Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Inquorate
    YouTube comment:
    "thanks for sharing that; the nodes appear to follow their own rules eh. It will be interesting if we can figure out how to manipulate them."

What do you specifically have in mind ?

@all

I can give some more info on the tuning. Remember the spiral ciols fall off gently increasing the frequency from "spot on resonance". This allows me for more easy tuning. Although the coil is not the right number of windings, it works quite well.

Refreshing locations of the towers:
    located from left to right are:

(1) SECRPT..............with the 8 LEDs and now 3 CFLs, L3 35 windings
    ......3 cm
    (2) SECTWR............."unloaded", L3 36 windings
    ......14 cm
    (3) SECRPT...............with 24 LEDs, L3 36 windings
    ......1 cm, ( 13 cm to (2) )
    (4) STWR
    ......40 cm to (2)
    (5) STWR

The 3 CFLs are
    1 8W CFL........(newcomer)
    1 18W 2' CFL
    1 36W 4' CFL lit approx. half length.

The total amount of light is not bad, a mixture of focused and diffuse light. It could be acceptable for reading and general lighting in a small room, if the alternative is nothing. It runs very stable, no problems. Not handy though.

The SECTWR (1) and (2) have 80mm alu foil covered Christmas balls approx. 3 cm separation.
    (1) has no tuning capability at all, no matter how I turn the trimmer capacitor it stays locked to (2)
    (1) operates wireless to (2)

(3) has a 60mm ball and is approx. 14 cm separated from (2). (3) runs wirelessly also, if the - end of the AV plug connected to GND of (2) is not counted.
    (2) has a wide tuning range with influence on LED intensity. But tuned it must be.

(3) suffers much from (1) optimized for max CFL light, a better L3 must be used.

The tuning procedure after my first assembly done.

1. Tune (2) so a neon on the sphere on (1) is max.
    2. Light a CFL on (1)
    3. Fine tune (2) for max CFL light, the fundamental frequency is 12MHz with much RF content. ( I wish I had a nice SA ).

The spatial resonance of my 35 winding spiral coil is 10.6MHz, so this is not optimal, (but easy to tune). I need more coils with less windings. I have a PCB with 29-34windings in the line.

Hope this clarifies the setup a bit more.

Note how many details such a relative simple setup has, and this description is not exhaustive.

If more properties are not clear, don't hesitate to ask. This has much experimenting left.

---

I hope everyone sees the need for terms, else a description like this gets more ambiguous than necessary, and more than it probably already is. This is just a post, not a report.

As this is no ordinary technology we need a "vocabulary" for unambiguous communication.

@Doc
    I dream (yes, at least one dreamer) of an insulating rod with more slide-able mounted blocks and electronics in a handy box (extended SGate ? "the SGate is a fantastic interface to the lattice" ).

I have found a diode STTH1R04QRL 400V, 1A, trr 14ns. Do you think that can be used with benefit further on ?
    Have you found something better ?

Eric

Comment

• Near Infinity

@All

I wonder who can start with a good clean fully charged battery and obtain a full month 24/7 with a similar configuration to what I show here.

YouTube - Near Inifity Light - Part #1

Comment

• Dear Doc,

What a video for #100

Thank you for the efforts and patience.

Eric

Comment

• Near Infinite + Top off with solar =

You can bet that folks currently wishing they had lights would be all over that assuming they ever hear about it.

You can also bet that my ATTITUDE toward the way I live is changing as well. I am moving toward LED illumination and a less wasteful and more naturally harmonized lifestyle. I think the days of blatent excess may be drawing to a close. But I've been wrong before.

This is an awesome device and when I have the time, ummm take the time, I will put one, probably more, together as well. I have a desk lamp that runs on batteries and powers 6 LED's. I think I'll expand that a bit............

Great work Doc!

Best regards,
          Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Loki67671 View Post
            Near Infinite + Top off with solar =

You can bet that folks currently wishing they had lights would be all over that assuming they ever hear about it.

You can also bet that my ATTITUDE toward the way I live is changing as well. I am moving toward LED illumination and a less wasteful and more naturally harmonized lifestyle. I think the days of blatent excess may be drawing to a close. But I've been wrong before.

This is an awesome device and when I have the time, ummm take the time, I will put one, probably more, together as well. I have a desk lamp that runs on batteries and powers 6 LED's. I think I'll expand that a bit............

Great work Doc!

Best regards,
            Jim

@Jim

I have not ignored you last mail, it is in the queue on a computer in a different location, so it must wait a few more hours for me to answer your questions.

Anyway the paper on NILS is not long and it will be up in at least 24 hours.

Hey, you are not limited to 6 LED's, how quaint..... The number of LED's and the battery voltage are intertwined, you can not exceed a certain number for each supply voltage, but you can use less and last longer if so desired.

I figure that a 48 LED board per exciter is a fair trade? In your mud hut sitting on some old dung and two systems supplying light, a fellow may catch the first night time glimpse of his wife with her hair down.

Man I can only type so fast and keep up with the work load

Damn this new addition SA to the lab is NICE..........

Comment

• Whoever is sending local PM's

If you are trying to send me a PM via this forum, I don't read them and if I did I would not respond.

I accept email to my embarq account and if it has a 'Certificate' or a 'PGP' return public key I will be happy to try and answer the content.

I prefer 'PGP', at least for the present. The Escrow Backdoors in all 'Certificates' today remove the possibility I will tell you anything interesting.

Comment

• Getting Started

@All

I will not finish the paper today on NILS, but I have made available (Draft 0) at least it is enough to get you started. I hope to finish the paper tomorrow and it will close the question gap, yet you can build the circuit now and start timing.

For 6V use P-String 6 Leds and N-String 3 Leds.

Thanks

http://67.76.235.52/NILS/NILSD0.pdf

Comment

• Staggering towards good measurements...

I built the ladder filter and now the 5A meter barely moves a whisker when I power up the exciter with 18V. You can see it in picture #1, between the SEC18 board and the clip leads from the batteries. The small meter (with improvised shunt) is reading about ~50mA, but I don't really trust that reading. More definitive results will be forthcoming once I get new meters and some superbrite LEDs. Things are looking promising again.

Also in the picture is the old 1-wire board; attempts to desolder wires attached to the towers probably destroyed the transistor and so I decided to build another exciter with some sockets this time for the transistor and outbound wire connections. And a better design. It doesn't perform as well as the original, but I think I'm in the ballpark with it. It's attached to the back tower in the picture and a closeup is in picture #2.

Although you can't see it, the indicator LED on the unpowered exciter in that picture is lit, though quite dim. Switching power to the that exciter makes the indicator LED on the Dr.'s exciter flash at ~0.7 sec interval (and I'm pretty sure I know why). Also the transistors get warm, but not very hot.

So why this particular arrangement for the new exciter? Simple--the SEC18 is a solid performer and I wanted to go with a winner. Doc, I'm really surprised that nobody has attempted to replicate it yet (I promise to hold my tongue as far as component values go unless you say otherwise).
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                    I built the ladder filter and now the 5A meter barely moves a whisker when I power up the exciter with 18V. You can see it in picture #1, between the SEC18 board and the clip leads from the batteries. The small meter (with improvised shunt) is reading about ~50mA, but I don't really trust that reading. More definitive results will be forthcoming once I get new meters and some superbrite LEDs. Things are looking promising again.

Also in the picture is the old 1-wire board; attempts to desolder wires attached to the towers probably destroyed the transistor and so I decided to build another exciter with some sockets this time for the transistor and outbound wire connections. And a better design. It doesn't perform as well as the original, but I think I'm in the ballpark with it. It's attached to the back tower in the picture and a closeup is in picture #2.

Although you can't see it, the indicator LED on the unpowered exciter in that picture is lit, though quite dim. Switching power to the that exciter makes the indicator LED on the Dr.'s exciter flash at ~0.7 sec interval (and I'm pretty sure I know why). Also the transistors get warm, but not very hot.

So why this particular arrangement for the new exciter? Simple--the SEC18 is a solid performer and I wanted to go with a winner. Doc, I'm really surprised that nobody has attempted to replicate it yet (I promise to hold my tongue as far as component values go unless you say otherwise).
                    @Shamus

Funny the feedback I get on the 18-1. With the 15-3 It was either great or no feedback at all. The 18 is about even. Seems the people that have build from the start themselves love the coils for L1 and the newbies are more than happy with the varicap. Humm... I wonder how the results stack up from the big L1 coils and the varicaps

The circuit is under copyrights for third parties. If you have one yo can build all you want for yourself, but don't distribute to 3rd parties. I lost my tiny hiny on the 15-3's and do not want the same thing to happen here.

Comment

• Nodes

@ tecstatic - by nodes I mean places where the lattice appears to be open. By exciting different shapes, one gets the idea that shapes and geometries distribute the nodes differently.

In your video, parts of the fl tube that were lit made the led light, but other parts of the lit fluro did not light the led.

Perhaps we will understand enough soon to use different shapes to efficiently maximize the output.

Love and light
                      Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrStiffler View Post
                        @Jim

I have not ignored you last mail, it is in the queue on a computer in a different location, so it must wait a few more hours for me to answer your questions.

Anyway the paper on NILS is not long and it will be up in at least 24 hours.

Hey, you are not limited to 6 LED's, how quaint..... The number of LED's and the battery voltage are intertwined, you can not exceed a certain number for each supply voltage, but you can use less and last longer if so desired.

I figure that a 48 LED board per exciter is a fair trade? In your mud hut sitting on some old dung and two systems supplying light, a fellow may catch the first night time glimpse of his wife with her hair down.

Man I can only type so fast and keep up with the work load

Damn this new addition SA to the lab is NICE..........
                        @Doc,
                        Got it and thanks. Communicating through e-mail is still a very interesting task. But just what I was looking for. NOW, I was kind of thinking of a BAD-A** high tech cave.......... But a semi romantic evening basking in the LED glow at the vacation hut might be cool regardless of where it is....although for sure the dung is out............ The little lady just wont hear of it..........

I know you are working your butt off and busy as all HADES and I am once again jealous with the new SA.......SOMEDAY............

So the SR measurements on my coils will have a few columns just be sure I am thinking right. Of course to me a key note was in there......

@Eric,
                        Are you etching those printed pancakes or do you have a CNC router? We have some wireless transponders that use the exact same concept to charge up a cap, start up a micro-controller, transmit a response and then shut down. They have a 4 turn trace around the outside of the PCB that does the "pickup". Pretty cool actually.

Do you have the artwork available for others to make their own or hell I suppose I could just draw it up in the Eagle editor and generate it myself.
                        Cool work on all that light and the terminology. I agree that nomenclature is a good idea and I accept what you have proposed. Thanks.

@All,
                        A VERY talented crew of researchers we have here. Great job everybody.

Much more to follow,
                        Jim

Comment

• 1. At least for me, SEC15 is more powerful than 18. At least twice as much.

2. Trying to marry 15 and 18, pretty difficult so far...

ABC

Comment

• Adjustable led load

While trying in vain to tune my sec 15-3 with no adjustable coil (watching the mailbox eagerly), I was touching the 50 led board at various parts of the soldering at the back to try and get light, when three things occured to me.

1) I'm slow to put things together

2) attaching mass to occasional led solder joints (or horizontal metal fins perpendicular to the led board's face) will probably increase the energy Cohered by the board, thus requiring less input from the sec.

3) using rotary multiple contact switches

1 Pole Sealed PCB Rotary - Jaycar Electronics

I can have the avramenko plug diodes coming off a metal ball (that is directly excited by the 22uH coil from the Exciter, so the ball will have 3 widely spaced contacts - one from Exciter, 2 diodes) and into the led board on either end of the led string.

The rotary plugs contacts will be wired to taps on joins on the led board. Turning the switches will increase the lit LED's 4 at a time from the positive avramenko plug, and 2 at a time from the negative avramenko plug.

The led board will be split into 2 uneven banks.

The other (common) switch contact will go to a positive and negative pin to attach to an optional charge battery. There will be another switch between these contacts to bypass the charging option.

Based on my observations, this will be a far more effective and useful load for the sec.

And make getting the right number of LED's for charging different batteries, as well as adjusting the load for different source voltages MUCH easier.

Love and light
                            Last edited by Inquorate; 10-14-2009, 02:33 AM.
                            Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Great little light

Originally posted by Freezer
                              I still have to put together a 6v source, but this little light is great.
                              I'm sure people will get a lot of use out of these guys.
                              @Freezer
                              I put together a similar rig today using just three LEDs and a 3v source. The first thing that I did this morning was replicate Doc's 6v / 9 LED like in his video and I really like that one. I tried my two towers and they work on this set up very well if you want to use them--- one wire or pure wirless. My home brew SEC 15-3 works well just like the 18-1.
                              @All
                              The amp draw on this is unbelievable. I won't spoil the surprise but everyone will like what they see. It is not a self-runner but with a small solar panel and little help from Mr. Sun--- you are right there.

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                                @ tecstatic - by nodes I mean places where the lattice appears to be open. By exciting different shapes, one gets the idea that shapes and geometries distribute the nodes differently.

In your video, parts of the fl tube that were lit made the led light, but other parts of the lit fluro did not light the led.

Perhaps we will understand enough soon to use different shapes to efficiently maximize the output.

Love and light
                                As I have seen it, the sniffer LED intensity is a function of the distance between the sniffer and a sphere.

I think it confuses, because trying to use one hand holding the camera right, and with the other hand positioning the sniffer right and the led pointing at the camera while not tilting the loosely suspended CFL, not that easy.

And yes, we have more to study. IMO the sniffer can not measure with that granularity. If not guided otherwise, I think ve need a new setup with slide-able blocks and trial and error to optimize output.

The latest finding of the SECRPT can amplify the individual masses for better output.
                                If this is a blind track or the way to go, I can't say, but I will try it out somehow, and invite other to try as well. Remember Doc's old video with the aluminum blocks next to each other, and separated by cardboard.

Maybe this could end up being SGate version 2.
                                Other opinions ?

"attaching mass to occasional led solder joints (or horizontal metal fins perpendicular to the led board's face) will probably increase the energy Cohered by the board, thus requiring less input from the sec."

Please post a picture if you succeed with this.

Originally posted by Loki67671 View Post
                                @Eric,
                                Are you etching those printed pancakes or do you have a CNC router? We have some wireless transponders that use the exact same concept to charge up a cap, start up a micro-controller, transmit a response and then shut down. They have a 4 turn trace around the outside of the PCB that does the "pickup". Pretty cool actually.

Do you have the artwork available for others to make their own or hell I suppose I could just draw it up in the Eagle editor and generate it myself.
                                Cool work on all that light and the terminology. I agree that nomenclature is a good idea and I accept what you have proposed. Thanks.
                                I have just fixed a leak in my etch tank and etched some more coils, I can make a set of layouts for you. You are the first to ask for these coils actually.

For tuning I use a 5-35pF variable cap parallel with 22pF
                                L1 3.4uH ordinary coil (sewing machine form)
                                L2 is 21 spiral windings approx 8.2 uH
                                L3 is 34 spiral windings approx. 26.8 uH

OT
                                Jim, I have seen a transponder consisting of a small coil like the L1 on SEC18 and an ATTiny85 uContoller, thats it - just 2 components. No PCB, the coil is soldered directly to the IC pins.

The luxury version have an additional decoupling capacitor for better range. It is published on the net with complete documentation and program.

@Doc
                                I am very thankful for your gifts to us all. I fully understand your investment of time and money, so I do not want to publish my cube exciter without your permission.

If it is OK with you I will make a layout with the necessary stuff for making a SEC cube with the optimal coils according to my findings.

If not I will limit the set to L2 and L3.

@Jim
                                No need for you to waste time remaking a working layout, better use the time for new experiments and findings

By the way a small 9V battery fits inside the 50mm cube, and with the new layout there is a spare cube side which could be occupied by LEDs and NILS circuit....

I have just etched two more cube exiters

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X