get any burn, nor heat, (the comment above was just a joke)

The only difficult part is to sand it to the same level than the square junction to avoid the junction being hidden by the electrodes border.

I hope it helps, any case I think its worth some more trys, I'll try to do my best when I have another rest.

Will it be possible to get some of this junction material?

A last question, did you tried with the diode loose ends?

Best wishes
      RIcardo
      Attached Files
      Last edited by oldie; 07-07-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
        Hi Ricardo

I think that the glass is part of the effect, and seems that you have proved it. I may be wrong but there seems to be a triode effect.

Mike
        Hi mike

I was the worst part of the experiment , it seems that junction is important, many other things are also important, but in this case, and as far as my eyes could get, junction naked works.

The part I have not been able to see is where in all that microscopic circuit is where is exactly the gas evolving, on the junction with anode?, with cathode, none of these??

Wow, every day more questions,
        My best regards Mike and thank for your ideas
        Ricardo
        (waiting for your news)

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderful View Post
          Try this:
          coil diameter=42mm pvc tube
          turns=80 AWG=22
          If you not have a sec 18-1e you must add a trim cap (9-60 pF) to adjust the load.
          You can also try slightly different number of turns but not overly (range:75-85 turns)

Let me know
          Hi Wonderful,

Thanks for the info, I will try with a bigger cap, I have a SEC 18, but seems thad supplied cap is not large enough for that coil.

Again thanks for the info
          Ricardo

Comment

• Guys,

I don't have time to try this right now but could you try covering the diode completely with a nail polish?

ABC

Comment

• Diode cut & some notes

Originally posted by oldie View Post
              Dr.
              As my cut has led a little electrode gap or border around the square junction, gas start to evolve and in a few minutes, forms a bubble that remains "glued to the electrode border surrounding the junction, isolating it from the surrounding water, once all the water around the junction has been bubbled, gas stops, as the junction is surrounded only by gas.
              RIcardo
              Hello again,

I'm attaching the last images I will be able to post, as the system shows me a red line because of so many photos posted...

I have had the electrolysis running the whole nigth with two diodes, one naked and the second untouched.
              18v, 60mA, Distilled water... 26 uH L3 coil

As expected the cut diode stopped making gas soon and no bubbles shown this morning, the second one upper leg was completely crowded by bubbles and the water completely brown, I'll try to make a couple photos when I get back home, if my camera has not other ideas .

The attached diagram shows the uncut diode electrodes and Junction config.(1), the cut I performed (2) and the cut that I believe must be reached to allow the diode to do his work more than a few minutes.

In fig 2 I drawn a bubble as I view it, I cant make so good photos so I have to draw it.

When the diode make gas, many bubbles, as the one shown in (2), get stucked to the junction border, in just a few minutes (maybe seconds if you get more gas) they surround and isolate the square junction and gas stops, it's difficult to clean and you have to clean very often, so this is a bad configuration.

More over this I believe that some rust forms in the electrodes around the junction, I give it a quick look this morning and the gap between electrodes seems me clogged, I'll look better and send photos later.

Dr. and all, If you undress some diodes try to reach the config marked (3), my experiment, I believe, shows that this requires some care and not a fast and bad job as I did.

Again thanks for sharing your knowledge, although I'm already reaching my limits... I'll continue experimenting I think SEC has much more to show than is already seen.

Drawing
              Imageshack - diodecutdwg01.jpg - Uploaded by ricardoch

Water clouds
              Imageshack - diodecutaft00.jpg - Uploaded by ricardoch

Results
              Imageshack - diodecutaft01.jpg - Uploaded by ricardoch

My best regards and wishes
              Ricardo
              Last edited by oldie; 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• My explination, it may be proven wrong

Hi all and Dr. Stiffler

Now I am going to try and explain what I THINK is going on here and yes I do have experimental evidence albeit for other work that I and my associates do and cannot be aired on public forum.

Now I want you to think of the old style vacuum diode, which is still used today for HF and HV. Now I am going to explain a three electrode diode, yes a triode. Now if you think about a triode with the center electrode being the cathode and the two outer, anodes. Now you might think yes take two diodes and join the two cathodes together, NO, it does not work like that, the cathode is a cathode common two both anodes.

Now with the good Dr's setup we have from the sec a HF/HV going to a foil on the test tube which has a dialectric of glass to the water, (capacitive coupling), the water becomes our first anode in this example which is feeding ac to the cathode of the diode in the water, or the negative part of the wave. The positive part of the wave is going to the anode of the diode in the water, we have formed a type of AV plug with a virtual ground cathode, and that virtual ground is the real magic as we obtain free electrons which gives us the power for gas production.

Remember that the current draw goes down and not up, so extra energy is coming from!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes the virtual grounded COMMON cathode. This is why as you strip off the glass the point of gas production is at the junction or if it is not stripped, at the anode lead and not the cathode.

The diode here has gained an extra anode, the water, and free electrons are being pumped into the common cathode.

Mike

Comment

• interesting page

Comment

• @oldie.Hi Very interesting experiments you are doing with the pn junctions .
                    I don't know if you are aware but you can remove a pn junction intact if your careful from a plastic type diode like a 4001.Just carefully sqeeze with pliers and the plastic breaks quite easily leaving the junction plus electrodes.Hope this helps.Jonny.

Comment

• @DrStiffler-
                      Let me get this right. Your last video showed a increased crystal or increased light well size on the used diode????? Something got bigger inside?
                      Compare time in video 0:19 (new one) to 0:49 (used one)

Is this the beginnings of when the LEDs fail in the odd fashion and conduct both ways? But it looks like the wire has disconnected so maybe not. I have too many questions and not enough microscopes...

Thanks for that close up!
                      Last edited by CosmicFarmer; 07-09-2010, 12:11 AM. Reason: :)

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                        @oldie.Hi Very interesting experiments you are doing with the pn junctions .
                        I don't know if you are aware but you can remove a pn junction intact if your careful from a plastic type diode like a 4001.Just carefully sqeeze with pliers and the plastic breaks quite easily leaving the junction plus electrodes.Hope this helps.Jonny.
                        Hi Jonny, thanks for your post.

I opened a 4148 because it seems that is the reference to use, any other model is easier to open, i did time ago even with transistors , but it seems that other diodes are not so efficient with the SEC.
                        In fact I did some AV plugs that work worse than 4148 or do not work at all.

Best regards
                        Ricardo

Comment

• What about these diodes? 1N34A

ABC

Comment

• @abcstore
                            unless your getting a good deal on them, need high frequency ones. Worth a try if you can
                            Last edited by CosmicFarmer; 07-11-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Additional Diode Electrolysis Info

I have seen, either here or some other thread a few questions that were not addressed by the replicators.

If I remember someone wanted one of the diode leads painted with nail polish and see if the action still occurred. Well I did that a bit better (I think). I dipped one lead in HV corona dope and let it dry well. Inserted into a cell and sure enough it still worked, although it punched through the dope. Coated the other lead (now both anode and cathode were tried) and again it works, yet again punch through. The punch through most likely is a result of microscopic spots that did not accept the coating and this was just enough to allow the process to start and then enlarge the areas. Indeed, after a few hours the entire coating was separated from the lead. The process just did not like being hindered. I think a lot of work would be needed to insure a proper cleaning so the entire surface was coated, yet with virtual particles I'm not so sure it would matter anyway.

On another forum a person ask what happens if you just reverse the diode, in other works placing the diode anode in the coupling ring and the cathode up at the top. Just the reverse of my video's. Well I don't work for other people, but because there have been many replicators, I felt I owed it to them in case they have not or have tried it and obtained a different result.

Normally if you want to know something, try it yourself.

Well it makes no difference which lead is in the primary coupling field. The anode still is the gas emitter and the cathode stays clear of bubbles. Granted some small amount will form over time. So it is safe to say that by switching diode orientation, you do not switch the gas producing lead. All in all it would have been very enlightening if you could have chosen what gas you wanted H2 or O2 just by switching the excited lead.

Comment

• If you do not know of this paper

It appears there is a person trying to take credit for circuits that I developed, without giving credit. Hummm.

In case some of you would like to see and example, here is a link to one of my short papers on a subject that seems to be of prime interest.

Ultra-Band Excitation Electrolysis

Comment

Working...
                                X