"But ye shall receive power..."
    Acts 1:8

Comment

Me too!

Al.
      Antiquer

Comment

Hello all.

I'm not here to tell you not to join any organization of your choice, but before you do, you may want to find out who those people are.

Now the first hint I noticed was when it said that we want to "curb global warming", and the second was a sponsor named Al Gore.

Now dont get me wrong, I'm all for a clean planet and respecting its resources, but global warming from my 64 years of experience, has all to do with the relationship of our sun, and the sun is going to do what it has done for millenia, and the result being that this earth has and will forever reflect what our sun has in store for us.

What I'm trying to say is, that this organizing seems political in nature, so watch out when you get an invitation to a hay ride, you may want to find out who is the driver, and where his he going to take you, before you jump in.

Btw I been lurking here for some time reading all your endavours and contributions to a better world, for us and our children, and applaud you for seeking knowledge when others may ridule. Keep up the good work and maybe we will find what has been lost to us, due to greed and political interference.

Sincerly

Von

Comment

Wpage and Antiquer!!

Von,

I've been into being GREEN way before global warming was a concern.

Yes THIS IS POLITICAL. The WHOLE POINT of this event is to influence our politicians, whoever they are. We are telling them WE CARE about this issue and we are not going to shut up until they respond.

"Congress is currently deciding whether to fund the Green Jobs Act of 2007, an important program that could invest millions of dollars in green-collar job creation and training. This bill is an important first step, but only a small part of what is needed in order to put America to work reducing global warming pollution and building a new green economy.

We need to send a loud and clear message right now to Congress and the next president to build the political momentum necessary to pass bold legislation for green-collar jobs in the first 100 days of the next presidency in early 2009."

(Besides which I'm a big Gore fan. Anyone who is trying to repair our economy with green jobs is awesome in my book.)

Check out the local event here. I don't know if I'll make it to everything but what fun :

9AM to 9:30AM
          - Breakfast & fire up at E. Liberty Pres
          9:30AM to 10AM
          - Transportation to sites
          10AM to 12:30PM = Educational programming at all three project sites
          - Bioenergy harvest, biofuel production workshop, home energy demo, BBQ, etc. at Larimer
          - Food harvest, garden tours, and urban ag/nutritional workshops, etc. at Healcrest
          - Educational tabling and workshops, I am Ready petitioning at the E. Liberty Church
          - Spoken word, music & D.J.’s, theater, and movies & multi-media at the Kelly Strayhorn
          12:30PM to 1:30PM
          - Lunch/refreshments at all sites
          1:30PM to 2:00PM
          - Travel from Larimer & Garfield to E. Liberty site
          - Prep of E. Liberty rally & press conference area
          2:00PM to 2:30PM
          - Formal call to order of community rally
          - Inspirational speakers & performances
          2:30PM to 3:30PM: Press conference featuring speeches by politicians and decision makers
          3:30PM to 4PM
          - “I’m Ready” portrait and signing with Politicians
          6PM to ???
          - Party at Shadow Lounge

YAY EARTH! Jessica
          Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

Comment

Von,

Here's the "drivers" I'm worried about :

YouTube - Special Interests

Jessica

Comment

Wow for how little publicity the planning of these events seemed to have, there sure were a ton of them.

That makes me really happy. I'm so proud to wear the t-shirt I got saying "Green Jobs Now." I'm going to see if I can get a bumper sticker that says that.

Here's the page with the pictures. There still seems to be new ones being added all the time.

Flickr: greenjobsnow's Photostream

Here's one I was in. I'm on the far right :

GreenJobsNow Pittsburgh event on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

XO Jessica

Comment

PS you can do a search for your city to see if they had an event.

Comment

Working...
                X