Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscilloscope

Hi

can you recommend me some PC USB oscilloscope, which should handle bedini and RV tuning?

I was able to find pretty much just this type on ebay

PC-Based USB digital storage oscilloscope DSO2150

150Ms/s PC-Based USB digital storage oscilloscope - eBay (item 200184568271 end time Mar-14-08 06:59:33 PDT)

Thanx

Hi,
    I bought this one a while ago: 100MSa/s PC-Based USB digital storage oscilloscope 2090 - eBay (item 370028301240 end time Mar-04-08 10:55:17 PST)
    So far I am pleased with it, works well. I have looked on a Bedini circuit waveforms with this, but I have not tried to look at the spikes if the charging battery is removed, because the input of both channels of this USB oscilloscope is max 30V, if you set your probe to 10x you can measure up to 300V. If you get an additional high voltage probe, then you should be able to watch these spikes up to 1000v or more without worrying about damaging your scope. I like this scope because it synchronizes the image very well (I usually have problems getting a still waveform from my analog scope) and it also can measure a lot of variables - frequency, duty cycle, peek to peek voltage and so on. So after all, I can recommend this one, it is not scientifically accurate, but it is a good piece of equipment for that price
    It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

ok
      so above 300v i need to buy something like this?

Two new 100MHZ Oscilloscope clip probes x100 up to 4KV - eBay (item 280080188057 end time Mar-03-08 15:57:15 PST)

Comment

Probably.
        I am no expert. The spikes from a Bedini SSG probably wont damage your oscilloscope, I tried it on my analog scope with a 1X probe and everything worked fine. But better safe than sorry You can also use the 10X probe with a resistor in series, only then you will need to calculate the needed resistance. For more than 300v it could be in the megaohm range, I don't know. Maybe someone more experienced could say something?
        It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Thanks for so many interesting posts and such good spirit!

This is my first post in this forum. I have recently bought some stuff to get my SSG project going. Solder equiment, amperemeter and some associated equipment. It feels really exciting and a funny coincidence is that I reviewed the same Ebay item as aladinlamp!

Do you think one channel is enough or is two channels better for tuning?
          If one chan is enough I would go for:

ELFA -- Electronics supplier of Northern Europe
          Search for: PCS100A
          Cost: ~ USD 190

Take care!

Comment

i think 2 channels is minimum, its 60 usd more

Comment

Working...
            X