Tesla EV and Jay Leno Kool video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla EV and Jay Leno Kool video

We have all heard of the Tesla EV for a while well here is a good promo for it, for the masses. The more successful they are, I think the possibility of new technologies getting out increases. Leno seemed very sympathetic. The sporty look seems to be the way to go since people who like these kind of cars will put out the money for a stylish prototype.

Jay Leno's Garage

PS The advertisement that starts the video comes on real loud so don't be shock!

Originally posted by sykavy View Post
    We have all heard of the Tesla EV for a while well here is a good promo for it, for the masses. The more successful they are, I think the possibility of new technologies getting out increases. Leno seemed very sympathetic. The sporty look seems to be the way to go since people who like these kind of cars will put out the money for a stylish prototype.

Jay Leno's Garage

PS The advertisement that starts the video comes on real loud so don't be shock!
    That's interesting but way down the road for average people for so many reason's.As usual G.M. is focusing on technology they can totaly control(and make billions$ on) while seeming to solve the environmental problem. Basically just the latest horse & carrot show. Hydrogen hybrid systems are by far the best intermediate solution on the road to using straight hydrogen generated from water based on Stan Meyers technology.
    Antiquer

Comment

Originally posted by ANTIQUER View Post
      That's interesting but way down the road for average people for so many reason's.As usual G.M. is focusing on technology they can totaly control(and make billions$ on) while seeming to solve the environmental problem. Basically just the latest horse & carrot show. Hydrogen hybrid systems are by far the best intermediate solution on the road to using straight hydrogen generated from water based on Stan Meyers technology.
      I think the GM was the sponsor of the video and "Jay Leno's Garage" site. The Tesla car is from an independent company not from any of the major producers like GM.

Sure the price is high but the first thing is to get an electric vehicle on the road to show the idea works.

The first computers were very impractical for the average person but Apple changed that. Apple computers were pretty expensive for the average person but not for schools. Apples became very popular in schools all over the country. They started to hurt IBM, which in turn was forced to answer Apple with the PC, which were cheaper than an Apple and so on...Even the first "cheap" PCs were not really practical for the average person until Microsoft became popular with Windows in the early 1990's. Apple started some time in the the Late 1970's. So yes EV's may be far down the road for the average person but any progress is progress.

I have no problem if GM or Tesla Motors or any independent inventor making billions of dollars off their idea. The system of profit for inventiveness is just and right for the labor involved in developing an idea. The problem comes in when Big Business functions like a Cartel and stops competition from independent companies. This is the problem we are in right now with EV cars. ( I personally would prefer compressed air cars rather than EVs but the same point applies to that too.)

The ball has to start rolling and the more people can see a functioning idea (in this case a EV) the more others will work to improve it. Right now we have no mass produced EV. Progress is a positive. If Tesla can prove its case that it works then other investors may be interested in competition say ... ... a Lindermann motor

Big business can't control everything. Alternative energy solutions just have to be clever enough to find a niche where they can exist. Luxury cars is one such niche. On the other end of the spectrum a super efficient golf cart could be another niche.

My thought is, the more niches created the more possibility of changing the status quo exists. I was enthusiastic for speedy change when I first heard about the Teal and Lindemann motors but Peter showed me that slow and steady will win this race. Entrench ideas and systems can't change over night.

Lets just be happy that Tesla Motors has gotten this far!
      Last edited by sykavy; 04-08-2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

My thought is, the more niches created the more possibility of changing the status quo exists. I was enthusiastic for speedy change when I first heard about the Teal and Lindemann motors but Peter showed me that slow and steady will win this race. Entrench ideas and systems can't change over night.

Here here

When you look at the first apple computer with a GUI, "Lisa" computer it was way way out of the range of the standard consumers reach. But the Lisa served as a stepping stone to better machines.

I see the Telsa roadster the same way, it is a break from the normal molds that are out there, and my hopes are like the Lisa it will work its way down to my driveway. Maybee not as that car, but something better.
        See my experiments here...
        http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

I think the GM was the sponsor of the video and "Jay Leno's Garage" site. The Tesla car is from an independent company not from any of the major producers like GM.

Sure the price is high but the first thing is to get an electric vehicle on the road to show the idea works.

The first computers were very impractical for the average person but Apple changed that. Apple computers were pretty expensive for the average person but not for schools. Apples became very popular in schools all over the country. They started to hurt IBM, which in turn was forced to answer Apple with the PC, which were cheaper than an Apple and so on...Even the first "cheap" PCs were not really practical for the average person until Microsoft became popular with Windows in the early 1990's. Apple started some time in the the Late 1970's. So yes EV's may be far down the road for the average person but any progress is progress.

I have no problem if GM or Tesla Motors or any independent inventor making billions of dollars off their idea. The system of profit for inventiveness is just and right for the labor involved in developing an idea. The problem comes in when Big Business functions like a Cartel and stops competition from independent companies. This is the problem we are in right now with EV cars. ( I personally would prefer compressed air cars rather than EVs but the same point applies to that too.)

The ball has to start rolling and the more people can see a functioning idea (in this case a EV) the more others will work to improve it. Right now we have no mass produced EV. Progress is a positive. If Tesla can prove its case that it works then other investors may be interested in competition say ... ... a Lindermann motor

Big business can't control everything. Alternative energy solutions just have to be clever enough to find a niche where they can exist. Luxury cars is one such niche. On the other end of the spectrum a super efficient golf cart could be another niche.

It's pretty naive to think G.M. is going to allow anything on their promo or a site they sponsor that they do not have a major & probably controlling interest in. They already produced an electric car in lare 1960's or early 70's which they mysteriously recalled & crushed when it started to get popular. AS to the Apple/PC fight for market share, there wre not millions of computers already out there which would have to be replaced, the amount of money was not as great as buying/replacing a vehicle and there was no existing system the public at large was used too. Big business has done a pretty good job so far at controlling all major markets & will continue to do so unless we force them to do otherwise.They will buy off,scare off or make it impossible for competition to market it's product. Take Wal-mart for example. They may do a lot of good, but they force smaller stores out of business. You are left with fewer choices as you can only buy what they offer. The only solution is to force them to go to say, hydroxy, by the public installing millions of these systems in existing vehicles. This will create a market they want in on & they will either start building vehicles with these systems installed. or as an option. That's how AC and power steering , etc. became standard. It also let's Big Auto maintain their investment in auto plants, etc. I am all for electric cars or any other technology that is "Green". As I said before the above is the only way we can have any sucess in the near future.
          Antiquer

Comment

Yup and lets not forget who killed the electric car, where are those long lasting NiMh batteries, GM have them off the shelf, they could be used in this car too to make it go further, this is not a real tesla road car, or it would have like the pierced arrow, a nice little black box

EV1 Electric Car

end of my useless 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
              Yup and lets not forget who killed the electric car, where are those long lasting NiMh batteries, GM have them off the shelf, they could be used in this car too to make it go further, this is not a real tesla road car, or it would have like the pierced arrow, a nice little black box

EV1 Electric Car

end of my useless 2 cents
              Actually I think your postings are great. They show great technical skills,ability & drive. The EV-1 link was great & reinforces the point I made Earlier. You also show youm have done a great deal of in-depth research. I believe(based solely on your video) that you just need a little more business accumen. Remember Yull Brown & Stan Meyers. Use private money to fund your project,develope a good working prototype, then produce a more professional video to attract more money. Meanwhile you might want to hie a food taster & keep your body armour handy.(LOL)
              As to your question to Peter,answering for myself , Ido not care to read the writings of Che' or Karl Marx Or Hitler Or Mao Se Tung or any other atheist. There are far better things to read in this world.
              Oh, the speech to the U.N. by the teenage girl was very inspiring. Unfortunately I fear it will go in one ear & out the other as soon as those attendees get home, as usual.
              Antiquer

Comment

I wonder if it's safe to charge it with a bedini charger.

Comment

Originally posted by ANTIQUER View Post
                  Actually I think your postings are great. They show great technical skills,ability & drive. The EV-1 link was great & reinforces the point I made Earlier. You also show youm have done a great deal of in-depth research. I believe(based solely on your video) that you just need a little more business accumen. Remember Yull Brown & Stan Meyers. Use private money to fund your project,develope a good working prototype, then produce a more professional video to attract more money. Meanwhile you might want to hie a food taster & keep your body armour handy.(LOL)
                  As to your question to Peter,answering for myself , Ido not care to read the writings of Che' or Karl Marx Or Hitler Or Mao Se Tung or any other atheist. There are far better things to read in this world.
                  Oh, the speech to the U.N. by the teenage girl was very inspiring. Unfortunately I fear it will go in one ear & out the other as soon as those attendees get home, as usual.
                  Thanks man, maybe we can ask her to re do that speech when we have an open source Free energy device, thy are going to find it hard to ignore that

@wavez

If they use lead acid batteries, then you can Bedini charge it, thing is too, you can run a hydroxy Generator on it and use it to charge batteries, i think H2-EV hybrids can work, as long as the weight us kept down.

Notice on the back wheels where the Air trap is, look at the original EV, notice how the AIR DRAG on the back is taken away by the design on the side, don't under estimate it , you can get more MPG if you "AIR PROOF" your car, just a little flap on the over the side if the back wheels could give you over 15% at least!...

Comment

Working...
                  X