• Computer Fan SSG My Implementation

Parts information

Schematic

Coil Details

Close-up of coils

Closeup of circuit

3 Full fans with Parallel outputs

Fans running with current draw and output voltages

This is the link to the video showing the fast charging rate. See the excitement coming!!

YouTube - Bendini SSG **~Imhotep~** Adaptation
    Last edited by **~Imhotep~**; 05-15-2008, 12:03 AM.
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”

Nikola Tesla

http://www.imhotepslab.com

Thanks and good job man!

I've been struggling with this fan for awhile now ,,, was going to move back to my regular SSG. till i found this ,, gotts me motivated!

Comment

hi
      good picture
      did u use other coil than the one in the fan
      please advice
      Thanks

Comment

I see 4 trasistor but the diagram is for one trasistor

Thanks

Comment

Used the original coil, which had three posts originally. One of the post had 2 wires together on them. Carefully separate the two wires and take a clipping of a resister or a thin stiff piece of wire off any component and insert it into the 4th position on the bottom of the plastic rotor. Carefully twist the other wire that you separated and solder. Remember this is after you removed the original circuit board. And all your left with is the plastic rotor with the 3 posts with wires on it after adding the 4th stiff piece of wire take the second wire you separated and solder it to the 4th position. Ive did a dozen of these and all of them were different, but you CAN use the original coils without having to rewind them. When your done with the rotor, look at the coils and 2 of the wires will come from the inside from the starting wrap of the coil and 2 of them will be on the outside of the wrap. The inside wraps are the negative side of the coils. The 2 outside are the positive ends of the coils. Check with a ohm meter and you will get continuity across 2 of the posts that will be one set of windings then you will get continuity across the other 2 if you did them correctly and that will be your other set of coils.

There is only one transistor on this circuit per fan. I used three fans and took the output diodes and hooked them together to get a super fast recharge, if you watch the youtube video thats why it charged so fast. Which was a 12 volt sealed lead acid battery.

This is the cheapest quickest way to see what bendini is talking about. He is a genious.
          “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”

Nikola Tesla

Comment

Very very VERY COOL! Thank you for posting this!

Comment

Wahoo!

Well two fans, wired up, fired up and good to go!
              I re wrapped my fans with some fine wire (hair-like thickness) don't know the size
              sense i scraped most of my supplies from motors and tv's ,,,, you name it ill scrap it for parts ,, anyways both fans have 10ohm readings on em ,, had my wires reversed on my circuit ,, took awhile to figure that out ,,,anyways got'em going thanks for the info ......

I think we could use a SSG- troubleshooting , tips and tricks section for us newbies eh!!!

I would say resistance to the base and also wires reversed to the circuit has keep me up too long at nite trying to figure out why it don't work.

For those still struggling-
              I've found resistance around 45ohms -50ish-ohms and it will work
              and pay attention to your wires from the coils when wiring the circuit (If it don't work, try reversing them)

Keep up the Fire!
              Last edited by Z-Man; 05-17-2008, 08:37 AM.

Comment

glad to hear you got them going! i will be posting more results and a step by step how-to soon. never give up

Nikola Tesla

Comment

Im posting here for people that need a fan to work with,
                  I get alot of messages about fan and where to get them so here they are thank to inhotep!

Comment

Originally posted by **~Imhotep~** View Post
                    glad to hear you got them going! i will be posting more results and a step by step how-to soon. never give up
                    Can you drive modified cfl`s with this fan setup?

Comment

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
                      Can you drive modified cfl`s with this fan setup?
                      yes
                      YouTube - Singlewire lightbulb Singlewire charging

Comment

Imhotep-Bedini-Fan charger

I tried to build the Imhotep-Bedini Setup.
                        I tried to spin the fan but it isn't spinning. I used 9 volt non-rechargable batteries
                        Plz help me
                        Do I have to keep the original circuit board or remove it from the stator.
                        Instead of ecg125 I am using 1N4007 diodes.
                        The fan had originally 2 wires going to it.
                        So where is the problem.
                        Imhotep Plz I need your help.
                        Last edited by 360smokers; 02-14-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 360smokers View Post
                          I tried to build the Imhotep-Bedini Setup.
                          I tried to spin the fan but it isn't spinning. I used 9 volt non-rechargable batteries
                          Plz help me
                          Do I have to keep the original circuit board or remove it from the stator.
                          Instead of ecg125 I am using 1N4007 diodes.
                          The fan had originally 2 wires going to it.
                          So where is the problem.
                          Imhotep Plz I need your help.
                          I don't think all computer fans are the same. Also, for me, the problem is that everything is so tiny. Are you sure you would not be better off with a traditional SG?

Comment

fan charging again

I am a big fan of the fan chargers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L15AmIF0r6M&t=253s

and have been busy buying a 24 volt 0.6 amp fan...Yes I got to take it to bits to see if its the right one, and then buy LOADS of them to play with.......

I have other editions to the set up... which involve connects to the ground with potential difference metals, zinc and copper. one for the primary battery and one for the charge battery.

fun fun fun,,,,
                            Attached Files

Comment

Did I do good?

Originally posted by **~Imhotep~** View Post

Parts information

Schematic

Coil Details

Close-up of coils

Closeup of circuit

3 Full fans with Parallel outputs

Fans running with current draw and output voltages

This is the link to the video showing the fast charging rate. See the excitement coming!!

YouTube - Bendini SSG **~Imhotep~** Adaptation
                              Hey Imhotep I truly appreciate this design and am still playing with it.

Here is a link
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nroBcB-42aU

:P Thanks again...

Comment

Working...
                              X