A CUNNING PLAN..... hho spiking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A CUNNING PLAN..... hho spiking.

while pressure testing my hho cell case i reach 200psi with no bulging warpage nothing! when i released the pressure by opening my flow gauge wide open it took some 35-45 seconds to return to my normal flow of 3.5 lpm. so i ran another test shutting the valve i built pressure 100psi and set the flow level to 14 lpm again i maintained that flow level for 25 seconds..... my mind has been mulling this over and i'm now thinking what effect would this "spiked" hho gas flow have on my engines performance when matched with proper ignition timing? i have just rebuilt my engine to a very high standard to suit a performance application and up until now i've been using hho to run it on lower grade fuels and maintain good performance and ecconomy. my question is would this higher gas flow have a similar effect to nitrous when matched with the right tuning? i understand i would need a different fuel curve while i run at the higher hho flow level which would then return to normal settings once flow dropped below 'spiked' levels. what do you think is this plan flawed can you add to it? while i'm waiting for your replys i'll get to bolting my new engine in and tapping my inlet manifold for hho jets

good thinking, i'm not sure about how much extra power you will get.
    all NOS does is oxadise the fuel allowing for better burn.
    HHO will be fighting for that oxygen too.
    also because is would be easy to put too much HHO into a cylinder (esp at that pressure) you could run the risk of going from internal combustion to spontainious combustion.

Comment

if it doesn't work i still have a 2.5 litre car that can get me to work cheaper and faster than public transport. oh and run extremely clean my tuner is still a bit uneasy with my air fuel readings, not because it runs funny more to do with the fact it doesn't. needless to say now i've got the basics nailed down its time to have some fun with it.

Comment

good luck, i'll keep an eye on 3 news for ya.
        just make sure you mention meyers in your interview.

Comment

Originally posted by triumphdave View Post
          while pressure testing my hho cell case i reach 200psi with no bulging warpage nothing! when i released the pressure by opening my flow gauge wide open it took some 35-45 seconds to return to my normal flow of 3.5 lpm. so i ran another test shutting the valve i built pressure 100psi and set the flow level to 14 lpm again i maintained that flow level for 25 seconds..... my mind has been mulling this over and i'm now thinking what effect would this "spiked" hho gas flow have on my engines performance when matched with proper ignition timing? i have just rebuilt my engine to a very high standard to suit a performance application and up until now i've been using hho to run it on lower grade fuels and maintain good performance and ecconomy. my question is would this higher gas flow have a similar effect to nitrous when matched with the right tuning? i understand i would need a different fuel curve while i run at the higher hho flow level which would then return to normal settings once flow dropped below 'spiked' levels. what do you think is this plan flawed can you add to it? while i'm waiting for your replys i'll get to bolting my new engine in and tapping my inlet manifold for hho jets
          Hi Dave;

Holy Mackerel! What I'm mulling over is how did you get that kind of lpm out of your cell. Did you get the pwm hooked up, etc.? How's the amps doing? Looks like you solved a lot of problems in a short time.

Also, be really careful with that much HHO or, as Dynamite mentioned, you might make the news as the first guy on the moon without a spacesuit! LOL!

Al.
          Antiquer

Comment

ferrite rods

can anyone tell me where i can buy ferrite rods

Comment

35 amps at 3.5 lpm just on dc at moment i have a fair amount of reserve in my alternator so can milk it a bit. i just have a ball valve to shut the cell and a flow meter after that so i can set a flow rate there's also a 300psi gauge on the case itself it has a burst panel as well in case of ignition of gasses in the cell. if it went bang i'd probably be deafened but not hurt (i hope) so it's nothing exotic its just able to store a volume of gas and bleed it off at a higher rate than produced for a short time before returning to normal levels of flow. if i get a decent boost from it i might consider a second cell and charge them both to 80psi fed thru a solinoid with button to open it up on the dash or something. i'll keep you all posted as it develops. please if anyone can see how this would end in disaster (like a mushroom cloud rising from where me and car was) post it now i have several bubblers hooked up but it still could turn to custard i'm hoping more for very rapid forward motion though.

Comment

Mr saftey says DANGER !!!

You are experimenting with an oxidized fuel, it is ready in a very small quantity to just go bang on its own, when you add pressure to the equation you have the potential of a really big problem.

Personally I would never store this gas in the oxidized state, I use it as soon as it is made, some engine types ignite the fuel by using pressure and heat, all it takes is a small hot spot in your connections, a small arc, a small leak, all of the "bubblers" you can fit under hood would not help much with those conditions.
                Wanna know the future? GOD Wins !!

Comment

hho cell output

Hey, Dave
                  I have just finished installing my 9th prototype hho cell. So far I have not succeeded in getting more than 800 cc/min from any cell. How are you doing it? Would you mind sharing design specifics? Plates? Spirals? PWMs?
                  Thanks
                  Sam

Comment

Explosive gas...

Yeah, be very careful Dave...
                    Your hydroxy generator is putting out what is called a stoichometric mixture, meaning all components are present in the right proportions for the reaction to go to completion. My brother is an explosives expert, Army Ranger, etc. He filled a 500cc water bottle with hho, attached a fuse and said it blew up like an M80. A few days later he was testing a flame arrestor and it failed, meaning he exploded only the gas in his bubbler at atmospheric pressure(maybe 15 psi+-) and it was so loud he lost his hearing for an hour. He said it was like standing next to a military sniper rifle muzzle.
                    If you make it to 150 psi you will have approx 10 X that dose. I think your generator would turn into shrapnel. Just be very careful! I'm not sure there are any circumstances in the commercial world where reagents like H2 & O2 are mixed, compressed and made available for use. Not even on rockets...

Be careful, amigo!

Comment

Working...
                    X