Tesla's Stout copper bars "Hairpin Circuit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla's Stout copper bars "Hairpin Circuit"

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Thought you might be interested in one of my Tesla projects I have been working on this year. This is what I call the "Tesla's Hairpin Circuit" He only reefers to it as the “Two Stout Copper Bars” not very elegant name so I prefer “the Hairpin”...hope that Tesla does not role over in his grave over this name.

I think that a video will best enplane this one. After all a picture is worth a thousand words...and I hate typing!

YouTube - Tesla Radiant Energy

The main parts are;

Coper bars 3/8 x 4 ft long, I used 10 KV Transformer and a home made spark gap.

Hope you all enjoy,

Karl
    Attached Files

@ carl

That was really cool. I was super surprised you weren't electrocuted. You said that was just a 'regular' 10000 volt step up converter operating off grid supply? Is the spark gap quenched in any way? I couldn't see too clearly, watch these movies on my phone, but did you put direct short before the lights or only after them? Tesla's are on the base but yours were on the top.

Why weren't you electrocuted? I've had nasty shocks from even c2000v from imhotep ignition coil oscillator using quenched spark gap...
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Hi Karl. Great setup you have there Thank you for sharing.
      Why weren't you electrocuted? I've had nasty shocks from even c2000v from imhotep ignition coil oscillator using quenched spark gap...
      I would also like to know that
      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Excellent!

Karl,

Thanks for posting the YouTube film. It's great to see some of your work.

Jetijs and Inquorate,

As for why Karl was not electrocuted, there are a number of reasons. First, he's immortal! Second, he knows that Tesla discovered that the body presents a circuit of this type more of a capacitor than a resistor, so the energy just flows through. Electrocution is only a problem when your body presents the opportunity for a significant "voltage drop" to the system. But, in this system, already in a "short circuit" condition, the body presents a very high impedance so no energy can be "dissipated" in the body.

But like Karl says, don't try this with ordinary electric power.

Inquorate,

TWO Solipsists! Very funny!

Peter
        Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
        Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
        Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

Great work and demo video Karl

Thanks for sharing

Luc

Comment

Karl, Thanks for sharing, this is amazing.

What Caps did you use?

Comment

Could you post a schematic of your circuit ? I see only one problem, spark gap producing a lot of RF, which others were happily used to disprove your results.That's why Tesla used transformer powered by high frequency generator. No RF, no problems. On copper rods should be more then one stationary wave peak, maybe the second is far higher and shunt must be moved up.RF complicates all results.

Comment

Traveling

I am traveling for the next few weeks. Sorry, I will respond to your questions in a few weeks. The schematics are in my first posting as an attachment.

I used door knob caps that are rated at 40KV and I think that they are .2 nF that should be .002 uF I think. I will confirm that when I get back. You don;t need that exact cap...just use a cap rated for at least that voltage or higher, and don't use an excessively large cap. I lucked out, as they were the only caps that I had that would handle the voltage I needed. Tesla did not use a cap he made one....! look at his figure....they are just two flat plates I estimate about 2 to 3 inches wide by 4 ish inches long spaced apart with isolators maybe about 1/2 inch maybe 2/4 inch make sure it is bigger than the spark gap in total with both caps adding up to a bigger cap then the spark gap...if you do this you better make sure that there is no arching in that air cap or use a insulate like glass or something....or you might not be that comfortable touching the rods and not report the same results I have had. If you use this home made cap you will be able to adjust the gap to get the results you need.

Tesla is very clear in his description of the circuit, and you can find that in inventions, Researches and Writings or Nikola Tesla (page 192,339,and several other places), and also in Nikola Tesla Lectures (Page 81,197) along with many other wrights of Tesla. I found I got the most out of Tesla after reading Cold war Technologies and lost Science (I think you should read them first).

I used a oil furnace ignition coil rated for 10 KV.

I use carbon welding rods for the spark electrodes...I cut, drill and tap them so they screw onto the bolts I use for adjustments...I also use Tungsten rods...when I chose...what ever I have available.

I have allot to talk about when it comes to the different types of sparks that are generated while doing different types of setups...and I find that the most interesting. That will have to wate, till I get back. the sparks vary in color and property so much that I think that this is the most inserting part of this machine. Some sparks are cold, some will light paper easy others will not burn paper at all. Some sparks will make just make the paper disappear like magic. Some don;t heart to touch others bit like a snake....lol..so be careful.

Karl
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Karl_Palsness; 01-08-2009, 02:06 PM. Reason: Added Attachment

Comment

water bulb

Hear is another video, hope you like it.

YouTube - Bulb in water

This again is the Hairpin operating on 10 000 V that I stepped up from 120V using a furnace ignition transformer. The spark gap in this setup is quenched with magnets unlike the the last time it was not quenched. Again, I used my hands to direct short out the bulb. Last time I used a test lead also, but I was filming with one had so it would be too hard to short out the bulb with a test lead although, it would still shine bright.

The point of this video is to show that regular TAP water does not short out the energy going to the bulb. The Longitudinal wave does not see the water as a path to follow. The bulbs are 120V 100 and 60 Watt Halogens.

This HAIRPIN circuit of Tesla's is a very important learning tool to understanding radiant energy. Tesla presented it in almost every lecture he gave for a reason. I have done lots of tests with this device and can only show you a very small percent of them as I am not in the video business.

What is interesting is that the energy seems to flow into the circuit from the bulb...not the energy going into the bulb. So the energy is an outflow. Flowing out of the bulb...as if the bulb was a battery. The longitudinal wave creates a node across the bulb, making a potential across the bulb. Finding a bulb with the right inpendence is the secret.

Thought you might like this video

Karl
                  Last edited by Karl_Palsness; 02-27-2009, 07:09 AM.

Comment

I get:

This video has been removed because it is too long. Regular YouTube videos must be 10 minutes or less.

Comment

I am constructing this apparatus over the weekend possibly even to use later this year in a science fair. I want to make as many things variable so that I can best experiment with this however I don't want to make something variable that doesn't influence effects. Would you be able to tell me what of the following has some sort of influence on the effects produced;
                      Copper Bar Length
                      Spark Gap Length
                      Capacitance(C and C1 as per Tesla's lecture)

Tesla states "These results, as I have pointed out previously, should not be considered to be due exactly to frequency but rather to the time rate of change which may be great, even with low frequencies." so I'd say a variac would be a good component to use however I'll just use a simple variable 555 timer circuit driving an ignition coil for the transformer in this circuit.

Also is there anything more you'd suggest I look at? Oh and by the way, awesome reconstruction. I did see this a little while ago and was quiet impressed.
                      Last edited by Raui; 02-27-2009, 05:07 AM.
                      Scribd account; http://www.scribd.com/raui

Comment

Got You tube to load now...

YouTube - Bulb in water

Raui,

From what I have learned so far is is solid copper is best, but coper tubes will also work good. I have tried steal rods, aluminum rods and coper tubes as well and also mixed them. They all work...but I like the copper solid rods best but the coper tubes also work. Personally if I was going to do it again the aluminum rods are very close to the copper rods.

The biggest variable is the spark gap ... that is where it all happens. I have used air quench and magnetic and heat. I like the magnetic best. You also need a way to adjust the gap when running...so think about that....Tesla's way is best. I use a long wooden screwdriver to adjust mine...but I can not recommend that to you...

you don't need very long bars .... 2 feet tall will work just nice mine are 4 ft tall.

I have not tried to change the caps yet....so I don;t know what different sizes will do..but mine are 40 KV .002 uF I think.

I would make them just like Tesla did with to flat plates spaced apart ... and maybe use glass or Plexiglas to make sure it does not jump the gap.

You need a good transformer. I think that I would not use any less then 7 KV I think that 20 would be better, but don't use more than the caps are rated for...

Make your stand steady...you don't want anything to move and you need good stable connections. This is high voltage so you need to make is safe. This stuff can relay hurt you. So dubble check everything. Have someone there when you use it just in case you have an awakening moment.

Standard bulbs will not last so use Halogen bulbs. They will last a very long time.

Good luck

Karl
                        Last edited by Karl_Palsness; 02-27-2009, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl_Palsness View Post
                          Hear is another video, hope you like it.

YouTube - Bulb in water

This again is the Hairpin operating on 10 000 V that I stepped up from 120V using a furnace ignition transformer. The spark gap in this setup is quenched with magnets unlike the the last time it was not quenched. Again, I used my hands to direct short out the bulb. Last time I used a test lead also, but I was filming with one had so it would be too hard to short out the bulb with a test lead although, it would still shine bright.

The point of this video is to show that regular TAP water does not short out the energy going to the bulb. The Longitudinal wave does not see the water as a path to follow. The bulbs are 120V 100 and 60 Watt Halogens.

This HAIRPIN circuit of Tesla's is a very important learning tool to understanding radiant energy. Tesla presented it in almost every lecture he gave for a reason. I have done lots of tests with this device and can only show you a very small percent of them as I am not in the video business.

What is interesting is that the energy seems to flow into the circuit from the bulb...not the energy going into the bulb. So the energy is an outflow. Flowing out of the bulb...as if the bulb was a battery. The longitudinal wave creates a node across the bulb, making a potential across the bulb. Finding a bulb with the right inpendence is the secret.

Thought you might like this video

Karl
                          Please keep posting your experiments,
                          you are doing a great job.

I too believe the energy is NOT flowing as one would expect it to flow to light the bulb.
                          I too believe the bulb is lit due to forces outside of the bulb and outside of the circuit.

Energy in the circuit indirectly, but not directly, allows energy from outside the bulb to light it.

Hot electricity is expanding, an outward force.
                          Cold electricity is contracting, an inward force.

by intuition only
                          Randy
                          Remember to be kind to your mind ...
                          Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

Thank you very much for that Karl as I am fairly young and don't have a lot of income to throw away (16 and getting paid $70-140AUD a month) doesn't help my situation especially since there is not alot of places close by I can go for things like capacitors. I might try and make my own capacitors similar to what Tesla patented which are variable I'll post everything when its all done.

Many thanks.
                            Scribd account; http://www.scribd.com/raui

Comment

Tesla Hairpin Circuit at AECP 2009

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your presentation of this circuit last weekend and taking the time to answer questions in Waldorf MD. It was amazing to see how a regular spark can change when you added that shunt on top. I've been going through all the Tesla papers I have collected and seeing them in a new light. I also found the directions for how to encase coils in wax. Thanks again...

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X