Method of Battery Charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Method of Battery Charging

Hi folks, I've been running some tests with my motor thats almost like Hugh Piggotts axial windmill generator and using it as a generator to test a method of charging battery cells and I am wondering, why are we not charging cells individually as in breaking up the 6 cells of a 12 volt lead acid or just using the already made 2 volt lead acid that are sold. What I am seeing is that as others on the net have pointed out is that instead of destroying 12volts by charging 6 2 volt cells in series which is just like counter emf and then after that 12v is exceeded current flows. instead we charge cells in parallel and the generator is free to provide a cascade of amperage at that lower voltage and a lower speed enabling a faster charge time for the same mechanical input to the generator. Not to mention we can now gear down a motor to spin the generator since we need a much lower speed due to lower voltage demands and thus operating the drive motor at its most efficient rpm. And charging cells in parallel we avoid heat losses, etc. let me know what you folks think

peace, love, light

hi folks, ok then at least let me know if anyone has tried to charge individual cells in parallel and i dont mean 12v lead acid batteries in parallel. because right now im charging aa nimh cells off a wall transformer (wall wart) and the cells are not changing temperature at all and if they are its not noticeable to touch and theyre charging very quickly. I see this as very useful, if you do as well let me know.

peace, love, light

Comment

HI,
      charging with wich Circuit?
      When i do with my Bedini it takes more Amps away slows the Rotor down but spread the available Amps between the charging Cells.
      Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

How I charge with solar..

My focus has been on getting my batteries conditioned so what I do is take 2 large batteries that are good and hook them up to my solar charger, then when they are charged I rotate another so they can get charged then I take the ones now charged and then use them with solid state to condition another battery. I normally loose about 80% of the energy in conditioning another battery, but gradually the next battery improves in the amount of charge it can receive and the amp hours slowly improve.

The advantage of this method is that I don't have to worry about clouds the battery is fully charged and I can set a time limit for when I need to pull it off.

I normally check the batterys only one or twice a day.
        See my experiments here...
        http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Hi folks, thanks for replies. I'm not speaking about bedini flyback(radiant) charging although you could use it as a test bed if you use capacitor discharge or not, not sure. I noticed in a clip with bedini that he might have been showing a similar idea with his home made cell he was charging to show a 1 to 1 charging with practically no loss at all meaning he was getting exactly back out what he put into the cell which is not possible charging a battery of 6 - 2 volt lead acid cells, im not including radiant charging in this example. Yes Joit your rotor will slow as does the generator i spin to charge individual cells in parallel but im only having to overcome 1.2v to enable charging of the parallel bank so my rpm can be slow however we then have a cascade of amperage to charge the cells and this fast charges the cells far quicker than if they were wired in series and with no noticeable heat at all. The only circuit of importance that im speaking of is charging parallel individual cells, whatever source you use to charge these is up to you. i hope that explains the thinking better.

peace, love, light

Comment

Won't attaching battery in parallel will make them charging each other ? I think you need to use diode for each battery.

I agree with the idea though. It is better to split amp instead of voltage when recharging battery.

Comment

hi sucahyo, just in case your misunderstanding, this charging method im speaking of involves no cells in series which is how most batteries are designed to be charged, even the 4aa chargers it seems charge 4 in series/parallel. the idea is that instead of fighting against the voltage of a higher voltage battery we break it down into its individual cells and charge them in parallel which now allows whatever power supply were using to supply higher amps at lower voltage with the same overall wattage input yet with this method we will get a faster charging rate and almost no losses at the battery bank. hope that helps others see my thinking on this because i do believe this simple idea has a high practical value.

peace, love, light

Comment

Working...
              X