Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHO Boosters on Flex Fuel Vehicles

Hello,

I am still doing research before I jump right in. I have a Flex Fuel E85 Minivan

I am curious as to whether or not I would need an O2 sensor modification component (efie) for the Flex Fuel vehicle.

I read some where that it should be able to adjust automatically? I would prefer the forum's input before jumping at a random post on some group.

Would Acetone/Xylol supplement to the fuel be recommended along with using the booster?

Also, In some literature that I read about the Archies Blue it showed an air bubbler forcing air to the bottom thus bringing the gas out more evenly/quicker from the plates. I further read that the air being forced in will contaminate the KOH? What is the purpose then? Unless another type of electrolyte were being used? The article did not mention another type. It seemed a little confusing.

Thank You.
    Buddy Lee

Originally posted by BuddyLee View Post
    Hello,

I am still doing research before I jump right in. I have a Flex Fuel E85 Minivan

I am curious as to whether or not I would need an O2 sensor modification component (efie) for the Flex Fuel vehicle.

I read some where that it should be able to adjust automatically? I would prefer the forum's input before jumping at a random post on some group.

Would Acetone/Xylol supplement to the fuel be recommended along with using the booster?

Also, In some literature that I read about the Archies Blue it showed an air bubbler forcing air to the bottom thus bringing the gas out more evenly/quicker from the plates. I further read that the air being forced in will contaminate the KOH? What is the purpose then? Unless another type of electrolyte were being used? The article did not mention another type. It seemed a little confusing.

Thank You.
    This is something that needs to be tried out. It has come up before but there is no one I know of that has tried it. The bootom line is you can install a booster, and run a scangauge with it on and then with it off. You can tell by the fuel used on a pre determined distance with it on and off. Either the ECU in the vehicle will adjust automatically or it won't. But it won't hurt anything to try it.
    Im thinking if you ran regular gasoline and an HHO Booster it "Might" adjust and you may see an increase in mileage. Basically the E85 is 110 octane and the ECU makes that adjustment automatically when you switch between fuels. But Im not really sure if it will adjust the fuel map to "Improve Mileage" or just to run properly with the high octane fuel...

So give it a shot and share your findings with us....

RedMeanie
    (psst...Don't Tell Anyone, But I'm Really Not Mean!)

Comment

I put together a Power tube fuel-cell for my Flex Fuel van 2002 Dodge Caravan.

I ran the tube for 39 miles using baking soda and distilled water.

Direct wired to the battery used with a bubbler. No PWM or Efie

After about 1 mile the check engine light came on. I continued on, traffic was morning commute traffic it was freeway rush hour, stop go in places 25 to 40 mph in others 70 in other areas.

Typical mileage is about 21.4 without the booster. Obviously not scientific in any way and the extra mileage could have come from a good tail wind. But promising none the less.

When I arrived 50 mins of travel the gas production was major. some water from the bubbler had made it out to the line to the filter. I imagine I was boiling electrolite for a little bit. I did not really take a lot of time measuring and bench testing electrolite levels. With the unit assembled I can make modifications to is as I go.

Mleage after adding booster was 24.3 MPH.

I used the fuel On Board fuel mileage calculator to determine results.

I removed Negative cable and replaced it to reset the check engine light.

I am making a Smaks booster for my 2004 Silverado and expect I will be adding a PWM, Efie, Caustic Potash for electrolite to hopefully squeeze a little extra out of each gallon.

The smaks booster will take a little longer to build as I want to get it conditioned right before placing it in the vehicle.

Probably would have been easier just to purchase one that had been assembled but it is a nice project to work on.

I was able to get the wall plates, the PVC, elbows, tubing Drill Bits taps, at Lowes.

Tru Value hardware had a good selection of SS washers, nuts and bolts, Tool Dip, as well as a lot of nylon barbs etc. (Probably could have got plates and PVC here but went to Lowes first)

I went to grainger for the 5/16ths threaded nylon tube, 4 ft for a little less than 11.00 dollars. I seen it on the web somewhere for 2 ft peice for 9.00 with shipping. Could have ordered SS stuff but they sell in bulk (by the box)

I found some SS large forks at a thrift store.

I will keep this group updated as I get time to put things together.
      Buddy Lee

Comment

Working...
      X