HHO Booster Left ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHO Booster Left ON

I have it on a switch and accidentally left it on overnight. This morning my battery was dead (go figure!).

What do I need to do so when I start my truck everything will be ok? Just let it air out for a day or so?

Thanks,
    MO

Originally posted by MoHHO View Post
    I have it on a switch and accidentally left it on overnight. This morning my battery was dead (go figure!).

What do I need to do so when I start my truck everything will be ok? Just let it air out for a day or so?

Thanks,
    MO
    Mo,
    First off you need to do away with the switch and go buy you a Relay like this one:12V SPDT 30 AMP AUTOMOTIVE RELAY | AllElectronics.com

They also sell a Relay socket:
    SOCKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE RELAY | AllElectronics.com

Wire the relay by putting a Fuse spade tap into the fuse slot for your fuel pump.
    This will make it where it only is on when your key is turned to the run position.

This is the only "Safe" way to wire it.

As far as your booster goes just rinse it clean on the inside and you will be back to normal.

RedMeanie
    (psst...Don't Tell Anyone, But I'm Really Not Mean!)

Comment

Holy moly I just went to PepBoys and spend $10 for the same relay that cost $2.40 there! Ohh well, when you add in the shipping it'll be about the same.

I'm an electrician but when it comes to automotive wiring I'm lost. Wouldn't there already be a fuse for the fuel pump? If so, how would I use the spade tap with that? Wire in an inline fuse and tap off of that to the relay?

Comment

Holy moly I just went to PepBoys and spend $10 for the same relay that cost $2.40 there! Ohh well, when you add in the shipping it'll be about the same.

I'm an electrician but when it comes to automotive wiring I'm lost. Wouldn't there already be a fuse for the fuel pump? If so, how would I use the spade tap with that? Wire in an inline fuse and tap off of that to the relay?
        Im talking about a tap that you pull the fuse out and this "Tap" slides over the fuse blade then you re-insert the fuse. Radio Shack carries them if you want an easy to find source.

RedMeanie

Comment

I am having a tough time trying to figure out how to wire up this relay. Here's a link to the wiring schematic: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...g?t=1210722490

I also want to keep it wired in with my switch. I've already got the thing mounted in my dash, even if I never use it I want it to be functional. So, I've got:
          Power wire from the fuel pump fuse
          Pos wire from battery
          Ground
          Load wire (going to positive on booster)

Where do these wires go to the numbers that correspond on the relay?

Please help!
          Last edited by MoHHO; 05-13-2008, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I am having a tough time trying to figure out how to wire up this relay. Here's a link to the wiring schematic: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...g?t=1210722490

I also want to keep it wired in with my switch. I've already got the thing mounted in my dash, even if I never use it I want it to be functional. So, I've got:
            Power wire from the fuel pump fuse
            Pos wire from battery
            Ground
            Load wire (going to positive on booster)

Where do these wires go to the numbers that correspond on the relay?

Please help!
            86 to + tap from Fuel Pump Fuse
            85 to common ground
            30 + from Battery (Use Appropriate Gauge)
            87 to Booster +
            87a Could run to an LED that would light if something goes wrong and you lose power through relay...
            Also 87 and 87a could be backwards not knowing if that schematic is showing with power to the applied coil or when the relay is not powered.

RedMeanie

Comment

Red, thank you very much you've been a BIG help.

Comment

Red, thank you very much you've been a BIG help.
                No Problem!
                RedMeanie

Comment

Working...
                X